Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @JovialJoy, this was the third board. First didn't work properly. I broke the second. This third one wouldn't even start. Gotta decide whether to try another vendor or just hold out and save up for a new system. What's tough is that I have the money in the bank, but that is supposed to be savings, and I am really going to try and keep it that way, which means saving up for a new system before actually buying it.

That decision would be easier if the store would behave since with the store acting up I can't install any of the Worlds I've bought on disk. I get a message about not being able to verify the license or some such. Which means Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay and Dragon Valley are all unavailable to me. But my store content downloads just fine. So I figure I'll just play with what I've got for now and hope that the game will stay relatively stable for me.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited November 2016
    @kellycot1 good to see you here again
    @bekkasan good to see you as well
    Post edited by angeljess26 on
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    rnramey wrote: »
    Happy Belated Birthday, @Nonsequitorian. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Oh my gosh, thank you! I haven't been on much, so belated thanks!

Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    I love this thread! Even though it's not about the DD, I knew I could come here, read the latest posts, and learn what to do about the fact that the store seems to be down.

Thank you to all the many people who work so hard to keep this thread running!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    edited November 2016
    Here is the current deal and the list of the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. Highlight of this list is the green deal, or best price on the DD for the venue World of Wonder Carousel Collection.

Current Deal
    337 ) Aims Co. Choc-O-Falls Fountain / 125 / 545 / 77% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 769, # 902)

Upcoming deals
    338 ) Hibiscus Trio / 250 / 405 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hibiscus Trio is not part of any set or compilation (Hibiscus with Blue Flowers is included in Quaint Cottage Collection)
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

339 ) Man Cave Compilation / 1260 / 3000 / 58% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 386, # 714, but less than # 336)

340 ) Runway Riot / 742 / 1400 / 47% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 123, # 517, but less than # 631)

341 ) Animal Friends Girl’s End Table / 22 / 45 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

342 ) The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc. / 259 / 693 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 969, but less than # 553)

343 ) World of Wonder Carousel Collection / 969 / 1900 / 49% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 578)

344 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cottage Window / 56 / 89 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation; Quaint Cottage Collection

345 ) Live, Laugh, Love / 728 / 1953 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 784 but less than # 561)

346 ) Lollypop Lollygagger Chair / 37 / 42 / 12% / 2 hours
    Part of: Through the Spy Glass; Fortune's Folly Compilation

347 ) Futureshock Living / 726 / 1072 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 872, # 180 but less than # 562)

348 ) Cloud Dress / 23 / 50 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wild Wears; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    Back to zero ads. :(

Edit: Ads are back, but login is still really unpredictable here.
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    My ads are broken, meaning they won't play. However, this is a good thing since they still pay... as soon as you click the play button.
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Back to zero ads. :(

Me too. It was good while it lasted :( .
  • Options
    Kittycata87Kittycata87 Posts: 20 New Member
    I'm not seeing any ads either. I wish they'd make some sort of official post about this, not knowing what's going on is stressful!
  • Options
    Ads are still working sporadically for me. Same with sign in. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Well I hope the Store cooperates enough that everyone who needs the World of Wonder Carousel Collection is able to get it on the Daily Deal. Thankfully, I was able to pick up mine without any problems. And this is a Venue I've been pretty excited to check out!
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Site logged me out, BUT, I was able to buy World of Wonder first!!! Yay!!!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Site logged me out, BUT, I was able to buy World of Wonder first!!! Yay!!!
    Yay! Excellent Result, congrats.

I haven't played with the carousel itself but the little popcorn carts and, especially the big time top roof and wall pieces are wonderfully versatile options for any builder. :)

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have a pic of my sims on the carousel for you:

screenshot_original.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Yay! Got the carousel while I was at work tonight! I've missed it a couple of times already, and I told myself I'm not missing it again! :D
    I'm so glad there's good wi fi where I work!
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited November 2016
    You said to let you know how it went @Me1620 and @Scotsim. Well, I got the Cinema using the March 2013 compilation. I was able to grab Live, Laugh, Love for the green download button (thanks to some very generous gifters and back when MMAO worked) and I had grabbed the theatre screen during a sale so it cost me pretty much what you guys said it would, all together just under 1000 sp. Thanks for the advice and gifts to everyone who helped me get it. I only have four sets to go before all that I need will be individual items. And a few of exclusive MMAO items but at this point they are somewhat unattainable, at least they are for me. Maybe some day. Thank you all for helping me get this far! :heart::cookie::heart:
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I am Missing out on things because it won't let me log in. I've tried different browsers, cleared history, ect, nothing. I can log in to the launcher and origin, and the exchange had me logged in, but not the store. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off because A. its my birthday so I got some cash to burn and B. I missed out on the world of wonder and I'm missing out on the live, laugh love. I bought 2 worlds today, I'd like to play with what I got.
  • Options
    Is there anything you guys have bought on the Daily Deal, just because you're endeavoring to own the Store, that you kind of hated spending Sim Points on? Recently, for me, it was the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (Aka The Cow Plant) and the Show Stopping Styles Collection. The former is especially way outside of my style of Simming, but it really hurt how much the latter one cost and that it wasn't CYS eligible.

• Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Is there anything you guys have bought on the Daily Deal, just because you're endeavoring to own the Store, that you kind of hated spending Sim Points on?
    Yes. A few clothes items that are meh to me, but they were cheap and I could start a cascade. Also the farmers market (Al Fresco I think.) I was pretty meh on it, but it was cheap and i had the points. I debate this alot, whether I should get things just because they are on sale. Especially if it's something I know I won't get much play with. I actually go back and forth if I want to own the store or not.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    The store also worked for a few minutes for me so I also got the World of Wonders! Don't know how to get it in game as it says I need to log in every time I do something, but let's see about that later ;) . My next set will be on DD on November 11, so I have to be patient for a while! Can't believe I own all DD-items until then!

Yes, that cow plant I own but never use @JovialJoy but I believe in my case it helped to finish a set or 2? Long time ago for me so I'm not sure :p. Maybe you should check!
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    The cow plant is fun but not for all play styles. It can be a quick and dirty replacement for Ambrosia, or an easy way to kill targeted Sims (ie Gold diggers love it!). Certain traits are resistant to it, though.
  • Options
    Kittycata87Kittycata87 Posts: 20 New Member
    Well I hope the Store cooperates enough that everyone who needs the World of Wonder Carousel Collection is able to get it on the Daily Deal. Thankfully, I was able to pick up mine without any problems. And this is a Venue I've been pretty excited to check out!
    It didn't work for me. I stayed up late to get it and the store just kept logging me out every time I tried to buy it. Really getting annoyed with this now.
  • Options
    I debate this alot, whether I should get things just because they are on sale. Especially if it's something I know I won't get much play with. I actually go back and forth if I want to own the store or not.
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Yes, that cow plant I own but never use @JovialJoy but I believe in my case it helped to finish a set or 2? Long time ago for me so I'm not sure :p. Maybe you should check!
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    The cow plant is fun but not for all play styles.

@Misa_wants_Pepsi, for the past year, I contemplated how much content from the Store I really wanted to own. But once I joined the Forums, and learned all of the tricks of the trade, I wanted it all! Still, there are a lot of items I don't foresee myself installing in my game. My style of gameplay is family-oriented, @AuraKnight, romance drama, and reality based. In fact, I really dislike any fantastical elements in it. And I'm not a fan of sci-fi either. (However I do really like these things outside of The Sims. Has anyone seen Stranger Things? Errrmergerd!) The only reason I'm even interested in getting some of the expansion packs and worlds is to satisfy the notion of completing my "set." Although I do really want the Premium Content in Midnight Hollow! Why did they have to make the Savvy Seller Collection available only in that world? Darn you and your marketing techniques, EA!

And yes, @Hoplass, while I loathed buying the Cow Plant, it did help me chip away at my CYS for a compilation that will eventually get me the Stones Throw Greenhouse for free. Another painful purchase in that endeavor will be Lord Vladamir's Cauldron. I have no interest in owning that whatsoever.

But who knows, maybe I'll find myself engaged in challenges that require this content that I never even anticipated I'd install!

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hoplass wrote: »
    The store also worked for a few minutes for me so I also got the World of Wonders! Don't know how to get it in game as it says I need to log in every time I do something, but let's see about that later ;) . My next set will be on DD on November 11, so I have to be patient for a while! Can't believe I own all DD-items until then!

Yay, @Hoplass! :cookie: So glad you were able to snag that Deal. And way to go on the progress--sounds like you're getting closer to owning the store.

I'm picking up a few single items this week, to help me with Cascades, and three sets: Beach Bummin', Everyday - Hot Summer Days, and Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads. And the last one in that list should be "free!" B)

Unfortunately, after that, I'm not sure what SPs I'll have left to take advantage of deals! The ads just aren't coming in.

• Options
    It didn't work for me. I stayed up late to get it and the store just kept logging me out every time I tried to buy it. Really getting annoyed with this now.

Oh no! I'm sorry, @Kittycata87. :s It is really frustrating. I keep wondering when MMAO will start working again...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top