Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2021 Pack Speculation

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    There might be an issue with the game that's keeping them from adding ghosts to CAS.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There might be an issue with the game that's keeping them from adding ghosts to CAS.
    The issue might be laziness. /jk
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

They do need to have the graphics and so on set up for it
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »

So very true!
    And as for Gordy's comment. It very well could be laziness.
  • Options

So very true!

In the circumstances, they might feel like Ghosts would need new special traits the way other Occults gain with strength, but ultimately a lot of the tough graphical work is done. Mustly they need an interface for it in CAS, but even if Ghosts are OPed, it's not as if Sims 4 is a multi-player game. Part of the Interface would mean choosing your Sim's death and base power.

I'd understand if they didn't want to let us create Toddler Ghosts because that would be weird, but people play with Ghosts so much anyway and Children become ghosts as is.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

So very true!

In the circumstances, they might feel like Ghosts would need new special traits the way other Occults gain with strength, but ultimately a lot of the tough graphical work is done. Mustly they need an interface for it in CAS, but even if Ghosts are OPed, it's not as if Sims 4 is a multi-player game. Part of the Interface would mean choosing your Sim's death and base power.

I'd understand if they didn't want to let us create Toddler Ghosts because that would be weird, but people play with Ghosts so much anyway and Children become ghosts as is.
    That's pretty much why I had said that there might be an issue with the game that's prevents them from adding ghosts to CAS, regardless of a sim's age. Now I know that ghosts can be fun to play with in the game because they can do things that normal sims can't do. I know this because I too had played with at least one ghost in one of my sim families. But having ghosts in CAS might be easier said than done.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

I'd understand if they didn't want to let us create Toddler Ghosts because that would be weird

Oh. Okay.
    innocent-panda_fb_637246.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Based off on the recent hints I see them giving as a medieval expansion(medieval grimm and death pitt simmie) and a werewolf pack (werewolf teeth in the recent patch). Also, hotels or resorts( bellhop simmie).
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Based off on the recent hints I see them giving as a medieval expansion(medieval grimm and death pitt simmie) and a werewolf pack (werewolf teeth in the recent patch). Also, hotels or resorts( bellhop simmie).

That'ld go hand by hand with my wishes! But what hints?
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    [quote="kostasmpi;c-17781764"]Based off on the recent hints I see them giving as a medieval expansion(medieval grimm and death pitt simmie) and a werewolf pack (werewolf teeth in the recent patch). Also, hotels or resorts( bellhop simmie).[/quote]

Medieval/historical expansion would be awesome but if they do this I just hope I don’t end up with a load of historical townies wandering around my present day lots.

Into the Future did a good job of keeping the future and present separate so fingers crossed they implement it like that.
  • Options
    I think the Devs are going to try and make the most of their new emotion. I think they were holding back because it wasn't possible for Sims to be 'Scared' but now they CAN be scared, scary things can happen.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

If that's the case, I'd expect that to be a UI issue - you'd need a new UI element to choose the cause of death.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Updated wishes:
    SP: Paranormal (January)
    GP 1: Dragons (March-April)
    EP 1: Farming (June)
    GP 2: Werewolves (September)
    EP 2: Showtime, featuring music & bands(November)

I also really want zombies and fairies, but I'd like werewolves because they're the most different from what we already have in the game.

I would say fairies in March/April to match the Spring/Flower Blossom season
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

That'ld go hand by hand with my wishes! But what hints?

The hints are mentioned within the parentheses. They are mostly in the simmie capsules from the vending machine in snowy escape. Of course it could just be wishful thinking on my part because I really want it to be true. The medieval part though has been hinted as well in the past in pics posted by the simgurus, that i do not have.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Good lord, if this year gave us both Fairies, Werewolves and medieval stuff/clothing packs, that would be beyond anything I'd dared to hope for.

Been thinking more and more how they'd implement Ghost creations in CaS, considering it could happen to Sims of different ages, and Occult Sims.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I just want freed babies, hotels/resorts we can put anywhere and can build ourselves, a wedding update (stuff pack or game pack with hotels), and I’d like them to finally patch in the ability to rent homes instead of buying them because that’s not realistic for me (also surprised there isn’t a mod for it yet :/)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Fingers crossed for some type of Morocco-themed world pack that features playable genies.
  • Options
    Good lord, if this year gave us both Fairies, Werewolves and medieval stuff/clothing packs, that would be beyond anything I'd dared to hope for.

Been thinking more and more how they'd implement Ghost creations in CaS, considering it could happen to Sims of different ages, and Occult Sims.

But then us Occult types wouldn't need to stick around any longer.

And I think Fairies do deserve a solid Game Pack.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > But then us Occult types wouldn't need to stick around any longer.
    >
    > And I think Fairies do deserve a solid Game Pack.
    I'm open for almost anything that gives us a fleshed out Occult Sim. Heck, I love family play for my Occult Sims and mixing them with normal Sims, so just let the Occult ones come.

Darn, the mere idea of what they *might* do keeps me coming back. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Thanks for the chart! My ideas on packs are all around New worlds ... unpopular opinion but I don’t mind the worlds not being open if there’s world variety... thought there was a survey not long ago voting for S African city, Scottish Highland, Greek Island etc different countries, any or all of them in packs would be excellent (that aren’t just vacation lots).

Also Generations (to build on parenthood pack) , Farming, music (bands) and horses would be appreciated ... like the past sims games, more family based gameplay
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If resorts isn't the next gamepack I'm hoping a romance expansion will be. We haven't had a romance pack since Sims 2. We're way over due.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

I've not played since the patch updated - where are the werewolf teeth? Are they a new item?

• Options

If that's the case, I'd expect that to be a UI issue - you'd need a new UI element to choose the cause of death.
    Possibly!
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I'm excited if they're really doing werewolves, but I don't want to wait until the end of the year. Besides, I'm in the southern hemisphere, so Autumn/Winter (March-August) would do well for werewolves for me.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If resorts isn't the next gamepack I'm hoping a romance expansion will be. We haven't had a romance pack since Sims 2. We're way over due.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please