Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item or activity are your sims obsessed with?

Comments

• Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh, and another thing my sims do that annoy me? The one time he isn’t obsessively eating snowcones, the family patriarch autonomously decides to eat an actual meal of spoiled food.
    tumblr_pb64d9uIYt1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pb64d9uIYt1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pb64d9uIYt1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

His wisdom is astounding.
    I wish I could say this is the first time he’s done this...but the whole family has taken to eating the spoiled food before the good food, too. :D
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    edited July 2018
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    My "childish" sim + the swing in the back yard

I once had a roommate childish sim who made funny faces at herself in the mirror for hours and hours every single day. That REALLY annoyed me lol.

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    sassygray5 wrote: »
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    My "childish" sim + the swing in the back yard

I once had a roommate childish sim who made funny faces at herself in the mirror for hours and hours every single day. That REALLY annoyed me lol.
    It's all a matter of perspective. I could plant (not literally, I mean place) such a sim in front of a bunch of mirrors and not have to worry about them all day long at least until they get hungry or their other needs tank. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    Oh, and another thing my sims do that annoy me? The one time he isn’t obsessively eating snowcones, the family patriarch autonomously decides to eat an actual meal of spoiled food.

I don't see any flies buzzing around him, so the food can't be spoiled too badly. LOL!

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I gave my Sims a Juice Kegger and they are ADDICTED to it!

Just woke up? Drink!
    Just took a dump? Drink!
    Have to go to work in 20 minutes? Drink!
    Just watched someone die? Drink!
    Just checked the mail? Drink!

• Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    The children in my game are obsessed with the rocking horse. Even the paper boy/girl wants to use it, but can't, of course. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    The ice cream machine. Not even hungry and still, more ice cream. I wonder why they don't get fat, though.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    The deep fryer and their guitar. Deep fryers I don’t buy anymore for this reason, their guitar dedication I share (not playing one but as a listener) so I cheer that obsession.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The deep fryer and their guitar. Deep fryers I don’t buy anymore for this reason, their guitar dedication I share (not playing one but as a listener) so I cheer that obsession.

Yes the deep fryer!!!! I don’t buy them anymore either because they will not stop haha.

• Options
    There's something I don't understand here. How many of you who own snazzy kitchen appliances keep them out on the counter at all times in real life? I'm pretty sure most of us, even with decent sized kitchens, keep many of these things tucked away in cupboards for special occasional use. Either that, or you all have an array of kitchen countertop space that must be the equivalent of football fields.

Of course our sims don't have under or over the counter storage for small appliances, wish they did, but that's what Family Inventory is for. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    There's something I don't understand here. How many of you who own snazzy kitchen appliances keep them out on the counter at all times in real life? I'm pretty sure most of us, even with decent sized kitchens, keep many of these things tucked away in cupboards for special occasional use. Either that, or you all have an array of kitchen countertop space that must be the equivalent of football fields.

Of course our sims don't have under or over the counter storage for small appliances, wish they did, but that's what Family Inventory is for. ;)

I do have a deep frier in real life and keep it out. But we also use it about once a week.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    sassygray5 wrote: »

I do have a deep frier in real life and keep it out. But we also use it about once a week.
    You have more self-control than our sims do. Not surprising. :)

When I had the countertop space to devote to it, I kept my blender out at all times because it looks nice. But if you stayed over at my apartment and used the blender every thirty minutes day and night, I bet it would magically get locked away on you and be replaced by something you might not have as much use for. Like a rice cooker or a baby food warmer. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    When I had the countertop space to devote to it, I kept my blender out at all times because it looks nice. But if you stayed over at my apartment and used the blender every thirty minutes day and night, I bet it would magically get locked away on you and be replaced by something you might not have as much use for. Like a rice cooker or a baby food warmer. >:)

Haha definitely! I think my real life house would need A LOT of work to make it “Sim proof”.
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    The megaphone is another thing my sims are addicted to. The evil ones enjoy waking people up from their sleep and the childish ones enjoy scaring other people.

I get a kick out of watching them use the megaphones, so pretty much...
    dVDJiez.gif
    I also like watching the really loud greeting :D
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I have 2 words for you: Water slide. lol Always.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Deep frier, sprinkler (if I can’t find Claire I just have to look at the dang sprinkler and there she is!), and ice cream maker...all three are used very sparingly in my households now. :s
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2018
    I gave my Sims a Juice Kegger and they are ADDICTED to it!

Just woke up? Drink!
    Just took a dump? Drink!
    Have to go to work in 20 minutes? Drink!
    Just watched someone die? Drink!
    Just checked the mail? Drink!

OMG, that juice keg! I can't even. Like ya'll haven't even had breakfast yet, why are you doing keg stands?! :joy:

I stuck it in my family's inventory and only take it out for parties now.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Just discovered another obsession: Buffet table.

My sim: Hunger is in red, so grabs a plate, eats until fully restored.
    2 minutes later: grabs plate and eats.Now has "over ate" buff
    3 minutes later: Grabs plate, now has gained weight.

And goes on and on until I eventually clean the table up.LOL
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2018
    I am a simple man

cyZLqDc.png

Brothers can I get a witness??

X4jNoRu.gif

Hallelujah

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    peterlouis999peterlouis999 Posts: 23 Member
    The Ice Cream Machine they used it so much i had to delete it
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member

@Springfairy556 , I love this!! Just to torture a few of my favorite Sims I’m going to put one in their house and enjoy the results (I should add in the ice cream maker and deep frier for maximum results)! ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The Ice Cream Machine they used it so much i had to delete it

Not just the number of times they use it (always) but the mess it makes then they get the disgusted moodlet because the countertop and machine are dirty but do they clean up? No.

• Options

@Springfairy556 , I love this!! Just to torture a few of my favorite Sims I’m going to put one in their house and enjoy the results (I should add in the ice cream maker and deep frier for maximum results)! ;)

I have both the ice cream maker and the deep fryer. They usually go for ice cream and ignore the deep fryer, I have only had one Sim ever fry the ice cream.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    For many years now I have noticed that if there is a ridge on the lot them Sims will always want to open it and take something out... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe one day I’ll make a “forbidden pantry” stocked with a deep fryer and ice cream maker and lock the door. They’ll know it’s there but won’t be able to get in unless I want them to :naughty: