Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bookworm. Haven't got many books but it's a fairly nice property.

Hi there @Bookworm742. (Un)Fortunately for you I'm the one who got assigned to make your gift. And I'm terribly sorry for the delay but I've been away for a while and I haven't been able to get on here very much but don't worry I've still got your gifts sorted. One gift I'll likely upload later today, the other I'll probably do for tomorrow but for now you can enjoy the main gift: A key west style mansion called Granville Manour.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8969843

Now lets commence with the tour.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This here is a front view of the house during the day and night.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This is the right side of the house during both parts of the day.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This is the back of the house during....you know what I mean.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The left side of the house.

Now for the actual tour:

screenshot_original.jpg

The gates.

screenshot_original.jpg

The left side of the driveway and open air garage.

screenshot_original.jpg

The right side of the driveway (The tree is obscured).

screenshot_original.jpg

The carport and driveway going to the back garden.

screenshot_original.jpg

Back view of the driveway.

screenshot_original.jpg

The "private" beach.

screenshot_original.jpg

The gazebo, fountain, pool and some of the deck.

screenshot_original.jpg

The deck with hot tub, juice bar and table/seating.

screenshot_original.jpg

The barbecue.

screenshot_original.jpg

The gazebo and you can see the covered decking in the distance.

screenshot_original.jpg

The pool.

screenshot_original.jpg

Left side of the covered decking which includes a bar, table/seating, and wicker seating in the middle.

screenshot_original.jpg

The right side of the covered decking which includes an art easel and massage table.

screenshot_original.jpg

Second floor veranda on the front of the property.

screenshot_original.jpg

Second floor veranda on the back of the property.

screenshot_original.jpg

Another view of the second floor veranda on the back.

I'll have some screenshots of the interior up later as I'm not currently satisfied with them but I do hope you like what you see so far.

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Granville Manour is grand indeed! LOVE the open air garage, the fountains, the long beautiful veranda and the covered decking. Hmm... I pretty much listed everything you've got going on the outside LOL Looking forward to seeing pictures of the interior because this place has plenty of curb appeal and suits Sunlit Tides really well so the interior has some mighty high standards to meet ;)
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Oh, this looks wonderful! I especially love that green/blue wood color on the house! And that veranda is fantastic! Love how the pool area has not only a hot tub and bar, but also an outdoor kitchen for parties! How convenient! The beach with fire pit looks so relaxing, my sims will love lounging and enjoying the view! I love gazebos, so seeing this one makes me happy...so pretty! :smiley: Can't wait to get it in game so I can see it up close and check out all the little details I'm sure I've missed!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Beautiful house! It's gonna look great in my game too! lol :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    WOW!!! That is some house. How many rooms are there?! Cos.... yeah. LOL It would take my sims a week to get that house cleaned!! *whistles*
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Ritzy place there. That must have taken forever!!! Very nicely done!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    ^ What everyone else said! LOL. :D

giphy.gif
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    This is a very beautiful tropical style house! It would look great in either IP or Sunlit Tides. I love the whole open feel of the place. It makes it feel very relaxing, and like a great place to have a vacation in.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Wow! Granville Manour is stunning; such beautiful colours! Love that building; you've done the shell of the house really nicely :) Beautiful! Very suitable for a mansion. You can still see how grand the home looks, even though it's nestled in among all of those beautiful trees. I love all those water features :)

Very nice! Rec'd :)
  • Options
    figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    Wow. Thank you all for your lovely comments. And I do hope you're all enjoying the house and it was actually built in Sunlit Tides on the site of the sports stadium in case your wondering.

And now for the interior in case you haven't downloaded it or just interested.

screenshot_original.jpg

This is the kitchen bar with view of the main doors and dining room entrance.

screenshot_original.jpg

And a look at the main counter with the door to the nectar room (Inside the tower).

screenshot_original.jpg

The first shot of the dining room that can seat up to 12 people.

screenshot_original.jpg

And another shot of the dining room.

screenshot_original.jpg

The library that actually has access to the veranda and a small sitting room (Door not seen) concealed in the tower.

screenshot_original.jpg

The conservatory/sun room with a lovely view of the garden and the sea.

screenshot_original.jpg

Second shot of the conservatory/sun room. You'll probably notice the window on the right. That room is hidden but contains a study if you're interested.

screenshot_original.jpg

Yet another shot of the conservatory.

screenshot_original.jpg

Ground floor corridor with some seating and a piano in between the stairs.

screenshot_original.jpg

The piano.

There's also a living room and a bathroom on this floor but for some reason I couldn't upload the screenshots of the living room.

screenshot_original.jpg

A view of the front veranda.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The front door.

screenshot_original.jpg

The stairs from the 1st floor.

screenshot_original.jpg

The first floor corridor.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Master Bedroom.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Master Bedroom again.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Master Bedroom's fireplace.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Children's bedroom.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Children's Bedroom seating.

screenshot_original.jpg

Another bedroom this time with two single beds.

screenshot_original.jpg

A shot of the seating.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Guest bedroom.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Guest Bedroom again.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Gym.

screenshot_original.jpg

Ditto.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The attic. Has access to the second attic and hidden panic room on the next floor via ladder, and the servants quarters via the door seen.

screenshot_original.jpg

The servants quarters. Three bedrooms, a bathroom and laundry room.

Oh and I forgot to add pictures of the pool room on the second floor which also includes a domino's table with a chess table in the tower.

And the study which I did last because it's sort of in it's own building.

screenshot_original.jpg

The office's fireplace.

screenshot_original.jpg

Seating.

screenshot_original.jpg

And the desk with a lovely view.

screenshot_original.jpg

And the rocking chairs on the side.

Now for the next gift:

The Mountain House (Couldn't think up a better name for it).

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8969844

Unlike the sprawling and tropical Granville Manour, the Mountain House is a unique is a small but unique building on that tiny lot on that mountain in China.

screenshot_original.jpg

A lovely view of it at a night.

screenshot_original.jpg

And another in the day.

screenshot_original.jpg

The "garage/car port".

screenshot_original.jpg

The entryway up to the front door.

screenshot_original.jpg

A view of the living room.

screenshot_original.jpg

The desk.

screenshot_original.jpg

The seating.

screenshot_original.jpg

The dining room.

screenshot_original.jpg

The kitchen.

screenshot_original.jpg

The corridor leading to the spa.

screenshot_original.jpg

The pool.

screenshot_original.jpg

The spa.

screenshot_original.jpg

The master bedroom.

screenshot_original.jpg

A shot of the bed and balcony.

screenshot_original.jpg

The balcony.

screenshot_original.jpg

Indoor shot of the balcony.

screenshot_original.jpg

The rooftop garden.

screenshot_original.jpg

Bird's eye view.

screenshot_original.jpg

Bird's eye view at night.

And that's all I've got for now. Well until I can get the offices of Ace Brickman P.I* screenshotted and uploaded.

*If you own lego set 10246 you should know who I'm talking about.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Wow, two very nice builds you created! Rec'd them for ya :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Really nice how you used the coverd decking. And like the idea of the parking!
  • Options
    The Mountain House really surprised me when I took a look at the lot size ~ 12 x 12. Yes, the house took up the entire property... but scrolling through your pictures it is easy to see that there is plenty of space throughout this multi-story building! LOVE all the windows and the blue brick exterior, the covered parking and the rooftop garden. Very easy to see this being placed in Bridgeport!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    That Mountain House is really cool! I'm a big fan of lots of windows; I like lots of light and air. All your windows make it feel so clean and airy. Gives the feel of a skyscraper without being a skyscraper. :)

Wow, that's a really SMALL lot! I didn't realize how small it was until I went to the download link. That can be put in a lot of small spaces! I know you said you put it on a specific lot, but with this size, it should be able to go just about anywhere. :)

I really do love how it looks, inside and out. I don't have the right words for it, but I do love it. :)
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    @figureitout01 I think you can take that "Un" right off the beginning of "Fortunately" in your first post. @Bookworm742 sure is lucky to get such beautiful builds for her gifts. I love them both, so different from each other but grand in their own ways.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    The inside of Grandville Manor looks just as gorgeous as the outside! Beautiful! Really looking forward to finding a spot for it in my worlds! Really love that conservatory! Looks like a restful place for my sims to take it easy and soak in the view!

And Mountain House! Very unique! Love all the windows...so much natural light! And you managed all that on a 12x12?! That's impressive...I know from experience how hard that is to manage! Love the indoor pool with spa! And what a view they must have while swimming! I don't think I have anything built to add to China, so this will be a great little addition when my sims go on vacation! So much fun! (Of course, I'm sure it will look just as great in a couple of other places too....gonna have to go see what I come up with for it!)

Thank you very much for my beautiful houses, can't wait to see them in game! (I'm forcing myself to wait to add any new shinies til after I finish getting all my gifts for my buddy uploaded...otherwise I know I'll get distracted admiring them, lol)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hey again everyone and thanks for more of the lovely comments, especially on the Mountain House. But sadly these are the last two gifts I'm uploading. Unless you count Tanu's gift which should be up shortly. I'll start with the gifting off with "The River House".

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8971238

Did you think the Mountain House was small? Well then try this on for size. I never originally planned to build this but I had the empty houseboat lot and I thought it would be a nice little gift I could make fairly quickly. And now for the screenshots.

Let's start with a simple bird's eye view.

screenshot_original.jpg

The entrance.

screenshot_original.jpg

The corridor.

screenshot_original.jpg

The kitchen/dining area.

screenshot_original.jpg

The outdoor, lounging and "office area" as there's a desk behind the ships wheel.

screenshot_original.jpg

The bedroom.

screenshot_original.jpg

Serenity. Now I really wish I called it Serenity Houseboat.

screenshot_original.jpg

And now for the final gift: The Highlander. Well not exactly, I think you, ( @Bookworm742 ) said something about liking community lots that have multiple uses? Well I sort of took that idea on board and refurbished Eugi's. So not only do you have a functional multi-level car park but also:

1st high-rise floor) The Highlander Bar.

2nd high-rise floor) Al's Barbershop and Tony's Tattoos (Salon), Conway Freelance Espionage (Sadly not functional) and some public toilets.

3rd high-rise floor) Collin's College Supply (Bookshop), Delgado's Delicious Bakery (A Bakery).

2nd basement floor) The only basement that has anything of use/interest which happens to be the Intex Laundromat.

If you've played Gunpoint I'll imagine you'll quickly realise that only the salon isn't a direct reference to the characters in the game. And if you're really clever you'll realise that my choice of windows is also a reference to the game's signature mechanic.

And the link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970964

Now for the tour!

The entrance. Nothing special.

screenshot_original.jpg

Seating in the lobby.

screenshot_original.jpg

The elevators, fire-escape/stairs (not functional) and the concierge desk.

screenshot_original.jpg

Probably thought it best we get the basement out of the way as it's fairly grim and dark. The first floor. There's nothing on this floor other than for-show apartments.

screenshot_original.jpg

The second basement. Some more apartments, the entrance/staff entrance to the laundromat and to emphasize the disrepair of the basement I made it look as though the floor is currently undergoing maintenance.

screenshot_original.jpg

There is a third basement level but only has a few of the apartments and you can get right up to close to the gaping hole. And a little effect I had is that the further down you go down the basement the more rusted the elevators get. But now for Intex Laundry. Here you have an inside view of the room. It's got 5 washers, 5 dryers, seating and a hamper.

screenshot_original.jpg

Speak of the devil.

screenshot_original.jpg

Where the attendant would work. There's also a desk with a computer in that staff area where Fritz would keep all his dodgy accounts.

screenshot_original.jpg

And now for the upper floors. Here you have a view of the outside of the Highlander, the elevators, stairs and the non-functioning fire-escape.

screenshot_original.jpg

An inside view of the corridor.

screenshot_original.jpg

The Highlander's doors.

screenshot_original.jpg

The main bar area and some darts.

screenshot_original.jpg

The rest of the bar.

screenshot_original.jpg

The pool table which is actually in it's own room.

screenshot_original.jpg

And now for the second floor. Let's start it off with Conway's office.

screenshot_original.jpg

The corridor with the toilets and the salon.

screenshot_original.jpg

Seating on the second floor.

screenshot_original.jpg

The lobby area to the salon.

screenshot_original.jpg

Tony's tattoos.

screenshot_original.jpg

Al's Barbershop.

screenshot_original.jpg

And Conway's office with ample window size.

screenshot_original.jpg

And now for the third floor. Here we have Collin's College Supply.

screenshot_original.jpg

A look over the counter.

screenshot_original.jpg

The other side of the counter.

screenshot_original.jpg

Outside Delgado's bakery.

screenshot_original.jpg

A view of some of the tables within the bakery.

screenshot_original.jpg

Another view of the bakery.

screenshot_original.jpg

The kitchens.

screenshot_original.jpg

The outside patio.

screenshot_original.jpg

And I believe that is all of it. Hope you've enjoy all the buildings as much as I have building them.

Hopefully I can take part in the next one of these if it's still going next year.

Post edited by figureitout01 on
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @figureitout01

The Mountain House is really lovely! It looks like a beautiful skyscraper :blush: Absolutely astonishing what you can do with such a small lot; well done!

The River House is a lovely too; looks very comfortable and airy :)

Rec'd :)
  • Options
    Love the houseboat! Great little modern home, love all the windows. And those lounge chairs look like a great place to relax! Like how you even managed to get one of the fireplace stoves in there. ;)

Oh wow, a bar, salon, bookstore, bakery, *and* a laundromat?! That's impressive! And very convenient! Love how all the different places are decorated differently, so it really feels like they're individual places of business. Think the bakery part is my favorite, just love that blue and white in the kitchen. Also love how you created booths in the bar. I always forget I can do that, lol.

My sims are going to have a great time checking all this out in game...just as soon as I figure out which world I want to play, lol.
  • Options
    @Bookworm742 Glad you like it all. It was quite fun seeing how many businesses I can put inside a single building but I did it somehow.
  • Options
    The Serenity Houseboat definitely looks serene! LOVE all the windows because from your presentation, they provide beautiful scenery for screenshot capturing. Functional, yet fully relaxing is another way to describe this modern bathing beauty.

Bar. Salon. Bookstore. Bakery. Laundromat. The Highlander really does have it all! Besides being fully functional as a 5-in-1, the atmosphere of this high-rise is interesting... slightly run down, but doing its best to to not have to struggle to survive. The idea of refurbishing Eugi's and giving more usable space is a terrific one. LOVE how each business has a distinct look and lots of creatively used decor really gives each unique character!!!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Granville Manor is very grand and I can see my extremely rich sims living there. I love how it's placed on a beach with lovely landscaping complementing it nicely. I love the interior and think it goes really well with the build :D

The Mountain house is very interesting, I like it's unique look !

The boathouse is small but it has everything a sim needs to go out of the water and stay.

I love what you did to Eugi's it has so much for sims to do while there it'll fit perfectly in a city setting :D
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited September 2016
    @figureitout01 Granville Manour is really beautiful. I really like interior and the colours :) The Mountain House is a really interesting house, it's really nice. The boathouse is really cute :) Highlander looks pretty cool, I really like all the combinations that you have done with this lot, very clever. Great lots <3