Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Body Hair

Was confirmed to be a free patch feature "soon" during the werewolf stream. This gives us a timeframe - most likely part of the pre-pack patch. The shaving animation makes me wonder if they (unlikely) make it grow over time.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I am beyond excited for this!!!! I can’t wait to see the effects that high school life has on university. The new world looks amazing. I hope carnival/amusement park is a lot type, if not, I’m still happy with what I’ve seen. I have no families with teens so I’m going to start a legacy today and focus on the child sim building relationships and skills. I can’t wait for this pack!!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2022
    Is there a full new world or is the highschool in a kind of Magnolia Promenade or on a hidden lot à la hospital?

It looks from the description on the official page that it's a new world with 7 lots built by the community.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Really excited to see this trailer. I practically leapt from my seat when I saw the ferris wheel and funfair area! (Though it could be rabbit hole, notice no one is sitting on the wheel)
    But pillow fights! And photo booths! And a school to customise.
    This is great!
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I don't think we can ride the ferris wheel.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I love this new type of wicker furniture. I think it will look lovely in Sulani.

ts4-high-school-years-guided-tours-2.png.adapt.1456w.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Where do you think the world is located ? It's like a small town I guess.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Is there a full new world or is the highschool in a kind of Magnolia Promenade or on a hidden lot à la hospital?

It looks from the description on the official page that it's a new world with 7 lots built by the community.

Thanks, I didn't find that. Which leads to the question of all questions: Can we build or own highschool in each world?
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m pretty impressed so far, and we’ve only seen the reveal trailer! I’m so excited for the new experiences we’re getting :) and as a prior HS football cheerleader, I’m beyond stoked that this pack is bringing both of those activities to the game! I can truly say after this pack releases, my wish list has been completed. <3
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Wowzers! This is an expansion pack worthy of the name. This is like a whole extra side to the game.

Finally a reason for me to beget children, something I've never really cared to do (in-game or otherwise). Playing multiple generation (which is a big part of The Sims) just got more appealing.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Not 7 lots total though, I hope !!

• Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    I don't think we can ride the ferris wheel.

Really? I think it’s a new woohoo spot :p

· · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’ll have to re-watch the trailer and re-read the blog, but it all looks GREAT so far, with so much potential! :smiley: Loving so much so far!

Really loving what I saw so far! :grin:

*Lots of new CAS and B/B!
    *A new world??? (Copperdale)
    *Prom!
    *Graduation!
    *Science fair!
    *Cheerleading (and maybe football?)!
    *Pranks!
    *Sneaking out after curfew!
    *A amusement park on a pier with Ferris wheel, a haunted house, and photo booths, etc! :grin:
    *Acne and body hair!
    *Pillow fights!
    *Detention!

And so much more I can’t remember, hehe! So excited! 😀👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Just one premade highschool in one northern world would be terribly immersion breaking. I want a tropical highschool in Sulani.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I feel like this is kind of what I wanted university to be. A little bit more focus on the social aspect of school. But I can see that they built on some existing university features, which I’m not mad about.

I can see that some people are probably gonna complain about the new slow dancing as we just got slow dancing for the first time. But I’m happy to have a less elaborate interaction.

Super excited about the new lot types. I love taking my Sims to different places.

The pillow fight animation looks so cute. Really hoping kids can get in on that.

I’m excited for more afterschool activities.

I feel like even if I don’t wanna always go to an active high school a lot this pack will still expand the life stage for me
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Just one premade highschool in one northern world would be terribly immersion breaking. I want a tropical highschool in Sulani.

They said the highschool is fully customizable, so maybe we'll be able to put some elements of it in other worlds, but maybe without the football field.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love this new type of wicker furniture. I think it will look lovely in Sulani.

ts4-high-school-years-guided-tours-2.png.adapt.1456w.png

Finally we are getting a computer with an actual wide screen.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm interested in the interaction of sims being able to sit on the ground (not on their knees for a change) and be on their phone at the same time (along with homework). Been wanting teens to be able to sneak out since parenthood. Nice to see my unhealthy obsession with boba tea is in this pack.

Should be fun to have more things for teens to finally do. High school is always a lot more eventful than university. Can't wait for the base game updated for body hair.
    5vJrxmT.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top