Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French world : what content do you want ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

What things from France you would like to bring in The Sims 4
(Habits/tradition, food, venues, theme, music, architecture, career, skill, hobbies, gameplay, ...).

Paris, Palace of Versailles, Mediterranean coast, ... how should the world be ?
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would like it to be like the old city in Nice.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Food, coffee/"juice", and the culture surrounding both definitely. Bastille Day should be included somehow too. Seriously, that was the only holiday my family still celebrates though they are now French Canadian lol.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2021
    Paris, Le Moulin Rouge & faire la bise! o:)

Showtime, Bands & Romance would go great with a French inspired city world.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Fried potatoes.
    Eccentric old women with too many dogs.
    Starving artists.
    A town like Mont-Saint-Michel. No one gets out at high tide... great place for a lovecraftian horror story. Beautiful when you get there, but then the tide comes in.
    8118-Mont-Saint-Michel-couleur-dautomne-%C2%A9-DaLiu-Shutterstock.com-%C2%A9-DaLiu-Shutterstock.com_.jpg
    150321213000-tide-1-mont-saint-michel.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Absinthe and garrets go great with starving artists and Paris. With typewriters! :o
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well, more than french world, a mediterranean one. But if France returns as a world like in TS3:
    • Nectar making in first place
    • Maybe a pizza oven to bake no only pizzas but different types of bread
    • A jewelry station to craft both perfumes and jewelry
    • Maybe some new harvestables herbs like BrazenLotus ones oregano, thyme and lavender
    • The fortuneteller/matchmaker from TS2 returns
    • Gabby the Mime from TS1 and mimes in the city
    • Zodiac and/or chemistry gameplay returns as BG update
  • Options
    Mak27 wrote: »

[*] Maybe some new harvestables herbs like BrazenLotus ones oregano, thyme and lavender

[/list]

This reminds me of Provence, France. Well known for lavender, olives, body care, smell goods, food, and a host of other things. Would fit in well with Cottage Living too lol.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I am more interested in French architecture and furniture. I actually built a French restaurant in del sol Valley for my famous and rich sims. It's very fancy and expensive so some build and buy objects in that style would be great. I will probably build another a restaurant in a potential French world but it will definitely be a lot less fancy and more ordinary.

I would also love nectar making. More craftables and hobbies are always great. I think there should also be a significant difference between cheap nectar and expensive nectar. A pizza oven would be great too. French fashion is also something the French is known for. It was even mentioned in the IA blog post. So a modeling skill and career would be great. It would fit well with the style influencer and fashion photographer career. And would love some outfits inspired by modern and traditional French fashion.

I'm not sure what else the French are known for but maybe this would be a great opportunity to add pottery? I would love if we could make small items like vases and big statues that could be put in art galleries and such.

And definitely would expect the pack a world like this comes in to be romance focused.

I mean wine and pottery are related to romance. We always see those scenes in movies of couples holding each other while making pottery. And also like someone mentioned, jewelry making could also be included. Couples always gift each other jewelry.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Maybe throw in a mime career.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I demand a Cheese, Garlic and Arrogance Festival.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Ok for Cheese and garlic but Arrogance ?
    I’m kinda offended.

• Options
    I don't really know much about French culture, I know a little bit of French like Bonjour and that my country Canada was founded by Frenchmen, but other than that I don't really know much, I haven't even been to Quebec once, sigh... I've always wanted to get an actual passport and visit other countries like France or Japan or even Scotland just to get in touch with my roots, part Novascotian on my dad's side.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok for Cheese and garlic but Arrogance ?
    I’m kinda offended.

You may or may not have proved their point. :D

I'm only messing. Don't mind me please.
    Oh look, what's that over there?...Anyway, I'll be off now. o:)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would like an urban neighbourhood, doesn't have to be Paris though the Eiffel tower would make a nice landmark, especially it it has a cafe or something at the top. I would like to see French bistros, empty lots for restaurants, cafes, shops. I think it would be nice to see a seamstress skill, where you get to create and sew dresses for other sims eventually graduating to couture fashion. Also, a perfume creator skill would be nice. Also, a can-can dancing skill with the option to perfom in a theater not for tips. For painter sims I think it would be nice if they could paint portraits of other sims for some money. French cuisine with the option to become a chef and cook in your own restaurant. Wine making and champagne.
  • Options
    I don't really know much about French culture, I know a little bit of French like Bonjour and that my country Canada was founded by Frenchmen, but other than that I don't really know much, I haven't even been to Quebec once, sigh... I've always wanted to get an actual passport and visit other countries like France or Japan or even Scotland just to get in touch with my roots, part Novascotian on my dad's side.

Wait does nova Scotia means new Scotland 😳

If so does that mean nova scotians are Scottish just like quebecois are French (ethnically I guess).
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Wait does nova Scotia means new Scotland 😳

If so does that mean nova scotians are Scottish just like quebecois are French (ethnically I guess).
    Yeah Nova Scotia means New Scotland in latin, Quebecois is French ethnically but their French is different than the one spoken in France.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2021
    IMG_1785C.JPG

I was thinking now After Cottage Living, I would Love a Castle Living or a Medieval Living Pack.

If Cottage Living was England inspired, This world should be French <3

After Journey to Batuu, I think Sword fighting and Archery should totally be a new skill and hobby, along with Jousting.
    Horses could be the new life State/Object. Since Gardening gets so much Love, I would like to see Mining for Ore, Gold, Silver, Precious stones, and such Crafting Bronze. Blacksmithing, Crafting Swords, Maces, Axes, Hammers, pieces of Armor sims could put on a full sit of armor, and accessories, Crowns, Jewelry, Body Adornments, perhaps, Enchantable Jewelry for Spell casters.

Ever since we got Get Together I made a Knight Club, and I really want to have a real Knights, create an Army, have castle guards and servants posted. Can't really do it with Butlers.

"Fight for Castles/Club Hangout Spot," "Fight for Leadership/Love/Honor/Glory/Country."
    Lay siege to castles, and go on epic adventures, And fight things. Especially cause I have Realm of Magic I could have Knights and Mages Defend the Castles & Kingdom Together, It could be too much fun.

Definitely after Get Famous. Having a World built on Monarchy/Aristocracy/Feudalism isn't that much of a stretch.
    Like that's what I'm trying to do with the worlds we have right now, But I would really like a world designed for this and make this world sort of like the Crown City. I know there was a Royalty mod, but I think a real pack should be in order.

Honestly I'd be happy if the World was Modern and Medieval at the same time, or just simply like it looks like a it has a lot of history, but also looks like it could progress, Like Windenburg you could pretend to be in the past, or be the present day, and has evolved so much.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see is too many building Shells, Not like City Living, in terms of castle building. I would hate to see the fortress of the castle prebuilt and having to build within the prebuilt castle. I want to have full possession of the Castle Grounds/Lot, full reign of building and creativity. I don't want to see a 64x64 lot surrounded by a shell Castle Walls & Gatehouse that I can't edit (Sort of like they did in Forgotten Hollow, where Vlad's estate is enclosed by a gate, and has a cemetery on it's property).

The castles that I've built already have all of those things all on one lot, My castles have a Garden/Orchards/Vineyards, full Courtyard, fortified Walls, posterns, Gatehouses, Training Grounds.

Would be appreciated also if we could have more floor levels. Building up too 5-7 floors would be excellent! I really want to build more of a towering castle that dominates the neighborhood's skyline.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Catacombs B)
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2021
    Catacombs!

Oops, somebody already said that. I think catacombs would be cool though, for fun roleplay stuff.

Otherwise I think of art, food, wine, fashion. Catacombs would be fun though.
  • Options
    I’m from France and I hope Bastille Day is not included. But it’s a personal opinion, It commemorate the French Revolution and that was a bloody slaughter which, again, in my opinion, should not be a cause for celebration.
    Food, coffee/"juice", and the culture surrounding both definitely. Bastille Day should be included somehow too. Seriously, that was the only holiday my family still celebrates though they are now French Canadian lol.

• Options
    I’m from France and I hope Bastille Day is not included. But it’s a personal opinion, It commemorate the French Revolution and that was a bloody slaughter which, again, in my opinion, should not be a cause for celebration.

But wasn't it a fight for freedom and for the poor against the elites? So isn't that what is being celebrated?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

But wasn't it a fight for freedom and for the poor against the elites? So isn't that what is being celebrated?

How would it be celebrated in The Sims? I don't think we will get a guilotinne nor references to actual people.
  • Options
    It’s often romanticized that way. But we’re also talking about beheading people, walking around with other people’s heads on spikes etc
    I understand fighting for freedom, of course, but in that case I think it went way too far.

crocobaura wrote: »

How would it be celebrated in The Sims? I don't think we will get a guilotinne nor references to actual people.

• Options
    It’s often romanticized that way. But we’re also talking about beheading people, walking around with other people’s heads on spikes etc
    I understand fighting for freedom, of course, but in that case I think it went way too far.

crocobaura wrote: »

Oh, it did, which is why my family fled. ;) I'm more talking about celebrating the rising up of the downtrodden, as most people do, rather than the slaughter. Which honestly, most holidays have a dark past - including slaughter, sometimes full-scale genocide (I'm looking at you, Columbus Day) but sometimes you have to find the silver lining. It's also a warning - to not forget why it happened. Keeping things in the public eye happens for reasons sometimes - and sometimes they happen because some idiot made it happen. And I was thinking holiday traditions with a Bastille Day bent, rather than an actual holiday...I think that would give the most options.

Goodness, there is so much that could be included in a French world. I would be very disappointed if nectar/winemaking wasn't included. I mean, it's the French! Cheesemaking maybe? So much gameplay is possible, and I know we're only going to get 0.001% of it. *sigh*
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No guillotine, no buy
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.