Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2022
    I mean would you rather have this or them trying to sell this kit as "AWW YEAH MAN CAVE KIT" tho

its just easy to display all the items in this type of room rather than say make bathroom or whatever

similarily you could ask if people who wear glasses and do sports are more messy than people who don't since that was pretty much all the clutter kit had

then again yeah i do kinda see myself using this more in teen rooms less so in my man caves so hopefully we get dude dude kit for our "masculine men manning" one day
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm glad the clutter kit has a lot of male content because this pastel pack completely excluded men
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Guys do love their pastel shirts, maybe they should do a pastel pack for guys. :lol: It's just colours, probably there are some darker swatches as well though I think these objects will do best as just accent pieces. I love the salt rock lamp and the kitty trash can.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My guys will love pastel.
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    Sorry, I'm confused. Who is saying guys are excluded from the Pastel pack? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Perti23 wrote: Β»
    Who is saying guys are excluded from the Pastel pack?

I think the promo images are explicit

⚠️ Girls only ⚠️

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrop-assets.ea.com%2Fimages%2F6bHdmzhZfVFFST6lgCISds%2F89f75d73240f72893216708a6bde82ce%2FTS4_SP36_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_02_003_1050x590.png&w=1920&q=75
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Hopefully there will be some more muted masculine swatches so you can build your man cave. :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    People just look for differences and separations in anything they can find. Pastel colors have always been for both genders. Sure "pink" in particular was always more girl oriented because we are so attracted to it and think of barbie, princess and tea parties πŸ˜‡ but every other color, pastel especially is not girl exclusive. Just as the flowers come in all colors of the rainbow and fish in the sea. We are free to like or wear any color we choose.

Looking at the picture posted in the OP does it look like a manly man rough and tough dude pack? Absolutely not. But there is nothing wrong with that either. Everything does not have to be filtered and washed away into gender neutrality until all we're left with is black and white.
    Nothing wrong with girly girly stuff or manly man stuff that "anyone" can use to their liking. I'm still waiting on my tough dude manly Thor pack 😀 πŸ’ͺ.
    I personally wouldn't use all pink pastel for my guy sims room but I'm sure there are other swatches for my sims who want bright colors and designs. One of my guy sims room was designed in pastel blue and yellow for an adventure time room like the cartoon.
    And when it comes to clothing I think guys look amazing in pastel 😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Plumbella just posted on Twitter that there is a variety of swatches and something for everyone. Couldn't post the tweet because as usual her language is quite colorful. πŸ˜„
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @Babykittyjade Absolutely agreed! Yes, we need some manly man stuff, but nothing wrong with girly girl stuff either.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I hope the next two kits that come out are:

"Manly Man Vroom Vroom" kit

and

"Splish Splash Pool Fun" kit

:)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

and

Sounds good to me
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

and

*pulls out my wallet*

Those would be release day buys for me (which I don't do often)
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Somebody should start a men and pastels appreciation thread. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Those two Pastel shots clearly say not only ladies only, but young. As in no older than early teens. At least to the resident old geezer.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Everyday Clutter Kit have no gender assigned but it could be a male themed kit.

Clicked on the active EverydayClutterKit at the end and the first thing that came up was the posting saying "Calling all hens" regarding the Pastel kit. Seems to settle it.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited November 2022
    So, I remember earlier this year when Plumbella tweeted out pictures of "Danish Pastel" interior design and asked her followers what it was called.

It's one of those TikTok-native aesthetic microtrends along with others like Dark Academia. No doubt when she wrote that tweet, she was already asked by EA to inspire a Kit and she wanted to do it based on this aesthetic. Of course, it's just furniture and has no gender, but it's especially popular among Gen Z females.

scandi_interior_trends_292201_1615977068652_image_900x0c_e8b635700d.jpg
    pastel-danish-aesthetic-interiors.jpg
    09102932-f6db5f28-2543-47f2-9a6a-a90bbad21a97.jpg?border=960&auto=webp
    danish-pastel-dorm-room.jpg
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Hi,

Once again guys are banned, pastel is totally forbidden :p

Should've been called "The Ultimate Guy Deterrent Kit".

Here's the thing, personally I wouldn't choose to enter a room like that unless the furniture is edible and deliciously scrumptious - I love pastel flavoured candies & icecream- ; there'd be nothing left but bare space, although if I had to be one of those Golden Ticket kids that were invited to do The Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory Tour I'd probably be Charlie, believe it or not. Or to be brutally honest, I'd probably be Willy Wonka himself, if not a tallish Oompa Loompa.

On the other hand, I'm sure there's plenty of males who'd be utterly content to live in a pastel plumbella space such as this without feeling the urge to devour the furniture.

The reason I'm not a fan of this style is not because I'm a guy, but because I happen to be a guy who isn't a fan of this style. Also doesn't mean that all of a sudden I dislike Plumbella. She seems sound, although I've never met her and I probably never will.
    Some of my sims however, may very well be interested in decorating their bedrooms with pink wonky candles and muddly puddly mirrors. Who knows. Who knows.

I mean would you rather have this or them trying to sell this kit as "AWW YEAH MAN CAVE KIT" tho

Yes, that's actually something that would bother me: I dislike pack titles that refer to gender, because it's imposing an idea on how I as a customer should think about these items in relation to that gender, which is just as bad as using gender stereotypical titles such as "Teenage Gal Room kit". At this point we should be beyond all that nonsense for it is not helping society, never has, especially the one we currently live in...
    Surely we're more creative than that?

This is also one of the reasons -only ONE of them- I still don't own Modern Menswear. Fine lads, wear a miniskirt, but don't tell me that that's today's definition of modern menswear - just like fancy suits shouldn't be regarded as THE definition of Modern Menswear - again, not because I give a hootin' scooter about what folks wear - sure, you look gorgeous, whatever - but because I don't like anyone telling me how to think about what / how men / women should wear what. A dreadful and confusing sentence which I hope makes sense.

But of course I would buy that kit right away! Give me anything with 'Vroom Vroom" in the title and I'm sold. 😜

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    Attaching genders or gender based limitations to colors among other things is just society's way of labeling and putting everything into neat little boxes and corners instead of embracing randomness and free expression. Life should be wide open and whatever creative expression you chose should be cool as long as you aren't hurting someone else or fostering hate.😎
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Attaching genders or gender based limitations to colors among other things is just society's way of labeling and putting everything into neat little boxes and corners instead of embracing randomness and free expression. Life should be wide open and whatever creative expression you chose should be cool as long as you aren't hurting someone else or fostering hate.😎

People complain about it being gender stereotyping but that's just another instance of non verbal communication. Pink is for girls and blue is for boys as much as black is for mourning and red is for parties. No one says you shouldn't wear blue as a girl, or pink as a boy, but some people will assume differently based on this, the same way if you were to show up to a funeral wearing red.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member

People complain about it being gender stereotyping but that's just another instance of non verbal communication. Pink is for girls and blue is for boys as much as black is for mourning and red is for parties. No one says you shouldn't wear blue as a girl, or pink as a boy, but some people will assume differently based on this, the same way if you were to show up to a funeral wearing red.

Thats a bit of an apples and oranges comparison, but I get what you're saying. On one hand it's necessary to understand who you're interacting with to have the proper context. But it also becomes something that gets narrowly and rigidly defined. Having a defined color to represent mourning is different than assigned colors to represent gender. Even then its like saying there's only one way to mourn and show respect for the dead and if you're not wearing black you're doing it wrong. It really all comes down to this unyielding belief that everything and everyone has to have clearly defined labels and clearly defined roles meeting up with people's fear of things that represent change or even the potential for change from the status quo.

I'm a hippy-dippy, peace and love type. I want to see the world throw off the constraints of labeling and let's just live and let live. It's never going to happen, not fully and completely, but we could come a whole lot closer to it than where humanity is right now.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Everyday Clutter Kit have no gender assigned but it could be a male themed kit.

Clicked on the active EverydayClutterKit at the end and the first thing that came up was the posting saying "Calling all hens" regarding the Pastel kit. Seems to settle it.

Isn’t that just Plumbellas catch phrase, though?
  • Options
    Yes. She uses it to refer to her 160K followers.

Urban Dictionary
    Hey Hens
    A common phrase used by Sims Youtuber Plumbella as an intro.
    Hens is a slang term referring to woman, but in this case she uses it to group her audience.