Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

attractiveness system what we hope in the future

attractiveness system in sims 2 were built on likes and dislikes
your sims had two things they like such as hair color and makeup and one dislike such as people who don't bath

sims 3 was based on how many skills your sims have if they were skilled everyone liked them
I mean who doesn't like someone with a lot of skills?

I think sims in sims 4 attractiveness system should be based on traits and likes and dislikes
as well as hobbies such as playing an instrument sims could like other sims who play guitar
or like someone they have something in common with like a sim who likes to cook ether because they like to eat such as
a foodie or gluten or because they like cooking

I would also like confess to cheating back and real consequences for doing so
I would love to hear what you guys think and what you want in the future.
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @DaniRose2143 the thread is up
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2022
    I would like an attractiveness system which incorporates what physical attributes and non physical attributes (e.g. traits, skills, perhaps even aspirations, careers etc) your sim is attracted to in a partner.

It would be neat if this was randomised for born in game sims (along with sexual/romantic orientation) so that you can just go where the game takes you and be guided by your sim (of course with the option to edit your sim's preferences/orientation for those who have set preferences in mind for their sim). Although maybe I wouldn't want it to be totally random - perhaps it should be somewhat based on what traits your sim has- good sims are more likely to find goodness attractive in other sims? Though, having said that, I quite like the idea of a good sim who is secretly attracted to evil sims.

Or perhaps there could just be a 'randomise' button that you could press in order to have the game select random attributes etc for your sim to be attracted to.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I would like an attractiveness system which incorporates what physical attributes and non physical attributes (e.g. traits, skills, perhaps even aspirations, careers etc) your sim is attracted to in a partner.

It would be neat if this was randomised for born in game sims (along with sexual/romantic orientation) so that you can just go where the game takes you and be guided by your sim (of course with the option to edit your sim's preferences/orientation for those who have set preferences in mind for their sim). Although maybe I wouldn't want it to be totally random - perhaps it should be somewhat based on what traits your sim has- good sims are more likely to find goodness attractive in other sims? Though, having said that, I quite like the idea of a good sim who is secretly attracted to evil sims.

Or perhaps there could just be a 'randomise' button that you could press in order to have the game select random attributes etc for your sim to be attracted to.

More or less the same for me.

I'd want physical traits to be relatively minor in the long run. When your sim is out and about, they won't autonomously flirt with a sim who doesn't at least have one physical characteristic they like, and NPC's won't react to your sim's flirty introduction unless you have at least one trait they like. Once your sim gets to know another sim, it should be based on other traits/skills/etc.

Also, to minimize body shaming, body type shouldn't be on the list. And maybe not weight (fitness I'm iffy on.) Just Hair color, eye color... and maybe facial and body hair as a Yes/No.
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    To be a gameplay dweeb, what would attractiveness actually do mechanically? Increase relationship/mood behind the scenes to make interactions more likely to succeed? Increase relationship gain from successful socials? Make autonomous romance more likely when targeting sims with attractive traits? Unless you make romance without attractiveness buffs harder to compensate (not something I'd be overly bothered with, mind), I'm not seeing how this adds much real gameplay over tickable boxes for the sake of tickable boxes.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2022
    Occult inclusion.

i want to have sims that find vlad hissing hot and sims that simply cannot resist Gregs fluffy fur and growls

but also sims that would find both very ew
    and option to find humans very ew as well

id also like to choose traits sims like or dislike in other sims

like maybe your sim could never ever fall for a slob or maybe they cannot stand cheerful sims or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    To be a gameplay dweeb, what would attractiveness actually do mechanically? Increase relationship/mood behind the scenes to make interactions more likely to succeed? Increase relationship gain from successful socials? Make autonomous romance more likely when targeting sims with attractive traits? Unless you make romance without attractiveness buffs harder to compensate (not something I'd be overly bothered with, mind), I'm not seeing how this adds much real gameplay over tickable boxes for the sake of tickable boxes.

Mechanically it should make romance harder when the sim isn't attracted to the target sim. Neighborhood stories should also take attraction into account when coupling sims up (I have NS off, so I have no idea if it even does couple up sims.) For players who value surprises attraction could also help them choose partners for their sims, maybe some they wouldn't have considered otherwise.

I'd advise against choosing only two turn-ons and one turn off (Sims 2 style). I used to play with Wonderful Whims (the predecessor mod actually) and only chose four attractive elements for my sim, leading to him going from not being attracted to a simgirl at all to absolutely falling for her when he saw her in her gymn clothes because one of the turn ons was the color green.
  • Options

well your sim would get a moodlet or something if they find a sim attractive and would be more likely to flirt with them
    or less likely if not this would be most useful for simmers who want to have there sim pick out someone they like
    it could also make other sims more interested in your sim if there really skilled, gifted, famous, good or if there so inclined evil
    @ScarletSimEater it would also make the sims feel more alive
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Mechanically it should make romance harder when the sim isn't attracted to the target sim. Neighborhood stories should also take attraction into account when coupling sims up (I have NS off, so I have no idea if it even does couple up sims.) For players who value surprises attraction could also help them choose partners for their sims, maybe some they wouldn't have considered otherwise.

I'd advise against choosing only two turn-ons and one turn off (Sims 2 style). I used to play with Wonderful Whims (the predecessor mod actually) and only chose four attractive elements for my sim, leading to him going from not being attracted to a simgirl at all to absolutely falling for her when he saw her in her gymn clothes because one of the turn ons was the color green.

I'm not saying it should only have three like sims 2 in fact I would want way more
    it was more of a run down for those who never played sims 2 and 3 @EnkiSchmidt
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Something that integrates into the relationship system and traits would be great too.

like a sim that isn't attracted to anyone, except for their good/best friend because of a few factors like being the right gender, complimenting traits, and a high enough relationship bar. And this could be done in a way that compliments the sexual/romantic orientation update as well as senitments.

Something like "this sim only experiences romantic attraction/wants to woohoo when they have a strong relationship to another- yes or no" which would take into account the options we're already getting. And the strong relationship doesn't have to mean a positive one either, imagine the chaos of a sim suddenly finding their mortal enemy hot?

I mean, sure, I generally play my sims as double demi anyway...but having it be a gameplay function would be nice...
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't want a superficial attractiveness system. I don't want it to be all about physical beauty. Attraction to superficial appearances should be in the system for creating certain types of characters, but so should attraction to intellectual, artistic, humanitarian, social qualities. A lot of people are attracted to a sense of humor. Some people may find creativity attractive, or intellectual pursuits. I'm attracted to people who enjoy nature. Others may find someone who is compassionate or empathetic attractive, I know I do. Common interests, say liking the same genre of movies or music. More things like that should be included instead of lots of physical attributes. The physical attributes should focus on things like eye color, hair color, as @DaWaterRat mentioned, not things like thin and fat. Yes, being attracted to bigger bodies is very positive and shouldn't be discouraged, but don't make thin and fat the be-all-end-all of attraction.

But I want to take it a step further and have primary and secondary points of attraction. Set the system up so we can say this particular turn on is more important and stronger than another. Don't limit it to just a couple of slots in the two tiers, or more even. Have like 3-5 different points of attraction in each tier and weight them. Primary points are twice as strong as secondary. You could even weight them within that tier. Have the first primary carry more importance than the third or fifth. Same for the secondary points.

I'm having a hard time tonight getting my mind focused because I'm really tired. After a good night's sleep I'm sure I can come up with more and better ideas. But this is a start.
  • Options
    dbgaming07dbgaming07 Posts: 9 New Member
    I have this attractiveness as part of the game and I absolutely think it's sad and shallow and I don't appreciate how the game finds some of my most beautiful sims "basic" or "unattractive." Even sims that are in serious relationships see them as unattractive. How can I get rid of this feature completely? Please tell me how to get rid of this and if this is released by EA isn't a little rude to look at people in one way or the other? Isn't that kind of like promoting bullying?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited October 2022
    dbgaming07 wrote: »
    I have this attractiveness as part of the game and I absolutely think it's sad and shallow and I don't appreciate how the game finds some of my most beautiful sims "basic" or "unattractive." Even sims that are in serious relationships see them as unattractive. How can I get rid of this feature completely? Please tell me how to get rid of this and if this is released by EA isn't a little rude to look at people in one way or the other? Isn't that kind of like promoting bullying?

You get rid of it by deleting it from your mods folder.

No, it isn't released by EA. The only way it could be in your game is if you added it to your mods folder.
  • Options

Are you using WonderfulWhims? I use it and I’ve seen the same thing. It doesn’t hurt their relationship from my experience. My favorite couple are head over heels in love and they think the other is basic looking. I only used WW because it allowed me to define each sims sexual orientation. Now all I use it for is a few cheats that are built in.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    I would want a system that works both with shallow things like hair color or eye color, but also with things such as traits, jobs, hobbies, occult, likes and dislikes. I wold build it on the basis of likes and dislikes, so my dislikes would be things that my sim are unattracted to (and make relationship building harder) and my likes would be things that my sim are attracted to (making relationship building easier and autonomic romance a thing).

My biggest wish though, and I know this won't happen in sims 4 but I still have hopes for sims 5, is that relationship building was one sided. Just because my sim is in love with someone doesn't mean that they are in love too. Having crushes or unrequited romance would be fantastic gameplay.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    attractiveness system in sims 2 were built on likes and dislikes
    your sims had two things they like such as hair color and makeup and one dislike such as people who don't bath

sims 3 was based on how many skills your sims have if they were skilled everyone liked them
    I mean who doesn't like someone with a lot of skills?

I think sims in sims 4 attractiveness system should be based on traits and likes and dislikes
    as well as hobbies such as playing an instrument sims could like other sims who play guitar
    or like someone they have something in common with like a sim who likes to cook ether because they like to eat such as
    a foodie or gluten or because they like cooking

I would also like confess to cheating back and real consequences for doing so
    I would love to hear what you guys think and what you want in the future.

Agreed on all.
  • Options
    dbgaming07dbgaming07 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > Are you using WonderfulWhims? I use it and I’ve seen the same thing. It doesn’t hurt their relationship from my experience. My favorite couple are head over heels in love and they think the other is basic looking. I only used WW because it allowed me to define each sims sexual orientation. Now all I use it for is a few cheats that are built in.

Nope. I do not have that mod because I have the Wicked one.

> @telemwill said:
    > You get rid of it by deleting it from your mods folder.
    >
    > No, it isn't released by EA. The only way it could be in your game is if you added it to your mods folder.

What mod am I deleting?
  • Options
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > Are you using WonderfulWhims? I use it and I’ve seen the same thing. It doesn’t hurt their relationship from my experience. My favorite couple are head over heels in love and they think the other is basic looking. I only used WW because it allowed me to define each sims sexual orientation. Now all I use it for is a few cheats that are built in.

Nope. I do not have that mod because I have the Wicked one.

> @telemwill said:
    > You get rid of it by deleting it from your mods folder.
    >
    > No, it isn't released by EA. The only way it could be in your game is if you added it to your mods folder.

What mod am I deleting?

Both of those mods are so closely related that’s still the likely culprit. It’s probably a conflict with another mod. I haven’t seen any negative effects on relationships for what it’s worth. My couple who finds each other basic looking is every bit as passionate as the couples who find each other very attractive. They still drop everything just to give their spouse a kiss, a hug, or do some sort of romantic social.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @dbgaming07
    We are not actually supposed to mention that mod on the forum as it changes the game's age rating.

If I were you I would go back and read the documentation for the mod as you may be able to turn off aspects you dislike. If not, you'll have to decide if you're willing to put up with the parts you dislike to have the parts you want.
  • Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    I think a proper attraction system including hair/skin color preference can be implemented in current system. It would be impossible in Sims 3 since you have custom color for each, but not in Sims 4.