Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite part about The Sims 3?

KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
And your least favorite?

Comments

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hello @KingofSims: My favorite part about the sims3 is that I can just play the game or if I want to share a story. Also the whole game. The least favorite is the loading of my game. I want to play.
    Post edited by Puddinroy on
    :) Smile!

• Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    My favorite is all the little details included in the open world and how it seems so alive. My least favorite is when I forget to save and it stops working. That really hurts.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    My favorite thing is everything, lol - But honestly, I think my favorite thing is the open world.

Least favorite thing is that it's not a 64-bit game.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Favorite: CAS and being able to customize everything! Being able to upload my own patterns for things is so fun <3 I love that you can change anything to however you want it.

Least favorite: load time and/or memory allocation.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    I love love LOVE the customizing. Interior design is superior in Sims 3. I used to make crazy, quirky outfits that somehow work in sims 3.

I hate how Sims 3 feels heavier on my computer. The only reason I even play Sims 4 rn is because it is easier on my computer. I don't even have 3 installed. I miss it, though.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    No incessant loading screens going from place to place rudely yanking me out of immersion - one long loading screen and I’m done and in.

…at least until the inevitable crash. Dam you, Error 12.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    My favourite thing is, that I´m playing it for nearly 8 years now, and there´s still stuff I haven´t done, but want to do. Never boring.

My least favourite thing are the loading times in CAS and CASt. Come onnnn, change already!
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    My favorite thing is the open world, how I can send a household of sims in half a dozen different directions around town and seamlessly switch from one to another. I would hate being limited to one lot at a time.

My least favorite thing is building. It gets heavy really quickly as I play with different patterns, and I have to quit and reload a lot more often than when I'm in live mode. (And I do build in new saves.) I also get frustrated at how some designs just aren't doable in Sims 3, anything from rooms not counting as enclosed—and letting the weather in—to roofs not cooperating with my plans.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Favorite's probably the craziness and variety of things to do, and the open world. There's always whacky things going on in the game and there's so many different things to do and paths I can send my sim on so I tend to not get bored as quickly as in the other games

Least favorite is probably the freezing and crashing, and how buggy edit world is.. From my experience this game is definitely the worst in the franchise for crashing, I've lost so much progress over the years from regular crashing and endless loading/saving/freezing. And edit world.. it definitely makes me want to turn the game off sometimes when I find a perfect spot to put my lot, and it tells me I can't place it there for absolutely no reason. Or when I try to place a lot from my library and it's something like 32x20 and the only lot available is 30x20, but there's no option to cut the end two rows of tiles off even if those tiles are literally just empty grass so I can't place it
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Favorite is open world and cas+ with the patterns and changing colors so I can matchy match everything I want to match. :grin:

Least favorite longer loads in my long running games. But, I get dishes done or toilet cleaned. :grin:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I guess my favorite thing about the Sims 3 is that a I can play and control my sims any way I want. That they are new every day. My least favorite is forgetting to save.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    The open world, definitely. Not only the ability to go from one end of the world to another without loading screens but, even more importantly, the fact that life goes on on all lots at the same time, that while my sim is sleeping or reading a book I can move the camera to a community lot and observe what the sims there are doing.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2022
    The open world, the vast variety of traits, the color wheel, the soundtrack, the gameplay corelation between packs, and all the little details. The Sims 3 is just pure fire.

The least favorite part is obviously the way the sims look.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    That's like asking what is your favorite part of a piece of chocolate cake! The cake? The icing? The filling? The sprinkles! Truly I love it all and same with Sims 3. It's the best game ever made.

Having said that, I have a desktop that runs it well with rare crashes, and I've learned how to avoid the pudding sims (the sims whose slider values are all set to zero). I don't think they're unattractive. I just don't want a town full of clones. The maids are always pudding and I don't mind that either cause who doesn't want a clone cleaning for them!
  • Options
    Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    My favorite part of the Sims 3 is building houses it’s because I like to be creative with my builds and trying new design styles.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    My favorite things are the open world, endless gameplay possibilities, the random unexpected situations that occur, the humor and the complete immersive experience I get. My least favorite would be building. I’m not a great builder and find the tools a bit wonky for me.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    The open world, definitely. Not only the ability to go from one end of the world to another without loading screens but, even more importantly, the fact that life goes on on all lots at the same time, that while my sim is sleeping or reading a book I can move the camera to a community lot and observe what the sims there are doing.

To illustrate what I mean by life going on on all lots at the same time, here is something from my current game:

I noticed that, when school was finished, my teen didn't get on the school bus. Instead she remained on the school lot and started doing her homework. At the same time on the neighbouring lot, her dad who works in the political career walked out of his workplace. I cancelled his car pool and directed him to join his daughter.

ODHZ0xv.jpg

He played a game while she finished her homework (I actually wanted him to help her, but he has the Absent Minded treat so he forgot).

XciUdlK.jpg

After she finished, they went to play basketball in front of the school.

QMw8Jsz.jpg

Then they took a taxi home together.

bCnFI9I.jpg

This does not sound especially interesting: nothing dramatic happens, it's just a little slice of life event. But without open world it wouldn't be possible to view two sims on two different lots at the same time and to converge their stories together. (Also, the festival lot is visible in the background and there are sims there as well, living their own lives.)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited August 2022
    KingofSims wrote: »
    And your least favorite?

Favorite: The open world
    Least Favorite: We can't travel with time passing in the home town. If you leave town on a Thursday and come home on a Sunday, it'll still be Thursday.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    My favorite part is the amount of freedom I have to create the Sims that I want, do what I want, and just play in a overall sandbox. My least favorite is the lag but that's a given since I'm playing on a fairly old laptop. (Surprised it hasn't given up on me at this point.)
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Favorite: That I can make/do whatever I want, whenever I want. I can really get creative.
    Least Favorite: The loading of the game... And the lag... :/
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    favorite: visiting simmer made custom worlds to let my sims go on vacation, attend custom private schooling, see their relatives/friends and/or complete business trips

least favorite: the save game BLOAT having more than one world creates in your save game folder. I've yet to successfully complete all 3 worlds in WA after a irl decade because of this poor game design >,<
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    My other favorite thing now is the fast loading time of Sims 3 as compared to the other one... when I play it on SSD. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    My favorite thing about Sims 3 is open world.

My least favorite thing is how long clothing takes to load in CAS.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    sushicrowsushicrow Posts: 15 Member
    I love that all the creatures I create will have different likes and peculiaralites. I can place that same sim in a different game and her preferences and personality quirks change. Not all sims with the same traits behave exactly the same.

I love that I can create 2 sims with 3 out of 5 matching traits and no conflicting tratis that have absolutely no interest in talking to or hanging out with each other, even after they find out they have something in common. And that my sim might not be able to break away from a sim that she has almost nothing in common, but those sims have fun together.

I love being able to make crazy swatches for items and clothing. I love the tons of cool mods for this game. I can't play this game without mods.

I hate that the game is so broken that I need mods to play. I hate that this game needs maintenance with mods/ tools to be/ remain playable with complex/ long-term saves, which is all that I play. I hate that the saves break sometimes anyway. I hate that I've had to spend hours redoing world maps because of routing issues. Build mode is terrible. I play with the sound on, and I can't stand that the sims scream so often. I could turn the sound off, but then I may miss a fist fight or something :)