Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Pack Would You Like To See Refreshed?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 437 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Dine Out, Get to Work and Island Living. Also I wish they would update the swatches for all packs, a lot of build/buy items still don't have black and white swatches, other could really benefit from more swatches to make them more versatile (for example, the Paranormal Stuff secretary desk has no wood tones swatches, the Cats and Dogs couch could really, really use more swatches, the kitchen from Vampires has only THREE swatches, the base game S. Cargaux kitchen has no color swatches (it would be so nice in pastel tones....etc).

I will never, ever object to more swatches. Added swatches are the most exciting updates for me. I'm a dork.

And can we get cabinets to match all the counters that came without them?
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I started to have this weird feeling that since they didn't do a pack refresh for City Living with customizable apartments/the residential rental lot type and landlords, now it is definitely POSSIBLE we may get a proper Open For Business/Entrepreneur EP with shopping malls and better retail + ticket machine system, no one can convince me it is impossible lol. SimGuruGrant or other SimGuru did say back in 2018 when they did the My First Pet Stuff as an experiment to see if people would buy DLC for DLC that he would love more retail gameplay in a future DLC. So I am sure it is not impossible for them to expand retail gameplay in a future pack since it seems like Spa Day level pack refreshes are not a thing anymore.
  • Options
    LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    The main three

Dine Out Fix all the bugs and glitches, make it fully smooth to run a restaurant and visit one, add a active Waiter Career, More Build/Buy items and CAS clothing, more restaurant types would be cool too.

Outdoor Retreat all the wooden furniture, add proper hiking paths, swimmable lake, more things to do such as archery etc.

Spooky Stuff Bring back Proper Trick and Treating like in The Sims 3, more Halloween based food such as a pumpkin pie, pumpkin iced cupcakes etc, more costumes too.
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    Get To Work, Specifically the parts involving the Aliens, needs a bit more work in that area, It's weird that Alien Sims can't live on their own planet, did our Alien CAS get Exiled or Something?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Get to Work and Island Living.

Aliens and Mermaids need a massive overhaul.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Outdoor Retreat, Get To Work, Get Together - old packs. New blank world sort of like Newcrest but different.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Dine out,let us play as a chef waiter and have our family do buisiness.

Get to Work,better retail,be able to make your own clinic,and lab

Island Living better mermaids,
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    My top two are Island Living and Realm of Magic.

Realm of Magic refresh should include spellcaster kids and toddlers be able to do some magic and be touched by magic such as scruberoo. They could also have some special moodlets and things like werewolf offspring does. Vampire offspring should also have stuff like that and the other occults too. Maybe what I really want is an occult offspring update.

Realm of Magic refresh could also contain tea leaf reading and magic ward objects or something like that. It would be fun if you could use wards for example to fend off CoL foxes, but that's probably too much pack integration to ever see daylight.

I loved the Island Living refresh ideas in this thread, especially the better mermaids ideas, such as a skill/perk tree and better CAS options (gill and scale skin details, more fins etc). Mermaids should have more special abilities.

Outdoor Retreat refresh would be nice too if it added swimmable water to Granite Falls and more things to do there.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Get To Work could definitely use a refresh.

1. We should be able to build functional Retail stores that work on their own, have sims come to the register. You know like in earlier The Sims games. Running Retail stores is a great feature, but they should be functional by themselves as well.
    2. The hospital should be visitable by sims when they're sick.

These are a couple of things. I like realism, and I like bringing my sims to physical locations instead of rabbitholes. So things like the above always disappoint me.

I know that #1 is kinda possible, but I don't really know how to make it work perfectly. Like I downloaded a mall lot on the gallery that functions independently (but no retail clerks show up at the register. *rolls eyes*), but if I want to edit it and add my own objects (which I very much do!) there's no way to set those items as for sale.

Why can't things just be like they were in TS1 and 2? *sigh*
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Include birds, reptiles and insects. Improve upon the current frogs and fish as pets.
    Let us enter our cats and dogs into competitions (not rabbit holes) with prize money. Allow Cats and Dogs to become famous if that EP is installed.
    Give us pet careers.

Get to work
    Let us go to the hospital to cure illnesses.
    Aliens need a revamp.
    Running home businesses.

Dine out
    Actually run a restaurant, play as a chef or waiter.

• Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    Island Living gets my vote....I would like to see a complete refresh for mermaids, giving them the attention they deserve.
  • Options
    CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 38 Member
    While it would be nice to have every pack refreshed, there has to be a priority. I would love to see Island Living refreshed first. Then, Seasons because there is so little available for celebrating holidays. A base game refresh to add more Medieval furniture, clothing, and architectural elements (especially walls and floors that aren't +industrial).
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 9 New Member
    It would be so great for all the packs to get some kind of refresh. But perhaps that isn't realistic.

My top picks would be:

Island Living - so many cool ideas already been said, particularly expanded gameplay for mermaids. I'd also like to see hidden islands to discover that could be accessible to mermaids/sims who do scuba diving (like Sims 3 Island Paradise). There should be proper underwater lots to practice scuba diving in.

Realm of Magic - I really felt magic deserved to be a full expansion pack. I'd like a larger magic world with more areas to explore, & fairies. I loved the quest aspect for rare ingredients in Makin' Magic in Sims 1, so would love that to return.

Get Famous - I'd like to see the world expanded, with a beachfront area, maybe some high rise apartments too, and another active performance career (singer, bands?). The actor career is great, but it would be nice if there was something else too.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    While I too would love refreshes for almost all packs, I'd be happy enough if they could update some features here and there, ad some content here and there - the same way they do with base game.

After all, if you are a person who only plays the base game, you can rely on getting free additions for your free game, almost one a month. Sometimes it's small (a new hairstyle), sometimes big (infants) but it's a constant upgrade. If you however paid for a DLC (or like many, for a lot of DLC) you too get the new things for the base game, but no improvements to the packs you've paid for.

Why not give a little love to the packs as well? I don't need new refreshes, I get it was something that was tried, didn't generate as much new income as expected and therefore dropped, but some additions could easily be added without full refreshes.
    • A functional changing booth and some clothes rack with new shopping functions (browse, browse together...) to Get to Work
    • More milestones to Growing Together
    • A rocking horse for toddlers and one for kids in Horse Ranch
    • A functional picnic blanket in Cottage Living
    • Some more club filters (including toddlers, infants, animals, more wealth brackets and university settings) in Get Together
    • Some more swatches for items so they match across packs
    • A woohoo bear rug in Outdoor Retreat
    • A movie theatre venue type to Movie Hangout
    • A bowling alley venue type to Bowling Stuff

Just to name a few. They could add one thing a month, the way they do base game. A way to say: hey you actually bought this stuff, so here you get something extra to show our appreciation.

And please just hire Carl to fix Dine out for you!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!