Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    Thank you for your wonderful review @rosemow!
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    QC challenge no: 65
    Origin ID: LeashaLoves
    Sims Gallery Name: The Weatherbys
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/49BA403F7FD811E8822EF689D1469B0B
    Introduce your sim: I have created a Spring themed family, and have tried to incorporate lovely spring pastel colours along with floral patterns :)
    Images (1-2 images):
    P99LU30.jpg
    Csr1OWf.jpg
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    The Weatherbys look a very nice family! @leashahampton :) The Spring pastel colour of their clothing and the floral pattern looks very pretty and has Springtime sunshine. It is very special photos that you have posted of them enjoying doing things as a family <3 The Spring flowers graphics on the pictures look great!
  • Options
    jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2018
    Origin ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: just for fun
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Parkshore, Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: Legends of Fall
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7CF1EFA1806A11E88BBAF689D1469B0B?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=kjhgkjgkjhgk&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes about entry: I had a San Myshuno Hipster family in mind who looked for an old house in the suburbs to fix up. Out came a victorian mansion in the middle of fall, right before harvestfest and spookday with a modern interior and all the colors of an idian summer.

Images (3-6 max):
    WGnPcui.png
    living area
    xvnQmm4.png
    dining
    SIkA3hJ.png
    kitchen
    AGtNcXd.png
    greenhouse
    R1GFggV.png
    masterbedroom
    y4rFwVr.png

More Pictures here.
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    @jhgkjhgkjh You’ve outdone yourself yet again. That is a really cute updated Victorian with lots of Seasons build items.
  • Options
    The architectural exterior design of Legends of Fall looks so very nice! @jhgkjhgkjh :) Very nice roofing and use of the spandrels ! The Autumn themed decorations on the exterior add a very nice look to the home. The white blossom tree looks nice and the pumpkins are great Autumn touches in the front garden. Sims will enjoy sitting and resting under the Autumn tree on the sofa. Very nice Autumn themed furnishing of the interior! The Autumn colour scheme looks nice. Very nice living room area for Sims to enjoy sitting chatting on the sofas near the fire, or read a book. They will have fun playing card games and enjoy playing or listening to piano music. The Autumn photos are special touches on the wall. Very nice light filled windows glasshouse dining area! The Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst eating their meals at the table. The Autumn floor rug looks nice under the table. The Autumn coloured ceiling lights used in the rooms in the home look very nice. The kids paintings, dog calendar, and bulletin board are homely on the wall. Very nice kitchen nook! The brick wall texture gives a great look to the area, and the fruit bowl, mugs set, hanging herbs and wall knives are great kitchen touches. Very nice sunny greenhouse! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. The fish water fountains look nice there. Very nice brown colour scheme of the master bedroom. It looks nice the way that the bed is angled into the corner nook, and the curtain look great placed on the corner windows. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The Autumn leaf painting is nice on the fireplace wall.
    It is a very nice family home for Autumn! :)
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER Thank you so much! And @rosemow thank you, too for the lovely review of my build!

It was so much fun to create. Oh I love a good old victorian house!: This time I wanted to try something new for the interior and it worked better out than I anticipated.
    I guess in real life, with the glass roof in the dining area you would definitly need air condition. In summer you would feel like being inside a slow cooker. :)
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    @jhgkjhgkjh you’re welcome sweetie. I think IRL if you had a dining room like that you would want strategically placed deciduous shade trees in summer then when the trees are bare in winter you could squeeze out every bit of warmth and daylight.
  • Options
    @jhgkjhgkjh you’re welcome sweetie. I think IRL if you had a dining room like that you would want strategically placed deciduous shade trees in summer then when the trees are bare in winter you could squeeze out every bit of warmth and daylight.

You are so right! And with seasons... this brings on a very new idea. :) Thanks, @JojoMOMSTER, for this beautiful inspiration!
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    edited July 2018
    Thank you @rosemow , @JojoMOMSTER and @coolsim9999999 for the congrats! So sorry for my late response! I'm so happy Maxis favorited my home, very glad they like one of my bigger builds as well. I got so excited i made Oreo Cheesecake today to celebrate. XD
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,103 Member
    edited July 2018
    You’re welcome @liel88 :)! Oreo cheesecake sounds like an awesome choice of dessert for the occasion B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Origin ID: chips46
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Newcrest/Asphalt Abodes
    Gallery Name: Spring Family House
    Gallery Link: Spring Family House
    Notes about entry:
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    zlFzbYX.pngbIJAZWk.pnglP4CxjI.pngyZgmTSS.pngAYSAXnu.pngRZGgztu.png8Lpngyk.png
  • Options
    Spring Family House is very pretty! @chips46 :) The pink on the roofing of the home, and the flowers on the windows and either sides of the front door look very nice! The cherry blossom tree is a very nice springtime touch, and the colourful spinning flowers in the front garden look very pretty! The water fountain feature is very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colourful striped curtains in the dining and living rooms and the floral wallpaper add a very nice look to the rooms. The dining room is very nice! The vases of flowers, butterflies and butterfiies wall picture, and the tapestry look very pretty! The way you have created the flower floor rug looks very nice! Very nice living room area! It is great that the house is a home for pets also. Kids will enjoy sitting resting on the colourful cushions. Nice corner nook for Sims to enjoy sitting at rye desk table using the computer. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The purple, pink and blue colour scheme of the girls bedroom is very nice! It is such a pretty bedroom! The butterflies on the walls, flower mirrors and the patterned flooring are very nice! Sims will have fun playing the freezer bunny guitar! The floral wallpaper in the master bedroom is a nice touch and the flowers on the bedside tables and floral bedhead wall pictures look very nice! Very nice backyard areas! Sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars, with the dollhouse, playing chess and enjoy crafting on the workbench, or painting on the easel in the springtime sunshine. The flower box windows look pretty!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Awesome house @chips46 :)!

A Victorian house was a great choice, and it looks really nice @jhgkjhgkjh :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    Origin ID: asaperstein24
    Sims Gallery Name: The Weatherby Family
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4CAA5370820711E88151F689D1469B0B
    Introduce your sim:
    The Weatherby's June, Desmond, Jackson and little Tootie are ready to spring into spring. Sporting beautiful pastel apparel they're ready for Easter service or to go play in their beautiful blooming garden

Images (1-2 images):
    S6SqBV6.png
    cy1icyq.png
  • Options
    The weatherby famly is very nice! @asap24 :) Very nice pastel blue and white colour scheme of their clothing, and their Springtime outfits look very nice. It is a special family photo of them enjoy having a meal together :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Origin ID: asaperstein24
    Are you a novice builder: I've been building for years, but My first QC Challenge
    Expierienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek
    Gallery Name:The Weatherbys in Spring
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CAE1BCB8820F11E88644F689D1469B0B
    Notes about entry: This tudor style home has that old quality, fairytale feel. Home to the weather concentric family, The Weatherbys, its decorated in lovely pastels to compliment the Spring season. Freshly decorated with in bloom flowers by June, and reference paintings made by Desmond Weatherby.
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo) https://imgur.com/a/aksI5uf (full album)
    tmwn9GS.png
    l07QKeJ.png
    lPk3rqN.png
    XNP7LQ1.png
    o3MTp7S.png
    b4vl3jO.png
    Post edited by asap24 on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The Weatherbys in Spring is a very nice Tuder style home! @asap24 :) Very nice design of the exterior! The curved roofing front entrance looks very nice, and the greenery on the exterior adds a nice look to the home. The floral arch gate, the wreath over the front door, and the cherry blossom tree look very Springtime pretty! Nice art nook area for sims to enjoy painting outdoors in the sunshine on the easel. The greenery topped fencing looks nice bordering the lot. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The pastel pink, green, blue and yellow colours of the walls in the rooms looks very nice! Very nice living room areas for Sims to enjoy sitting resting in the sunny yellow seating watching tv or reading a book. They will enjoy sitting on the colourful patterned stools warming up near the fire. The fish tank is a nice touch in the room. Sims will have fun playing football. Very nice design of the kitchen. The wall panelling looks very nice. It is great that there is an island work bench counter. The floral wreath and hanging basket look pretty in the room. Very pretty pink colour scheme of the girls bedroom! The pink teddy there, bunnies rug and the animal pictures on the wall are cute! The colourful shells are a nice touch on the bathroom wall. The green colour scheme of the master bedroom looks very calming and natural. The plants are a nice touch on the table at the foot of the bed.
    It is a very nice Springtime themed family home! :)
  • Options
    Thankyou for the review @rosemow!
  • Options
    Thanks @coolsim9999999 I'm glad I didn't install seasons pack while I was building my house for Spring and now I have installed seasons and I didnt know when you pick Spring for your world all the plants and trees look dead when do you see the beautiful trees and flowers again this is not good for building if your in the wrong season I'm guessing you have to play it out until your in the season that you want to build for a particular season to build in :/
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Chips46. I started my main family in spring too, and I was so sad at first because they have a few pink cherry trees and some other trees, which all looked dead :'( ! It was a little spooky :o! Anyway, about halfway through spring, the leaves start to come back a good amount. I played a 7 day season, and leaves began to come back on the second day.

If I'm in the wrong season, I just get someone up to level 10 handiness (with the code), and I have them complete nerd brain with the complete current milestone code, and then have you Sim insta-upgrade the weather machine (you can buy it in build mode and upgrade it). Then, have you Sim advance season, and also select clear skies, and if it was just raining before you Sim fixed it, then, just wait a few Sim hours for the mud puddles to dry up. Turn on the thermostat to warmer or cooler, depending on the season, and keep your Sim busy --- practice singing (with the volume off, until it's how you want it to look outside, and so, they don't touch all the debug stuff.)

If you don't want to use cheats or the weather machine, I guess you'll just have to wait it out :p! You can still change the time of day in build mode to get the lighting you want.

You can use google to get the codes.

Sometimes I miss how just starting the game, and having the right weather, but I love the items from the Seasons pack, and it's fun to watch the weather happen B)! So, I'm happy I got it :D!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top