Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Edition 2023] What kind of occult do you want next ?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    [NEW] Mutants / Sims with superpowers
    I always wanted something like a Super Hero Sim. Just imagine Spidersim
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    my vote is none of the above since i am not a supernatural player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    [NEW] Angels / Demons / Nephalems

You can even give them their own Venom, I think Symbiotes are cool.
  • Options

Why bother commenting on a thread you're not even interested in, this is an Occult Question, It's for Occult Simmers, its like going into a Car question thread on the Sims forums and saying that you don't want Cars, what you're doing is being a Tourist, "you're going into a thing and complaining about the very thing its famously known for", you need to stop, what you're doing, do you like the fact that that we wasted resources into making a knitting pack or a farming pack or a wedding pack that doesn't even work, because I don't, those resources would've been better spent in a Fairies pack or a Hotel pack or even a Cars pack, but they're not,

I'm sorry, For my Rant, I just want to get my point across, why complain in a thread, when the thread topic isn't for you or your playstyle.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    [NEW] Mutants / Sims with superpowers

You can even give them their own Venom, I think Symbiotes are cool.

yeah Venom is also a cool Character. Simply I would love to see Sims with some kind of Super Power.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Fairies

If you're not supernatural or occult sim then why bother even making a comment? its for those who are, and who are excited for next occult. Geeze I don't get why even make effort if you don't care.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Fairies

Why bother commenting on a thread you're not even interested in, this is an Occult Question, It's for Occult Simmers, its like going into a Car question thread on the Sims forums and saying that you don't want Cars, what you're doing is being a Tourist, "you're going into a thing and complaining about the very thing its famously known for", you need to stop, what you're doing, do you like the fact that that we wasted resources into making a knitting pack or a farming pack or a wedding pack that doesn't even work, because I don't, those resources would've been better spent in a Fairies pack or a Hotel pack or even a Cars pack, but they're not,

I'm sorry, For my Rant, I just want to get my point across, why complain in a thread, when the thread topic isn't for you or your playstyle.

Lol my thoughts exactly, thank you. Some people... Anyways! Fairies? :) Can't wait for them. I hope also for some well done Plantsims, with actual powers and flower variety (for example, dependent on Season! Or veggy/fruit/flower hehe would be so cool), or like a dryad. I hope Fairies get elemental powers! And lots of prank spells/interactions! Like silly stuff - tying shoelaces as tiny fairy and sim falls face down haha all confused, or turning into frog that'd need kiss to break spell, or letting smell a flower that makes sim sneeze and jump in air. Also would be cool of course to see more dark mischievous fae stuff, but probably not as dark as classic fairytales. Can't think of examples atm but I hope Sims devs come up with some cool stuff! I'm just really rooting for fairies soon with fairytale european village with castle themed world! With pond/bog for mermaids to swim in, and creepy woods neighborhood for classic bad wolf and evil witch storytelling hehe, and castle and such of course for beauty fae princess and maybe a peasant who goes on adventure and discovers these fairytale areas!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Pets : Dragons / Unicorns
    Angellulu wrote: »

Lol my thoughts exactly, thank you. Some people... Anyways! Fairies? :) Can't wait for them. I hope also for some well done Plantsims, with actual powers and flower variety (for example, dependent on Season! Or veggy/fruit/flower hehe would be so cool), or like a dryad. I hope Fairies get elemental powers! And lots of prank spells/interactions! Like silly stuff - tying shoelaces as tiny fairy and sim falls face down haha all confused, or turning into frog that'd need kiss to break spell, or letting smell a flower that makes sim sneeze and jump in air. Also would be cool of course to see more dark mischievous fae stuff, but probably not as dark as classic fairytales. Can't think of examples atm but I hope Sims devs come up with some cool stuff! I'm just really rooting for fairies soon with fairytale european village with castle themed world! With pond/bog for mermaids to swim in, and creepy woods neighborhood for classic bad wolf and evil witch storytelling hehe, and castle and such of course for beauty fae princess and maybe a peasant who goes on adventure and discovers these fairytale areas!

Maybe if they go the fairytale route, they could add in a golden fish that could grant you one wish if you throw it back in the pond. And frog kissing should totally be an interaction with all the frogs we have in game.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    If we get a fairies pack, I hope they give plantsims some justice and make them a full proper lifestate with a skill tree... and gnomes, gnomes need some lovin' too. A mystical forest world with fairies, elves, gnomes, dragons, unicorns.... and twinkly wisps. Nothing says "fairy world" like twinkly little wisps flying around tossing glitter at everything.

Okay okay, I've been watching too much Disney lately. :D

Personally, I'd prefer to see some dark spooky graveyard voodoo stuff (and an eerie world) to go with the upcoming goth kit..... but I'd be happy with some sparkly rainbow fairies too.

Bah, who am I kidding. At this point I'd be happy to see anything that doesn't involve the usual domestic tedium. It's been a year and a half since the last time occult players got tossed a crumb from the table. Fingers crossed 2024 will finally see some supernatural fun and hi-jinx.

I'm also holding my breath for a sci-fi futuristic pack one of these days. Complete with an alien world (Sixam) and maybe a downtown urban cyberpunk-ish neighbourhood? Or something futuristic and space-y and high tech like the Jetsons (the Jetsims).

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Demons wouldn't be too hard, just combine Fairies (flying animation) and Vampires (long life, powers), add in fire immunity, horns, bat wings and a tail.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    Fairies
    As much as I would LOVE zombies and dragons, I have a sim who has been waiting for ages now to become a fairy, so ...
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited November 2023
    Fairies
    I would be surprised if Angels/Demons make an appearance because of the significance of those beings in multiple real world religions. Super heroes would be fun, but probably wouldn’t look much like ones we’re familiar with due to copyright issues with Marvel/DC etc.

Fairies seem most likely to be next to get a dedicated game pack. There’s a big old fantasy-playing hole without them. I don’t want them to just be Spellcasters with wings, though. It would be cool if they had nature or elemental powers in a skill tree. Island Living Mermaids, for all of their limitations, are basically water elementals. Fairies could be earth elementals. They should also be able to have a full “human” and small fairy form. One of the worst things about TS3 Supernatural was going into town and seeing huge fairies flapping their big old wings to hover a foot off the ground. That and witches riding motorcycle brooms in straight lines on the roads. Oh, and cabbage eating zombies. And werewolves that were just people with mutton chop sideburns. Yeah, I like TS4 occults better.

I would also like a fairy pack to include elves, dragons and real unicorns. Basically a full on enchanted forest vibe.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    cyncie wrote: »
    Fairies seem most likely to be next to get a dedicated game pack. There’s a big old fantasy-playing hole without them. I don’t want them to just be Spellcasters with wings, though. It would be cool if they had nature or elemental powers in a skill tree. Island Living Mermaids, for all of their limitations, are basically water elementals. Fairies could be earth elementals. They should also be able to have a full “human” and small fairy form. One of the worst things about TS3 Supernatural was going into town and seeing huge fairies flapping their big old wings to hover a foot off the ground. That and witches riding motorcycle brooms in straight lines on the roads. Oh, and cabbage eating zombies. And werewolves that were just people with mutton chop sideburns. Yeah, I like TS4 occults better.

I would also like a fairy pack to include elves, dragons and real unicorns. Basically a full on enchanted forest vibe.

I agree with the whole enchanted forest idea with Elves, Dragons and Unicorns, However I'll correct you on an important distinction, Fairies are human sized, while Pixies are their tiny cousins, the small fairy form is actually a pixie form, I like your "Human" disguise Idea, might even lean into the lore and call it a Changeling form, I just wanted to give you the proper terminalogy for your "Tiny Fairies",

I feel like the world should be split into 2 residential lots the Fairy Realm (your Enchanted forest Idea, it'll be like fusion of a residential lot and the realm of magic, you need to enter a portal to get and live there) while the other Residential Lot takes place in the Sims equivalent of Scotland or Ireland, since those places are connected to Fairy lore.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    edited November 2023
    Fairies
    I'm still waiting for my fairies. But I'm struggling to come up with ideas for what I want my fairy to be capable of within the Sim world. Good fairies can invoke good dreams that replenish social/fun meters, cure sick Sims and animals and activate an aura that reduces stress and fear in nearby Sims. Also, I want my fairies to fly around faster for fun, both on land and on open water, doing flips and loops, almost like a dance in the air. And "surf" on the water with the help of its wings. I'm a bit stuck on the fairy's connection to nature, plants and trees and what it would be able to do.

Evil/mischievious fairies will instead invoke nightmares that reduces fun and slows down energy recovering, leaving us with a discomforted Sim in the morning. Onwards with the not-so-good-always fairy, instead of an stress-relieving aura, a cloud of mist will follow the fairy and put Sims close to it to sleep. Leaving the fairy free to induce nightmares, if it feels spiteful. Also, hypnotizing people and have them wander off into the wild. Then your fairy will have to choose to send a light to guide them back, or further into the forest. I'll stop here before my imagination goes in all directions. Maybe it's better to scrap the good/evil fairy idea, and just let the player decide it's path and abilities.

Other things:

- A special fairy crib for newborns. (maybe even two, one etheral for fairy royals, and one made of twigs and leaves)
    - A warding light candle (turn it on and off to allow your fairy to run wild) that keeps "evil" fairies from visiting during the night.
    - The option to keep all fairies except your own in their own secluded world, just like with Werewolves.
    - And a grand forest world, with swimmable lakes. No houses, except from those you build.
    - Fairy clothing, both otherworldly elegant and for the more earthly fairy, tunics made of leaves and grass.
    Post edited by NightwalkerArkanis on

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Fairies
    I would love dragons, but I feel like fairies is a must at this point. It's the only main occult we haven't gotten yet that TS3 offered! I really do want them with their own magical glade, maybe a world that is a huge extension of the secret world Sylvan Glade? That tiny world is so magical yet had no actual magical elements to interact with. I think it'd be perfect to get:
    1. new magical fruit trees
    2. Fairies can converse with plants
    3. magical plant growing spell
    4. magical food!! Imagine a cute magical tea set and it comes with cute pastries or some kind of fake fairy lore cuisine
    5. They better actually FLY :D Maybe can also do some magical flying tricks in place to show off or have fun
    6. Cause new mischief
    7. Maybe a special trait or connection to the fairy land, and when in their world, their powers are stronger
    8. Tiny tree homes for fairies like TS3 offered
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Fairies
    I want a fairy pack badly...
    If this pack is going to be true, I hope there are some special interactions between fairies and cats...they're enemies
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    This was hard one to choose. I don't per say want any, but was planning to pick fairies when I saw the post. You had some great ideas. I had a hard time picking between angels and unicorns. I would love a life and death pack with angels and demons with upgraded ghosts, cemeteries, funerals, an upper world and an underworld. More urn and stone choices.
  • Options
    Evil/mischievious fairies will instead invoke nightmares that reduces fun and slows down energy recovering, leaving us with a discomforted Sim in the morning. Onwards with the not-so-good-always fairy, instead of an stress-relieving aura, a cloud of mist will follow the fairy and put Sims close to it to sleep. Leaving the fairy free to induce nightmares, if it feels spiteful. Also, hypnotizing people and have them wander off into the wild. Then your fairy will have to choose to send a light to guide them back, or further into the forest. I'll stop here before my imagination goes in all directions. Maybe it's better to scrap the good/evil fairy idea, and just let the player decide it's path and abilities.
    I would use Puck as an Example of an Evil/Mischievious fairy, The Guy Spoils Milk and Trips Old Ladies for fun.
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    Fairies
    oh this was such a hard poll to vote in because i desperately want faeries (i am manifesting them for us all) but i also want imaginary friends back! i loved both of them so much in ts3, especially imaginary friends. but i know faeries would make a better pack so that's what i voted for.