The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I don't understand why they keep doing such tiny worlds when we can only load one lot at a time anyway.

It's very disappointing to only be getting 5 lots.

I agree and you cannot even alter the neighborhoods so it is always the same no matter what you do.

You can alter the lots in Glimmerbrook but not The Realm meaning you can bulldoze the lots in the realm.
  • Options
    jason712 wrote: »
    In my opinion we're getting magic nothing exists on my wishlist after this pack.

Hmm now that I think about it, after university what big expansion packs are left? Maybe some new interesting ideas can come forward.

University Life
    Dating EP(?)
    Theme Parks(?)
    Generations(?)
    Farming(?)
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Univerisity
    Werewolves
    Fairies
    Time Travel

Are such examples.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,193 Member
    I'm a big fan of Once Upon a Time, my favorite seasons are 3 to 6. Already have my Regina & Zelena sims for the new ROM gamepack. That being said, I hope we get University or Generations Expansion Pack & that there will be a new world with at least 10 to 12 lots.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    So very off topic but: Mountain Living (skiing/snowboarding, hotels, snow world), Farming (automated gardening, farm animals, bigger lots), Theme Park, Family Life, Time Travel (ability to make your world futuristic or go medieval), Sports (active sports), Driving... and probably many more.

Back on topic of Glimmerbrook: I'm still pondering what the venue lot is in the world. They haven't said anything specific, which makes me curious - if it was a bar or something else we already know, why not say it?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Deleted.
  • Options
    So very off topic but: Mountain Living (skiing/snowboarding, hotels, snow world), Farming (automated gardening, farm animals, bigger lots), Theme Park, Family Life, Time Travel (ability to make your world futuristic or go medieval), Sports (active sports), Driving... and probably many more.

Back on topic of Glimmerbrook: I'm still pondering what the venue lot is in the world. They haven't said anything specific, which makes me curious - if it was a bar or something else we already know, why not say it?

I heard the venue is a bar but that hasn't been confirmed.
  • Options
    Anyone else hoping for a Lot Trait that lets Casters use magic autonomously?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Yes. I don't want magic to be prominent in every lot in every save but I would like the option to let magic bleed into the rest of the sim world when I feel it's appropriate.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Yes, although I hope it's more Interaction based like Vampires had "Always move as mist" and "Always move as Bat" and so fourth.
    I hope "Always use magic to do mundane tasks" for example always using magic to poof around, clean, light the fire place, fix objects. maybe harmless "Play with magic. Play with a ball of fire, or juggle fire balls. Stuff like that I wouldn't mind seeing them do autonomously.

I'm hoping for an "Enchanted/Sacred Grounds" Where casting magic on this area of land, boosts Spell casting success rates and powerful Attacks when dueling. or something along those lines.

and Something Like "Spell Blocked Barriers" would be prefect for my magic Hunters when they torture her Daughter's Boyfriend Sorcerer.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really want to be able to see magic outside the realm as well. Lot traits would be perfect! Keeping all my fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    jason712 wrote: »
    In my opinion we're getting magic nothing exists on my wishlist after this pack.

Hmm now that I think about it, after university what big expansion packs are left? Maybe some new interesting ideas can come forward.

if the farm theme is not explored in gamepack you can add it to the list.

but I believe we will have a time travel expansion or something futuristic and something related to what we had in the sims 3 showtime
  • Options
    I don't see the appeal of Farming. I play Rune Factory (fantasy farming) but I mean Sims Farming? Er...
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited September 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I don't understand why they keep doing such tiny worlds when we can only load one lot at a time anyway.

It's very disappointing to only be getting 5 lots.

I agree and you cannot even alter the neighborhoods so it is always the same no matter what you do.

You can alter the lots in Glimmerbrook but not The Realm meaning you can bulldoze the lots in the realm.

What I mean by altering you cannot alter the sizes or where you want to place your lots so in effect the neighborhood will always look the the same no matter what lot you place down being the lots are stactic.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I don't see the appeal of Farming. I play Rune Factory (fantasy farming) but I mean Sims Farming? Er...

i think which will be something related to animal care, already ate a structure about it on twitter once. Remembering that people already had that holiday and chicken treatment package at the sims 3 via store shop. Besides, I'd love to see fairies included in this package.
  • Options
    TheSpeakerTheSpeaker Posts: 31 Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > Anyone else hoping for a Lot Trait that lets Casters use magic autonomously?

Definitely, and hopefully a mod that removes this silly restriction in the future.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019

It's more of an excuse to get farm animals, I have this idea where This couple built a farm, and the wife of the wealthy farmer is an enchantress.
    and when they bought the land the wife cast an enchantment on the land and the livestock.

Trespassers will become bound to the farm for three days.

Visitors & Prisioners:
    Disrespecting Livestock & attempting to Stealing Crops, and Livestock will have you turned into the Live Stock.

So if you come onto the farm and you're mean to the Pigs you get turned into a pig on the spot. Same with Cows and Chicken.

Mainly what happens, Most of the Bourbon's Live stock are actually trespassers.

On top of Farming I like the idea of having a Vineyard and Orchard, and building a winery and brewery and Craft Wine and Nectar and selling it at my Restaurants and Stores and Directly selling produce, and other ingredients.

I could see my sorcerer with a Small Vineyard in Glimmerbrook. I consider Grapes, and most fruit, a good natural source for magic and boost spell success rates. Wine, or nectar is it called in the sims? It's great for refueling magical energy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TheSpeaker wrote: »
    > @WolfNate said:
    > Anyone else hoping for a Lot Trait that lets Casters use magic autonomously?

Definitely, and hopefully a mod that removes this silly restriction in the future.

A lot trait kinda makes everyone win. Those who don't want magic everywhere can not use it but those of us who do can add it to any lot.
  • Options

I believe we can fish in The Realm too. Would be cool if it comes with new fish types especially for this world.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,308 Member
    Wonder what the backstory is for the Realm world. Maybe at one point in time it was connected to Glimmerbrook as one world and then was separated for some reason. Maybe a war between the townsfolk and the magical community.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,924 Member
    Wonder what the backstory is for the Realm world. Maybe at one point in time it was connected to Glimmerbrook as one world and then was separated for some reason. Maybe a war between the townsfolk and the magical community.

I'm guessing a spell went awry and accidentally tore the Realm apart... I bet one of the premades will have a backstory that hints at this. It would fit with the comment they made about how spells can backfire and have negative consequences...
  • Options

Prehaps an asteroid hit and it was propelled into space.
  • Options
    Probably won't have an official reason and just something we make up