Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Predictions for 2024

Comments

• Options
    SimmerespSimmeresp Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all, this is my first message in this site and I want to apologize because my English is not the best. I have been thinking about how can be the year and the sims 4 and these are my thoughts:

Jan- March:

SP - jewellery pack: they have a team in Europe and I think they can deliver two accessories packs per year. There are some rumours about jewellery and make totally sense. I think it will be a concept similar to nifty knitting but with jewellery and maybe they add some new gameplay regarding astrology. Would be great if the bring jewellery with stones and zodiac signs!

2 Kits (we already know them: medieval castles and goth fashion)

April- June

GP - Fairies: even if I am not a fan of occult packs, there are very well done, popular and people is asking for fairies, so I think spring season is perfect time to deliver it. This would come with la fantasy small world.

4 Kits: seems that built kits are more popular than CAS kits, so I think they will make 3 built and 1 CAS, probably for babies. About the built kits I would love to have clutter for the kitchen, dream dressing room and Greek built items.

July- September

EP - Fashion pack. I can see an expansion pack which based on fashion live. I think EA is very lazy and they are just giving as packs with features they have already developed (for rent is coming with apartments they already had in city living; home dream decorator is just the built mode…) so I think they will sell us the CAS with a expansion pack, it will came with a lot of clothing, also some that you need to unblock, a new world based in Paris and a couple of new active careers like modelling, fashion designer o stylists. I imagine the work with a fashion and modern district, a classic Parissian neighbourhood and some French suburbs village style (or montmatre neighbourhood)

2 Kits: summer would be a perfect time for a swimminpool stuff kit. Also for a CAS kit for night at the beach.

October - December

SP- Dead pack: I think they will do something about dead in October. I could come with a couple of new deads, cementerios, funerals or even día de muertos concept.

EP - Hotels: everybody wants this pack and after for rent I think it is possible. I think this could come with a south American world. A city like Rio de Janeiro with a neighbourhood at the beach, a colonial old town and a mature and eco area for hotels.

2 Kits: one CAS kit with pijamas and clothes for sleep and one built kit with a new style, probably for living rooms.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simmeresp wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first message in this site and I want to apologize because my English is not the best. I have been thinking about how can be the year and the sims 4 and these are my thoughts:

Jan- March:

SP - jewellery pack: they have a team in Europe and I think they can deliver two accessories packs per year. There are some rumours about jewellery and make totally sense. I think it will be a concept similar to nifty knitting but with jewellery and maybe they add some new gameplay regarding astrology. Would be great if the bring jewellery with stones and zodiac signs!

2 Kits (we already know them: medieval castles and goth fashion)

April- June

GP - Fairies: even if I am not a fan of occult packs, there are very well done, popular and people is asking for fairies, so I think spring season is perfect time to deliver it. This would come with la fantasy small world.

4 Kits: seems that built kits are more popular than CAS kits, so I think they will make 3 built and 1 CAS, probably for babies. About the built kits I would love to have clutter for the kitchen, dream dressing room and Greek built items.

July- September

EP - Fashion pack. I can see an expansion pack which based on fashion live. I think EA is very lazy and they are just giving as packs with features they have already developed (for rent is coming with apartments they already had in city living; home dream decorator is just the built mode…) so I think they will sell us the CAS with a expansion pack, it will came with a lot of clothing, also some that you need to unblock, a new world based in Paris and a couple of new active careers like modelling, fashion designer o stylists. I imagine the work with a fashion and modern district, a classic Parissian neighbourhood and some French suburbs village style (or montmatre neighbourhood)

2 Kits: summer would be a perfect time for a swimminpool stuff kit. Also for a CAS kit for night at the beach.

October - December

SP- Dead pack: I think they will do something about dead in October. I could come with a couple of new deads, cementerios, funerals or even día de muertos concept.

EP - Hotels: everybody wants this pack and after for rent I think it is possible. I think this could come with a south American world. A city like Rio de Janeiro with a neighbourhood at the beach, a colonial old town and a mature and eco area for hotels.

2 Kits: one CAS kit with pijamas and clothes for sleep and one built kit with a new style, probably for living rooms.

Pools need to be atleast in a Stuffpack. The two new kits are releasing Next Week.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    They leaned really heavily into realism play this year with 3 EPs and no GPs. I feel that GPs have spent this year in development, so I’m hoping that means several releases and at least one occult.

So, dropping back to fewer EPs and more GPs, I’ll predict these possibilities:

1-2 EPs
    Travel EP with hotels, resorts, and possibly exotic vacation destinations.

Fantasy/ historical worlds? Since they offered a castle and futuristic kit choice, I’m wondering if they might have bigger plans here.

2-3 GPs.
    Occult GP. Probably fairies, maybe with some other enchanted creatures like unicorns and dragons, and hopefully an enchanted forest world.

Music/entertainer EP that includes bands with cross playability with Get Famous.

Stuff packs
    Hobbies with crafting, playable objects, which may include cars.

If Fairies comes out this year, I wouldn’t count on a Grim Reaper centered pack. Two occult type packs a year isn’t typical. The Sims tries to keep things light and positive, so I’m not sure how they would lean into a pack that focuses on death. But, maybe a stuff pack centered around celebrations of life/death such as Dia de los Muertos, with a Grim Reaper career option would be possible and still in keeping with the tone of the game.

Kits

Probably the usual 4 a year. We know the Castle Kit and Goth Kit are coming. I’d like to see a jewelry kit, at least.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited January 11
    cyncie wrote: »
    They leaned really heavily into realism play this year with 3 EPs and no GPs. I feel that GPs have spent this year in development, so I’m hoping that means several releases and at least one occult.

1-2 EPs

Fantasy/ historical worlds? Since they offered a castle and futuristic kit choice, I’m wondering if they might have bigger plans here.

2-3 GPs.
    Occult GP. Probably fairies, maybe with some other enchanted creatures like unicorns and dragons, and hopefully an enchanted forest world.

Music/entertainer EP that includes bands with cross playability with Get Famous.

Stuff packs

If Fairies comes out this year, I wouldn’t count on a Grim Reaper centered pack. Two occult type packs a year isn’t typical. The Sims tries to keep things light and positive, so I’m not sure how they would lean into a pack that focuses on death. But, maybe a stuff pack centered around celebrations of life/death such as Dia de los Muertos, with a Grim Reaper career option would be possible and still in keeping with the tone of the game.

Kits

Probably the usual 4 a year. We know the Castle Kit and Goth Kit are coming. I’d like to see a jewelry kit, at least.

4 kits a year? Looks like we will be getting 4 just within the 4 first months according to the road map. I think we got more than 4 last year. Edit : we got a whopping 8 kits last year, the sims team sure likes to pump out kits. No less than 25 kits in 3 years :o

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/1012542/new-2024-roadmap-revealed#latest
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

1-2 EPs

2-3 GPs.

Stuff packs

Kits

Jewelry is coming in the upcoming Stuffpack. It was shown on the roadmap.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member

1-2 EPs

2-3 GPs.

Stuff packs

Kits

Jewelry is coming in the upcoming Stuffpack. It was shown on the roadmap.

That’s cool. I was thinking more of a CAS kit. I really want more jewelry, especially for male sims.
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 22
    I'm expecting just one EP this year and i don't think we are getting Hotels right after For Rent. Given that they're appearently listening to the fandom lately maybe we're getting a musical pack next, and Goth Galore Kit was a hint about it?

I was also hoping for fairies pack this year but since they didn't lauched any GP since Werewolves, and occult gamepacks comes 3 packs after the previous ones i'm also not confident about it. So maybe a vacation GP like Egyptian/Death, French/Romance/Royalty or Greek?
    Post edited by Thornwillow on
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    I'm expecting just one EP this year and i don't think we are getting Hotels right after For Rent. Given that they're appearently listening to the fandom lately maybe we're getting a musical pack next, and Goth Galore Kit was a hint about it?

I was also hoping for fairies pack this year but since they didn't lauched any GP since Werewolves, and occult gamepacks comes 3 packs after the previous ones i'm also not confident about it. So maybe a vacation GP like Egyptian/Death or French/Romance/Royal?
    Egyptian/Death is going to be another Occult GP simply because of Mummies.
  • Options
    @Occultmaster As a fantasy themed pack that's true, but i think that they'll make it like the Skeletons in Jungle Adventures, giving more world centered gameplay instead of occult gameplay. Well, i just hope they're more customizable than Skeletons.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited February 18
    Well with the new VP/GM of The Sims franchise since September 2023, it could be the end of the kits and the return of the Stuff Packs with gameplay.

But without Behind The Sims, I don't know what are Maxis plans for the next 3 or 4 years.
    In particular about GP and EP, Game Packs seem to be temporarily suspended.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I would like a bands pack, mainly because more instruments would be fun. A few more singing options would be nice too, ie opera and "medieval chants". And ballett dancing. Basically I'd love my sims to have individual musical interests, but also some that woyuld work well on a large and formal stage. Would be fun setting the backdrop for a show, but I would do fine even without the full band complexity. One sim accompegnate(?) on piano weould be nice though. TS2 bandds were cool, but I'd be willing to imagine the gigg organization, as long as they could match when performing the same song.

This could easily fit with a hobby pack.

However, with the new forum I think TS5 will get announced this year, second half. And with no more kits(?), I assume they might stop the EPs as well, maybe focusing on stuff packs or gamepacks only, for TS4. EA needs to move more resources over to the new series, but I treally hope they will keep giving TS4 some love for years to come. And I'm fine with smaller packs, ecven if not all goes that well with my style I'd still add new stuff.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    Well with the new VP/GM of The Sims franchise since September 2023, it could be the end of the kits and the return of the Stuff Packs with gameplay.

But without Behind The Sims, I don't know what are Maxis plans for the next 3 or 4 years.

I would be genuinely surprised if kits went away. I think the team will continue producing all 4 pack types. I'm definitely hoping to see more stuff packs and less kits though. Guess time will tell...
  • Options
    I would like a bands pack, mainly because more instruments would be fun. A few more singing options would be nice too, ie opera and "medieval chants". And ballett dancing. Basically I'd love my sims to have individual musical interests, but also some that woyuld work well on a large and formal stage. Would be fun setting the backdrop for a show, but I would do fine even without the full band complexity. One sim accompegnate(?) on piano weould be nice though. TS2 bandds were cool, but I'd be willing to imagine the gigg organization, as long as they could match when performing the same song.

This could easily fit with a hobby pack.

However, with the new forum I think TS5 will get announced this year, second half. And with no more kits(?), I assume they might stop the EPs as well, maybe focusing on stuff packs or gamepacks only, for TS4. EA needs to move more resources over to the new series, but I treally hope they will keep giving TS4 some love for years to come. And I'm fine with smaller packs, ecven if not all goes that well with my style I'd still add new stuff.

I like you idea for a bands/music pack. I really want a stage item that I can place in bars and other community lots that I can click on and hire a band. Maybe it can be like the DJ where you can pay more for a better quality band. I want to be able to have live music at my venues.

I'm not ready to let go of the sims 4. They said they plan to produce content for sims 4 even after the next generation is released. I hope they do.
  • Options
    2024 is the perfect year to release packs for Occult Simmers, I mean it's already unfair that we have to wait every 4 years just to have packs dedicated to our playstyle while every other simmer gets what they want immediately, there seems to be a pattern,
  • Options
    2024 is the perfect year to release packs for Occult Simmers, I mean it's already unfair that we have to wait every 4 years just to have packs dedicated to our playstyle while every other simmer gets what they want immediately, there seems to be a pattern,

Werewolves came out less than 2 years ago, there are more play styles than occult or not occult.
    I think it is pretty likely that we will see a fairies pack this year. I'm also still hoping for some sort of Medieval ren faire situation with dragons. Hopefully occult players don't suffer a 4 year drought.
  • Options
    edited February 18
    MomsBusy wrote: »

Werewolves came out less than 2 years ago, there are more play styles than occult or not occult.

I know there's plenty of playstyles, you have legacy/family ones, murdery ones like Jim Pickens, Builders, CAS-aholics, causal ones, NSFW ones, realism ones (ghosts count as realism, they exist IRL, there's photographic and video evidence, even if you deny it, same goes with Bigfoot), Occult ones, lore friendly ones (Grim has a son and the Caliente sisters are 3/4 aliens) and modders with their creepy Alpha CC, I think I covered most of them.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    While my opinion isn't the only one that matters, I think they should put out another supernatural pack. I'd be more interested in fairies (especially for the world) than zombies, personally. They should fix the For Rent save issue and hopefully come out with some generally appealing ideas like bands or medieval times or travel/hotels.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »

I know there's plenty of playstyles, you have legacy/family ones, murdery ones like Jim Pickens, Builders, CAS-aholics, causal ones, NSFW ones, realism ones (ghosts count as realism, they exist IRL, there's photographic and video evidence, even if you deny it, same goes with Bigfoot), Occult ones, lore friendly ones (Grim has a son and the Caliente sisters are 3/4 aliens) and modders with their creepy Alpha CC, I think I covered most of them.

That's a nice list. The tricky part of the list is all the possible combinations. I prefer occult families or occult challenges (challenges played with occult sims but the goal of the challenge doesn't have to be occult themed)

I would be surprised if kits were abandoned. From the EA point of view they are very profitable. Easy to make with little to no complaints about bugs because they only contain looks, no gameplay (except for one failed trial at the start) To my disgrace I have to admit I bought some as well. I know they only add a few pretty things to the game and nothing substantial but some of them look really nice.

It does seem like producing all 4 types of DLC is not possible. First stuff pack were on a hiatus and now we have stuff packs again with game packs missing in action. I really hope game packs make a return because they are our best chance at getting decent fairies or genies.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    My guesses for 2024:

Base game update:
    - Eyelashes
    - Cars / vehicles

EP:
    - Hotel
    - Music / bands

GP:
    - Fairies
    - Zombies
    - Death / Grim Reaper related
    - Dragons

SP:
    - Infants stuffs

Kits:
    - Jewelry
  • Options

Looks like this latest stuff pack is going to have a witchy/magic/summoner vibe
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited February 22
    If I was Maxis I would keep Grim Reaper DLC for the 25th anniversary.

Grim Reaper is a character who play a big role in The Sims franchise, it would be a good way to celebrate this event.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I didn't know the 1st Sims Game came out in 1999 & not in 2000. Wow 25 years, very cool. B)
    Anyways my predictions for 2024 on the 25th Anniversary, hopefully will be the following:
    100% Complete Fixes on All Sims 4 Packs
    Free SDX Base Heartshape Bed & Spiral Stairs
    Fairies Gameplay Pack
    Medieval Gameplay Pack
    Rock Band Stuff Pack
    Bongo Drums & Harps Kit
    Lunar Moon Outfits Kit

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd love to see a singer EP (including new venues to perform at, new instruments to play, new pool features, fancy CAS items, a new fanclub system and a big world with 64x64 or 50x50 lots to build big mansions at).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    I guess we can have Bands EP this year, and IF we get a second EP maybe it could be the "Death" pack or a Royalty one. Like, there's nothing we don't have in the game that can't be used for these packs, so they'd be more easy to deal with after big things like infants, horses and residential rentals.

For GPs i guess we'll have a new outdoor adventures pack (Greek world?) since we didn't get one for a long time and a family pack like "Elders".

And for SPs i don't have any idea. Like... i'd never imagine something like Crystal Creations. But someway i think they're trying to fix older packs with them.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017