Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    Remember that "Redeem Free Simpoints" button that was showing for awhile on the Sims Store Account page? It just appeared on my Store Account again. I got another free 1000 points!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited December 2015
    That's an awesome idea @Me1620 :)

I believe it was Tahera that created the museum but I could wrong. I'm on my phone and can't really check.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Remember that "Redeem Free Simpoints" button that was showing for awhile on the Sims Store Account page? It just appeared on my Store Account again. I got another free 1000 points!

That's insane! I've never even heard of that happening before! :scream:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Morning! Jodi (@Me1620) I love the idea and will poke thru my bookmarks to see what would be helpful. Definitely Erin's simdex and @frozenorangejuic's compendium. I have used both extensively with building my world. Also consider adding this one as it has some wonderful history of the DD members builds, as well as great hints and tips for newbies learning to build or take pics. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/701677/dwellings-destinations-designs-a-creation-sharing-thread-formerly-ddsba/p1

Could add the DD Museum (dedicated to the great DD Stalking Thread). Although I have this museum lot in my game, I can't find the Exchange entry for it any more. Do you remember?

My memory stinks, so I can't even recall whose lot it is. @ajaxpost @frozenorangejuic @kellycot1 ?

Is This What You Are looking for @Nonsequitorian
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8597518
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Assirk it happened a few months back
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2015
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Proposed New DD Thread

I would like to propose that we begin a new "Current DD" thread and I would like to offer to host it. This thread is very lengthy. Excellent information is getting lost within the 1000 plus pages or is repeated many times.

If no one objects to having a new thread or me hosting, I would like to start the new thread in a few days.
    A most excellent idea Jodi! :star:

We have gathered so much information over the years it will be great to have it all compiled and organised in a fresh new easy to find and use thread - and you my dear are the ideal person to lead it! **
    Morning! Jodi (@Me1620) I love the idea and will poke thru my bookmarks to see what would be helpful. Definitely Erin's simdex and @frozenorangejuic's compendium. I have used both extensively with building my world. Also consider adding this one as it has some wonderful history of the DD members builds, as well as great hints and tips for newbies learning to build or take pics. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/701677/dwellings-destinations-designs-a-creation-sharing-thread-formerly-ddsba/p1
    I agree with Sandi that a link to some fabulous hints and inspiration would be a wonderful nod to the incredible history of the DD Stalker community - though may I suggest that the TS3 forum version might be better (or added as an alternative) as the new version has lost a lot of the formatting - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/701677.page

Could add the DD Museum (dedicated to the great DD Stalking Thread). Although I have this museum lot in my game, I can't find the Exchange entry for it any more. Do you remember?

My memory stinks, so I can't even recall whose lot it is. @ajaxpost @frozenorangejuic @kellycot1 ?
    I do indeed remember it, and even managed to find it again! It was created by @Tahera, I haven't explored it properly but it even as just a museum it is a beautiful build: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8597518

** Y'know, I hate to say "I told you so" but, Jodi, do you remember when you first created the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet and how you baulked at my description:
    The wonderfully organised @Me1620 has taken DD stalking to whole new level of efficiency by creating one of the most useful spreadsheets in the entire history of spreadsheets!

... well, I was clearly right! And thank you so much for your continued awesomeness and support of the DD threads when some of us (like me!) have become part-timers.

Edit: Doh! Ninja'd by @HBSIMSTER! :) Good skills!
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Edit: Doh! Ninja'd by @HBSIMSTER! :) Good skills!
    Nah, Just In the right place at the Right Time & Tahera Is a friend of mine ;) HUGS!!!

• Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member

Nice. I still haven't seen it even once. xD Extra points for gifting!
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    HBSIMSTER wrote: »

Yep, and @ajaxpost was on top of it too. I guess I should learn to use that "favorites" button lol!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    So, if there is a helpful thread or database or something somewhere... that tells you where to find items in-game, once you own them, that would be a nice thing to include.

x_x; I spent the last half an hour looking for Xmas decorations in-game, and failed to find any presents, xmas trees, and only 2 or 3 decorations, even though I KNOW I've installed many more than that. D:
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    We have gathered so much information over the years it will be great to have it all compiled and organised in a fresh new easy to find and use thread - and you my dear are the ideal person to lead it! **
    Thank you Adrian. I will be following in the footsteps of our most excellent past hosts. I will be checking back through my bookmarks to borrow from the threads you hosted.
    ... I love the idea and will poke thru my bookmarks to see what would be helpful.
    Please do look through bookmarks and as Adrian suggests, provide links to both the TS3 forum and the current forum. Don't limit your links to threads. I know there are some informative, and some fun, posts that I feel we may want to link to as well. I know I want to hunt for all those greats songs that DDers have composed.
    ** Y'know, I hate to say "I told you so" but, Jodi, do you remember when you first created the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet and how you baulked at my description:
    The wonderfully organised @Me1620 has taken DD stalking to whole new level of efficiency by creating one of the most useful spreadsheets in the entire history of spreadsheets!
    ... well, I was clearly right! And thank you so much for your continued awesomeness and support of the DD threads when some of us (like me!) have become part-timers.
    I still remember and I still have to baulk. I hide my disorganised OE behind my simself and spreadsheet.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    Ktarian wrote: »
    So, if there is a helpful thread or database or something somewhere... that tells you where to find items in-game, once you own them, that would be a nice thing to include.

x_x; I spent the last half an hour looking for Xmas decorations in-game, and failed to find any presents, xmas trees, and only 2 or 3 decorations, even though I KNOW I've installed many more than that. D:
    @Ktarian - Crinrict S3S browser does have that information. For example, I looked up More Holiday Presents and found "Holiday Tree". I used the search for item function in Crinrict's browser and found that the tree is found in a number of spots in Floor lamps. Floor lamps can be found in various sections Decor - Misc - Floor lamps and in all the various rooms under floor lamps. The in-game buy catalogue is sorted by price, from lowest to highest, of the item in simoleons that the Sims pay. The tree is 395 simoleons. So, in any of the floor lamp sections keep browsing until you get to the lamps costing over 300 simoleons and you should find the tree.

Happy Holiday Presents has Winter Wall Wreath. From Crinrict's browser, I found it costs 60 simoleons and can be found in Decor - Misc; Bathroom - Accents; Dining Room - Misc decoration; or Nursery - kids decoration.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 25 hours. There are no green deals in this section of the spreadsheet, but there are quite a few white (once-on-the-rotation) deals. If you look at the "Part of" listing under each deal here you can see if it is a set you are working towards. Some of the yellow (medium-discount) deals aren't too bad either, so you may be able to snag a green download button if your CYS is high enough on a particular set. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal (as of 2pm UTC):
    481 ) Snap and Sprint Shoes / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals:
    482 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- The Royal Treatment Towel Rack / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set

483 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 264 / 600 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 521, but less than # 775)

484 ) Regency Arcade / 867 / 1683 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 542, # 494)

485 ) Table End Table / 15 / 50 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

This is not from the JCP set. It was sold the month before the JCP set. However, this dress was recolored and offered in the free JCP set.
    486 ) Bohemian Dress / 42 / 75 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

487 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 880 / 1277 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 620, # 683, # 155)

488 ) Show Stopping Styles Collection / 703 / 1573 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Seeing Stars
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 330, but less than # 772, # 596)

489 ) Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining / 490 / 1265 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2012 Compilation

490 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 118 / 180 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 304, # 966, but less than # 108)

491 ) Infinite Curtains / 26 / 61 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hewnsman Bedroom Set; Full Hewnsman Set

492 ) Ultra Sleeptron Bed / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Boys' Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

493 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Stained Glass Sophistication Window / 44 / 90 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

494 ) Regency Arcade / 748 / 1683 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 542, but less than # 484)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Hey everybody! I've been really busy with school and had some health problems that have taken away all my simming time so it's been a while since I've been around. I didn't play at all for like two months! :worried: And haven't checked the forums either. Congrats to anyone who has joined the Own the Store Club in my absence.

I think the new thread is a great idea, and thanks for including my compendium.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @frozenorangejuic ::hugs:: nice to see you and hope you get to relax some with the winter break. Love your compendium. It was awesome in making the decisions of which rabbit holes I wanted.
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    I own the When Worlds Collide collection, which has all the items from A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer set - which in turn has the Mid-Century Modern Bedroom, MCM Bathroom, and the MCM Bed and Bath set (which in turn has all the items from the Bedroom and Bathroom sets) - and The Final Frontier set in which is nested the Futureshock Loft Collection and the Not So Routine Machine PC item. I'm noticing an oddity and I'm wondering if anyone else has this happen, and if so what did you do (if anything) to fix it.

So when I go to the set pages, I have the individual download button for all these sets:
    • When Worlds Collide
    • The Final Frontier
    • The Futureshock Loft
    • The Not So Routine Machine
    • A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer

But when I go to the set pages for Mid-Century Modern Bedroom, Mid-Century Modern Bathroom, or Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set, I don't have the download button. The store doesn't register that I own the Bathroom set, which I found out by noticing that on the Weekly Sales the bathroom (which is on sale right now) doesn't show that I own it. So no green download button; instead I get a green "buy me" button.

Does anyone know of a tip or trick that will fix this issue?
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    I own the When Worlds Collide collection, which has all the items from A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer set - which in turn has the Mid-Century Modern Bedroom, MCM Bathroom, and the MCM Bed and Bath set (which in turn has all the items from the Bedroom and Bathroom sets) - and The Final Frontier set in which is nested the Futureshock Loft Collection and the Not So Routine Machine PC item. I'm noticing an oddity and I'm wondering if anyone else has this happen, and if so what did you do (if anything) to fix it.

So when I go to the set pages, I have the individual download button for all these sets:
    • When Worlds Collide
    • The Final Frontier
    • The Futureshock Loft

But when I go to the set pages for Mid-Century Modern Bedroom, Mid-Century Modern Bathroom, or Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set, I don't have the download button. The store doesn't register that I own the Bathroom set, which I found out by noticing that on the Weekly Sales the bathroom (which is on sale right now) doesn't show that I own it. So no green download button; instead I get a green "buy me" button.

Try logging out, and logging back in to your account. :)
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hi guys!

Since The Sims 3 store won't be open forever, is there a way I can save my items in a folder of some sort so I can have it forever for when the store does close?

Thank you! <3
    I became an

: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Apologies for my tardiness today! Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 20 hours. There is a lot of red and yellow in this portion of the spreadsheet, but also a few white deals that are parts of other sets. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal (as of 6:50 pm UTC):
    495 ) Grandpa's Grove / 665 / 1710 / 61% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 640, but less than # 674)

Upcoming Deals:
    496 ) Old Town: Starter Kit / 230 / 365 / 37% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but some items are part of Quaint Cottage Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 60, # 633, # 676)

This is a 3-hour deal
    497 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 240 / 552 / 57% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 546, # 149, # 579, but less than # 160)

498 ) BahHaus / 554 / 1350 / 59% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 204, but less than # 186)

499 ) Ultimate Fridge / 54 / 99 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

500 ) You Spin My Time / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 760 but same as # 265)

501 ) Turtle Island Rug / 17 / 54 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

502 ) Homecoming / 1121 / 1900 / 41% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 11, # 32)

503 ) Goddess Contemporary Capri / 26 / 50 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Date Night

504 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 330 / 475 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 422, # 402, but less than # 276)

505 ) Ultramodern End Table by D. Kyle / 18 / 55 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teen Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited December 2015
    Franny wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Since The Sims 3 store won't be open forever, is there a way I can save my items in a folder of some sort so I can have it forever for when the store does close?

Thank you! <3

Yes, you can back up your store downloads to a disk or flash drive or whatever so you don't have to redownload them. I've backed mine up to a dvd. Then you can just add what you want back to your game from you back up.

• When Worlds Collide
    • The Final Frontier
    • The Futureshock Loft

I think I know what you are talking about. When Worlds Collide is not CYS enabled. Even if you own everything from the set, you won't have a download button for the set unless you buy it. You would be buying everything twice if you decided to buy the set. Costumer service might fix it for you.
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    I think I know what you are talking about. When Worlds Collide is not CYS enabled. Even if you own everything from the set, you won't have a download button for the set unless you buy it. You would be buying everything twice if you decided to buy the set. Costumer service might fix it for you.

Thank you! I'll try to contact them tomorrow and find out. I didn't want to have to buy the set twice... seemed like a total waste to me.
  • Options
    @wittanthony1 - Is there a thread that has directions as to how to back it up?
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    @Franny wait I don't understand. So you lose all of the items that you bought when the store disappears?! :scream:
    Cascade Thread
  • Options
    Assirk wrote: »
    @Franny wait I don't understand. So you lose all of the items that you bought when the store disappears?! :scream:

I'm afraid so. The items you don't already have downloaded, you'll lose when the store closes if I'm not mistaken.
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    Franny wrote: »
    Assirk wrote: »

I'm afraid so. The items you don't already have downloaded, you'll lose when the store closes if I'm not mistaken.

Oh my gosh! :scream: That's horrible! Is there news that the store is closing down soon?
    Cascade Thread
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top