Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: June 14, 2022 Werewolves Patch

Comments

• Options
    choccymiilkyychoccymiilkyy Posts: 1 New Member
    seems like a lot of default skin replacements are broken too. Both maxis match and alpha. sliders, presets, looks like this patch broke everything.
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
  • Options
    ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    Hey so claudiasharon's mods on tumblr and MTS has some that are broken and some that are okay, they will be updating them after the werewolves pack drops Thursday. Source: Me I am Claudia. xD
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Hey so claudiasharon's mods on tumblr and MTS has some that are broken and some that are okay, they will be updating them after the werewolves pack drops Thursday. Source: Me I am Claudia. xD

Hi Claudia. I have the 'free fame perks" mod and "hamper holds 200x more laundry mod." Do you know if those 2 are good to go or do l need to take them out my game?
  • Options
    szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi - I received this post from MizoreYukii (and thepancake1)

https://patreon.com/posts/mod-status-for-1-67793705?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_source=post_link&utm_campaign=patron_engagement

"Mod Status for patch 1.89.214.1030
    The following need an update:

Begone Build Mode Lag - Same as last patch. Pancake is the only one who can update this one at this time, please be patient as he has not been feeling well.

Color Sliders - Makes the game not load, please keep it out of your folder until the update is out.

Everything not on the above list is compatible.
    Skip Main Menu and Minimalist Main Menu did not break, and the only visual glitches (from my testing so far) that I have noticed are the "Themes" listing in the Scenarios menu now being blank with a , in their place, probably because in the new menu EA has removed the Themes entirely (at least from what I saw). Because this is incredibly minor and EA removed themes in general, I will hold off on updating them until they actually break from a future patch. Of course if you notice other issues, please let us know in the #support channel in our Discord, but I don't think there should be any."
  • Options
    SynnamintwistSynnamintwist Posts: 9 New Member
    > @LJK said:
    > That is so disappointing. I loved their mouth scale slider. :disappointed: It's a very popular slider, though, so someone might take up the mantle someday. I'm hoping that my Sims that use the slider still look the same, it's just I can't use it on new Sims. That would be fine... in the short term, anyway.

This is really upsetting. I liked being able to make my sims look unique and their sliders were a big part of that. WIth that and losing Arnie things really suck. I really like Dark Mode. It is much easier on the eyes
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Clearing my MTS mods as well as my edits of Nyx's mods, with the exception of my Werewolf Bloodlines and Nyx's Werewolves, for I am not sure how many changes/updates those two will require upon EA dropping in-game werewolves.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Kbobster wrote: »
    > @matheus_mar_1999 said:
    > Remove UI Cheats Extension

thanks. I did. DO I have to get rid of all my CC? I troubleshooted myself and disabled first Scripted Mods (UI cheats) and all other Mods (Mods is where CC is, right?) and the game looked normal. Then I went back and just disabled Mods (CC), same issue and the same with UI cheats.

SO, do patches eventually work themselves out? I am new to the Sims 4, like I started playing a month ago. So, can I never use my CC or UI again? Or is this normal and the Team fixes it? Thanks so so very much! I guess what I am asking is, is this a permanent state or a long-term state and i might as well clear out my computer storage and remove my mods completely out of my folder and everything.

Most modders will update their mods! Some however sadly stop updating them, and an out dated mod will never work again unless the creator updates them. The creator of the UI Extension mod is always very quick at updating his mods. Expect UI extension to break every big patch though, it's such a big mod.

If after a patch, something isn't working right; always disable your mods and test the game without them, see if it fixes the issue. If it's fixed, then you have to find the mod responsible.

The easiest method is called the 50/50 method. You take out half of your mods at a time and put them in a folder on your desktop. Test the game, if the game works then you know it's one of the mods you took out. Keep doing 50/50 until you narrow it down.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    wonderful whims is broken it was what was making my ui not show up just letteing everybody know
  • Options
    AndaurilAndauril Posts: 42 Member
    Last time I tried (didn't update it), the height slider mod definitely didn't work. I think I was using Luumia's height slider? The changes from before using the slider stick around, and the PRESETS that come with the mod still work. Presets seem to be fine.
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Andauril wrote: »
    Last time I tried (didn't update it), the height slider mod definitely didn't work. I think I was using Luumia's height slider? The changes from before using the slider stick around, and the PRESETS that come with the mod still work. Presets seem to be fine.

Sliders appear to have broken in this patch. We'll need to wait for the modders to check their work.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    All my mods are clear with the patch.
    I have a few important notes, particularly for anyone using The Hobby Mod, detailed on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/67800113
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Ksanka_zKsanka_z Posts: 5 New Member
    Andirz mods are compatible with 1.89
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/patch-1-89-67774310
  • Options
    Chingyu (Vicky Sims)

Most mods are compatible, but some need updating. Check in the table
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NpXNgr9Y0hmAjUrZwbbKUGJ1Uyrwlj0KLzKOP0kN9iY/edit#gid=831949227
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Well, after the patch the presets I have default to EA's body thumbnail, but still show up on my sims.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    Halapeco

mods update:
    More characters in names (for Japan)
    No autonomous dances for teenagers and adults (only toddlers dance)
    No unnecessary animation while eating
    Teenagers go to school in uniform
    Skills do not improve while watching TV
    https://halapeco.web.fc2.com/mod/index.html?date=20220216#list
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    Nekonyami wrote: »
    Forehead Height Slider - BROKEN!
    Teanmoon Sliders - BROKEN!
    Obscurus-Sims Sliders - BROKEN!

I think it's safe to say that most if not all sliders are broken :'(

Does anybody know if the changes made to a Sim's face stick even once the sliders are gone/broken, or do they revert?

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »

So has weerbesu's More CAS Columns mod
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    After cursory testing, all my mods seem to be working properly for patch 1.89.214.1030.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    AndaurilAndauril Posts: 42 Member
    > @Rhiannon1307 said:
    > Does anybody know if the changes made to a Sim's face stick even once the sliders are gone/broken, or do they revert?

I haven't checked for *faces* in particular but the sims whose height I changed via height slider didn't revert back to default height, so I *assume* it's the same for facial features and the changes stick around.
  • Options
    MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    UI Cheats Extension by weerbesu has been reported broken on Discord.

The creator has updated this mod. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000307/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-14-2022-werewolves-patch/p1
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    > @Rhiannon1307 said:
    > Does anybody know if the changes made to a Sim's face stick even once the sliders are gone/broken, or do they revert?

I haven't checked for *faces* in particular but the sims whose height I changed via height slider didn't revert back to default height, so I *assume* it's the same for facial features and the changes stick around.

That would be nice. I'm just wondering if there might then be an issue if you copy/paste faces via MCCC because that recreates all the components from the tray. Hm... will have to wait and see. And maybe Obscurus fixes the sliders by then, too. Fingers crossed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top