Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    Been going through and getting all the Bonus SimPoints the store would let me, got all the cheap stuff from my wishlist and a bunch of other stuff I came across and liked, now everything that is left in my wishlist(17 items/sets/venues/worlds) is 1900~4307. At base prices/sale prices I'd need 46085 more SimPoints. Hoping to get some good deals via the DD and "Complete your Set" but since a bunch are worlds, venues, and expansions they don't always apply.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Hi, @Cadh20000. I just took a look at your wishlist and, if I may make a suggestion, take one of the sets you're trying to CYS and break it into the individual items so that those of us that own the store can help you get there faster. Please don't say you don't want us wasting our simpoints. I'm full up on them and need to start spending ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    Dunno if this will brighten anyone's day, but I just worked out that (if my calculations are correct and everything stays as is) the Sunlit Tides DD next comes due on Christmas Day :)
    (Well, it does here in Oz... Might be more Christmas Eve for most folks.)
    @AuraKnight according to the spreadsheet Sunlit Tides will be up on December 26th at 3:54am here in Australia. Most other places get it on Christmas day.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Howdy! Just wanted to let everyone know I still exist. Sorry I was gone so long. I am going to try to be better about helping post the upcoming deals and caring for the spreadsheet. I've missed you all!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    @trithone - Samantha! I was just thinking about you. I've got a music question for you. What's the difference between a 'Philharmonic' and a 'Sinfonia' Orchestra?
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I just got Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection for 15 simoleons with Daily Deals and Complete Your Set omg!!!!
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    So I've read on other threads (and, I think, this one too) about items from the store going missing in the game. This just happened to me for the first time... I would guess I'm maybe 70% of the way to owning the store. I'm just wondering if it started happening to you guys after a certain point or if this is something totally random. In my case, I loaded the game after installing the now and then manor (just got today off of DD!) and got that blurb about some items being missing and replaced with others and, then, when I went to my launcher the missing items were all there but not installed any longer. I just reinstalled them and everything is back to normal -- I'm not sure if this is even what others are describing when they say store items have gone missing from their games. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen. I have a newer laptop so I've been running the game with everything installed (maybe that's a problem after a point?).
  • Options
    despina53 wrote: »
    Hi, @Cadh20000. I just took a look at your wishlist and, if I may make a suggestion, take one of the sets you're trying to CYS and break it into the individual items so that those of us that own the store can help you get there faster. Please don't say you don't want us wasting our simpoints. I'm full up on them and need to start spending ;)

I broke them all up as much as I could. Started out organizing them but got tired of that and quit part way through. List is WAY longer than it was now! :p Biggest problem with a lot of them is the items(mainly build parts and a few furnishings for businesses) I want are apparently set-exclusives that the link from the set gives a "Error 404 - page not found" and a search of the store using the actual search bar either finds no results or a few with similar names. Otherwise it would be even bigger!
    I just got Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection for 15 simoleons with Daily Deals and Complete Your Set omg!!!!

Lol, same here, exact same price too!
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    So I've read on other threads (and, I think, this one too) about items from the store going missing in the game. This just happened to me for the first time... I would guess I'm maybe 70% of the way to owning the store. I'm just wondering if it started happening to you guys after a certain point or if this is something totally random. In my case, I loaded the game after installing the now and then manor (just got today off of DD!) and got that blurb about some items being missing and replaced with others and, then, when I went to my launcher the missing items were all there but not installed any longer. I just reinstalled them and everything is back to normal -- I'm not sure if this is even what others are describing when they say store items have gone missing from their games. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen. I have a newer laptop so I've been running the game with everything installed (maybe that's a problem after a point?).

Take a look at Ciane's Reinstall Store Stuff: No repeats or disappearing thread. Her method of installing store content makes it so things don't uninstall themselves anymore. It's quite a bit to digest at first, but she has put quite a bit of work into making it easy to understand.
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2016
    @angeljess26 thanks for the correction. I didn't have access to the sheet at the time and I must have miscalculated. I think I did get the 4am time, not sure how I was out by a day :)
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited November 2016
    @AuraKnight no problem didn't want any one to be tryting to find it on the wrong day in the holidays, when we're all so busy.
    @trithone good to see you again
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    @scillakees Thanks for the link! I probably came across that thread back when it didn't apply to me and I definitely never bothered to read into it and discover that someone solved the problem. Thanks again!

On another note, my ad points have stopped adding to my total again :-/ I hope it's just a temporary thing this time and not several days worth of this again.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I saw that too @Dame_Judi_Dench but they seem to pay out for me now, it only takes longer for the points to show. Hope it works again for you!
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2016
    Ugh, stupid clock change from Daylight Saving back to Standard messed me up. I fell asleep last night and missed Technophobe set. So I have to wait till November 23 for it to come back around. That's not too bad, but it pushes May 2012 set from November 10 to January 27! *sigh* Although, it truly isn't a big deal. It isn't like I'm dying to use Kingdom of Cambodia in my next build. There are some interesting pieces, but nothing that knocks me over.

EDIT: OMG the site edited "st upid clock" to "plum clock." I think the filtering has gone too far.
    [and then back again]
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    So sorry, @JoeJude16, for all of the problems you're encountering!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    edited November 2016
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24ish hours.

While this list of deals has no "green" - best price on the DD" - deals, it does include many deals for single items which appear only once on this rotation. Except for Deal 403, which is only a 1 sp saving, the other white deals are worth purchasing to lower your CYS of the sets that the items are included in.

Even if a deal is a "yellow" or "red" deal, it should not be ignored. Your CYS may be low enough to have the green download button enabled so that you can get the rest of the set for free.

Current Deal
    402 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 240 / 475 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 422, but less than # 504, # 276)

Upcoming Deals
    403 ) Hitting on all Sixes Sofa / 60 / 61 / 2% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Wear (The); Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

404 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 741 / 1900 / 61% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 390, but less than # 715)

405 ) Window to the Soul by BahHaus / 52 / 100 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: BahHaus

406 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 478 / 1073 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 382, # 473)

407 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 444 / 1125 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 509, but less than # 273, # 669)

408 ) Culinary Dreams Island Counter / 15 / 50 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

409 ) Goddess Tank / 33 / 75 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

410 ) Bandana / 49 / 99 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item that is included in Quaint Cottage Collection

411 ) Alvar Vintage Shine On Stove / 44 / 81 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

412 ) Stones Throw Greenhouse / 798 / 1710 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 952, but less than # 446, # 443, # 51)

413 ) The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire / 779 / 1710 / 54% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 455, but less than # 303)

414 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove / 33 / 90 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 663)
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    @trithone - Samantha! I was just thinking about you. I've got a music question for you. What's the difference between a 'Philharmonic' and a 'Sinfonia' Orchestra?

Haha - I had to look it up because I didn't know either. Basically, just the name. Philharmonics (which translated just means "music lovers") started popping up in big cities where there might be more than one symphony orchestra or society of orchestra supporters. It's just a way of being able to tell which is which - such as having both a "Boston Symphony Orchestra" and a "Boston Philharmonic Orchestra." Other than that, both organizations are pretty much identical insofar as the numbers of different musicians and the types of music they play.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, Samantha ( @trithone ). My oldest granddaughter ( 17 yrs old ) plays violin in her high school Philharmonic Orchestra. But they also have a Sinfonia Orchestra. When we went to her concert at the end of October, they each played 1/2 the concert and they each were all strings so I was a bit confused. And then I forgot to ask her the difference after the concert :blush:

ETA: tag
  • Options
    Thanks, Samantha ( @trithone ). My oldest granddaughter ( 17 yrs old ) plays violin in her high school Philharmonic Orchestra. But they also have a Sinfonia Orchestra. When we went to her concert at the end of October, they each played 1/2 the concert and they each were all strings so I was a bit confused. And then I forgot to ask her the difference after the concert :blush:

I think I'd have been fairly confused too. :p
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• Options

In that case it is possible that one is higher level than the other. Schools do that sometimes - split the students according to level or grade. I played violin in my younger years. The high school's "string ensemble" was all strings, but for the lower-level students. The "orchestra" was for higher-level students and did more competitions and concerts. They have to come up with different names for the ensembles, so that might be the difference between their Sinfonia and their Philharmonic.

• Options
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24ish hours. Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes comes up soon at its best discount. Street Couture - Kids and Teens, Through the Spy Glass, and Glitter and Glam Bedroom also make their best discount appearances. Happy Shopping!

417 ) Palace of Versailles / 1055 / 1342 / 21% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, # 350)

418 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 570 / 1987 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 357, # 138)

419 ) Gamma Green Thumb Plant / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Atomic Age Living and Dining; November 2011 Compilation Set

420 ) 8-Bits of Screaming Awesomeness / 17 / 50 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Level Up Collection; Man Cave Compilation

421 ) Peter's Safari Mobile / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wilderness Dreaming; Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010

422 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 225 / 475 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 402, # 504, # 276)

423 ) Luxe Lounge Spa / 205 / 473 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 166, but less than # 852, # 609, # 590, # 61)

424 ) A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set / 468 / 1250 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 689, # 576, but less than # 551)

425 ) Through the Spy Glass / 247 / 601 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 843, # 875, # 211)

426 ) Woven Wicker Baskets / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

427 ) Safer than Safe End Table / 17 / 50 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

428 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 232 / 401 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 137, # 254)

429 ) II-Stand Corkboard / 10 / 28 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Drats! I missed Daily Deals # 409, the Goddess Tank, and # 410, the Bandana hair, this morning. And I needed the latter to lower my CYS for the Quaint Cottage Collection! I dismissed my alarm one time, then rolled over on top of my phone and muffled the following alarms. :D Did everyone else get what they were waiting for today?

Now I'm waiting to take advantage of Daily Deals # 420, 8-Bits of Screaming Awesomeness, and # 428, Glitter and Glam Bedroom, later today. And I'm really hoping to get my CYS low enough on that set to have enough SimPoints left over to be able to pick up # 455, The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire, on Nov. 12th! As I shared on another thread, I'm really looking forward to getting it because as a kid I was in orchestra and I've always been interested in archery! But without spending anything, at this point, I'm still 108 points shy of being able to afford it. Here's to hoping I can farm enough ads by then! B)

As anxious as I am for Daily Deal #455, I was even more anxious for the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes and the PC content that accompanied it. I was so eager for it, in fact, that I paid 1510 SimPoints to have it in my game! :# Ahem ... that was before I discovered this thread and learned about the Rotation, CYS, and Cascades.
    trithone wrote: »
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24ish hours. Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes comes up soon at its best discount.

418 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 570 / 1987 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 357, # 138)

Whoops!
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    While I know owning the Store is kind of a badge of honor, @Me1620, @angeljess, and @ajaxpost, I kind of wish you didn't own it. That's because your help has been invaluable, and I want so badly to gift you guys something! Alas, you have no Wishlists. So now I'm trying to brainstorm how else I can thank you for all you do!

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Drats! I missed Daily Deals # 409, the Goddess Tank, and # 410, the Bandana hair, this morning. And I needed the latter to lower my CYS for the Quaint Cottage Collection! I dismissed my alarm one time, then rolled over on top of my phone and muffled the following alarms. :D Did everyone else get what they were waiting for today?

Now I'm waiting to take advantage of Daily Deals # 420, 8-Bits of Screaming Awesomeness, and # 428, Glitter and Glam Bedroom, later today. And I'm really hoping to get my CYS low enough on that set to have enough SimPoints left over to be able to pick up # 455, The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire, on Nov. 12th! As I shared on another thread, I'm really looking forward to getting it because as a kid I was in orchestra and I've always been interested in archery! But without spending anything, at this point, I'm still 108 points shy of being able to afford it. Here's to hoping I can farm enough ads by then! B)
    Oops! :( Oh, I think quite a few of us have missed a deal because of being too sleepy, getting the time wrong, not being fast enough clicking the Buy button, Internet going down at precisely the wrong time ... oh, the ways we have found to frustrate our desires! But, then, we would come here, share our tales of missed deals and be heartened by all the virtual hugs from our DD friends. :)

Oh, and cookies too! :cookie:

Good luck with your plans for the up-coming deals.
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    While I know owning the Store is kind of a badge of honor, @Me1620, @angeljess, and @ajaxpost, I kind of wish you didn't own it. That's because your help has been invaluable, and I want so badly to gift you guys something! Alas, you have no Wishlists. So now I'm trying to brainstorm how else I can thank you for all you do!
    That is so very kind of you to say. To be honest, and I think Jodi and Jess will agree, knowing that we have been able to help even one fellow Simmer is reward enough. I found this quote which pretty much describes why I love to share what knowledge I have “Giving feels fantastic and for there to be a Giver, there must be a Receiver, so allowing yourself to receive is an act of love.

There was a wonderful thread on the Gifting forum last year that found a way to return gifts to those without wishlists: The Gift of Creation Game. Unfortunately the host @NagyGina who was very proactive in encouraging participation left the forum and it kind of run out of steam :(

That said, just keep telling is of your successes (and near misses!) so that we can share in your excitement.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    That is so very kind of you to say. To be honest, and I think Jodi and Jess will agree, knowing that we have been able to help even one fellow Simmer is reward enough.
    ^ Agree 100%.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top