Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts about the upcoming Medieval Castle Kit 🏰

Comments

• Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I don’t really get how it’s going to be a kit, nor do I care about having a medieval themed pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Okay... back to scavenging from Get Together for the interior furniture... Sigh. Though I'm not actually surprised.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Is it possible to be impressed and unimpressed simultaneously?

mediocerlypressed? :joy:

part of me is very excited but other part of me is already frustrated by my own nonexistent castle building skillz and upcoming trillion years of castle building

I don't know if this kit will be enough help with that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

part of me is very excited but other part of me is already frustrated by my own nonexistent castle building skillz and upcoming trillion years of castle building

Good thing I have a vampires gamepack
  • Options
    Maybe will get medieval build buy kit latter thus year?^^
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's cute, actually
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Enlarged the pics.

piACQl5.png

6yG5ree.png
  • Options
    edited January 9
    Simmingal wrote: »

Good thing I have a vampires gamepack

The issue is that I want all worlds to feel unique / have their own theme

so I don't want to be building Vlad mansions outside Forgotten Hollow even if I love them :sweat_smile:

= avoid using vampires pack

I think this kit will only be used in Windenburg island as well as I have dedicated that as spot for everything medieval
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

It looks lovely, love especially the dark version. It looks so fitting for the Goths too. :)
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I have to say I really like the look of this kit! That large view of the castle reminds me of Windsor Castle (with added moat).

My building skills are non-existent so I’d be totally reliant on others to build fantastic castles and put them on the gallery for me to use :)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 9
    By the looks of it I'm rebuilding Windenburg Cathedral again :D I think this will be my third or fourth version...

Now make me an "Off the grid" kit with practical things to use with it, lights, lights, some more lights, a more medieval looking stove, things like sinks and tubs that are filled with a pitcher, medieval toilet, functional broom...
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    By the looks of it I'm rebuilding Windenburg Cathedral again :D I think this will be my third or fourth version...

Now make me an "Off the grid" kit with practical things to use with it, lights, lights, some more lights, a more medieval looking stove, things like sinks and tubs that are filled with a pitcher, medieval toilet, functional broom...

Yes,this would be perfect for an old school church.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Dumb question from someone who is emphatically NOT a good builder - are those extremely pointy conical roofs already possible or is that something new?
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited January 9
    @Simpatsyann We can already build these roofs 🏰
    c30018b3bc88aae998e0427fd805e3d3504db824.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @Simpatsyann We can already build these roofs 🏰

Thanks! I'm sure I've seen them but I was blanking and am at work, heh.

• Options
    most excited about battlements and doors
    might have to rebuild my medieval castle once more
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm not really excited about a castles kit but I will download it anyway.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I was hoping there’d at least be some furniture, but it sounds like it’s heavily build focused.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    It sounds good if the hotel & resort EP comes
    I want to build a castle style hotel
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited January 10
    I’m a medieval castle enthusiast - this is 100% my kinda content. While I would have been quite pleased with some additional interior deco and furniture, I never expected that to come with this particular kit. It’s just not how they “advertised” it.

Of course I want more specific interior BB, but I’ll be able to use whatever there’s available at the moment, I can’t complain in all fairness, I do however believe that the exteriors of my 43 WIP castles are in need of some serious medieval love, and this kit might just do the trick. The portcullis, the battlements and the freezes look fantastic in my opinion, I would have liked items to build a non- functional OR functional draw bridge with, like a windlass and chains and ropes - although I can’t see any of that in the so-called leak. I’m sure I’ll live.

As for medieval style gameplay…well, being the optimistic kind of guy I am, I haven’t lost hope yet for that “renaissance fair” pack. Like others mentioned, certain themes have been spread out across kits and EPs before, it’s nothing new. In whichever shape or form such a pack decides to arrive - if it ever does - I do want it to be exceptional, sans foolish rabbit holes / keep yer phones at home or I’ll feed it AND you to the pit beast sorta thing. I haven’t been too impressed with some of the more recent EPs and this time around they will have to offer a lot more interesting gameplay in order to draw me in.
    A medieval estate kit is unfortunately not something I can easily ignore. 🏰
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited January 10
    Enlarged the pics.

piACQl5.png

6yG5ree.png

These screenshots look great. I can't wait to get to build with the castle kit. :) 🏰
    I hope these builds will be shared on the gallery.

Looks like we will be only getting build stuff but that was to be expected. The Moroccan build kit also was mainly focused on build mode. Furniture from get together, cottage living and even some worn pieces from horse ranch will make for fitting interiors. And let's not forget the large cauldron from realm to magic. Perfect for a medieval kitchen. ;)
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Rumor has it: New kits to be released on January 18th.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I really dig the look of this kit. It's pretty much exactly what I expected and wanted out of the kit, and I think it has a lot of potential for me. Some of the windows and build elements will work for an old gothic school I'm building in San Myshuno, if I can get it finished lol.