Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pack Release Timeline is Too Rushed?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    No need to apologize as I was not referring to your comment. I was just replying to the person I quoted. I didn’t even pay much attention to the Twitter message so didn’t notice it was a dig. 😀

Cool😁
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Here’s a few questions I have. (I did not watch the video)
    1.How do we know the timeline is rushed? Does polish really mean its rush or could there be other Circumstances that cause that. Especially since the warewolfs pack (no pun intended) was very well done.
    2. This pack hasn’t come out yet how do we know the polish on it.
    3. If we are not talking about the polish on the pack what in your term is rushed. It was a whole year before we got a new EP. if anything, to me this pack seems delayed. If we’re talking in terms of packs over all of different teams make the pack it’s definitely long over due.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Here’s a few questions I have. (I did not watch the video)
    1.How do we know the timeline is rushed? Does polish really mean its rush or could there be other Circumstances that cause that. Especially since the warewolfs pack (no pun intended) was very well done.
    2. This pack hasn’t come out yet how do we know the polish on it.
    3. If we are not talking about the polish on the pack what in your term is rushed. It was a whole year before we got a new EP. if anything, to me this pack seems delayed. If we’re talking in terms of packs over all of different teams make the pack it’s definitely long over due.

Yep I agree
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    The amount of bugs in many of the new packs is either a sign of rushed development or an aging base game engine.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 3
    It's difficult to tell because there are several factors :
    • 3-year development of 4 EP during the COVID-19 pandemic
    • Project Rene draining TS4 resources
    • Maxis Europe releasing their first Stuff Packs (Maybe later a full transfer of TS4 ???)
    • New VP/GM of The Sims franchise in September 2023
    • Creation of EA Entertainment, EA CEO said : "Continuing to evolve our business and teams"

I think Maxis is facing a lot of changes again so I'm going to wait 3 years and see where it goes.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The number of bugs gives off the appearance that the packs may be rushed and granted a bug or two can be overlooked during whatever amount of QA is done before releasing the pack. For me it comes down to not releasing a product until it is really ready for release as they move forward with the packs it may take longer to fix all the bugs prior to the newest and it snowballs into something worse. I feel not every bug will be squashed as some were not in older versions and with the focus on the newest addition into the Sims series, bugs may take longer to fix as it appears there are bugs that are a few years old.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »

What I also don't understand why EA cut off 650 employees (=5% of their whole work force!) recently when there are hundreds of unfilled vacancies.
    (Cut off article 👉 here
    EA open vacancies 👉 here)

Very interesting data. Thanks for sharing.

The recent job cuts have to do with new corporate strategy away from licensed IP and a refocus on EA's IP. So think fewer Star Wars games and more EA Sports and Sims. I don't view the layoffs and many open job positions as incompatible.

A prudent company will transfer as many of the proposed sack-ees into the vacant positions as possible, the key factors being compatibility of skills and area of residence. Simple allocation of resources to the greatest need. Have worked in such a place. The unknown is whether that was done.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    The amount of bugs in many of the new packs is either a sign of rushed development or an aging base game engine.

Probably the latter,the base game was probably never meant to be this