Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    or like the secret lab in strangerville
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I think the house in the realm might not be a specific lot type (unless it's something like Generic) since it's only editable by cheats. Or if it is, it's going to be a hidden type like Sylvan Glade or Forgotten Grotto. Or indeed the GTW work lots, just accessible without a job (but maybe with a special requirement for access?)

I think the only requirement is to visit Magic Realm. As far as logic dictates the MR is a huge as heck lot with 3 areas and maybe secret spots you can get to via brooms or Teleportation. The areas are

Sage's HQ: (spot in trailer where Aine takes 'Newt' and they meet Grace who trolls him and Aine gives him Caster LS)

Abandoned Conservatory: (Where 'Newt' kicks the Spanish guy's butt and flies off on broom)

Diagon Alley: Where we see all those Casters shopping and mingle
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    That house is more like a big hangout for mages and where the three teachers live.

I also think it is more of a hangout. I wonder what lot type it will be. I suspect a new one.

Oh?

I think it will be like the hospital, lab & police station in Get To Work. The gurus basically said it is only editable through cheats. I don’t think it will be a new lot type at all. Just heaps of coding built in to the area.
    I'm leaning towards that thought too because they said that it's designed to keep the sims of different disciplines in their respective areas.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    treece01 wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards that thought too because they said that it's designed to keep the sims of different disciplines in their respective areas.

No.... They said if you edit it the sages will move around they are kept via coding to hang out only in their own 'dominions'
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,455 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    or like the secret lab in strangerville

I was also thinking more along the lines of the Secret lab. Or perhaps the bluffs and the haunted house in windenburg, or sylvan glade. But as @Kamio pointed out, it might also be along the lines of the work spaces.

So that's why I think it might be a new unique lot type. I sort of combination or variation of the current special lots of which we have only one in our game. Probably hidden and not accessible from the world view, only through gameplay, needs a cheat to be edited and tied to the new gameplay, specifically the mages. A standard lot type like bar or park can't fulfil the requirements.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think the house in the realm might not be a specific lot type (unless it's something like Generic) since it's only editable by cheats. Or if it is, it's going to be a hidden type like Sylvan Glade or Forgotten Grotto. Or indeed the GTW work lots, just accessible without a job (but maybe with a special requirement for access?)

I think the only requirement is to visit Magic Realm. As far as logic dictates the MR is a huge as heck lot with 3 areas and maybe secret spots you can get to via brooms or Teleportation. The areas are

Sage's HQ: (spot in trailer where Aine takes 'Newt' and they meet Grace who trolls him and Aine gives him Caster LS)

Abandoned Conservatory: (Where 'Newt' kicks the Spanish guy's butt and flies off on broom)

I was specifically talking about the Sage's HQ house lot, since that's the only one editable (via cheats). So it's likely to be what's a "hidden lot type" in the game - it's its own lot type that is not available to use anywhere else, like the GTW and GF work lots and the secret lots elsewhere.

The rest of that world is more like interactive window dressing, the way food stalls and skating rinks etc are. There will be things to do there, we just won't be able to change those parts.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member

I was specifically talking about the Sage's HQ house lot, since that's the only one editable (via cheats). So it's likely to be what's a "hidden lot type" in the game - it's its own lot type that is not available to use anywhere else, like the GTW and GF work lots and the secret lots elsewhere.

The rest of that world is more like interactive window dressing, the way food stalls and skating rinks etc are. There will be things to do there, we just won't be able to change those parts.

I hope there aren't any invisible lots like the hospital.
  • Options

Invisible?

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Invisible?

You can’t see them on the map view.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Er the entire Realm of Magic is invisible without Glimmerstone or the portal?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    Only Gimmerbrook will have a Map.
    The Realm of Magic is a Hidden world, Like Sixam, Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade, and the Hospital, Science Lab, and Police Station, there is no Map View of The Realm of Magic.

It looks like one Big Neighborhood. but I feel like it's the same situation as the Police station and the Hospital. where each floating Island exists in it's own bubble.

if anyone has ever edited the Police Station/Hospital, you'll know the two Lots are in different neighborhoods. because no matter what you do to either, Lot you still see the shell of the "Premade" Police station or Hospital.
    I feel like this is the same for The Realm of Magic, if you View the Mysterious House from another Island, You'll always see the shell of the premade house.

I'll be surprised if I travel to a different island and I can see what I built from afar.
    or if the Realm is actually is one big neighborhood
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options

Invisible?

You can’t see them on the map view.

This.
  • Options
    @MasonGamer I love KH
  • Options
    I wish we could get info on lot sizes in Glimmerbrook.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    That's what I wanted to know because I was all set to build my version of Luna Lovegoods's house in Gimmerbrook.
    Screenshot-3718.jpg

Unfortunately I require spiral stairs.
    I could work around it, but I prefer it this way.
    Screenshot-3763.jpg

I might just build it for the heck of it and hope spiral stairs will come soon.
    Screenshot-3766.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I'm more interested in seeing the families and houses then I care about lot dimensions
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I know! I got my house built but would like to know how much yard there is to landscape. Hope they will tell us soon :)
  • Options
    mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    They've got to know that we love pre building lots in anticipation of the pack coming out and it's such innocuous info! Why can't they share it already lol
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    We're still just under 2 weeks out, there's plenty of time for them to get that info out. A slow trickle keeps people's interest more than a big gush of info all at once.
  • Options
    We're still just under 2 weeks out, there's plenty of time for them to get that info out. A slow trickle keeps people's interest more than a big gush of info all at once.

Actually no.. We are one week away from an info bonanza. The 6th will be a live stream that'll showcase all the new toys and gameplay in Realm.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Looks like a meteor shower in the background... or shooting stars. :). Lol doesn't make me calm though.. sneaky Ninja.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Only Gimmerbrook will have a Map.
    The Realm of Magic is a Hidden world, Like Sixam, Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade, and the Hospital, Science Lab, and Police Station, there is no Map View of The Realm of Magic.

It looks like one Big Neighborhood. but I feel like it's the same situation as the Police station and the Hospital. where each floating Island exists in it's own bubble.

if anyone has ever edited the Police Station/Hospital, you'll know the two Lots are in different neighborhoods. because no matter what you do to either, Lot you still see the shell of the "Premade" Police station or Hospital.
    I feel like this is the same for The Realm of Magic, if you View the Mysterious House from another Island, You'll always see the shell of the premade house.

I'll be surprised if I travel to a different island and I can see what I built from afar.
    or if the Realm is actually is one big neighborhood

Not sure if we are going to be getting a Fairy GP or even a PlantSim one at some point, but I would love if they expanded Sylvan Glade to work like the Spellcaster's Hidden World.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm so anxious to see the premades/houses.