Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,787 Member
    edited January 2021
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Anyone around?

Yas how are you

good, I'm finally writing my Gen 4 Chapter 2 of my 4th attempt at Swanson Legacy. It's a pretty long chapter since I'm sort of setting up the family drama between the twin sisters, the still ongoing feud being Swanson and the Berjsens. As well as some other aspects of my story. As well as the history project of this particular chapter.

How are you?

Sorry, I'm on and off xD
    Pretty hungry at the moment. I might just take a leaf out of @friendsfan367 and get me some lunch :p

I just had supper over an hour ago. I have been watching for weeks now Molly Burke a Blind Canadian Youtuber. Because of the last video I just watched of hers (about bringing a guide dog on a plane)-I want to find my family's Irish journal from 2018 and continue writing it. It's somewhere on the shelf next to me!.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @MadameLee: I don't have any story ideas for you but I can recommend more YouTube channels because blind YouTube is a great place: The Tommy Edison Experience and his podcast (radio DJ and film critic who was born completely blind) and Christine Ha (blind MasterChef US champion). I do like Molly though. She did a couple of videos with Tommy Edison.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    i'm jealous alonzos apartment is bigger than mine.

@friendsfan367: my jealousy in the sims is that there are no barriers to driving (TS3) or magically teleporting between lots (TS4). I don't need much room IRL for me and my dogs though. (but the apartments in the sims are laughably huge)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @MadameLee: I don't have any story ideas for you but I can recommend more YouTube channels because blind YouTube is a great place: The Tommy Edison Experience and his podcast (radio DJ and film critic who was born completely blind) and Christine Ha (blind MasterChef US champion). I do like Molly though. She did a couple of videos with Tommy Edison.

I know she did- I saw the one video she and Tommy did (I didn't see the result on Tommy's channel about the straight line challenge). I'm just in the middle of doing something I been procrastinating on -the Irish trip journal from 2018.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    i'm jealous alonzos apartment is bigger than mine.

@friendsfan367: my jealousy in the sims is that there are no barriers to driving (TS3) or magically teleporting between lots (TS4). I don't need much room IRL for me and my dogs though. (but the apartments in the sims are laughably huge)

last time i worried moving anthony out of noel and laurens house would make his issues with deppression worse. but did it anyway he got a 5 bedroom 4 bath house and was happy. i got depressed though. but of all the apartments i had this is the best one.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Does anyone know what this is all I know it's curbside and I'm been seeing a lot of them in town after there's streetwork being done:
    J77hZMZ.png

mom and I have different POVs. I think the most obvious choice is it being raised bumps for a visually impaired person- Mom think its for drainage purposes. But why would a drainage system in a sidewalk need bumps?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Does anyone know what this is all I know it's curbside and I'm been seeing a lot of them in town after there's streetwork being done:
    J77hZMZ.png

mom and I have different POVs. I think the most obvious choice is it being raised bumps for a visually impaired person- Mom think its for drainage purposes. But why would a drainage system in a sidewalk need bumps?

your right. it helps blind people know where the side walk ends so they can safely cross the street.
  • Options

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2021
    Okay, I'd like to kick off Sim Crush Sunday... with a shout-out to @CathyTea's Case in Another Legacy. << (on my computer today so I can add a link) He's not your traditional legacy founder, and to be honest, that's why I find him so refreshing. Also his relationships with the townsfolk and friends is genuine and makes me feel uplifted every time I read CT's story. :) I have a strong affinity for Ira in the story - how she is finding herself later in life and how deeply she cares for Case and little Kiki.
    al011905.png
    ^^ Doesn't this just make you smile? :smiley::heart:

And I'd like to add a #simcrush shoutout to @mercuryfoam's Curtis in Between Two Worlds. First of all, mercury is a master at poses. Magnifique! :love: Second, I love how she writes conflicted and complex characters, particularly Curtis with the legacy of tragedy and trauma he inherited and trying to rise above it, and how he deeply cares for those he's closest to, and would do anything for them. And I'm enjoying the evolution of Athena as she comes of age and copes with her own tragedy and trauma, and discovers the magic within!
    12131.png?w=1024

^^ This is a power couple! They aren't perfect, but the struggle is real. I can't wait to see what mercury has in store going forward. I'm almost to the end of Part 1.

Thanks @InfraGreen for the suggestion to bring this back!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I concur, B2W Curtis is my number 1 simcrush, so now I don't know who to list :joy: I don't really think Curtis and Athena are all that great for/with each other, but other than that I agree about everything you said about them and B2W :)
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer Welcome back, hope the new story set up is going well! Your avatar/character does look cute :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I concur, B2W Curtis is my number 1 simcrush, so now I don't know who to list :joy: I don't really think Curtis and Athena are all that great for/with each other, but other than that I agree about everything you said about them and B2W :)

Yeah they certainly have their issues. But love is love! <3

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I really want a teen/adult soccer pose pack and the only one which is normally available no longer has the file on Simshare. I can't make poses myself (I have tried and am in over my head) And there's no back up version for me to use and I really want it for this chapter for reasons and I have no way of making it. I mean poses which is of a team not a single person practicing I mean!

found the alternative link!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

My simcrush is Dandy, I love him, he is too precious, we must protect him, sweet cinnamon roll
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Hey guys, I haven't popped in for quite a while. I had to take a break from the forums, and now I'm back. My original blog is gone, but I've put up a new one. Here it is: https://dssims4stories.blogspot.com/
    Also, I haven't posted anything yet, but I've set up the story save. The cute blonde in my avatar is the main character.
    Anyways, about the above comments regarding simcrushes, I agree that Curtis is a handsome guy. He and Athena were good together in season 1.

Have a good day/afternoon/night, wherever you guys are in the world.

Hey welcome back! Love your avatar, she is indeed very cute, I am impartial to sims with blush :blush: By the way, how does one follow a blog hosted by blogspot? I have never been able to work it out...
  • Options
    @MadameLee Is it the simmerberlin one you're after? I think the creator is technically retired, but there's still a big folder of their poses here - it includes the Football_by_simmerberlin pose :)
  • Options
    @MadameLee Is it the simmerberlin one you're after? I think the creator is technically retired, but there's still a big folder of their poses here - it includes the Football_by_simmerberlin pose :)

yeah I found the folder right after I posted it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    My simcrush is Dandy, I love him, he is too precious, we must protect him, sweet cinnamon roll

Aww, thank you, I'm glad you love Dandy so much! :)
  • Options
    I don't have any crush for Sim Crush Sunday. Hold on Maybe I have two: both from @CitizenErased14 's story from past generations Tobias and Stefan's step-father (whose name I have forgotten) and Harper's dad. Zayne
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Aww, thank you, I'm glad you love Dandy so much! :)

I simp hard for Dandy :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    What story is Dandy in? Just curious.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

He is in @ThePlumbob 's The Blackwell Chronicles! He's the second cutie from the left in her signature :)
  • Options

@ThePlumbob 's The Blackwell Chronicles and here's where Dandy is in her Siggy: wUtQXpT.png
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top