Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

older generations unite!

Comments

• Options
    lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    I'm in my 50's and still play :)
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well I am 34 now but played Sims since the first iteration, so since 2000. I remember as a kid begging my parents to buy me the games. After I was old enough to work part time and earn me the games. But sadly not enough so I had to sell my Sims 1 games since I wanted to play Sims 2 in 2004. It was a long journey with the Sims. Now I am here and still simming.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm in my mid-50s & still love to play my Sims 3 & 4. <3B)
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Mid 30s but I’ve been playing since the first release. My dad got it free from a coworker and I got addicted; he used to joke that it was the most expensive free game he ever got. I know his pain since I’m still addicted and have spent more money than I care to think about on it.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    Then you're probably my age, Oldeseadogge, ;)

Nice to know am not alone. :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I won't say I'm old either as I don't feel it but I remember a bomb coming down in the local London neighbourhood as a toddler! B)

That was around 1940! You may qualify for the oldest simmer award. Congrats for making it through so many years of history.
  • Options
    goodcakebaker62goodcakebaker62 Posts: 35 Member
    Hello everyone, I have been playing Sims since they came to play life and got hooked. I am a 76 year old youngster that love Sims. I will be 77 in a few weeks and hope Santa brings me For Rent for my birthday or Christmas. But I wish you all a wonderful holiday season.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited November 2023
    Simburian wrote: »
    I won't say I'm old either as I don't feel it but I remember a bomb coming down in the local London neighbourhood as a toddler! B)

That was around 1940! You may qualify for the oldest simmer award. Congrats for making it through so many years of history.

There used to be someone older than me a few years ago on here but I was born in 1942 and there were still V bombs around.
    There's something about The Sims that keep one's brains youthful but I play it less and build houses more and get annoyed that there aren't enough longer dresses and comfortable jeans!

Crosswords, knitting and jigsaws aren't quite the same when you can build your own dreamhouse.

I might buy the new pack and rent out all the flats to elderly Sims as sheltered housing. ;)o:)
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I was born when there was only 48 stars on the US flag.🥴
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    It's cool to see what a massive age spread there is among players of this game. I'm just a couple years from hitting the half-century mark myself.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am 46, been playing since sims 1 <3
    My favourite parts over the years :)

Sims 1
    Drunken little garden gnomes tending to my sims plants
    H3eKuiF.png

Sims 2
    Definitely our babies, I loved those babies <3
    ZvkRd05.jpg

Sims 3
    Our lovely plant sims <3
    Pn4d1oz.jpg

Sims Medieval
    The pit beast of course <3

QfYQInn.jpg
    Sims 4
    Our adorable little infants <3
    8ACDtZQ.png

Will I get sims 5 ? Not sure yet, depends on how it is I suppose LOL

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I'm just over half a century, but in the middle of university RL, 2nd degree in a row, Bachelor of Arts, previous Commerce and my daughter graduated just before I started.
    Back when dial-up was still an option for internet connection, and the main one actually, in 2005 or 6, I had money problems, on my own, with a kid. So I scaled down as much as possible which included no internet, or phone, for a year. In preparation, to ensure I would not go crazy without computer games, I went and invested in a couple of ongoing type games that could be played offline. The Sims (1) was one of them.
    A few years later, with the internet back on, my daughter introduced me to The Sims 2. I thought the 3D sims and graphics were strange at first, also because she had hers at a slightly wide aspect ratio so the faces were Thunderbirds-looking, kinda. It was not until a while later that I realised there was such a thing as patches, or glitches for those patches. I thought they were just annoying little limitations of the game.
    Then a while later as well I discovered the BBS. I had a go at sharing what happened in my game through the story feature, but people criticised it wasn't a story-story and lectured about characters and caring about the plot. And also about walls up. I thought that was weird. So I was like, alright, I can write. So I did and that was Willburke Graylands. Then Lateral Legacy. Now there are a lot of people who just share what happened in their game, hence the super-long-lived thread 'what happened in your game'. Times have changed.
    I totally resented how the BBS got shut down for forward advancement of Sims 3. I thought it looked weird. But when Sims 4 was announced as coming, I thought it would be prudent to try Sims 3 in case Sims 4 was a progression from that that I needed to get used to. Now I don't like 4 and only like 3 ...
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm in my mid thirties, and this thread makes me so happy to see how many people even older than me play! I'm not a lone saddo! :D
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Wow, I can't believe there's so many older people that played The Sims and still are. I thought that it was just popular among teenage girls, young adult women, and the LGBT+ community. I'm only 19, but I'm glad to be part of such a diverse fan base. Keep Simming everyone, no matter how old you are! 🥰
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Wow, I can't believe there's so many older people that played The Sims and still are. I thought that it was just popular among teenage girls, young adult women, and the LGBT+ community. I'm only 19, but I'm glad to be part of such a diverse fan base. Keep Simming everyone, no matter how old you are! 🥰

Well back when I got into The Sims twenty years ago I was a teenage girl and also LGBT (bi), so... I can't speak for everyone, but some of us started back when we were the target audience and have stayed. I'll never be too old for life sims!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »

Well back when I got into The Sims twenty years ago I was a teenage girl and also LGBT (bi), so... I can't speak for everyone, but some of us started back when we were the target audience and have stayed. I'll never be too old for life sims!

Amen to that! Nobody is never too old to play The Sims. 💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Well I I am hitting my late 20s but sometimes I feel older, especially in this community xD But I still feel very young sometimes lol. I have been playing The Sims since I was in elementary school (early 2000s) and it's always been one of my comfort games. It got me through many tough times and also was just a nice creative outlet or escape from real life. Even though I have had disappoints with it here and there the past decade, I will still always love The Sims franchise <3
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    I'm 54, turning 55 in Dec 21 and playing Sims 4
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Finally, a simmer my age! B) Thank you @BeckyI7Fan for sharing your upcoming birthday. :)
    I myself will be reaching the big 55 in January 24th, 2024. ;) I'm going to miss being able to switch my age #s from 54 to 45. Lol :D
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    55 going on 56 in a few months.... and I still enjoy playing with my digital dollies 20+ years later.

I hate violence (fighting, shooting, combat, war), so that pretty much eliminates at least 80+% of all video games for me. The Sims has always been a good balance of simple, clean fun with just enough naughtiness and villainy tossed in there to keep it from becoming too overly childish.

Before the Sims came along, I gravitated towards mainly city builders and tycoon games for mindless entertainment. But with the Sims games, I get to enjoy both of those genres with the added bonus of customizing, playing, and controlling individual sims and the world(s) around them. And the icing on top (for me anyways) is the occult/supernatural fun that also gets tossed in for good measure.

City building, economic/tycoon strategy, individualized life simulation and customization, sci-fi and mythical fantasy gameplay.... all rolled up into one.

What's not to love? :)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Finally, a simmer my age! B) Thank you @BeckyI7Fan for sharing your upcoming birthday. :)
    I myself will be reaching the big 55 in January 24th, 2024. ;) I'm going to miss being able to switch my age #s from 54 to 45. Lol :D

You and my husband are only one day apart, ha! My hubby turns 55 on January 25th, he's a year younger than me (yes, I robbed the cradle LOL). He always teases me for being older than him. :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > Finally, a simmer my age! B) Thank you @BeckyI7Fan for sharing your upcoming birthday. :)
    > I myself will be reaching the big 55 in January 24th, 2024. ;) I'm going to miss being able to switch my age #s from 54 to 45. Lol :D

Happy early birthday
  • Options
    > @AncientMuse said:
    > 55 going on 56 in a few months.... and I still enjoy playing with my digital dollies 20+ years later.
    >
    > I hate violence (fighting, shooting, combat, war), so that pretty much eliminates at least 80+% of all video games for me. The Sims has always been a good balance of simple, clean fun with just enough naughtiness and villainy tossed in there to keep it from becoming too overly childish.
    >
    > Before the Sims came along, I gravitated towards mainly city builders and tycoon games for mindless entertainment. But with the Sims games, I get to enjoy both of those genres with the added bonus of customizing, playing, and controlling individual sims and the world(s) around them. And the icing on top (for me anyways) is the occult/supernatural fun that also gets tossed in for good measure.
    >
    > City building, economic/tycoon strategy, individualized life simulation and customization, sci-fi and mythical fantasy gameplay.... all rolled up into one.
    >
    > What's not to love? :)

I can't build even if my life depended on it. I like how sims can do multiple interactions at once.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited November 2023
    BariSaxy wrote: »

I'm not so sure it was the target audience, rather to be inclusive, on-trend and politically correct. There was also a focus on aliens.

It would not surprise me that because of the RL ageing population (the children of the trend of larger families from 20-30 years ago now being the older generation), there might actually be more older simmers than young. Probably a lot who don't participate in these forums, for us to be aware of it.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    I turned 62 in August. I'm not sure when I started playing Sims, but it was sometime after 2006. I have played Sims, Sims Life Stories, Sims Medieval, Sims 2, and Sims 3. I wanted to play SimCity, but I was in a bad place financially at that time. I don't care for Sims 4 because I find the Sims too cartoony, and there is no open worlds. I like to play, build, and create worlds.
    I have one world available for download that is playable. Visit Alryne Valley for more info.