The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @Karon We got 2 more years of DLC and updates left so don't worry till 21 that we don'tget fairies
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @Karon We got 2 more years of DLC and updates left so don't worry till 21 that we don'tget fairies

@WolfNate The rebranding makes me think that we are going to get more years of DLC and updates than Grant said they have planned (like, 4 years), maybe they don't plan EVERYTHING far ahead. It would be really cool if now on there was always a Halloween GP, and each year we'd get a new occult.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,516 Member
    Karon wrote: »

@WolfNate The rebranding makes me think that we are going to get more years of DLC and updates than Grant said they have planned (like, 4 years), maybe they don't plan EVERYTHING far ahead. It would be really cool if now on there was always a Halloween GP, and each year we'd get a new occult.

One occult a year sounds like a good plan to me. :)

Unfortunately if you look at the long drought between vampires and the next occult, mermaids, then I am wondering how long we will have to wait for the next one after RoM. I hope we get werewolves, fairies and robots. But I am not convinced we will get them no matter what. Let's hope we will get them at some point.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I wonder what Glimmerbrook looks like in the opposite direction.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,611 Member
    I don't understand why they keep doing such tiny worlds when we can only load one lot at a time anyway.

It's very disappointing to only be getting 5 lots.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    anyone notice what the name of glimmerbrook reminds storybook of Once upon a Time?
    I wonder if we can see something magical even if it's indirect in the world
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I don't understand why they keep doing such tiny worlds when we can only load one lot at a time anyway.

I would pay for an EP that had nothing more than a big (and to my taste) world, lots of lots (30+) and a few full-time normal, everyday careers (like the part time careers so things like mechanic, hairdresser etc)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    akaseven wrote: »
    anyone notice what the name of glimmerbrook reminds storybook of Once upon a Time?

Yeah. I caught that when the news came out, well My first thought, was "Glimmer? Hmmm, Glimmerbrook... Storybrooke."
    I had built a Tavern/Inn That is somewhat Modeled after Grannies Diner. Owned by two Irish couple... I had thought making the wife of the restaurant owner, Evelyn, a witch. I'm not sure tho, She was originally Inspired by Zelena, jealous nature and the auburn hair at the very least, Farm Mansion that overlooks the winery, and she has a Great, Great Grand Daughter named Robyn.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah. I caught that when the news came out, well My first thought, was "Glimmer? Hmmm, Glimmerbrook... Storybrooke."
    > I had built a Tavern/Inn That is somewhat Modeled after Grannies Diner. Owned by two Irish couple... I had thought making the wife of the restaurant owner, Evelyn, a witch. I'm not sure tho, She was originally Inspired by Zelena, jealous nature and the auburn hair at the very least, Farm Mansion that overlooks the winery, and she has a Great, Great Grand Daughter named Robyn.

gosh i need, When I saw the name I already imagined the magical sensation that something is going on and is not explained through science, I hope to see it in the world. Something also like good witch.

~~besides, you gave me a great idea to recreate regina and canonize my ship with the savior~~ lmao.

btw i hope see some references in the CAS too, some outfits of OUAT its so awesome.
  • Options
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah. I caught that when the news came out, well My first thought, was "Glimmer? Hmmm, Glimmerbrook... Storybrooke."
    > I had built a Tavern/Inn That is somewhat Modeled after Grannies Diner. Owned by two Irish couple... I had thought making the wife of the restaurant owner, Evelyn, a witch. I'm not sure tho, She was originally Inspired by Zelena, jealous nature and the auburn hair at the very least, Farm Mansion that overlooks the winery, and she has a Great, Great Grand Daughter named Robyn.

gosh i need, When I saw the name I already imagined the magical sensation that something is going on and is not explained through science, I hope to see it in the world. Something also like good witch.

~~besides, you gave me a great idea to recreate regina and canonize my ship with the savior~~ lmao.

btw i hope see some references in the CAS too, some outfits of OUAT its so awesome.

Off topic but it's okay, Yeah, I have a Sim Named Cora, inspired by the Queen of Hearts, The Evil Queen, and a couple of other Great Queens I've enjoyed watching, Catherine De Medici. But She has A daughter Who is loosely based on Regina.

I'm apprehensive about this pack tho still When I see titles like "The Realm of Magic is Coming" I just want to: "The Realm of Magic is Coming." Honestly I don't really see any references to any pop culture in particular. Which is Good, but it also worries me a little.

But I didn't initially see Once Upon a Time In this Pack either. Looking at Glimmerbrook, It makes me think of when they went to Camelot, as the camera pans over the neighborhood. the portal makes me think of the doorway portal in the Enchanted Forest When Snow and Charming went to See Glinda, the Good witch of the south... Which is why I hope the portal won't work for every sim that tries to pass through it. It would be exciting if only sims who have the potential of great power can pass through. But once the Realm of Magic was revealed... All bets were off, It just goes downhill in my opinion.

The outfits are kind of seem plain. I saw some accessories, and a pair of Boots I like, but... that's it. I really wish deep down there little nod to the Sims medieval style to this pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,515 Member
    I'm more interested in seeing the families and houses then I care about lot dimensions

I'm interested in knowing the lot sizes so I know what size lots to place down in Glimmerbrook. I may bulldoze one or two.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,515 Member
    mjallet wrote: »
    They've got to know that we love pre building lots in anticipation of the pack coming out and it's such innocuous info! Why can't they share it already lol

Probably cause they're waiting to reveal it on the livestream when they go more indepth on Glimmerbrook.
  • Options

I love Once
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member

Once Upon A Time is one of my favourite TV shows, and Storybrooke is one of my favourite TV towns (I hated it when they moved the plot to Hyperion Heights in the 7th season), so yeah, that was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the new town would be called Glimmerbrook! :) Could be a total coincidence, though, since I haven't seen anything else about it so far that reminds me of Once, but we still don't know much about the pack (or the world) in the first place, so who knows...
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited September 2019

I agree and you cannot even alter the neighborhoods so it is always the same no matter what you do.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Once Upon A Time is one of my favourite TV shows, and Storybrooke is one of my favourite TV towns (I hated it when they moved the plot to Hyperion Heights in the 7th season), so yeah, that was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the new town would be called Glimmerbrook! :) Could be a total coincidence, though, since I haven't seen anything else about it so far that reminds me of Once, but we still don't know much about the pack (or the world) in the first place, so who knows...

You know they planned on 6 being final season but they were renewed like a month before finale so had to write in a teaser.

Frankly I don't care about Glimmberbrook and only want the new gameplay
  • Options
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > One occult a year sounds like a good plan to me. :)
    >
    > Unfortunately if you look at the long drought between vampires and the next occult, mermaids, then I am wondering how long we will have to wait for the next one after RoM. I hope we get werewolves, fairies and robots. But I am not convinced we will get them no matter what. Let's hope we will get them at some point.

i love the idea, but i have some theorys That could be true but no I don't believe much.

I think if we had a farm related package, fairies could be included because I believe they are something related. I loved the plumbots of into the future I still hope they will come back in this generation with an expansion focused on time travel or just replicating the sims 3 theme. Already the wolves can't imagine how they can come back.

> @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You know they planned on 6 being final season but they were renewed like a month before finale so had to write in a teaser.
    >
    > Frankly I don't care about Glimmberbrook and only want the new gameplay

guys i love ouat too, for me the end of season six was really the end of the show, the way they wrap up the last 3 episodes brought me nostalgia for the early seasons, we won't be long, but I really felt a lot of disgust when they wasted the chance to create a nice arc to Dark Swan and Hades.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Unfortunately if you look at the long drought between vampires and the next occult, mermaids, then I am wondering how long we will have to wait for the next one after RoM. I hope we get werewolves, fairies and robots. But I am not convinced we will get them no matter what. Let's hope we will get them at some point.

@Atreya33 But, looking at the bright side, the drought between mermaids and spellcasters wasn't even a thing. Maybe we might get robots in the university pack. Would make sense, maybe a tech student could develop robots, etc... Grant said that we wouldn't ever get all of them, and i really don't understand why he would say such thing.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,516 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

@Atreya33 But, looking at the bright side, the drought between mermaids and spellcasters wasn't even a thing. Maybe we might get robots in the university pack. Would make sense, maybe a tech student could develop robots, etc... Grant said that we wouldn't ever get all of them, and i really don't understand why he would say such thing.

The time between mermaids and spellcasters is surprisingly short. And I like that. I am just scared to get my hopes up for whatever comes afterwards. I do hope this supernatural trend goes on for a while.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm... there are still two worlds. Only one that we can live in but you can visit the Realm. For a GP I am very happy, vampires only got one world.
  • Options
    In my opinion we're getting magic nothing exists on my wishlist after this pack.
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    In my opinion we're getting magic nothing exists on my wishlist after this pack.

Hmm now that I think about it, after university what big expansion packs are left? Maybe some new interesting ideas can come forward.
  • Options
    I wonder what venue we'll get maybe a bar. Really hoping for a lot trait cuz only autonomous magic in Realm bugs me to no end.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 790 Member
    I wonder what venue we'll get maybe a bar. Really hoping for a lot trait cuz only autonomous magic in Realm bugs me to no end.

It's time EA started giving us more than boring bars in every pack they put out. We need lots such as game arcades ,amusement parks,aquariums,zoos,shopping malls,etc Having bars being plunked into every single pack has gotten boring,overdone and annoying,and I hope EA starts putting in differnt kinds of lots that aren't the same run-of-the-mill bars/libraries/other base game venues/lot types.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    jason712 wrote: »
    Hmm now that I think about it, after university what big expansion packs are left? Maybe some new interesting ideas can come forward.

They said they're going to make more content for next few years so.