Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pack Release Timeline is Too Rushed?

Comments

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I viewed his video earlier and I didn't agree with his reasoning to delay. We have been waiting for a new expansion for a year after Cottage Living and a new refresh pack. So, I don't think it's rush, I think those big packs seem to be delayed and we have been getting little kits.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I don't think it was rushed because they have different people working on different teams and so they can work on packs individually and stagger resources.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2022
    Everyone was literally complaining that we've been waiting so long for another expansion pack... and now it's suddenly "too rushed"? lol

Well just for record not me :joy:
    Have not been waiting :joy:

I actually didn't particularily want new ep even last year i was actually relieved when there was no ep :joy:

as for now I am even more relieved that its not ep theme close to my heart cause well couple dancing and werewolves surely are :sweat_smile: would have been overkill if i even ep was in my top 5 wanted features :sweat_smile:

still really hoping my computer does not blow up when i get to add werewolves cause mws did give me mighty scare

definitely wouldn't want to try and add ep on top
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2022
    This creator argues that the pack release schedule, particularly between Werewolves and the new High School EP, is too rushed and ultimately leads to a lack of polish in the content. He blames EA and the desire for profit over all else as the reason. Thoughts? Do you agree with his assessment?
    https://youtu.be/_ppeissvw8c

I tend to disagree. Just wait for the lack luster drought winter quarter. Most likely we ll only get kits then.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I imagine that the pandemic messed with some pack release scheduling, but naturally its nice to have more content if it of reasonable quality.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    He just likes to complain for clicks. I ignore his videos now.

And to answer your question, no, I don’t think it’s too soon. They have different people working on different packs. We haven’t had an EP for about a year.

Exactly this... simmers were just complaining about no big packs coming sooo.....
    Plus werewolves are very polished and well done sooo...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    There was a pretty major content drought after the release of cottage Living, so no, I don't think they're rushing out content, I think it's about time we got some more substantial packs released.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2022
    It’s completely different teams and no I don’t think it’s too rushed. We had a massive content drought except maybe kits during the plague and I am glad to have the timeline accelerate. I don’t tend to play my content in in one big go as soon as I get like some people seem to, I like to integrate it into my stories so I may buy a pack at release and not really dig into until weeks after.

Edit:
    This creator argues that the pack release schedule, particularly between Werewolves and the new High School EP, is too rushed and ultimately leads to a lack of polish in the content. He blames EA and the desire for profit over all else as the reason. Thoughts? Do you agree with his assessment?
    https://youtu.be/_ppeissvw8c

So I watched it, and all I can say is that’s 8+ minutes of my life that’s never coming back. Also could someone please provide him with an inhaler and and oxygen mask, he seems to be having trouble breathing.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    He just likes to complain for clicks. I ignore his videos now.

And to answer your question, no, I don’t think it’s too soon. They have different people working on different packs. We haven’t had an EP for about a year.

Exactly this... simmers were just complaining about no big packs coming sooo.....
    Plus werewolves are very polished and well done sooo...

We've only had Werewolves for two weeks and it's already among the best packs TS4 has gotten. It's one of the least buggy packs, it's loaded with gameplay, and I still haven't felt like I've discovered everything it has to offer. We've all had packs that after 2 weeks have become boring and that isn't the case with this one. I'm having more fun after 2 weeks, not less.

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Only rushed in the fact nothing is properly game tested.. tho they seem to have finally learned their lesson with the wedding pack..
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Since there are different teams working on different pack projects at given times, it's really hard to gauge what is "rushed" vs when it's not prior to the pack's release. We had nothing for a long time (except MWS which was a mess) and now it's a game pack followed by an expansion pack shortly after.

In general, I don't think the devs get nearly enough time as to get all the kinks ironed out and ideas fully fleshed out for their packs as they should, but I don't think the timing of release is necessarily indicitave of quality. Unless it's like pack after pack for like 6+ months or something ludicrious.

My only concern is the functionality of this pack considering how messy MWS was and how interactive the HS pack is supposed to be. If we struggle to get sims to sit properly at a wedding, how can we expect to see sims sit + behave as they should in a classroom setting? Some things like prom can afford a little more autonomy but I'm just mildly concerned.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Can't say, without playing, it if it feels rushed or not. Could just be they had two teams working in tandem.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Normally, I am very positive about The Sims 4 but I do agree with him. It is going to be like a month between releases. It's not enough time to fully enjoy the Werewolves pack without now waiting for High School. Just my opinion.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    Also could someone please provide him with an inhaler and and oxygen mask, he seems to be having trouble breathing.

So I looked at his pinned comment and apparently he has Covid.

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    JestTru wrote: »
    No, if anything I think an EP is well overdue. That being said, it's more likely the EP team has been working on this one for some time now given there hasn't been an EP in over a year. If you're comparing it to MWS, I do think that gamepack was rushed also I didn't notice a lot of hype over it before its release. Not saying there wasn't more, I just didn't notice it.

I agree. There has been a content drought if anything so I think we're due for an EP. Like you said, this was probably a completely different team than the one that worked on MWS.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Can't say, without playing, it if it feels rushed or not. Could just be they had two teams working in tandem.

This is true. I have no idea yet if this pack's gameplay will be functional but with Werewolves working well I'm starting to think that MWS for whatever reason was a one-time thing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    edited July 2022
    I do feel some concern for the occult players who've been waiting such a long time for another occult pack. And now it's being overshadowed by High School Years.

ETA: Of course they can still play it and delay purchasing HSY but part of the fun is sharing gameplay and the pack excitement with fellow simmers.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @simgirl1010 Trust me girlfriend, I'm excited for High School Years, and my enjoyment of werewolves hasn't been affected in an way. If the non-occult fans want to think they've kicked me and my pack to the curb they can go right ahead, I'll be happily playing with my werewolves while they twittle their thumbs for the next month waiting on HSY.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    To me it looks like werewolves and highschool packs were developed simultaneously. I think they simply have two or more teams who work on stuff and release it when it's ready. If they were to hold one back from release so as not to seem rushed, then there would be the real danger of stuff leaking and they don't like unplanned leaks. Anyway, now that the theme of the EP has been confirmed I am looking forward to learning what the theme of the kits will be.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I do feel some concern for the occult players who've been waiting such a long time for another occult pack. And now it's being overshadowed by High School Years.

ETA: Of course they can still play it and delay purchasing HSY but part of the fun is sharing gameplay and the pack excitement with fellow simmers.

I feel bad for them too. Occult players have had other occult packs though, but teen lovers haven’t really had anything yet.

Not all non-occult players want the same packs, but for some reason occult players like to lump all non-occult players together.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Disagree, I have a feeling with the pandemic perhaps this pack could have come out sooner--not everyone likes occult so this is another content opportunity for them. Me, personally, I'm planning a Teen Wolf scenario and a Riverdale/Monster High/Buffy type situation with both. :smiley:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options

I feel bad for them too. Occult players have had other occult packs though, but teen lovers haven’t really had anything yet.

Not all non-occult players want the same packs, but for some reason occult players like to lump all non-occult players together.

If you were referring to my comment it was not directed at you and I apologize if you feel that it was. I was only referring to that segment of the non-occult players that twitter account appears to represent. That twitter post was meant to be a dig at werewolves fans, I responded. Sorry once again if you felt like I targeted you that was not my intent.🙂
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't really understand this thought process. Not ever, in the history of The Sims, has it ever been mandatory to ever purchase any pack immediately.

If you're mentally not ready to try a new pack, then it's perfectly ok to wait to buy it and continue to play your current game with all of the packs you're enjoying. Then when you need something new you still have that opportunity to purchase the new pack.

Is this a FOMO mentality?

Don't want to miss out on all of the excitement of other players talking about it or showing pics?

Fear that the Werewolves thread won't be as active?

Not ready to update mods ..... AGAIN?

I seriously don't get it.

Why did nobody complain last year when DHD was released June 1 and then Cottage Living was released on July 22? That was just a little over a week longer than this between the GP and EP release. Was it because nobody liked DHD so that didn't count?

I personally don't think it's rushed, I think the EP probably already had a target date set for July 2022 from the get go. And I think with MWS coming out as such a buggy mess they took extra time with WW to make sure it worked flawlessly to avoid another release disaster so it was probably released later in than normal.

• Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    No need to apologize as I was not referring to your comment. I was just replying to the person I quoted. I didn’t even pay much attention to the Twitter message so didn’t notice it was a dig. 😀
  • Options
    simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    How can we know if HS isn't polished when it hasn't been released yet? Also, did Werewolves have glitches (I don't have that one)? I haven't heard anything comparable to what happened with Dream Weddings on launch.