Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is unplayable. Fires every time they cook

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
One sim accidentally causes a fire, making everyone tense or giving at least one sim fear of fire so the next time anyone cooks you get a fire. That leads to fire after fire after fire etc so then sims die of starvation because it’s compounded with the fact they take so long to cook. They also don’t put it out themselves, the fire department don’t show up and if they do they take their time to get to the fire (by which time somebody is on death’s door or is dead or the fire burned itself out). They didn’t even make it five minutes of me loading in before there were two fires.

Meanwhile Sims 3, fire starts, fire department are there in seconds, show some urgency and run in there and are gone just as fast. Nobody dies, no stress and you’re good to go again.

EDIT: My sims are good at cooking. I'm not sure exactly what level they are but I'd guess at least level 7. A number of them have progressed in gourmet cooking as well. And yet, fires
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    First; check your nick. then see if the lot you are playing has a cursed lot trait. It could also be that the have a top notch stove while their skills are not so top (yet). Keep in mind that both cooking skill and handiness skill might come into play. I too would prefer not having lots of fires, thankfully I had only a few, and I think that is mainly because I avoid the cursed lot trait.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Additionally, neighborhoods with industrial eco footprint has increased chance of causing a fire.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Always make salads and when cooking level is low until leveled up the level to the point of not causing fires, also need a fire alarm for the fire department to show up :)
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yubb. Salad saves my Sims bacon every time. One thing that might come to play is the clumsy trait. Is your cook(s) have that trait? Because I have a Sim who had her stove catch on fire about 6 times in a row until I wised up and had her make the salad until I felt she had sufficient experience under her belt. Not that I had any choice. She didn't have any more money to buy a stove and the insurance money only covered so much. I haven't experienced so much fire since her though but then I don't have many Sims with the clumsy trait that have to be the ones to cook. She lived alone at that time.

Edit to add: You can also call the fire department on the phone if you forget to put an alarm.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Every time I go to to the Landgraabs' house in particular for interior design gigs, some doofus tries to light up the grill and ends up lighting up themselves. My Spellcaster interior designer then has to resurrect said doofus and Repario all the lost furniture.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    That is a kind spellcaster @Flikka_Flikka , above and beyond the call of duty I would say :)
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Are you using the Cursed lot trait? Some time ago, that was causing constant cooking fires, so I stopped using it. I don't know if it was patched or not since then. Maybe that lot trait is adding to your troubles.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Please use Answers HQ for bugs and issues as we have dedicated staff there to help with these types of things, you can find a link in my signature.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top