Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not Working!

Comments

• Options
    jayisokkjayisokk Posts: 4 New Member
    My game won't launch. It starts up as a tiny window on the left side of my screen and when I maximize it, it turns into a white screen. It won't let me exit out of the game. I've tried to turn off origin in game but its blocked out and it won't let me turn it off. I've tried to repair the game but that's also blocked out and it won't let me repair it. I've also tried restarting my computer but that hasn't helped either. Does anyone know how to fix it?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    edited June 2018
    jayisokk wrote: »
    My game won't launch. It starts up as a tiny window on the left side of my screen and when I maximize it, it turns into a white screen. It won't let me exit out of the game. I've tried to turn off origin in game but its blocked out and it won't let me turn it off. I've tried to repair the game but that's also blocked out and it won't let me repair it. I've also tried restarting my computer but that hasn't helped either. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hello @jayisokk
    Try going to task manager, and if Origin is still running, end the program. Then shut down completely your computer again. Then restart the computer, log into Origin, try launching the game and see if the issue remains.
    If the issue remains, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.
  • Options
    jayisokkjayisokk Posts: 4 New Member
    > @jayisokk said:
    > My game won't launch. It starts up as a tiny window on the left side of my screen and when I maximize it, it turns into a white screen. It won't let me exit out of the game. I've tried to turn off origin in game but its blocked out and it won't let me turn it off. I've tried to repair the game but that's also blocked out and it won't let me repair it. I've also tried restarting my computer but that hasn't helped either. Does anyone know how to fix it?

So I ended up sending an error report describing the problem and the next day I tried to play my game and it worked. So if you guys are having problems then sending an error report might help :)
  • Options
    jayisokk wrote: »
    > @jayisokk said:
    > My game won't launch. It starts up as a tiny window on the left side of my screen and when I maximize it, it turns into a white screen. It won't let me exit out of the game. I've tried to turn off origin in game but its blocked out and it won't let me turn it off. I've tried to repair the game but that's also blocked out and it won't let me repair it. I've also tried restarting my computer but that hasn't helped either. Does anyone know how to fix it?

So I ended up sending an error report describing the problem and the next day I tried to play my game and it worked. So if you guys are having problems then sending an error report might help :)

Hello
    It is good that your issue is now fixed :)
  • Options
    DRAGONFATHER0DRAGONFATHER0 Posts: 8 New Member
    i'm getting some issues with an "unable to start" error for the sims 4, it also pops up an error window with "the game has run out of memory" with a string of numbers and letters
  • Options
    i'm getting some issues with an "unable to start" error for the sims 4, it also pops up an error window with "the game has run out of memory" with a string of numbers and letters

Hello @DRAGONFATHER0
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • Options
    well this is the error i get. h.ttps://ibb.co/mhjQKd <- image sharing site and my dxdiag ht.tps://pastebin.com/J7GuCz3T
  • Options
    hoping theres some answer to fix this, cuz i've tried all the "fixes" that were listed on the site so far, from restarting the laptop, to uninstalling it and reinstalling. which also includes the moving the folders and task bar, but none of it worked
  • Options
    well this is the error i get. https://ibb.co/mhjQKd <- image sharing site and my dxdiag https://pastebin.com/J7GuCz3T

sims4_error.png
    https://pastebin.com/J7GuCz3T

Hello
    I am going to tag @phoebebebe13 as she knows more about amd systems, but I don’t think that your computer meets the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs . I am sorry :(
    You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the issues.

It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your drivers.

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

You could try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
    If you are able to start the game, some things to do that can help are : Try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Lower your graphics settings.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

I am so sorry :(
  • Options
    this is the only computer i have, especially since i live with my mother and the rest of the family, and yes, i'm over 18, i'm turning 30 this 8/20, this laptop was a lat bday present from a friend up in canada, he refurbished this laptop for me, replaced the proccessor, and so on so it would work again, it's able to play sims 3, doom3 bfg, so how is it not able to play sims 4? heck it can even play games like minecraft on max with little framedrops.
  • Options
    also i should add it doesn't even get past the "the sims 4" logo
  • Options
    even in windowed mode it just crashes at the "the sims 4" logo
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    this is the only computer i have, especially since i live with my mother and the rest of the family, and yes, i'm over 18, i'm turning 30 this 8/20, this laptop was a lat bday present from a friend up in canada, he refurbished this laptop for me, replaced the proccessor, and so on so it would work again, it's able to play sims 3, doom3 bfg, so how is it not able to play sims 4? heck it can even play games like minecraft on max with little framedrops.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. There may be issues due to your friend refurbishing it. It may be best to be in touch with him and explain what has occurred.
    Processors usually can’t be replaced in laptops.
  • Options
    ok, i'll try asking him if he has any idea whats up.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @DRAGONFATHER0 your computer does not meet requirements to run the game as @rosemow stated. Do you have another computer to play on that meets requirements? If not, you would need to invest in a new computer that meets requirements. Someone in tech can help you with a new computer that meets requirements. Sorry for the bad news

• Options
    Simslover13Simslover13 Posts: 11 New Member
    When I'm going in to play my game and I get to the part where you get to choose a household, not the main screen but the screen where you see the world and I click the play button it just takes me to the screen where I have to choose a world. I've tried reloading the game and that's it. Anything helps, thanks!
  • Options
    When I'm going in to play my game and I get to the part where you get to choose a household, not the main screen but the screen where you see the world and I click the play button it just takes me to the screen where I have to choose a world. I've tried reloading the game and that's it. Anything helps, thanks!

Hello @Simslover13
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and test to see if the issue remains.

There has now been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?releases#Top
  • Options
    MissaRed24MissaRed24 Posts: 3 New Member
    6/23/18
    My achievements are so badly glitched. I have tried so many things. I have uninstalled the game and re installed it. I have done the hit power button to clear the cashe . I have re started and gave up my progress and started over on new family's. STILL no achievements. So out of curiosity I started a character just single no family and bam one achievement popped.
    This angered and frustrated me very much.
    has anyone seen this ??? because theirs a lot of achievements that you can only get while having a family . (having household for 10 generations or something)
    Let me know !! I really would like to fix this issue
  • Options
    Debl004Debl004 Posts: 7 New Member
    So cranky. Bought Seasons, went to download and it came up with an error, saying unable to download, multiple times. I submitted an error report, shut down origin completely and restarted my computer, then went back in to try again. It worked, yay! Then when I try to start the game.... nothing. Nothing happens. In origin the play button is dulled, and can’t click on it. Can’t load the game from the desktop shortcut. I’ve repaired the game, still nothing. Now I’ve uninstalled everything, restarted my computer, and am now reinstalling. NOT what I had planned to do on my weekend. Currently about a third of the way reinstalling the base game, with all the game packs, stuff packs and expansions to go after this. Has anybody else experienced this issue? What were your fixes? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    MissaRed24 wrote: »
    6/23/18
    My achievements are so badly glitched. I have tried so many things. I have uninstalled the game and re installed it. I have done the hit power button to clear the cashe . I have re started and gave up my progress and started over on new family's. STILL no achievements. So out of curiosity I started a character just single no family and bam one achievement popped.
    This angered and frustrated me very much.
    has anyone seen this ??? because theirs a lot of achievements that you can only get while having a family . (having household for 10 generations or something)
    Let me know !! I really would like to fix this issue

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Try evicting your Sims household from their home, then go to manage household and place them back into the original home. Then see if that helps with the achievements.
  • Options
    Debl004 wrote: »
    So cranky. Bought Seasons, went to download and it came up with an error, saying unable to download, multiple times. I submitted an error report, shut down origin completely and restarted my computer, then went back in to try again. It worked, yay! Then when I try to start the game.... nothing. Nothing happens. In origin the play button is dulled, and can’t click on it. Can’t load the game from the desktop shortcut. I’ve repaired the game, still nothing. Now I’ve uninstalled everything, restarted my computer, and am now reinstalling. NOT what I had planned to do on my weekend. Currently about a third of the way reinstalling the base game, with all the game packs, stuff packs and expansions to go after this. Has anybody else experienced this issue? What were your fixes? Thanks in advance!

Hello
    I hope that you don’t have any more issues after the reinstallation is completed. I am sorry that you have had these issues.
  • Options
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Try evicting your Sims household from their home, then go to manage household and place them back into the original home. Then see if that helps with the achievements.

wait how would I do this on x box one ??
  • Options
    Hello

wait how would I do this on x box one ??

Hello @MissaRed24
    It would be best to post about your game issues on a thread in the Sims 4 Console section on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en
  • Options
    the reparing thing how would I do this on x box but ill try the evicting thing thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    the reparing thing how would I do this on x box but ill try the evicting thing thanks

Hello
    I don’t play the console version.You may be best to post on a thread on the site that I linked to in the above post.