Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you store in the keepsake boxes ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,415 Member
Hi,

What do you store in the keepsake boxes ? Voodoo doll, book of life, diary ???
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I fear we keep nothing in these boxes since they eat up our precious photos.
    So we keep the things we want to keep in our inventories for keeps sake ö.ö

9cd7c68e1d53af2caea37dc7a82d5207a0c993aa.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,506 Member
    edited August 2023
    Nothing so far. I have used them a few times as decoration boxes, especially the one shown in the picture by @Lenny_Ogg. But I was under the impression that only elders have full access, not younger sims and I don't have many elders in my game. (please let me know if this isn't true) So I prefer the storage chests from discover university, eco lifestyle (looks like a cardboard box) and batuu. All 3 have their own separate inventory and the boxes themselves can be placed in a sims' inventory as well.
    Unfortunately photos break in these chests as well so I don't put photos in them. I mostly use the chests for collectibles and crafted items.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Nothing so far. I have used them a few times as decoration boxes, especially the one shown in the picture by @Lenny_Ogg. But I was under the impression that only elders have full access, not younger sims and I don't have many elders in my game. (please let me know if this isn't true) So I prefer the storage chests from discover university, eco lifestyle (looks like a cardboard box) and batuu. All 3 have their own separate inventory and the boxes themselves can be placed in a sims' inventory as well.
    Unfortunately photos break in these chests as well so I don't put photos in them. I mostly use the chests for collectibles and crafted items.

In my game it says that only elders can use them and as I don't have any playable elders I just use them as decoration.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

In my game it says that only elders can use them and as I don't have any playable elders I just use them as decoration.

If I'm not mistaken, only elders can be the owners of them and entrust someone else, but any sim can put anything in them. I have one for my 7D Legacy that has pictures and drawings my 2nd generation heir had colored as a child. For WinterFest, he got a telescope so I have a picture of him using his telescope in his tree house.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member

If I'm not mistaken, only elders can be the owners of them and entrust someone else, but any sim can put anything in them. I have one for my 7D Legacy that has pictures and drawings my 2nd generation heir had colored as a child. For WinterFest, he got a telescope so I have a picture of him using his telescope in his tree house.

Probably any sim can add to it after an elder is associated with it. I was never able to store anything in them.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I keep childhood drawings, tooth fairy certificates, & marriage certificates from past generations. I wanted to store old family photos, but I’ve heard that it ruins the pictures so I didn’t want to risk it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,127 Member
    edited August 2023
    collectibles, crafts, paintings, magic stuff
    and those certificate random thingies

whatever it is my sims want to pass on to next generation
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

Probably any sim can add to it after an elder is associated with it. I was never able to store anything in them.

I don't have an elder in my 7D Legacy, and I was able to add to it. I couldn't dedicate it or anything but I could fill it up with pictures, drawings, etc.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 923 Member
    I store the 1st drawing that is in the child's bag.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited August 2023
    Anything I could place in the box that I wanted for the next heir to keep. Perfect harvestables, upgrade parts, and pictures. I didn't have any issues putting things in the box (0 elders) but I also didn't try to assign it to anyone.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    My sim children keeps putting away their toys in the box after playing with them, and I also found an expired plate of food once, so I decided to delete them all forever.
    It is very possible it is an old outdated mod causing these issues though.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2023
    Yes, plates also keep ending up in mine, when I tell my sims to put away food. Frustrating.

What I choose to add depends on the family. For example, one of my sims is a hero who saved Strangeville, so she keeps items related to that to talk about to her grandkids one day.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,719 Member
    Just gpt the pack so have not yet explored the boxes. Is there a limit to how many items per box?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I just discovered that if you save your house to your Library and your keepsake box is full, it will removed everything when you place it in another save. I had some issues with my 7D Legacy in my old save, and had to remake the household. I just checked to make sure everything was still in the keepsake box, and it's all gone. So make sure you take everything out of the box before saving your lot to your Library.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,506 Member
    I just discovered that if you save your house to your Library and your keepsake box is full, it will removed everything when you place it in another save. I had some issues with my 7D Legacy in my old save, and had to remake the household. I just checked to make sure everything was still in the keepsake box, and it's all gone. So make sure you take everything out of the box before saving your lot to your Library.

The same applies to storage chests as well. I always make a separate room for these items and save it to the gallery if I transfer households between saves.
  • Options

The same applies to storage chests as well. I always make a separate room for these items and save it to the gallery if I transfer households between saves.

That's good to know. I don't use storage chests too often. Usually only when I have a gardener sim or fabricator sim.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,719 Member
    Might be because important facts are no longer available when you move the box from one save to another. Names for instance, sims' ID number technically won't be there. I recall the artist/photographer name used to be removed in the past, it might be the same thing - game on ly storing tech id and not text string. Perhaps the content of a keepsake box is not very interesting when all those details are gone...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Might be because important facts are no longer available when you move the box from one save to another. Names for instance, sims' ID number technically won't be there. I recall the artist/photographer name used to be removed in the past, it might be the same thing - game on ly storing tech id and not text string. Perhaps the content of a keepsake box is not very interesting when all those details are gone...

What's weird is all of the pictures in the house were fine. They were still named what I had named them. It was just the keepsake box that was empty. I did remove the pictures from the frames that you can get in Build/Buy before saving the lot to my Library. The artist's name is gone though.