Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Pack Would You Like To See Refreshed?

ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
Personally I would like to see Seasons, Get To Work, and Tiny Living. Or just one of those 😅😅 What would you like to see updated and refreshed?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    Island Living and Outdoor Retreat

I have seen Seasons many times, but I can't imagine what can be added to it

Get to Work need a big rework, the content scale of which may equal one EP plus one GP if ideal.
    Considering the present marketing strategy and the reflection on My first pets SP, I won't hold hope of upgrading GtW. It is a war orphan made in the early development.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Seasons and Get Famous.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Get to Work (need better aliens), Island Living (need better Merpeople), Outdoor Retreat (needs an update).

What could change about Seasons? I'm game to update that one too, though, since I'm still on the shelf about that pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    all of them but especially some of the older packs like Get To Work and Outdoor Retreat are in serious need of love

and I do wish they would refresh occult packs to just include something for baby-child sims like say a set of very occult cribs would be hecking useful for a start

and maybe some important cas stuff that was left out like witch hats and alien cas and I'm not even gonna start with plantsims since they're base game but strangerville could definitely expand upon them with some mother plant cas and interactions not to also start with the obvious lack of mermaid themed furniture in Island Living

and heck I didn't even start talking about gameplay yet, all of it, thank you.
    this message will be too long if i start blabbering of all the things we could have

and i still wish granite falls and selvadorada were residential worlds and that we had open water in windenburg, granite falls and brindleton bay
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    edited May 2023
    My Top 3

Seasons- addition of festival lot that changes seasonally and highlights fruits and activities related to the season, addition of pool accessories and pool parties, a new world, more integration with other packs with the holidays.

Outdoor Retreat- new neighborhood or additional world with swimmable/usable water, watercrafts/boats, hammocks, smores, additional outdoor activities.

Parenthood- needs a family friendly world, strollers, stuff for infants, expanded playground equipment, ability to create our own playgrounds. More family activities.
  • Options
    Dr. BorpoDr. Borpo Posts: 26 Member
    Get to Work—fix the career bugs that still happen to this day and give aliens the world and skill trees they deserve.

If it’s Outdoor Retreat, give us Bigfoot!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get to Work by far needs the largest overhaul working cash registers need to be added objects need to be added to support the retail experience be it clothing racks changing rooms freezers and display refrigerators for grocery stores there is just nothing to do in retail and what little is there is not fun to use.

Outdoor Retreat would be my second choice like Get to Work it suffers from the curse of being one of the first packs released. Outdoor Retreat could have been great but is not mainly because it loses out with no newer systems. Ocean/lake swimming not existing is terrible no hiking trail or rock climbing there's many more things but these annoy me the most you get in the outdoors with nothing to do but sit around a campfire which gets boring fast.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    It will never happen, but an update to journey to Batuu would be nice. Add bb and a neighborhood that can actually be built on. Giving the opportunity to actually design and vacation on an alien planet. I know the point of the pack is more about the missions but I think being able to explore an alien planet would be fun.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    If we're talking EPs definitely Get to Work! Since they tried to make three packs into one, each and every feature of that pack is lacking in depth and content. Most of all I'd expand the retail side of it, and drastically rework how retail lots work, so that they could be set up and run by NPCs simply from build mode the way we can with restaurants. I would also love something like this to be in game: https://ravasheen.com/download/retail-therapy/ as well as flower stands where you could buy individual flowers. And changing boots! Give me changing boots where sims can buy clothes, take a nap, cry it out or whoohoo!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited May 2023
    Get to Work for a better retail shopping experience.

Seasons - really needs a better seasonal decoration system. In my game I'm seeing non played houses decorated for the wrong season (often it seems to hang from my last visit to that lot, so if I visited a market in Winter, it might have Winterfest decor when I walk by in Summer. I also hate-hate that all edges and fences are decorated, and that I can't get rid of it easily *). My farmers don't want their entire farm covered with lamps, especially not the poor ones who can hardly afford their food. My castle hedge maze looks plain silly with pink love day flags on all pits of it. I really doubt that the Monarch ordered such crappy deco in his historical garden...

Outdoor Retreat - needs more content. Ie, if going there for just a couple day hardly any plants can be harvested. It was probably better before Seasons, but it doesn't help on the experience that plants might be out of season, too. They don't need to adjust the plants, but perhaps a few more elements added to nature, a new wild animal? Also a walking trail area could be added (in a new hood?), swimming area (although I guess most sims would find the water too cold), a new collecting game for kids etc. I just lack reasons to go there for a 1-3 days stop. Residential lots would be nice, but not a must if other features are added.

* Adding: My jungle explorers hate finding the well hidden jungle temple fully decorated with Winterfest lights... it totally ruins any photo you would normally like to take in front of a temple you worked so hard to find.
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Get to Work - It would be nice for aliens to get a refresh and some of the aspects that other life states have (like abilities, skill trees and all that). The pack also needs aspirations and new traits (I feel like every expansion pack has to give them). The careers themselves could get improved, but I think the retail system is what needs it the most. It would also be great to incorporate some business related things such as lemonade stands and bake sales for children and also something for teenagers.

Outdoor Retreat - Swimming. SWIMMING. IN. THE. LAKE. And also expand the overall experience in Granite Falls.

Luxury Party Stuff - This pack is just sad. It gives as much as a kit (I think?) and is still sold for 10 bucks. Either expand it or indefinitely lower the cost. Or keep giving it out for free, I don't mind that ;)

Perfect Patio Stuff - Technically pointless now that hot tubs are base game. Personally don't care for it, but still.

Essentially all the packs from the first two years of the game. Get Together could do with some more activities and the clubs have been ignored in more recent packs. And while I have never personally visited nightclubs in real life, the way they are in the game right now doesn't sit well with me. They need more energy! City Living could do with a few more festivals and revamps to the current festivals.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2023
    It's so sad that retail, aliens and Sixam got wasted in the first EP. Thise are such great themes for gameplay it drives me crazy that they weren't expanded more. I want nothing more for the franchise than refresh of this pack.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Outdoor Retreat and Cats & Dogs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Island Living 🏝 and Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2023
    Isharell wrote: »
    Get to Work (need better aliens), Island Living (need better Merpeople), Outdoor Retreat (needs an update).

What could change about Seasons? I'm game to update that one too, though, since I'm still on the shelf about that pack.

Island Living also needs more beach activities,hammocks,jet skiing,boats that allow more then 1 sim and wind surfing. It also needs scuba diving like Island Paradise in TS3 had but I don't see them unlocking the rabbithole oceans for that.

Sulani could also use a souvineer shop and rabbithole tours and Sulani needs a hotel resort. Also I'd like to see hanging sharks and swordfish and fishing nets with shells,starfish and sea horses.

An Island Living Refresh would also be a pack that could introduce new marine life we could keep in aquariums and fish bowl and maybe the souvineer gift shop could sell them. And finally I'd love boats with glass floors.
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

I agree, Outdoor Retreat is a pack I commonly forget about but it could definitely be more interesting with just a little update. As for Seasons being updated I think they should add more like annual holidays, more build buy items like bushes and stuff, I really feel like they should have added more in that respect. As well as maybe like a carnival or something that comes in each Spring? And letting it rain in Winter and such. And maybe like a pool update with it 😂😂😂
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Outdoor Retreat also agree needs swimming added. In fact all worlds should allow it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Carl's gameplay mod showed there is lot of improvement to be made in Dine Out, I would also although is one oif my favorite packs like to see City Living improve even further.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    Wild idea:
    So many aspects of Get to work could be expanded so much more a refresh would not be enough to do it. Soo... what if Get to work would join base game in being permanently free as the oldest EP and we coul get a fresh new pack that expands on aliens and Sixam for example that would not be the case of My First Pet because the expanded DLC would be free?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Packs that need to be refreshed:
    1. Get to Work with Strangerville
    2. Island Living
    3. Outdoor Retreat
    4. Jungle Adventure
    5. Realm of Magic
    6. Vampires
    7. Werewolves
    8. Paranormal
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited May 2023
    “Get to Work” needs a big retail overhaul….

Get to work retail needs a lot of things changed or added to it.

1. First it should be like Dine Out where you aren’t forced to have a sim open a business to set things for sale. I don’t particularly like running a business, I just want it there so my sims can visit and buy things from it.
    2. We should be able to buy collectibles for a business without going into cheats. Sometimes I want certain things for my sim without having to collect them.
    3. We need food bins that look like produce to buy produce from ( and we should be able to buy produce from any pack we own at anytime ), what is a market without these? And, I don’t like the limits placed on produce from the food stalls in Henford on Bagley. We should also be able to buy any other grocery items from packs we own, such as eggs, flour, sugar, meat, honey, jelly/jams etc. and we should be able to buy any plate of food, in single serving size, family (4 serving) size, or party (8 serving) size, just like if we can when making them.
    4. We need a simple clothing lot trait where you need to buy a piece or pieces of of an outfit to open it up in your household, whether from a store or through build/buy or a computer/phone.
    5. We need to be able to buy off a rack which opens up all clothing. Buying from 5 mannequins is too limited. We should be able to create our own outfits when we go into a store if we want to.
    6. We should have jewelry counters, hat boxes, or hats on a table, shoe racks, lingerie items on tables, etc. as well as clothing racks that can open up CAS. It makes a clothing store look more real.
    7. We need a costume category so when our sims go to costume parties or show up at geek con, or children show up for Halloween, our sims go in the outfit we choose, even townies since we can change their outfits too.

Other things get to work needs

I. We should be able to change things in the work places without going into cheats as long as we have the objects needed, just like we can do for things like proms.
    2. We should have some lots on sixam where our sims can live or use as community lots. I would like my aliens to be able to have a home world of their own.

Those are the major changes I want to see with get to work.

Things in other packs I’d like to see…..

Outdoor Retreat: being able to visit Granite Falls without having to pay for a rental place. Day trips are a thing at national parks too, I want my sims to be able to visit without having to stay overnight. We should have swimming areas here.

Jungle Adventure: we should be able to visit without spending the night, and we should be able to have our sims live there.

Island living: our mermaids should be able to have underwater homes, even if it’s just under glass domes or something under the water.

Get Famous: we need swimmable beach lots like in Sulani, and we need a middle class neighborhood. Downtown should also have a couple more lots.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    Get to work- Add lemonade stand for future entrepreneurs. Toy making bench and toys to make and sell. Jewelry making to make and sell.
  • Options
    Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    Island Living- Mermaids desperately need an overhaul with a skill tree and more powers, as well as a resort/hotel system where you can run your own resort and hire workers with a spa, waterpark etc.
    Outdoor Retreat- Add Bigfoot or something similar and a summer camp for kids with water activities like canoeing, a ropes course, archery etc plus new careers for teens and adults like a summer counselor and a camp director job.
    Get to Work- Aliens need to be updated and the world could use an update with houses and maybe a new aesthetic different than Willow Creek, as well as a retail overhaul.
    Dine Out- They can probably just pay Carl who made the mod and fixed Dine Out to add the mod to the game for console players.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2023
    Get Famous should add bands.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I keep saying Island Living, but I stand by it. It was a shallow pack. But most of all, I really want surfing and surfing competitions. Snowboarding and Skiing are so fun. Diving and exploration should also be expanded.

Snowy Escape might be fun, too. If only so we can get a debug or BB item that lets us snowboard outside of Mt. Komorebi. But if we're on the topic of sports, they need to free soccer and let our sims become soccer players outside of university. Soccer Career, please?

Cats & Dogs needs more pets. Aside from the vet career and Brindleton Bay, it's a huge downgrade from past pet packs. I know it's not "Pets," but it's meant to fill that role for Sims 4. Give us some actual animals and flesh out the collectable ones we already have.

Next to that, RoM. The pack was so safe and had very little in the way of traditionally witchy BB/CAS. Familiars are practically useless, but making them fleshed-out creatures you can bond with (ala farm animals) would be a game-changer. We really need more pets.

Aaaaand Luxury Party. Like this Stuff Pack is worse than some kits. The CAS is meh and the few items it got are trash. I'm not interested in it all that much, or any possible gameplay it might provide. But I feel bad for it.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017