Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Pack Would You Like To See Refreshed?

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Oh yeah i always wondered why they only tied soccer to University and didn’t add it as a sport for teens and a career for adults. Anyway, I really wish Dine Out would get a refresh to add being a chef in your restaurant, having more tasks/managing, and adding a manager role to hire for when you want your restaurant open but don’t want to go to the lot, like from TS2. I agree that IL could use a refresh too. The world is beautiful, and the culture added is nice, but the gameplay is quite lacking and could use more activities. I also think GTW could use a good refresh. The three careers get repetitive and the retail system needs an overhaul, like a big one lol.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The base game and luxury party stuff. I would like to add more options for how party invites work. Certain parties should be 'open invitation' or invite only (who your sim know). Some more thought might have to go into this idea but for instance if you want to throw a teen house party and your sim have no friends. They could have open invitation for any teens in the neighborhood or world to come to the house party. I guess it could work like how Prom Night works. When you can pick random sims to come to the party or maybe they could have it to were the game randomize the invitation list. That way the player can be surprise about who came to the house party. I would like to add a invite plus 1 option for sims who your sims do know too. That way sims can invite friends who they know but they could also bring their spouse or best friend with them to parties they are invited to.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2023
    Isharell wrote: »
    Get to Work (need better aliens), Island Living (need better Merpeople), Outdoor Retreat (needs an update).

What could change about Seasons? I'm game to update that one too, though, since I'm still on the shelf about that pack.

Island Living also needs more beach activities,hammocks,jet skiing,boats that allow more then 1 sim and wind surfing. It also needs scuba diving like Island Paradise in TS3 had but I don't see them unlocking the rabbithole oceans for that.

Sulani could also use a souvineer shop and rabbithole tours and Sulani needs a hotel resort. Also I'd like to see hanging sharks and swordfish and fishing nets with shells,starfish and sea horses.

An Island Living Refresh would also be a pack that could introduce new marine life we could keep in aquariums and fish bowl and maybe the souvineer gift shop could sell them. And finally I'd love boats with glass floors.

Oh my, you've hit on so much I would like. Hammocks I've been asking for since mid Sims3 and obviously no one can do them, but all it would take is two fake trees with a hammock in the middle kind of like the clothesline maybe. Not sure why they can't put this in.

Houseboats. I loved that so much in the Sims 3 and after it came out was my house of choice for a long time.

Souvenir shop would be so nice with new beach type stuff to buy in it and not the same stuff we already have. Maybe a ducky type thing for toddlers and infants so they can be in a pool.

Fish for a real working fish tank. I hated cleaning them so often in the Sims 3, but had them quiet a bit and loved them so much. We have fish and different types of holders in the game already. Creating another object that holds stuff and making it for fish sounds easy. Would love that huge tank Sims can swim in from, I think you once told me the Sims 1. That could hold the most fish and a sim or two could go in. Not only could you have it in rich homes, but it would be a cool addition in a generic lot or in a restaurant for seafood.

I think the biggest thing besides houseboats that they left out was underwater area and I think they should make one. Fish tanks, hammocks, souvenir shop should be easy to make so the refresh would mainly be houseboats, which as far as the inside is already in game, so just making it on water and able to go. Working off of the water stuff we have in game might make that easier. So, the main thing would be an underwater area. Sharks, scuba diving, underwater chest[we have holding stuff already in game so it would be easy to make these], jewels, collecting fish, finding mermaid kelp to turn you into a mermaid, a cave to have an adventure in either rabbit hole or playing off of our jungle adventure.

No way in the world would they do hotels/resorts in a refresh because it would be too much for a refresh and it is a huge seller for them. It should be easy to make them as much of it is in game already and we have restaurants to work off of, so not sure why they wouldn't make something that would definitely be a huge seller for them.

I love the Sulani world and it is the one my sims travel to the most regardless of what I'm playing at because its a nice getaway for them and toddlers can go, probably infant mats as well now.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Echoing what everyone else is saying, put my votes for:

Base game:
    + make all NPC jobs playable by our sims as both rabbit hole and active careers so that sims don't lose their roles like bartender and Principle, -Professor, or Sage when they become active
    + *option* to restrict sims from other worlds visiting lots so as to not break immersion
    + ability to live in vacation worlds full-time
    + *option* to make travel cost money
    + add swimmable areas and collectables to all worlds as needed
    + ability to restrict generation of new townies by using the same NPC for each role in the game with fixed motives and having an option to turn off creating new sims for walk-bys

Get To Work:
    + an alien skill tree and expanded abilities
    + option to open retail stores from the home lot
    + the ability to own community lots and charge admission

Island Living:
    + surfing
    + a merpeople skill tree and expanded abilities

Get Famous:
    + a middle class coastal neighborhood with swim and surf able area
    + bands
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Echoing what everyone else is saying, put my votes for:

Base game:
    + make all NPC jobs playable by our sims as both rabbit hole and active careers so that sims don't lose their roles like bartender and Principle, -Professor, or Sage when they become active
    + *option* to restrict sims from other worlds visiting lots so as to not break immersion
    + ability to live in vacation worlds full-time
    + *option* to make travel cost money
    + add swimmable areas and collectables to all worlds as needed
    + ability to restrict generation of new townies by using the same NPC for each role in the game with fixed motives and having an option to turn off creating new sims for walk-bys

Get To Work:
    + an alien skill tree and expanded abilities
    + option to open retail stores from the home lot
    + the ability to own community lots and charge admission

Island Living:
    + surfing
    + a merpeople skill tree and expanded abilities

Get Famous:
    + a middle class coastal neighborhood with swim and surf able area
    + bands

I was today years old when I realized there isn't skill trees for merpeople and aliens 😂 I only ever play with human and vampire occults with the occasional spellcaster and I don't really think about the others 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited June 2023
    I’d like to see them look at the older stuff packs and bring them in line with the more recent ones. Amount of content in something like paranormal or moschino v perfect patio, luxury party etc is glaring and as I have them all I think it would be a good use of their time to bring them all up to the same value.

If they were just going to look at one feature I think a Mermaid overhaul would be very popular. It’s an expansion selling occult worse than game pack ones.

But if they were going to refresh one pack in a big way to make it much better then I would say either Get to Work or Outdoor Retreat. There’s a lot they learnt since making it that they could apply to OR. We have hiking and swimming and bikes and animals and power walking now. And GTW could just use some love all across the board at this point.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    So… I just learned that the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel at Disney World is closing.

As much as going would’ve been a pipe dream due to the price, I’m still sad, because I never got to experience it.

Thus, I am renewing my request for a Journey to Batuu refresh based on it, to immortalize it and provide some way to experience it after it’s gone.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2023
    Get To Work:

especially the Retail part, since that's what I like most about that EP.

-Smarter Sims while going shopping (not crowding in front of a particular shelf especially, but spreading out more).
    - Shopping bags
    - A functional register with the ability to let Sims check out via register instead of tablets (I mean, how hard can that be, the register is already there anyway).
    - The ability to run stores from your home lot.

Seasons:

- Hail
    - Deep Snow!!!
    - Realistic rain effects on roofs and make puddles last longer!
    - Icicles hanging from roofs in winter etc.
    - Smoother weather transitions (Sims 3 is still unbeatable when it comes to Seasons and weather in general imo!)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    So… I just learned that the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel at Disney World is closing.

As much as going would’ve been a pipe dream due to the price, I’m still sad, because I never got to experience it.

Thus, I am renewing my request for a Journey to Batuu refresh based on it, to immortalize it and provide some way to experience it after it’s gone.
    I just went to Disneyland a few weeks ago with a few people. It’s the first time I ever saw Galaxy’s edge. I loved the two rides there. I got to be a pilot on the Millennial Falcon ride, smugglers run…. Lol! And, Star Wars, Rise of the resistance was fun too. My real Journey to Batuu, lol! I would love if they would put a real hotel (not rabbit hole ) in Sims 4 Journey to Batuu, or even let us have our sims be able to live or rent there. A few lots on the outskirts would be great.
  • Options
    Lixy_170Lixy_170 Posts: 94 Member
    Each and everyone of them! :#
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Cybersbe wrote: »

I just went to Disneyland a few weeks ago with a few people. It’s the first time I ever saw Galaxy’s edge. I loved the two rides there. I got to be a pilot on the Millennial Falcon ride, smugglers run…. Lol! And, Star Wars, Rise of the resistance was fun too. My real Journey to Batuu, lol! I would love if they would put a real hotel (not rabbit hole ) in Sims 4 Journey to Batuu, or even let us have our sims be able to live or rent there. A few lots on the outskirts would be great.

To clarify a bit, Galactic Starcruiser is less a hotel and more a large LARP/Escape room. It's an attempt to, quite literally, put you in the middle of a Star Wars movie.

So if a refresh based on it were made, it'd have to be more than a rabbit hole to do it justice.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Any. But Outdoor Retreat and Island Living are my highest wants.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Get Famous - Please add bodyguards.

Get to Work - Add more active careers, and add resorts/hotels to own.

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 719 Member
    edited July 2023
    I like how the Cottage Living bar has special British/homestyle foods. I would love a string of updates that adds themed foods to the bars in each world.

I would also like rabbit hole activities added to more debug buildings.

Neither of these updates would require any animations. They would be cheap and easy. It would be exciting to watch these two updates get added world by world, once a month. We could all speculate for a month about what comes next while talking about what we just received.

For an outdoor retreat refresh, I would like more of the objects made portable. This could be another string of updates delivered month by month, starting with Outdoor Retreat.

I'd love to see regular monthly delivery of these simple updates. I think it would create a lot of excitement.

Once a month, I'd also like to see a mod creator showcased and paid for a mod that is officially added to the game. Maybe starting with this portable toilet. https://simsonianlibrary.wixsite.com/library/post/patasimnia-adventure-toilet

I'd like for us to be able to vote more often. I'd love to see the results of our voting, every month.

• Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2023
    • Get to Work:
    Surgery scars, Vitiligo, hospital mask, bandages, prosthetics, blindness, muteness, cane walking, office lot, BG careers being semiactive, breaking laws gameplay, burglars, new aliens cas items and gameplay

• My First Pet Stuff:
    Small birds, reptiles (tortoise, lizards) and more rodents (chinchilla, ferret, bunny, rat).

• Seasons:
    Seasonal festivals, full plantsim lifestate and special CAS items for them, lightning scar.

• Outdoor Retreat:
    Swimmable lake, kayaking, mountaineering, big foot and lumberjack's ghost gameplay

• Realm of Magic:
    Rituals, spells' colors according to its magic nature (Ex.: Pratical spells are red/yellow) OR choose a signature color by sim (Ex.: All my sim's spells are pink), pet's interactions with familiars, new items (altars, pentacles, small cauldron, candles, jar spells, etc.), mystic meditation, ask about [Sim]'s wand/familiar, wand making, magic classes, herbal baths, cleaning house's energy, recharge home appliances with magic when off the grid, festivals (Duel championship, sabbat ), evil spellcasters banishment gameplay, etc.

• Island Living:
    Origin's facial painting, Festival's notifications/included in calendar, shark bite scars, pet's interactions with aquarium fishes, better mermaid gameplay (perk tree/skill, aspirations, always have tails in ghost form, sea meditation, lunar energy bar, dehydration death, search food in underwater rabbithole, sea rocks for mermaids to sit/sunbath/moonbath/nap, etc.) and CAS (fish nostrils, gills, arm scales, ear fins, headdresses, armor-like tops, paintable tail, etc.)
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Get to Work:

I would really like the ability to stay at the secret job lots as long as I want similar to how the movie backlot works in GF.

Aliens:
    Skill tree, more powers, a futuristic/cyberpunk Sixam world complete with alien tech e.g. flying cars etc. More CAS/BB items in a cyberpunk/ futuristic aesthetic.

Doctor career:
    Surgical masks, patterned scrub caps, the ability for Sims to go to hospital when they are ill not just pregnant Sims giving birth, better illness system, more skin details in CAS, fear of getting ill.

Detective career:
    Burglars and the ability to arrest them and interrogate them, SOCO suits for crime scenes (for the lab techs, of course), face masks, boots with shoe protection covers, hard hats (if Eco Lifestyle isn’t installed). Possible tie-in with DU’s law career (if installed).

Island Living:

Mermaids:
    Skill tree, gravestones and crib specifically for them, underwater scuba diving (like sims 3)/ mermaid world. It would be really cool if we had to fight an underwater Kraken boss similar to how you fight the Mother in SV.

CAS:
    More tail shape options and colours (we have a plain black tail but no plain white) for mermaids. Siren/scary mermaid assets (similar to vampire skin details), gill skin details, fish scale skin details (body and face), shark teeth, shell crowns/tiaras, long wavy hair with shell accessory.

BB/GP:
    Hammocks, more than one Sim in a boat, fishing whilst sat in a boat, festivals listed on the calendar.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I really enjoy the active careers- and I wish there were more. I love dream home decorator and spooky stuff, because you get to go to other sims you created houses and work. Would be nice if there was a daycare active career, doctor home visits, and maybe even a doctor home office. Home office for psychologist would be rad too. And because of the pandemic, and update for some careers to have work from home day option. Dine out, Island Living and My Wedding Stories need to me ironed out as well as infant bugs and glitches
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Get to Work. I hate the retail system with all the questions you have to ask a customer. When you go to the bakery to buy bread does someone asks you what price you are comfortable with? I also want to see the customer spreading in the shop not clustered in a corner to talk and talk and talk. I also would like customers to go to the register to pay and I would like to be able to have a business and live over it.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Get to Work needs it badly--especially when you're working in the hospital career. Your "coworkers" really don't help and get in the way. The "receptionist" doesn't do their job, and it seems the routing is programmed to always stick a nurse or doctor in your way when you're trying to diagnose a patient.

Dine Out needs it badly--going to a restaurant is torture, and takes up half a day.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    If they could save Journey to Batuu, but sims always want to take their kids to go to Disney, but that gameplay sucks so bad. Do you think Disney made it bad on purpose, knowing they'd be coming out with their own game that competes with the Sims?
    It's a really cool concept to travel to alternate world- like even to the future or past(whatever star wars is). but it was not implemented in the fashion we play sims. Its like a cheesy mobile game. I love the clothes and build/buy stuff. Would be nice fantasy future world to travel to. Build in especially.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    I agree with everyone about the updates for the packs. All of them need it. They not only need what everyone has mentioned but they need to include everything that has come after.
    ROM needs spells added to include newer packs like scruberoo the animals from Cottage Living, upgrade objects, turn a vampire into a normal human (even if it is temporary) & scare the living daylights out of the vampire when you do it, the same for any of the occults & a spell to do the opposite to normal sims. These are just a few spells that should be added. I miss the Magic Packs from Sims 1 & Sims 2 for some of the magical abilities & spells. It seemed more mysterious & harder to achieve your inner with or wizard goals; therefore, more rewarding when you did complete them. And turning that pesky neighbor into a frog was priceless.
    Cottage Living needs canning expanded to include ALL garden items from all the packs & the canned goods should all have a drop down menu to make 2, 4, 8 & even 20 jars. Even a machine to auto-process canned goods where a sim could put in the ingredients, press a button then come back later & collect the results. Rabbits & birds should be pets as well as garden helpers. I love the shopping stalls but I would like to see the hours expanded & the stores along the walk way be more than decoration. I was a little disappointed my sims couldn't go in & actually shop for clothing or books. I miss the book store from sims 3 (I know it was a rabbit hole) where you could purchase books.
    Journey To Batuu really needs buildable lots along with a great deal of other things. Some of what it needs has already been mentioned so I won't reiterate. There should be a money exchange so that your sim could trade Simoleons for Galactic Credits or vise-versa. I know when I was in the Navy & we came into port the first place we hit was the money exchange so we had that nations currency to spend, so why can't the sims?
    There should be an update just to address all the packs downfalls. Magnolia World should have at least three neighborhoods but if you upgrade it you would also need to upgrade some of the other packs neighborhoods & probably move players builds into their personal gallery. It would make players mad to have to reinstall their builds but if the builds weren't deleted like when the Sims 2 received a similar update it would be survivable. I really miss that about Sims 1 & 2 that you had several lots to choose from to build on & not just a few. I also miss that when winter came in the Sims 2 & you went to world view it would be echoed. Snow would cover the once green areas but Sims 4 when you leave your snow ridden lot you are greeted with a green view.
    I would also like the option to pause holidays in Seasons. I love the holidays but there are times I want to take a break and I don't want to delete the holiday from the save game. I just want to shut it off for awhile.
    Grafting of more plants across the packs to yield some of the newer gardenable items so that kava fruit spliced to coconut trees could yield another fruit or vegetable perhaps from base game. This just one example and I've made it known in other posts that I would like to be able to store the sixam plants in the fridge & use them in canning & other recipes. The same goes for herbs from Outdoor Life. I think if its a berry or a herb it should be stored in the fridge. I also think drying fruits, vegetables & herbs should be a thing & that the garlic braids sims make should also be usable for cooking at a later point when sims need garlic for a recipe.
    Berries from Outdoor living sims should be able to make drinks, jams, pastries, maybe even poisons from. Fireleaf could be added to a recipe to be given to another sim as a prank so that they would itch or even catch on fire.
    Tombstones! All tombstones should have the option for a sim to mourn & there should be graveyards. Even if your sim doesn't know the person buried in the grave they should be able to think of a friend or loved one they lost and mourn for them at the grave. Also the ability to lay flowers on a grave & a prayer animation. Sims should be able to pray in the religion of their choice for not only dearly departed but also when life hits them hard. It doesn't have to be mandatory for sims who don't believe but it should be available for those that do. My game usually has myriad of things from religions, to deviant mods (WW, Base...Men..., ect) in it so my sims can sin to their hearts content or attend religious services or repent of their sins & swear they won't hit that bottle again. My sims aren't all atheists & are free to worship the god or gods of their choice (perhaps with a little direction).
    I also think there should be counseling services for sims to help them deal with life's challenges & over come their fears. Right now I'm doing a pretend counseling sessions with a preacher mod. RL needs these things so why are our sims deprived of having ways to reach out for some mental help? It's nice they can talk to other sims but there are times when some professional help would serve them better. Sims 1 had its doctor that would show up when they became hysterical & or dazed from the stresses of sim life. I think it was also in Sims 2 but I don't remember. Right now our poor little sims have to contend with fears that family & friends don't always help relieve. They may be able to blog on the computer about it but they can't write in their journal, or talk it over in the mirror or paint a painting about their fear. Even boxing to relieve fears would help.
    I know that I missing a great many other things that need addressed and I'll think of them later but... I hope that all the packs get an update.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I want a refresh for the sims 4 Get to work with a hospital to go to please when you’re sick or when you’re injured or when you need a checkup
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    Id also like a refresh of growing together please so it can have strollers for newborns toddlers and infants and newborns get out of their cribs to ride in a stroller
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Outdoor retreat - Don't know with what but that pack is old and I don't use it much... Would be fun with some more gameplay, maybe being able to buy a house there/ second home? Running your own Bed & Breakfast?
    Playing with that pack became a lot less fun when adding seasons as there aren't much to do to begin with but with the weather effecting the water so you can't fish nor harvest plants, there is basically nothing to do.

Dine Out - Being able to run a restaurant with only household members. Assign my sim to be a chef, server etc.

Get to Work (maybe) - now this is my favourite TS4 EP and when I see others wanting a refresh of it I never got why? Like it's the best/ most diverse one with lots more/ different things to do that you can utilise in basically any household/ world vs the other EP's. I remember I had fun with just that pack for months, the other EP's I have was about an hour or so of "fun" for me, and then the gameplay was explored completely. And again, they are so world focused that having the Japanese world EP makes no difference if I play in Willow Creek.
    Having that said someone did say updating the aliens and that sounds cool I guess, love the aliens.

Any of the other EP's, they are so lacklustre and not expanding of gameplay at all. Very niche and focused on the world they come with. Just blah. For me honestly they are all what gamepacks were supposed to be, more focus on a specific thing and not expanding the game as a whole. Now gamepacks seems to be earmarked for supernaturals/ occults.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited July 2023
    Get to work, outdoor retreat, and jungle adventures. Are 3, I want refreshed. We should be able to live in Silvadorado, and be able to visit granite falls without taking a vacation there. As for Get to Work, we should be able to make stores without having to own them, the way Dine Out is. We should have something that looks like bins of vegetables and fruit that we can buy them from in our grocery stores to put any type of vegetables or fruit in, from all packs we own ( rather than having to put them in the freezer ), We should be able to check out from a cash register. I love the 3 careers, but they should modify it where we can can change what the work places look like without using cheats, just like the school is in High School years. We should have a few lots on Sixam that we can build on so our aliens can live there. I would also love a few more lots in Magnolia Promenade. Dine out also badly needs a refresh to fix the bugs it has, other than the bugs, I pretty much like the way they made Dineout, it worked so well when I first bought it when it came out. Having our Sim be able to not only own the restaurant, but also work as the chef would be nice.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on