Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2021 Pack Speculation

I've been thinking a bit about when we might get future packs and what they might be.

I decided to start by graphing out what we got in past years:
XsCftg9.png
The last row is my speculation based off previous years. It seems that SPs and GPs alternate most years in January (the exception being 2019 when we got a GP in Feb), and since a SP dropped last January, my guess is we'll be getting a GP next month or possibly February.

Another pattern that has been around since the start of TS4 is GPs alternating between one and two a year, and being we got one last year, we may be getting two this year. Additionally, for the last three years SPs have also alternated with GPs, so my guess is we will only get one this year.

Now I'm fairly sure we will be getting an EP in June and November since that seems to be the pattern they've decided on, but as to where the SP and second GP will fall I'm less sure so I just placed them between the others.

I must add a caveat that covid might slow down pack production and we may get fewer packs than in years past because of that. If that turns out to be true than of course my guesses will be no good.

As for what they might be:
GP: Teens (in the vein of Parenthood)
SP: Something unexpected
EP: Farming
GP: Superheroes or Werewolves
EP: Something new

Please do share your ideas and speculations.

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Thank you for the chart. It’s very interesting. I’m still hoping that one of the packs will have to do with music and bands. I wouldn’t mind if it included dancing as well.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    There are some missing radio stations
    • Geek Rock
    • R&B
    • Reggae
    • Country
    • Rockabilly
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited December 2020
    Because of the leak that we're getting a new Stuff Pack (it was briefly up in the Origin Store as Stuff Pack 18), I think the stuff pack might come before the game pack.

So, based on little besides some educated guesses and my personal desires...

Nursery Stuff Pack - preceded by some form of improved babies. (Please note that this one is strictly educated guess, as I don't actually want free babies.)

Sims 4 On Tour Gamepack - Bands, maybe most of those music stations that @12JEREMIA is always asking for.

Sims 4 Back to School Expansion Pack - Expands the schooling options for kids and teens - mostly teens, adds more after school activities. Possibly even an Active School option, but you'll probably have to enroll them in a different school rather than their going to the regular ones.

Sims 4 Werewolves game pack - With an actual mosterous Wolf-Man form, and maybe a wolf form that you can customize further if you own Cats and Dogs (or use some breed of canine other than Canis Lupus for the wolf form - like the Fox)

Sims 4 Stuff we can't fit anywhere else and Hobbies - I have no clue for the other expansion pack, so something Generations like, but not actually called Generations.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think those are some pretty good predictions.

I guess I'm hoping for a bit of a strange thing but I actually don't want them to release a pack in January, I have never liked that month as a time for releasing a pack because I can imagine it must be pretty difficult for Maxis to finish the pack before and after the holiday which could result in less time for them to make the pack good.

This year we will probably see the effects of the developers working from home as well. I would not be surprised if EA still wants them to release the same amount of packs, which could result in them having to cutting corners somewhere else, like in what content that there will be in these packs.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited December 2020
    well pretending this is correct order and amount of packs

I wish it is:

GP: Romance theme
    (been hoping for it very very long time)
    I'm sure everyone could find use for one and wouldn't it just be perfect for valentines day

SP: babies, elders or teens stuff

there is kids room stuff and toddler stuff so I kind of feel they might make more lifestage centric ones at some point and well these stages do need some attention

EP: Past themed + farming + ye olde crafts
    (and perhaps dragons)
    idk i just think it would make sense to have this type of pack eventually as it would have something for everyone and in general make tons of sense

like imagine having lambs and shearing their wool to make some thread and use that to hand sew some oldy clothes yes makes sense

GP: Happy Haunts type occult pack for the starved occult players (okay just really wishful thinking here but you gotta have some for halloween season and well if its too early for this perhaps werewolves and fairies type one?

EP: perhaps music related pack? there has been lots of gossip around that for a while and i think it should be thing eventually

then again they do be pro at disappointing me so probably none of these
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was just looking over the Pack release graph that was posted above. According to the graph shown above, an EP has been released every Nov since 2016. :)
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I was just looking over the Pack release graph that was posted above. According to the graph shown above, an EP has been released every Nov since 2016. :)

Yep, just in time for Christmas ;)
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I wonder a Rock Band/Pop Group Pack will be an Expansion or a Game Pack.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    As I said in another conversation, I think they'll surprise us with a EP by the end of February or beginning of March. I don't know why, there's something telling me that they want to break the pattern this time.
    It is not set in stone about what order that they must release these packs in. They can release an EP next followed by an SP or GP. Or they can release a GP or SP next followed by an EP and so on.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited December 2020
    I hope for USEFUL gamepacks!

My speculation:
    EPs: Music Star (June), Farm Life (November)
    GP: Hotels (February), High School Life (September)
    SPs: Baby Stuff (January), Wedding Stuff (May), polls for 3rd community stuff pack starting in November 2021
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I hope for USEFUL gamepacks!

My speculation:
    EPs: Music Star (June), Farm Life (November)
    GP: Hotels (February), High School Life (September)
    SPs: Baby Stuff (January), Wedding Stuff (May), polls for 3rd community stuff pack starting in November 2021

I want all of these! I'd be over the moon if babies came in January...

But I rather want "School Life" with playable elementary school for kids too and daycare for toddlers, not specifically High School Life. Anyway, if it's High school Life, I hope teens get updated to look more like teens (smaller) or we get a new preteen life stage.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    According to the graph and rumours we are probably getting an SP in january followed by a GP and then EP in june 2021
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Guesses

January Wedding SP
    February or March Resorts GP
    June Generations Expansion
    September Look For Love GP
    November Theme Parks

2nd SP this year maybe on bedrooms probably around August.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    It is not set in stone about what order that they must release these packs in. They can release an EP next followed by an SP or GP. Or they can release a GP or SP next followed by an EP and so on.

We just got an EP in November. I'm thinking the next big pack will be a Gamepack in February or March.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    We didn't get any occults last year, and we've only been getting them every other year so far. So here's hoping they give us some, and they do them right.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Guesses

January Wedding SP
    February or March Resorts GP
    June Generations Expansion
    September Look For Love GP
    November Theme Parks

2nd SP this year maybe on bedrooms probably around August.

I would really like all of these @catloverplayer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Gordy wrote: »
    We didn't get any dragons last year, So here's hoping they give us some, and they do them right.

here i fixed it for you :wink:
    edited December 2020

We just got an EP in November. I'm thinking the next big pack will be a Gamepack in February or March.
    True, but they can still release back to back EPs. Because like I had done said in a previous post above, they have no set standard when it comes to what type of pack they can release in what order. Basically they can release these packs in what ever order they like. So this mysterious pack maybe an SP or it can be a GP or another EP. Either way we won't know until they officially announce the next pack.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Whatever we get I'm hoping for two things with the new worlds we get:

- Another dark world. We have ONE (Forgotten Hollow). I'd love another world that's dark, could look abandoned/run-down, possibly based off the whole Happy Haunts thing and ghost hunting? Either way, just another dark world.
    - Just a completely unique world. I'm thinking of worlds like Lunar Lakes, Aurora Skies, and Magic Town. (Never actually played these versions but the screen shots look awesome).
    edited January 2021
    Whatever we get I'm hoping for two things with the new worlds we get:

- Another dark world. We have ONE (Forgotten Hollow). I'd love another world that's dark, could look abandoned/run-down, possibly based off the whole Happy Haunts thing and ghost hunting? Either way, just another dark world.
    - Just a completely unique world. I'm thinking of worlds like Lunar Lakes, Aurora Skies, and Magic Town. (Never actually played these versions but the screen shots look awesome).

yes please. both of these.

or even just like hobbit world or fairy kingdom or something fantasy like if theres suitable pack

need more themey worlds

+ i still really miss the fun vibes of magic town so i would be up for amusement parks if they come in that vibe
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    We didn't get any dragons last year, So here's hoping they give us some, and they do them right.

here i fixed it for you :wink:
    Bless. Hopefully they will come ASAP. Though we'll need werewolves, plantsims, fairies and the rest to join them, for they welcome all walks of life.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've never played Aurora Skies, but it looks amazing! I definitely wouldn't mind getting a similar world!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: