Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts about the upcoming Medieval Castle Kit 🏰

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 18
    A castle cannot be a real castle without circular staircases going up those circular turrets.
    Is someone else holding a patent on the code for them, that EA/Maxis cannot give us these? I'm beginning to wonder.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Hi @Simmingal, looking good! I would leave Vlad's place in the Forgotten Hollow brick etc. to stay to to origins except maybe that sweet new gate, he needs that...then use the kit to add the finishing touches to your castle and cathedral. Happy simming! πŸ˜πŸ¦ΉπŸ¦‡

Funnily Vlad doesn't actually live there
    I moved him to smaller house I built on Widowshild lot
    biggest lot was for legacy family I no longer have cause I deleted them for causing too many plotholes :lol:
    I have my whole forgotten hollow in this style so I don't really want to change big things anyway
    pQdWIEu.png
    but yeah maybe the door and gargoyles or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I’m looking forward to this kit and the goth kit. I like the idea of kits addressing interests other than the typical cutting edge clothing trend or clutter kits we usually get. I don’t build, but I’ll be scouring the gallery for talented builders with nice castles. I appreciate all of you fantastic builders. I’m already clearing a place on the Windenburg Island to place a haunted castle. Neighborhood Stories moved most of the residents out, so I already have a haunted lighthouse and Grim’s home there. By the time I’m finished, the only living residents will be the Villareals! Which seems fitting, somehow.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I castle cannot be a real castle without circular staircases going up those circular turrets.
    Is someone else holding a patent on the code for them, that EA/Maxis cannot give us these? I'm beginning to wonder.

A castle would be a perfect opportunity for circular staircases. I would be thrilled to get them but I would also be surprised if a kit is important enough for EA to patch in winding stairs.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    Atreya33 wrote: Β»
    I castle cannot be a real castle without circular staircases going up those circular turrets.

A castle would be a perfect opportunity for circular staircases. I would be thrilled to get them but I would also be surprised if a kit is important enough for EA to patch in winding stairs.

That's the only thing I remember from trying to get up some of them, on the wider side of the winding stairs in the turrets I've visited. Not a castle for me without them as they helped with the security of a castle. It was very difficult to fight the defenders if coming up one!

Fact: "the majority of those that did include these towers featured staircases that ascended in a clockwise direction - and this was not done by chance. A clockwise spiraling staircase was used to inhibit an attacker's ability to launch an effective assault."
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

It seems they fixed some of the railings -
    2c9dd5a208c74f0dff14355e0ee156c8083ee915.pnj

and others not -.-
    4aa7eb53be74635840bfd1a8eba4f425c1827ce8.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Am I the only one who's never experienced stair railings running up the middle of stairs that are more than one tile wide? I honestly didn't even know this was a glitch. I have lots of stairs in my builds that are two or three tiles wide and none of the railings are going up the middle of them (railings on both sides of each tile width).... so I'm surprised to see that this has been an issue for some people?

You are not the only person. I too did not know this was "thing". I always create at least 2-Tile wide stairs in any building I ever create because I don't like traffic jams on the stairs.

Now I have been irritated by stair rails sticking out of the wall if the stairs were up against a wall, but never had stair rails in the center of stairs.

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Time design churches.lol
  • Options
    edited January 16
    spiral stairs would be cool but I don't think those are coming this season as there was no " big update" listed just sdx which seemed to do with cas rather than b/b

I wish if we get spiral stairs we could have few different sizes so there was the classic 4 tiles one and then one that aligns with round rooms of different sizes

but thats probably too optimistic
    ...oh and even the wall heights :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Ok, so the kit is 5 doors/doorways, and 7 windows. It's a doors and windows kit.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Ah I wish there was also an arc with the bars down.
    sims-4-castle-estate-build-kit-objects-1536x862.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Ah I wish there was also an arc with the bars down.
    sims-4-castle-estate-build-kit-objects-1536x862.jpg

yeah it would seem strange to keep those bars up when your castle is being attacked
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Now I really really want a full Medieval Gameplay Pack. But this kit will do for now.
  • Options
    If they were really generous they could have made a portcullis with drawbridge that went up and down but nevermind, I expect another Sims game will get it right - eventually. o:)