Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Edition 2023] What kind of occult do you want next ?

[Edition 2023] What kind of occult do you want next ? 222 votes

Zombies / Mummies
4%
LeGardePourpreIcewolfalexspoom13robyngravesbarracuda1574Bren91WildIrishBansheemasatsimSkyrryxThirteenCatz2 10 votes
Genies
4%
auroraael14freindlylolSavorySageSimplyJenEmmaVaneWispyeZazzyKittynplumboy23Alma20006 9 votes
Imaginary Friends
3%
elelunicyrjssimsuperkyle221RavenSpitSimDork23CharSimssinisterlemons 7 votes
Fairies
46%
CK213rudy8292JadeleineKita5399Cabelle1863jeLlyBeAn1573Monet11MsMayPlayerSinger2010miklcIsb917SimburianULIBABA66JokubasNyxLunaStarheiblumemaggiemae8135AnmirlaSerraNolwensimgirl1010 103 votes
Updated Ghosts / Plantsims
11%
OolonglongIObellemlmeadowsSakuske1sorokonozhkaQueenMercyLoanetPurple-InkBooDaBoo5AugustolazyjuniperAtreya33KestrelDCoph3liaNushkaEternalSunshinemightyspriteHavenRoseDramaticJedi5Thornwillow 25 votes
[NEW] Mutants / Sims with superpowers
7%
Khrisstynepainted_dreams87Dr. BorpoJackOnYourBackChadSims2KrayzieStrykerEnkiSchmidtCeridwenSnaveXsLiELFcomicsforlifephunktasticjoe89TTNsimmerRememberJoynetney52cornellneil 16 votes
[NEW] Cyborgs / Sims with cybernetic implants
2%
GracieO312StarfreeAuronoiChieftainSimDestroyerMondayKatofhyrule12 6 votes
[NEW] Elves / Dwarves
3%
christyb2852LindaD2015BeeBellsSugarRoseKathMHughesCelticlassHillOfTaraLoLyChupa 8 votes
[NEW] Angels / Demons / Nephalems
4%
Korglydavina1221TLM08GrumpyGlowfishsimms745RouensimsVixenoireZerelthOccultmaster 9 votes
Pets : Dragons / Unicorns
13%
crocobauraBluegayleMichelleWSimmervillemcruddMariefoxprice83BariSaxyashcrash19taydevmmb_abrLaruhellgoldann25ImSandsSheriSim57SheepilingFreezerBunnyCowplantSAEldarinSimskristaElivenyaLady_Ballora 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Fairies
    Without a doubt faeries, and with all the hints I've seen/been reading far too into we might be getting them pretttyyy soon. Imaginary friends would be a wonderful addition and if Sims 4 doesn't eventually get dragons I don't know how this forum is going to react. I personally will be disappointed. Dragons!!!

Updated plant sims and ghost sims would be great but I don't think it should count for the one occult pack we get every blue moon. And even then I'd want ghost babies like in sims 3. Zombies/Mummies would be interesting, I'd like to see how they'd be established, and unicorns could fit into a medieval or faeries pack which I would love anyway. Genies never caught my interest in sims 3.

All the categories marked [NEW] I don't see us ever getting but an occult is an occult and anything will be appreciated by me. Elves/dwarves could be added with faeries but idk.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Fairies
    I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't get any more occults. There are other features I'd rather have. I wouldn't be upset though since so many simmers want them.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    [NEW] Mutants / Sims with superpowers
    I don't really care to have George A. Romero type zombies because I view them similar to the Strangerville zombie's who I often avoid. I wouldn't mind sims with superpowers, maybe there could be one who can turn into other occults on the fly.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hhhh. I want all of these, except elves I guess, since we can just make pointy-eared spellcasters. Dragons are my ride or die, but I feel like it's cheating if I pick that one. Like it's too obvious.

I'd love zombies, fairies, genies and plantsims for storytelling purposes, and zombies, fairies and plantsims are my biggest occult demands outside of dragons. Mummies can't replace zombies, but they're so fun, unique, and dripping with their own unique culture and mythos. I'm meh with cyborgs, but cybernetic implants and prosthetics would be awesome.

But I think I'll go with mutants. Mutants would be huge for me since I'm a huge X-Men stan and I'm dying to recreate a Krakoa-esque story in the game. And think about it, EA: X-Men is being an outsider and a minority in a world that doesn't understand you. It's one of the most effortlessly diverse franchises out there. That totally aligns with your inclusive branding core values. And I know for a fact at least some of your Gurus find Colossus hot. It all comes together. Please EA, gimme mutants. I'll give you all the Marvel history you need for free, including non-X-Men stuff. I'll help you design the lore and worldbuilding. I'll go in-depth on the mutant power ranking system and how power trees could work. Please please, I want my Krakoa fantasy.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2023
    Dragons are always on top
    I just loved them in Makin' Magic
    and it would make nice addition for all occults to have a pet dragons

then again if its gonna be like in ts3 where its just bird cosplaying as dragon forget about it

out of the lifestates I bounce between better plantsims, ghosts and fairies

I loved plantsims in ts2 but now i barely remember they exist since they don't have any of the ts2 gameplay it makes me sad
    also there is just so much potential for like strangerville connections etc with them
    I'm dying to see it

also ghosts I am just so annoyed at game culling them really and how the game will quicker delete your sim kiddos toddlers babies etc than make them ghosts also i am sure we could do more fun things with death and ghosts in general

and as for fairies yup need them too
    fairy costume just will not be enough
    and game just doesn't feel complete when i cannot have correct lifestates for all the old premades

I would also like mummies but i have to admit i'll only ever need them if we ever get egypt adventure pack which does somewhat place them lower on the list as i don't know if thats gonna be thing

zombies eh I'm actually little meh about given strangerville infected kind of tick the box but i guess i see how they be needed for apocalypse players
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2023
    Imaginary Friends
    I don’t really play with occults, so I’d probably get the most use out of imaginary friends. I did like fairies in the Sims 3, though, & genies could be fun.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Of all the things listed I like dragons most. Some mischievous trolls would be fun too. I would like mummies too but only because they are sort of a given that would come with Egypt and I would very much like an Egypt inspired world. My archeologist sim needs more worlds to explore.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Fairies
    Honestly, I would pick an update to a mermaids.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2023
    Fairies
    FAIRIES. At this point we have vampires, wizards, werewolves. Even marmaids and aliens even if they need a huge update, we also have servos again, ghosts ( I am not even counting simplants) fairies is the only huge occult race from previous The Sims games that we have left. It would be also nice to add another species such as ganies, elves, unicorns, dragons, zombies into fairy pack, it would be suitable and interesting! I am only a little bit worried that all fairy abilities from The Sims 3 Supernatural has been distributed between vampires and spellcasters! So I hope fairies aren't going to be spellcasters but with wings.
    When you have costume parties you can wear a costume of random fairy (forest fairy, lake fairy). Maybe they will go into that direction? That each fairy will have element or one category they will take care of? That would be nice?
    I would admit that superheroes/villains pack or Boku no Hero Academia kind of pack would be super interesting. I would buy it.
    Update for mermaids and aliens would do.
    Mummies, or proper simplant would be cool but I don't care that much.
    And occult jobs. We have paranormal investigator, but also being a fortune teller? Or Grim Reaper?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited February 2023
    Fairies
    The Grimm Reaper should be on that list. He’s got stories to tell and an entire world to rule. 😈

Ofcourse I want all of those that are listed, but the way modern technology is so prominent in the current edition really needs to change in my opinion. Some of my occults live in realms where for example, cell phones aren’t present.
    ( Oh Please Captain could you please 🐸 up about those darn phones? No I will not. )
    I’d love a sims game entirely dedicated to occult / fantasy gameplay. I could write an entire essay as to why that would be great, but not to worry, not to worry, I won’t post it here.

The most probable candidate for the next occult pack is Fairies, so that one gets my vote. 💖

Personally I’d like to think about them as Fae or The Other Folk, as there are many different kinds of Fae which could include ethereal elves, the Tinkerbell variety, but also brownies and trolls and the likes.
    I envision a world inspired by the rugged and epic landscapes that can be found in Iceland, Scotland and Ireland. Deeply rooted in these cultures is the folklore of the Fae, and I find that in general, the people that live in rural areas are extremely superstitious when it comes to interacting with natural phenomena such as fairy rings or certain trees. Let’s just say that a person with a bit of common sense would never interfere with these phenomena because they are most likely portals to The Other World, and if ye mess with the wee folk…well….let’s not go there.

Every autumn a fairy ring appears in my front garden (a fairy ring is a circle of mushrooms or toadstools) and I wouldn’t dare go near it when I’m mowing the lawn. Yup, I’m one of those “common sense” guys. 😆

I think with such a pack we should get “the superstitious” trait and for kids and older sims to be able to build fairy houses and leave offerings. When a sim steps into a fairy ring they’ll either get sucked into another realm or they will have 7 sim days of bad luck. There should also be a fairy portal lot trait. And more.

And a fog object. Remember, no fog, no Fae.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    I’m not really an occult player and I’ve struggled to think how to fit vampires or mermaids or werewolves into my game. But I’m a big fan of the idea of things like jungle adventure, plantsims, servo, paranormal stuff and strangerville and Sixxam.

The old poll had ‘occult jobs’ which would be the most interesting to me. I’d probably like a grim reaper game pack more than anything on this list. I would love a spooky fairground with a fortune teller, that kinda thing. I will vote dragons though, everyone likes dragons.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Fairies
    I would enjoy having fairies if they could be distinguished from spellcasters. If they are too similar, they might just as well merely add CAS items to spellcasters so they could either be human or fairy.

I almost wish I had picked pets instead as they would be an additional way to distinguish occult families from the norm.

If I could pick just one addition, it would be to update occult children. I am fairly satisfied with werewolves, but all the others need work. And mermaids of all ages need a mermaid form. Having the option to attend an occult school, even if a rabbit hole, would be nice if the children could learn occult skills and have unique pop ups.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2023
    oh yes also want grim thingies and occulty jobs/hobbies (show magic fortunetelling gargoyle making n so forth) for all my occults and more fun for the occult children n such

and indeed aliens are tad lacking
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    You made this difficult. LOL I don't play a lot with occult but I really want horses (unicorn) so thats why I chose this one. Also my horoscope is Dragon so I guess thats fitting. However if they wouldn't include horses then I would choose Fairies.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Gee, I can't say "all of them"? I picked dragons and unicorns but I equally want non-Tinkerbell faeries, updated Plantsims (I adored the S2 plantsims), Mummies would require a bunch of old Egyptian ruins and BB. An update to our Aliens and Mersims would be great. I'm not sure what Mutants or Cyborgs would be like.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Fairies
    I know they won't live up to my desires (they can't. A Game Pack isn't big enough to support everything I'd want, and there is no way EA will approve an Expansion pack with Faeries as the primary feature.) But if the Werewolves team can take on Faeries, I know they'll exceed my expectations, even if they play to every pretty pixie Tinkerbelle style fairy trope that sets my teeth on edge. (I'm still a tiny bit salty about Alpha & Omega Werewolves.)

Dragons and Unicorns as pets do come in a very, very close second, though.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I used to think I wanted fairy’s….. but I have come to the conclusion that I would rather have Dragons, especially if they could be pets
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Fairies
    My poor Fake Fairies (Spellcasters in Fairy outfit) so needs to be actual Fairies & have the gift of flight. ;)
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Imaginary Friends
    Imaginary friends!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Imaginary Friends
    Mainly cuz I would hope they'd be focused on children in some way, honestly what I would love most would be for our occult kids to get some more occulty things to do and visually, mermaid kids to have tails for example...I get why you wouldnt want a kid to drink plasma but why do they not even get their occult form before teenager?
    Aliens do...why none else? Is there a reason besides "too much work too little time"?

Ugh...anyway...fairies, dragons and unicorns would also be nice
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    Zombies / Mummies
    About Imaginary Friends, I would like to bring back the Therapist and Social Bunny as imaginary friends for adult sims.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Updated Ghosts / Plantsims
    Why can't I select more than one!

I really want updated plantsims and pet dragons. But I would also like fairies, genies, elves and sims with superpowers.
    Everything but zombies would welcome.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Fairies
    Lol, I remember Imaginery Friend being so annoying in Sims3, always following sims to toilet and making them embarrassed or refusing to use it or always trying to talk to sims when they are busy with something
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Fairies
    Gosh that was rough. I picked Fairies because I want them, and I believe they could really look good in ts4. I have a mod to try and get a feel for it. But I would really prefer to have the functionality in game.

But that was a tough choice I really needed an "Other" section; because without a doubt, some of the occults we already have Need fixing.
    👽 Aliens seriously need some buffing up. As it is they're the only ones with actual hybrids, and those hybrids have like no power. I keep remembering having a pair of twin hybrids who could talk to each other with alien powers tho, so either that was a twin thing or they were actually full alien from abduction. And we need a livable alien world. GTW as a whole needs a refresh.

👻 Ghosts are a mess. I think that maybe they could fix this with Grow Together, but if your partner dies and becomes a ghost, there should be a label for that. "Late wife/partner/husband." It is so weird that sims act like they don't have anything to do with that ghost if you add them back in. Sure they might still have friendship and love. But no relationship. Til death do you part is fair, but still. Can you at least acknowledge it?

🪴 Plantsims need to be an actual life state. Sure that fruit is cute and all. They could easily retcon things by saying something like the forbidden fruit of the Plantsim was grown by the fairies in their hidden world, with the cooperation of the true plantsims, to see if other sims were capable of accepting them into society. Or something. And that's why that fruit is only temporary. And then introduce true plantsims and a way for regular sims to become full on plantsims with that OG fruit and something like the Rite to become a Spellcaster, combined.

🧜‍♀️ Mermaids need to be FIXED. It's a travesty. It's like they only took time to make them look pretty, give us tails and a cool CAS background, and said they were done. Mermaids can do like 2 things. And then they are dry and need water. You can't live out your H2o fantasy with that! Who would've thought that being added in an expansion means you get less attention not more. But we should've known, look at aliens. And ghosts were basegame. They need to make a Mermaids stuff pack buffing island living, and introducing a new world that's underwater. And since they're teasing horses, it'd be nice to have some Seahorses for the Mermaids to ride. Or porpoises.

🤖 👨🏾‍🦲 Cyborgs would be interesting. I have wanted to see the ability to have a baby with a Servo since they came out. And for Servo's to build their own babies. I think Cyborg sims would be very interesting. Safer in the rain than their Servo parents, but susceptible to lightning if out too long. Better with all technology than other sims. Able to speak to it. Capable of unlocking secrets, like Alien technology, but maybe bad at certain other things. Like swimming. Unless they upgraded their own parts, or their parents did.

🪔Genies might be cool. I didn't play much with them in sims 3. Mostly fairies and werewolves. I'd definitely give them a shot. It would be interesting to see how they interact.

Other than that yeah I'd love more new occults. But I would really like for them to fix the ones we already have. And bring in the rest that we had with sims 3. And do them properly.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Fairies
    Faries, imaginary friends ghost and plant sims need an update and rework.