Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update. 9/21

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Holy WOW, that's a great update.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    My two cents. This is very nice of the art department. However, it's like the time I went crazy and added that much custom content to my game (one of four) that recolored so much stuff that I had a hard time deciding what to do with it all. I had like fifty swatches per one item etc. for many different base game walls, floors, appliances etc. I have a gaming pc but the SDD is small..I can't afford to add too much if and when I decide to update any of these games with more 'stuff'. You know we could have used a color wheel....and not have to have so many swatches. That would have been nice, neat and compact.

ETA: I wanted more floors years ago, TS4, I think I might be over it after asking for seven years. Wish I could add just the floors if I updated this game. I don't have time to go through millions of swatches.

I remember the sky, I had fifty shades of gray. lol :D Ah, 13GBs of recolors, when a color wheel would have been so much nicer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Very nice update. More matching swatches indeed were needed. Thank you sims team!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    I love it, especially more colors for curtains. I often haven't even used any curtains because the ones that would fit with the windows never had suitable colors. Now there is more options. :)
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member
    Cleverly worded parody. 😂
    Really?

I can’t remember asking for this so called “free” content.

Free?
    Ha! You must be joking! I feel like a prisoner in my own game.

I can’t believe my poor washing machine has to process that extra shade of purple…

…it means that I, I have to process that extra shade of purple too.

I also don’t want those 20 table swatches. I wish I could un-see them. Please make me un-see them! My game is ruined. My day is ruined! You know what? Make that the entire week.

And that hair….omg…that hair is absurd. It doesn’t match my shoes. What’s worse, it doesn’t match the style of underpants I’m currently wearing. And I’m wearing them so well. Shame on you Maxis.

But seriously Maxis, I’m begging you: stop giving us any more of these pitiful base game updates. I already paid for Base Game. Don’t you get it?!
    Don’t give us extra stuff that we didn’t pay for and that you didn’t give us 7 years ago. It’s been 7 years. I have my CC. Don’t bother with it now.

I’m so so glad you’re not giving us content like, say, complex color wheel systems because I’d have to buy a brand new kitchen appliance for that. Nobody wants that. More importantly, I don’t want that.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited September 2021
    greydonn wrote: »

Thanks for posting info 😊🎉.

I don’t get the 149 additions that we get. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The additions of swatches to base game stuff just seems a little late. I’d love the option to decline additions with patches. The patch size wouldn’t be so big.
    I’m not using the new stuff as I’ve managed for seven years with what’s there.

@ncisGibbs02 I'm really curious. So when you go into build/buy mode you'll remember which swatches are new and just choose not to use them?

@simgirl1010 I’ve got the patch notes and won’t use the range of items they have updated. I.e. I know the BlandCo Kitchen Counters, Tabula Rasa Coffee Table etc. have the new swatches so I’ll be using other things instead.

Doubt I’ll remember individual swatches! 😂😂😂

Hold on, so you're just not going to use the items at all? Isn't that a bit limiting, build mode wise, especially for something that is in your game regardless of if you use it or not?

Build mode is going to be very limiting base game wise. This is a huge update they’ve done. The list of items is longer than I thought. Using packs to furnish might be easier but I’ll see.

After thinking about things, it made me remember the end of Toy Story 2 in the gag reel where Mrs Potato Head is putting extra stuff for Mr Potato Head to take with him.
    ‘Here’s a bouncy bouncy ball in case you get bored and a key, I don’t know what it’s for but you never know…’

Also it’s a bit like buying a present for someone and then seven years later adding 149 extra items to go with it.
    I know the BlandCo Kitchen Counters, Tabula Rasa Coffee Table etc. have the new swatches so I’ll be using other things instead.

This got me curious too :D

So are you saying that because you know these items had new swatches, you are not going to use those anymore? :smiley:

Yes exactly, these items will be avoided. That’s the challenge. 😃
    Onverser wrote: »
    The new CAS stuff is seriously nice. I think this hair is one of if not my favorite male hairstyle
    09-22-21-12-37-51-AM.png

The new outfits are also great, I can see these working really well with Dine Out. (pack refresh when?) The male one would be great for a chef and the female one would be great for a host
    09-22-21-12-43-29-AM.png
    09-22-21-12-43-33-AM.png

Yeah I think there’s new hair and CAS added. Some match the theme of the new CAS kits coming?! 🤷🏼‍♂️
    But I’m not interested. There’s nice hairstyles in Get Together, Movie Hangout and Tiny Living that I regularly use so I’ll just stay with them.

At least with the townie spawning I’ll see the CAS items anyway. 😂
    Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,719 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    What's next - 1 billion new swatches for rugs?

I'd actually love that :lol: especially if it came with new patterns too and especially if at least some of the billion rugs worked for old mansions

LOL, I want your computer :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,132 Member
    edited September 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    What's next - 1 billion new swatches for rugs?

I'd actually love that :lol: especially if it came with new patterns too and especially if at least some of the billion rugs worked for old mansions

LOL, I want your computer :)

well I do get that cause I used to play with toaster of laptop for years that would literally crash at mention of speed 3
    not to talk of having packs :sweat_smile:

but since I got quite nice desktop about 1-2 years ago now its running splendidly for me :sweat_smile:

perhaps i would not make whole billion of rugs though
    like how about just 100 or so for starters can't remember how many rugs base game has but if they added 10 new swatches for each of them that would be pretty nice
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I am super excited for more swatches, but I wish this set had more variants:

dh6vabc4ed3x.png

I don't need a new shade of purple. I miss white counters with a light wooden top.

I remember requesting more swatches for the BlandCo counters, and I feel kinda bad because they did at least give us more, but it's not quite what I had in mind. After the counters we got in Snowy Escape and Dream Home Decorator, I thought they would give us some swatches that were on par with those packs. I really like the wood toned cabinets with white countertop effect (or vice versa) so I'm surprised we didn't get that.

As for the purple one, I don't mind colourful variants, but the two purple swatches aren't that different. I would have preferred a few different bright colours instead of another purple one.

That's really my only gripe with this update, I'm really pleased with the rest and I hope we get more swatch updates for base game stuff.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Soo hyped about this.
    BG items were so stale for so long.
    Can't wait to redo my reno's.
    Cottage Living made my Summer of Sims; this one 'small' thing will make my Fall bearable.
    XD
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    They should have given it to us years ago - but then again we should have had Toddlers with base game and we did fine without them.

Colour wheels, eh? We could use them, but at the same time that's not the style of this game. You can have colour wheels, or you can have intricate patterns, but it's kind of hard to have both. Most people would stick with the standard patterns anyway.

Some of them I'll use, and some of them I won't use. I actually know this because mostly I use pack content (for the purpose of using my packs). But there are a few things that I will end up using.

I hope this standardisation and updating continues with the other packs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    logion wrote: »
    How is build mode gonna run after this update? It's already incredibly laggy to use build mode.

As an impatient builder that have all packs (not Batuu) & crashed my share of pc's (simming 20+yrs)

Sort by Color
    Sort by Style
    Clear Cache (regularly)
    Adjust Game Options (if it persists)

Trust, it helps more than you think.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I wonder if EA add more swatches this season. I hope that yesterday they only did a first step. I found the swatch I miss for the counters:

tumblr_onq6j6WAKM1ut7dbdo4_1280.jpg

This also would be perfect:

tumblr_onq6j6WAKM1ut7dbdo5_1280.jpg

I need to add that I noticed that the hair from Parenthood is now in the base game. I'm angry because they took the bed from this pack a couple months ago.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,719 Member
    Re counters - I just had the weird idea of separating the board/base and the counter/top. Two different objects that could be mixed and matched across counters and styles would have been a much more rational solution, and probably fewer objects would be needed. Maybe we'll see that in TS5.

Same for walls btw, why not have trims separated from the paint/wallpaper? They mostly have common heights anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Re counters - I just had the weird idea of separating the board/base and the counter/top. Two different objects that could be mixed and matched across counters and styles would have been a much more rational solution, and probably fewer objects would be needed. Maybe we'll see that in TS5.

Same for walls btw, why not have trims separated from the paint/wallpaper? They mostly have common heights anyway.

This reminds me of the good old Sims 2 days where we could choose the swatch of the base and counter top separately. Funny how a game from 2004 had a more flexible and superior swatch system for furniture.

Anyway, all in all I am pleased with the update. This is not a game changing update but adds a nice extra.

The only downside is that not all Windows have matching doors anymore. My favourites base game windows are the ones that were added in September 2019 along with the Muslim inspired clothing. I like to have additional colours for the windows but am a bit disappointed that the doors and arches weren't updated, so only half the set has new swatches added.
  • Options
    That's... alot of swatches. And one bugfix I wasn't even aware of, but maybe I will notice some differences when I roll through every career possible.

I'm gonna go out on a crazy tangent and hope they aren't this giving too often. I'd even rather pay for things I want then getting more and more of things that I probably won't need. Then again, I never played pure basegame. I have no idea how little it might contain if all packs were removed, and I dare not find out.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like the new swatches but I wish those windows that always have a white interior got new swatches where the interior changes as well to match the exterior color. I much prefer dark brown wood than white wood but if I want to use those windows I'm stuck with white on the interior.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    FINALLY they updated those swatches !! The cheap base game counter is usable now!! And the curtains, I couldn't use them until now !!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Does anyone else have issues with swatches for some of the objects? The simplicity dining table have some unpickable swatches and the oopsie daisies flowers only the default swatch show? Do you think repairing might help, or does anyone else have the same issue? 🤔
    I checked if there was a mod interfering, but it doesn't seem so. Can anyone check if they have this issue?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Really?

I can’t remember asking for this so called “free” content.

Free?
    Ha! You must be joking! I feel like a prisoner in my own game.

I can’t believe my poor washing machine has to process that extra shade of purple…

…it means that I, I have to process that extra shade of purple too.

I also don’t want those 20 table swatches. I wish I could un-see them. Please make me un-see them! My game is ruined. My day is ruined! You know what? Make that the entire week.

And that hair….omg…that hair is absurd. It doesn’t match my shoes. What’s worse, it doesn’t match the style of underpants I’m currently wearing. And I’m wearing them so well. Shame on you Maxis.

But seriously Maxis, I’m begging you: stop giving us any more of these pitiful base game updates. I already paid for Base Game. Don’t you get it?!
    Don’t give us extra stuff that we didn’t pay for and that you didn’t give us 7 years ago. It’s been 7 years. I have my CC. Don’t bother with it now.

I’m so so glad you’re not giving us content like, say, complex color wheel systems because I’d have to buy a brand new kitchen appliance for that. Nobody wants that. More importantly, I don’t want that.

I'm sorry but 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    logion wrote: »
    How is build mode gonna run after this update? It's already incredibly laggy to use build mode.

I am ignoring build mode (and photography) more and more because of this. Sad as it is a pretty significant part of the game!

I have 0% lag in build mode. What is your computer specs?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Let me get this straight - some people are complaining "Oh, it's really annoying that EA's giving us free stuff." This is the sort of thing that gets Occults nerfed to uselessness.

Perhaps some CC can now be uninstalled?

Okay, so some people are running on below minimal stats and on cramped computers.

The Sims is not a game designed for Laptops - heck, Laptops aren't designed for games! - and it's had its minimum stats raised before for a REASON. Okay, I feel bad for you if you can't run the game perfectly. But at the same reason, there's no reason for people who are playing on computers that ARE good enough to miss out on content.

I am complaining about free stuff. Yes, because I didn’t ask for it and I don't want it. There’s nothing included that I can see will add anything to my game.

It’s interesting that you think only paid stuff can be complained about. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

I only have 3 sets of CC but I haven’t used any since the start of ‘Summer of Sims’ and every update disables CC and well… might as well wait till all this updating is over. When will that be? 😂😂😂

I play on a laptop. It can handle the game as long as I’m careful with how much I add. So all this extra stuff I don’t want isn’t helping. I haven’t used much they added for free over time anyway. I’ve yet to see any of the Mexican stuff they said got added and wasn’t there Caribbean as well?

I don’t see why free content can’t be separate to patches that fix stuff 🤷🏼‍♂️. That would be so helpful.

Well, if your computer doesn't work with minimum specs for the game, that sounds like a "you" problem.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek