Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Trevelyan family in Laguna Coast

A thread for my generational gameplay in the custom world Laguna Coast. Not a story, more of a personal "what's been happening in my game" thread.

I started playing in an empty version of the custom world Laguna Coast. I wanted to build a town that would resemble Bridgeport...

amccCkP.jpg

... but I wanted several lots where sims would hang out in the street, because I don't like that there is no life in the streets of Bridgeport. It worked, because townies love Visitors Allowed lots with several rabbitholes on them.

uSFgqzf.jpg

My household started with Jess and Alec Trevelyan. Alec was a modified version of a sim from Barnacle Bay, and Jess was a sim I made.

CxxxBPO.jpg

Jess and Alec's first two children were sons, Peter and Nicholas. Later they also had a daughter, Audrey.

lPL45As.jpg

This is my first save using the Random Genetics mod, so I'm very focused on comparing children's genetics to their parents. For comparison, Alec and Jess:

elfVRf6.jpg

Peter as a YA:

wkC7pQR.jpg

Teen Nicholas with toddler Audrey:

gdTU1iC.jpg

And Audrey as a YA:

wqNPPnl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    At present, Audrey is the current heiress. She is a mature adult, works as a self-employed alchemist, and has a teen daughter and a toddler son. But she only just got married to Roderick, who is the father of her daughter but not her son. The love situation was a little messy, but they sorted it out!

They got engaged in a very non-glamourous way, in their pajamas in the kitchen.

LXy91DQ.jpg

But they did have a nice wedding party at the beach, with their daughter as bridesmaid and Audrey's older brothers and their families as guests.

Vei0DzV.jpg

HVrx6ma.jpg

AHFSYzM.jpg

ggyUiJe.jpg

I don't know why Audrey is holding her hands to her head like this, but I thought it was cute!
    em4fosB.jpg
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @PalmArrow: Great pictures. I love Audrey's hair. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
  • Options
    miccenixmiccenix Posts: 4 New Member
    A beautiful setting for a wedding. <3
  • Options
  • Options
    After the wedding, while the family was sleeping, I thought about finding a boyfriend for Audrey's teenage daughter Janella.
    Janella has met three boys at school so far. I opened them in Stylist to get a better look at them. I decided the third one was the most handsome. His name is Ron Roberts.

847F4LP.jpgNkActVc.jpgW0a95Zl.jpg

The next day was Sunday, the first day of autumn. The family (except for Mark, the toddler) had breakfast together.

JEpehsn.jpg

Then they visited the library together. Audrey's husband Roderick is a politician, so it is very important to him to befriend as many sims as he can. He introduced himself to all the townies in the library.

2V8NHJ1.jpg

Janella spent the day reading skill books.

BUhnR8H.jpg

Audrey read some toddler books with Mark.

rzvBZ9I.jpg

In the evening Janella called Ron Roberts and invited him out. He accepted.

APx0J1d.jpg

It wasn't a date - they just chatted and got to know each other better.

n1Ps9wE.jpg

kQMKUcc.jpg
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    Beautiful world and nice pictures. Love the many details of you town.

Nice mention of Random Genetics mod, just downloaded it (not easy to find :o ), looking forward to see the result at some point, when I get a new baby somewhere in town.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    @Tamijo , thank you! The Random Genetics mod is awesome, I wish that was how genetics worked in the game itself.
  • Options
    Monday, the second day of autumn. Audrey wakes up early and researches alchemy for a while, and then creates a Bliss potion.

4krU96G.jpg

When her daughter Janella wakes up and comes downstairs, Audrey throws the Bliss potion at her.

ctfb4UV.jpg

Janella is surprised, but the feeling is very pleasant.

lxOQB5M.jpg

When the school bus picks her up she is in a very good mood.

SmJzRRo.jpg

The Autumn festival has arrived and the stalls are being put up.

cQ19S9E.jpg

When the festival food merchants arrive to work, they both get surprise plastic surgery. Since they are newly arrived residents who will eventually marry and have children, I don't want them to be zero-slider sims.

OWRu4ig.jpg

3xrJ2TX.jpg
  • Options

You are indeed very good at plastic surgery ;)
    The boys hair :p like a Greek statue
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    Than you, Tamijo! That hair reminds me of a Greek statue too! :smiley:
  • Options
    Audrey uses another Bliss potion on her husband Roderick.

1y48yxR.jpg

Feeling content, he goes to read a book about politics. As a newlywed, he has two days off from his political job. This book will help him get promoted more quickly when he returns to work.

XrrKUeB.jpg

Meanwhile, Audrey teaches Mark to walk.

ZNk5xDY.jpg

By the end of the day, Roderick has read his book and Mark has learned to walk. He already knows how to use the potty chair, so the only skill left to learn is talking.

fkfOHCg.jpg

While the sims were doing this, I went to take a look at the family resort. The first generation (Audrey's parents) spent all their savings on buying an empty lot and building a simple resort, and it's been upgraded and decorated whenever there was enough money. Now everything was upgraded and no amenities were missing, but the resort was stuck on four stars. I decided to take a look at the reviews.

duiK1AP.png

The first two reviewers were not very helpful, because they were full of praise but still gave only four starts. But the third reviewer had a complaint about hygiene.
    I went to take a look. Even though I had the best maintenance staff hired, it seems they were not doing their job properly. I found a big puddle in the hallway from a broken shower, and a dirty toilet in one of the VIP suites.

7id4HyJ.jpg

I fired the staff and hired new ones, and then added some more decorations just in case. Let us hope this is enough!

Janella came home from work, and the first thing she did was to send a friendly text to Ron. Then she did her homework.

eR8m8u6.jpg
  • Options
    jolly1995jolly1995 Posts: 27 Member
    I like this story. Such a beautiful wedding.
  • Options
    I do not own Island Paradise - but like the idea of running your own resort.
  • Options
    @jolly1995 , thank you!

@Tamijo , I love all Island Paradise content, but resorts are the feature I've used the most because they can be easily used in all worlds, and they are challenging and satisfying to play with!
  • Options
    Another day goes by pretty quietly. Janella goes to school in a good mood. It doesn't bother her that her umbrella is falling apart. (It bothers me, though! I must get her a new one.)

RuHmiQB.jpg

Her parents are in the study. Audrey is researching alchemy and has just learned how to make Vampire Sunscreen. Roderick is chatting with someone.

ZwWLSrp.jpg

Meanwhile, little Mark is playing with Pall, a doll he received in the mail from a distant uncle.

tqclHva.jpg

Roderick checks the status of the family resort, Waterfall Vista. It is rated four and a half stars now.

gIzDPNo.jpg

Audrey needs more alchemy ingredients. Roderick volunteers to get them for her, because he is a politician and needs to go out and meet people.

The consignment and alchemy stores are on the other side of the town, near the docks.

JyU4mOU.jpg

Roderick buys some herbs, mushrooms and ready-made potions. Then he chats a while with the merchants and townies.

kDdaImg.jpg

WpcYMZ1.jpg
  • Options
    Great update
    Making good money on Waterfall Vista now.
    Ya, time to scrap the umbrella and buy a new for his daughter, while he is out shopping.
  • Options
    Overnight, while the household was sleeping, several sims in town aged up. One of them was Pamela, a niece/cousin to my active family, who has the founder's distinctive blue highlights, just like Audrey and Mark. I think she is a lovely teen.

3UDimoH.jpg

Janella's friend Ron, whom I want to eventually become her love interest, aged up to YA. Janella will be a teen for five more days, so I have to take care that Ron doesn't start a relationship with someone else!

kxEhyto.jpg
  • Options
    Very nice sims. I love both.
  • Options
  • Options
    Today is Mark's birthday, and Audrey has invited family and friends to visit in the afternoon. Right now Janella is in school, Roderick is at work in the city hall, and Audrey is racing against time to teach Mark to talk. It's the last toddler skill he is missing.

87Ifh5Y.jpg

Meanwhile the birthday cake has been delivered, the living room has been decorated and a spare table and chairs have been brought out for the guests.

R5qY9Mv.jpg

Roderick's workday is over. He autonomously decides to ride his bike home instead of using the car pool. I don't know which political party he belongs to, but he is a man of the people!

490qUxE.jpg

Mark's talking lesson is finished in the nick of time, and he toddles off to use the potty chair just as the first guest enters the house. That's Louie Trevelyan, one of Mark's cousins.

NjW8TZN.jpg

The guest with the ponytail holding a plate of cookies is Nathaniel Person, Mark's bio dad. Just one day after Audrey got pregnant with his child Nathaniel got engaged to another woman, LaShawn (the lady in the doorway in this picture) whom he married a day later - but still had the nerve to be angry at Audrey when she then returned to her first partner, Roderick. But the drama is all smoothed over now, and it is only natural Nathaniel should be invited to his son's birthday.

hs5CnDC.jpg

Audrey lifts Mark up to blow out the candles.

WDSgb6b.jpg

Ron Roberts - Janella's former teenage friend who has aged up before her - has left the crowd around the birthday boy and is sitting in a corner by himself. Maybe he doesn't like parties? Or is it the awkwardness of the fact that his friend is still a teen and he isn't?

L4VOM8r.jpg

Placed on the floor, Mark twirls around...

Ax3Wxz1.jpg

... and suddenly he's a cute, cross-eyed boy!

O5ipswD.jpg
  • Options
    Great update, for me some nice details about the family background. Congratz to Mark.
  • Options
    As it always happens when Sims celebrate their birthdays, they all go for the cake at once and there is a bit of angry feet-stomping until everyone can get a slice. Luckily, the birthday boy got his piece.

J5AgDIY.jpg

Ron Roberts is among the first to leave. He enjoyed the party after all. I'm just sorry Janella didn't get the chance to chat to him.

1e3m66p.jpg

Mark sits down for a chat with his bio dad.

a8IEhAU.jpg

It's possible that stepdad Roderick is a little bit jealous, because he decides to join them at the table.

fQfE59k.jpg

Nothing dramatic happens. Nathaniel is the last to leave the party, and he enjoyed it.

w1F2YS0.jpg

It is quite late and Mark can't wait to go to sleep in the new bedroom they prepared for him. But his alchemist mum has another birthday surprise: she throws a Potion of Bliss at him, to ensure that he goes to sleep happy.

lVwpItG.jpg

She then goes upstairs, because she is very tired too. But there is one more surprise in store for Mark, one his parents know nothing about!
    What is this? It looks like Mark's doll Pal - but it is moving? And growing?

R1AxJFQ.jpg

Mark's stepdad is nearby, washing dishes in the kitchen, but he doesn't seem to notice anything.

jfarxSh.jpg

Pal is child-size now, as tall as Mark, and he can not only move but also talk! He and Mark start chatting about music, and Mark feels like he has known him his whole life - because, of course, he literally has. He had the doll since he was a baby.

0Gr2bgA.jpg

But as Roderick wishes Mark a good night, he can only see Mark standing there by himself.

jLp2sWn.jpg

Mark takes the top bunk in his new bunk bed, and wonders if Pal will take the bottom one.

4oGLOIV.jpg

But Pal just sits on the floor and turns into a doll again. Mark falls into a confused sleep, wondering if he only imagined all of this.

R8MITCN.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lovely plot with the imaginary. :)
    Most would be a little bit jealous, good it turned out right.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Tamijo ! I have no idea yet what the imaginary friend's traits are going to be, and I'm just going to roll with whatever happens!