Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2021 Pack Speculation

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited January 2021
    I guess it's safe to say that we're getting nothing in October and nothing in April.

Possible GPs/EPs:
    KPOP/Music related pack (Most likely)
    School/Teens pack (More of a hope than a guess)
    Werewolves (Based on popular demand)
    Romance pack (Again, more of a hope than a guess)
    Something nobody asked for

Even if it's something I'm hoping for, I'm still skeptical that it'll be good, considering that Snowy Escape was my dream pack and EA still managed to make it one of my least favorite packs.
  • simstarmatthewsimstarmatthew Posts: 10 New Member
    Im pretty sure there’s a GamePack coming that is music repeated. EA just announced partnerships with two international musicians.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited January 2021
    Let me be clear, I'm posting this as something of a joke. It's something I'd find amusing, but I know a lot of other people would be angry with it.
    This is not a serious suggestion, don't get mad at Maxis/EA/the Guru's for my silly idea

What if they do a Family Centered/Generations EP - and that's where they include Werewolves, going with the more modern, family oriented understanding that we now have of wolves and wolf packs.

(Sorry, the Alpha wolf junk science is Outdated, Wrong, Toxic, Dangerous to wolves in the wild and needs to go)

I wouldn't have put the disclaimer in, but I've seen far too many posts where people freak out over something that was in jest or quickly debunked
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Let me be clear, I'm posting this as something of a joke. It's something I'd find amusing, but I know a lot of other people would be angry with it.
    This is not a serious suggestion, don't get mad at Maxis/EA/the Guru's for my silly idea

What if they do a Family Centered/Generations EP - and that's where they include Werewolves, going with the more modern, family oriented understanding that we now have of wolves and wolf packs.

(Sorry, the Alpha wolf junk science is Outdated, Wrong, Toxic, Dangerous to wolves in the wild and needs to go)

I wouldn't have put the disclaimer in, but I've seen far too many posts where people freak out over something that was in jest or quickly debunked

I actually agree with this part. I’ve had enough of the alpha werewolf bad boy stories on Wattpad.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Im pretty sure there’s a GamePack coming that is music repeated. EA just announced partnerships with two international musicians.

Prehaps the 2nd GP Later this year. I think the first will be a Resorts GP.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I've never played Aurora Skies, but it looks amazing! I definitely wouldn't mind getting a similar world!

It is amazing. The only thing I didn't like about AS is that it was too dark even at noon when the sun was at it's brightest.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I've never played Aurora Skies, but it looks amazing! I definitely wouldn't mind getting a similar world!

It is amazing. The only thing I didn't like about AS is that it was too dark even at noon when the sun was at it's brightest.
    The thing is if it's to bright outside, then you wouldn't be able to see the Aurora and all it's colors in great detail. So they had to make Aurora Skies a little less bright, even at noon.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2021
    My dream packs would be:

SP in February: Nursery stuff and improved babies.
    EP in June: Vegas, gambling, acrobats, performers. Includes romantic stuff.
    GP in September: FairyTales. Not just fairies. Whimsy, princess like build buy, gingerbread houses, and medieval clothes.
    EP in November: World Music in an African Savannah world with international instruments. Includes dancing.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope so much we get a baby update in January!!!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I hope so much we get a baby update in January!!!

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm just naively optimistic that we'll get Happy Haunts that was the second runner up from the last community create stuff pack. We haven't had occults again in a while. I'm also hoping to get werewolves so that we have the big 3 in game (Vampires, Witches and Werewolves).
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    SP in January/February
    GP in March
    EP in June
    SP in August
    GP in September
    EP in November

As for the themes I have no idea. I do keep wondering with the latest K-pop collabs if this may be a hint towards a pack. Not that this is something I am interested in but it feels like with these collabs what they did with Moschino before that SP was announced so I am expecting something music related at somepoint.
  • mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    @KathMHughes love the idea of a music pack being focused on Africa! So much of South, Central, and North American music (and consequently dance, pop, and rock around the world that builds on those idioms) has its roots in West Africa. It would be really cool to see a different, less US-focused look at a music pack.
  • simstarmatthewsimstarmatthew Posts: 10 New Member
    I was hoping for a Nashville themed world for music but I find that unlikely. Or even Seattle
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I was hoping for a Nashville themed world for music but I find that unlikely. Or even Seattle

has painful flashbacks to when Grunge sounded the death knell of Glam
    <- was on team Glam Rock

Chicago has a nice Blues scene... Nice music scene in general, really... (but I don't need a Chicago based world. San Myshuno works well enough.)
    If we get cars in an update I'd love a car stuffpack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Hey all you Fanasy/Occult players it's our turn this year. Remember, 2015/2017/2019? It's now 2021,yipee! B)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Hey all you Fanasy/Occult players it's our turn this year. Remember, 2015/2017/2019? It's now 2021,yipee! B)

Werewolves, please!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think our first pack will be Stuff Pack, our Game Pack will be Music, and our Expansion Pack will be Horses.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I have no clue what the packs will be but this is what I'm wishing for,

Baby or Teen stuff pack

Hobbies or Romantic game pack

Generations expansion
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24

Baby or Teen stuff pack

Generations expansion
    None of us have any real clue as to what the next pack is, what it's theme is, or when it will be release. But it's still early 2021 yet, and early January. So we should see something on the next pack this week or next week. That's if the rumors of a pack coming this month are true, and that they are still planning to release one this month.
    sunman502 wrote: »

Baby or Teen stuff pack

Generations expansion
    None of us have any real clue as to what the next pack is, what it's theme is, or when it will be release. But it's still early 2021 yet, and early January. So we should see something on the next pack this week or next week. That's if the rumors of a pack coming this month are true, and that they are still planning to release one this month.

I feel pretty confinate that the leaked stuffpack will release in Late January with an announcement this week or next. Tiny Living was announced the 2nd week of January and came out around the 24th.

Baby or Teen stuff pack

Generations expansion

I feel pretty confinate that the leaked stuffpack will release in Late January with an announcement this week or next. Tiny Living was announced the 2nd week of January and came out around the 24th.
    Same here! I feel pretty confident too! I mean so far all the leaked stuff about packs have been proven to be true so far, with in the last year or two. But I'm also open to the possibility that this all might just be a rumor too. The next 2 weeks will tell the tale if there will be a pack coming out later on this month.

Baby or Teen stuff pack

Generations expansion

Same here! I feel pretty confident too! I mean so far all the leaked stuff about packs have been proven to be true so far, with in the last year or two. But I'm also open to the possibility that this all might just be a rumor too. The next 2 weeks will tell the tale if there will be a pack coming out later on this month.

The Gamepack is what im excited for whether it adds resorts or romance. Both are needed.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Just found this from an old survey:

Generations - It's time to raise a family!
    Raise your children from babies into toddlers. Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens and help them overcome the tribulations of youth.
    Create a Sims family dynasty that will last forever.

It's time for your Sims to settle down and start a family!
    Raise your children from cooing babies into rowdy toddlers, with all the fun and excitement that youngsters bring.
    Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens and help them overcome the trials and tribulations of youth.
    Help your family grow and flourish into a dynasty that will last forever.

Wow, so a Generation EP could have updated babies and preteens! That would be so great!