Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lucky Girl - Completed

1151617181921...Next

Comments

• Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @simgirl1010 omg! I'd recommend you don't do that - I think it'd ruin the whole story!

Unless you're the kind of person who gets a new book ad flips straight to the last page because you can't stand not knowing - the go right ahead hahaha but it'll lose all emotional impact :wink:
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Ah, so THAT'S what you look like.

Well done on finishing Lucky Girl. It was Casablanca and La La Land with a dash of Annie Hall but the ending fits in with what has gone before.
  • Options
    One final treat for you all!

https://luckygirlstory.wordpress.com/2023/12/01/epilogue/

The epilogue is ready to read.

I hope you all enjoy one last visit with my two faves of all time before we really have to say goodbye for good.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone! Maybe I'll be back in the new year after a little break <3

XfHUPdr.png
    YOi2wLY.png
    jxosyNy.png
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    @hellohannah2
    Wow, everyone looks amazing! I’m not normally one for a man with a beard, but Shane looks pretty cute with his!
    Oh dear, Fiadh… if she’s never told no she’s going to get a huge shock when she starts school. I can’t see Kelly homeschooling, somehow.
    “Who did you forget, a centaur?” made me laugh. Evie’s so funny!
    Congratulations to Shane and Claire on the baby!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    @hellohannah2
    Awesome epilogue and lovely wedding <3
    Merry Christmas to you too.

ps. still not at team Jude :D But I liked the ending <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Me again!
    I also love Evie and Jude’s facial expressions. Particularly Evie’s one eyebrow raised, “Jude you are talking such bull dung” looks, and Jude’s smug “yeah, I know you still fancy me, I fancy you too” looks.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley I totally agree! I also never really like beards on sims, they look a little off to me but Shane looks SO good with his, it really makes him genuinely handsome.
    Haha Fiadh is the ultimate brat, but I feel like Kelly would never say 'no' to her. She'd let her run completely wild as a way to live vicariously through her, and yes, she'll have trouble in school. She doesn't know how to behave & she also doesn't go to sleep until far too late at night! There's going to be a problem...
    Haha yes Evie is totally funny, that's what Jude loves about her.
    Also - agreed about their facial expressions. I don't even have to make them do it, they're just so obsessed with one another. They're constantly autonomously kissing and *ahem* asking each other for more. They're still insatiable!

@Ellupelluellu hahahaha this made me laugh!! You're officially never gonna be team Jude, we can be at peace with that at last!
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    It’s always nice when Sims autonomously flirt and so on, it’s just sweet to watch. Although I always find male Sims look a bit ridiculous in their little portraits when they’re in a Very Flirty mood. The face just makes me laugh.

If you were going to do a “Q and A” type thing, I guess what I’d like to know is what traits you gave your characters! I imagine Creative would be a fairly obvious one for Evie, but I’d be interested to know the others.

I’d be hard-pressed to say who my favourite character was. Evie I relate to in a lot of ways with the anxiety thing, plus she is just like how Jude describes her in one of the chapters, funny and talented and ambitious. I get why Jude is frustrating for a lot of people, but I think a lot of it is down to his age and not really knowing how to express his true feelings, plus his childhood experiences with parents who didn’t really love each other and probably shouldn’t have become parents, and having to be a third parent to Ivy and all that. He didn’t have that example of parents who loved each other and so he didn’t really know what a healthy relationship looked like. And then Claire just seems like a lovely friend. She just seems like such a sweet and cheerful person, but always ready with some good advice if it’s needed. Shane seems nice too but he’s not in it as much as the others. Much nicer than his younger sister anyway *cough*
  • Options
    I know Jude annoyed me so much in the first part of the story but I came to see some positives in him later on after the Dean fiasco and his break up with Astrid. For me, still, Shane is the best male in the story and I loved his wisdom when it came to others (but maybe not so much when it came to his own life decisions but then Claire is the perfect counterweight for him). Maybe that's the issue I have with Jude; a lack of wisdom over the time whereas Evie develops that.

But mulling over this I'm now thinking....what am I going to read next?
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I have been away for a while, but heard that the forums are closing.

I don't plan to migrate this thread over, nor do I think I will be joining the new forums -

Thank you all for reading along while I wrote this story. I'm still writing and creating, but i am focusing my energies on Tumblr these days. If you wish to follow me there, please feel free to! I'm very much involved with a lovely community of fellow writers and storytellers who are so inspiring to me and I'd love to connect with more of you if you are there too <3

https://hannahssimblr.tumblr.com/

Farewell, friends!
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,381 Member
    Hi @hellohannah2 Thank you for taking the time to say a proper goodbye. It just feels wrong when people disappear without notice.
    I have a tumblr profile but never use it. I'll follow you just in case.
    NB: It's really hard to find story threads, as the Forum is already being wound up and the structure is blown. I was looking for something completely different. Take care <3
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    @hellohannah2 I just found this too. I've really enjoyed reading Evie's story even though I haven't finished yet. You've been so helpful and supportive and I cherish those memories from our interactions here. I'll have to set up an account on Tumblr so I can check in and see what you're up to.❤️

Now about having not finished Lucky Girl. I enjoyed Evie's story so much and bonded with her character to a degree, and I just can't bring myself to accept that the story is ending. I always knew it would be it's also a sadder occasion than I ever thought it would be. I'll finish it soon, but that's why I haven't yet. I know it's crazy, right? But that's me, a bit loco.😁

I wish you all the best in whatever you do and you will always be special to me and so many others here.🤗
  • Options
    Hi @hellohannah2 Thank you for taking the time to say a proper goodbye. It just feels wrong when people disappear without notice.
    I have a tumblr profile but never use it. I'll follow you just in case.
    NB: It's really hard to find story threads, as the Forum is already being wound up and the structure is blown. I was looking for something completely different. Take care <3

They've also removed our general chit-chat threads so we're all talking to each other a lot less.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hi @hellohannah2 I have followed you on tumblr and look forward to seeing your creations there :) (I'm not there as much, but sometimes)

Hi @Kellogg_J_Kellogg the threads that forum users have nominated as important and wanting to be moved to the new forum have been moved to this section for now https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/nominated-threads
    perhaps that includes the favorite chit-chat threads you mean