Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not Working!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited November 2016
    JCatalan13 wrote: »
    I decided to play The Sims 4 since it's been a while since I last played it. But it's not working. Every time I click it, nothing happens. HELP.

Hello
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Are you able to log in to Origin? Try seeing if you can log in to Origin, then launch the game from there.
    If you are unable to log in to Origin, try clearing the origin cache files and see if that helps.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/
    If the issue remains, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

If you are able to log in to Origin, but can't launch the game, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    My Sims 4 game is not working. I was playing stopped to create a couple of new families moved them into homes in one of the old cities and one in the new city in an apartment. Tried to play both families and the game goes to the loading screen then goes back to the choose a city screen. I need help this is the time I play Sims most often on the weekend.
    edited November 2016
    Chanty25 wrote: »
    My Sims 4 game is not working. I was playing stopped to create a couple of new families moved them into homes in one of the old cities and one in the new city in an apartment. Tried to play both families and the game goes to the loading screen then goes back to the choose a city screen. I need help this is the time I play Sims most often on the weekend.

Hello @Chanty25
    Come completely out of the game without saving. Go right back to the desktop. Then launch the game again, and see if the issue remains.

If the issue remains, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues continue, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

If you still have the issue after doing these things, try to roll back your save game to an earlier version of the save game to before the issue occurred.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    I am a new member and can't post this question so I am going to ask it here since it has to do with the sims 4: Whenever my children or sims go to work when they get back it still has them at work or school so I can't have them access their inventory or when they are at work or school I can only click normal it won't let me choose make friends etc. Also I did have the longer pregnancy mod along with the mccommand center mod are they no longer allowed to be used on the game? Or do I have to update the mod?
    edited November 2016
    I am a new member and can't post this question so I am going to ask it here since it has to do with the sims 4: Whenever my children or sims go to work when they get back it still has them at work or school so I can't have them access their inventory or when they are at work or school I can only click normal it won't let me choose make friends etc. Also I did have the longer pregnancy mod along with the mccommand center mod are they no longer allowed to be used on the game? Or do I have to update the mod?

Hello
    The issues that you are having may be caused by broken mods/cc .

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

This is a link to a thread that contains a list of some of the broken /updated mods since the last patch/release of City Living
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl

MC Command Center mod has been updated. You need to remove the old version , go to the download site and download /install the new version.

A simmer posted that a longer pregnancy mod was no longer working. There are settings in MC Command Center mod that does the same thing as this mod. It allows longer and shorter pregnancy length. You could use the MC Comnand mod instead of the other mod.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    I had to use an earlier save. Thank you for your help. I don't use mods or cc. Do you know where the new sims come from when you use random sims in create a sim?
    Chanty25 wrote: »
    I had to use an earlier save. Thank you for your help. I don't use mods or cc. Do you know where the new sims come from when you use random sims in create a sim?

Hello
    You're welcome :) I am sorry but I am not sure where the new sims come from when you use random sims in CAS.
  • BlazemkaerBlazemkaer Posts: 1 New Member
    So,I've been using Sims 4 for maybe 4 months now and it just stopped working. Whenever I go on it, it gets to the sims 4 loading screen, than it freezes. I downloaded a sims 4 mod uninstaller that uninstalls unwanted sims 4 custom content, but its still not working! I am pretty frustrated right now, does anybody know how to fix it?!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Blazemkaer wrote: »
    So,I've been using Sims 4 for maybe 4 months now and it just stopped working. Whenever I go on it, it gets to the sims 4 loading screen, than it freezes. I downloaded a sims 4 mod uninstaller that uninstalls unwanted sims 4 custom content, but its still not working! I am pretty frustrated right now, does anybody know how to fix it?!

Pull *all* the Mods folder out and try again. Then add it back in gradually. Don't assume that a CC-management tool will see all the problems.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Blazemkaer wrote: »

Hello
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
  • CoolChloeCoolChloe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi when I'm in the middle of playing the sims 4 sometimes it always goes out of and it says the sims 4 has stopped working and we will notify you if a solution is available it has been doing that for the last 3 months PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
    P.s and when it does that it doesn't save my work so I ahem to start it again

edited February 2017
    CoolChloe wrote: »
    Hi when I'm in the middle of playing the sims 4 sometimes it always goes out of and it says the sims 4 has stopped working and we will notify you if a solution is available it has been doing that for the last 3 months PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
    P.s and when it does that it doesn't save my work so I ahem to start it again

Hello @CoolChloe
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try also checking the inventories of other sims households in the game. Simmmers have been finding that the game has been placing items into their inventories when they are not playing the households.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Test the game between placing back each folder.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Make sure your graphics drivers are uptodate .

If you continue to have this issue occuring in your game, it would be good to post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

• Snix09Snix09 Posts: 1 New Member
    Every time I open my game and go into CAS mode no options show up, my screen goes completely blank, except for whatever sim starts up. Then when I press the options (Three Dots in The Corner) Menu it does not show up, and I end up having to take the battery out of my computer to restart it. I've tried deleting the game, and deleting origin nothing seems to be working, please help.
    Snix09 wrote: »
    Every time I open my game and go into CAS mode no options show up, my screen goes completely blank, except for whatever sim starts up. Then when I press the options (Three Dots in The Corner) Menu it does not show up, and I end up having to take the battery out of my computer to restart it. I've tried deleting the game, and deleting origin nothing seems to be working, please help.

Hello
    The More Columns in CAS mod or the UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing these issues, If you have them, remove them and download the new updated versions of the mods
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/558548
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
    If you don’t have these mods , move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This link thread contains a list of some of the recent broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1
  • Gabs101Gabs101 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, so as you can guess my Sims four is not working, whenever I try to launch it, it goes to the original loading screen. Then after its done loading it just goes to a blank white screen, sometimes the mouse says I can click, so I do but it dose not do anything! Please help me! I paid good money for this game
    Gabs101 wrote: »
    Hello, so as you can guess my Sims four is not working, whenever I try to launch it, it goes to the original loading screen. Then after its done loading it just goes to a blank white screen, sometimes the mouse says I can click, so I do but it dose not do anything! Please help me! I paid good money for this game

Hello @Gabs101
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
  • kittyzittykittyzitty Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a problem. I did un enabled the origin, there it is.
    Origin is currently not running. Please make sure Origin is running before attempting to play Sims 4.
    I dont have even game in the file
    edited April 2018
    kittyzitty wrote: »
    I have a problem. I did un enabled the origin, there it is.
    Origin is currently not running. Please make sure Origin is running before attempting to play Sims 4.

Hello @kittyzitty
    This article refers to the issue
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/08/origin-not-running-d3382ced984c6a3800000000/
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps
    Now, I have another problem. It says windows cannot find ....... Make sure you typed the name correctly.
    kittyzitty wrote: »
    Now, I have another problem. It says windows cannot find ....... Make sure you typed the name correctly.

What were you doing when this error message appeared? Is the message still there?
  • PsychoLesbianPsychoLesbian Posts: 179 Member
    I do not have this issue anymore, but permit me to add a few things that may help someone who does run into these issues and finds the multiple threads that @rosemow and @luthienrising have been dubiously assisting in:

Sometimes it really is as simple as not listening to your firewall.

I've had about 13 different versions of this bug, and followed all of the recommended solutions provided by those two very kind individuals over the last 4 years have given, and each time I wiggled a little closer to it being fixed and found a new issue that I then fixed using their solutions until eventually I hit a wall. 4 years of solutions and kind words hit a dead end, and I was sad and exasperated and spent all this time on a slightly funny full synopsis reply to this thread in an attempt to see if there may be another solution hiding in their cute little heads that could finally make it so I could play the Sims 4.

One thing I didn't check, and something I want you all to check as well, is that your firewall isn't on silent mode. I had done all the steps to make sure all of the folders with the Sims 4 were whitelisted, and ready to go, but I didn't take into account that my particular brand of firewall still requires that I answer popup prompts before I proceed even after I've whitelisted them, because I put it on silent mode.

Double check that, and I hope thats the last issue you see because while I feel infinitely silly but am finally able to play my game, and be kind to these individuals who have literally answered these questions over four years, and have done so politely.

Honestly, I just wanted to thank you both, and all those who contribute solutions to these issues for so very long and with admirable patience. Thank you.
    I do not have this issue anymore, but permit me to add a few things that may help someone who does run into these issues and finds the multiple threads that @rosemow and @luthienrising have been dubiously assisting in:

Sometimes it really is as simple as not listening to your firewall.

I've had about 13 different versions of this bug, and followed all of the recommended solutions provided by those two very kind individuals over the last 4 years have given, and each time I wiggled a little closer to it being fixed and found a new issue that I then fixed using their solutions until eventually I hit a wall. 4 years of solutions and kind words hit a dead end, and I was sad and exasperated and spent all this time on a slightly funny full synopsis reply to this thread in an attempt to see if there may be another solution hiding in their cute little heads that could finally make it so I could play the Sims 4.

One thing I didn't check, and something I want you all to check as well, is that your firewall isn't on silent mode. I had done all the steps to make sure all of the folders with the Sims 4 were whitelisted, and ready to go, but I didn't take into account that my particular brand of firewall still requires that I answer popup prompts before I proceed even after I've whitelisted them, because I put it on silent mode.

Double check that, and I hope thats the last issue you see because while I feel infinitely silly but am finally able to play my game, and be kind to these individuals who have literally answered these questions over four years, and have done so politely.

Honestly, I just wanted to thank you both, and all those who contribute solutions to these issues for so very long and with admirable patience. Thank you.

I am glad that you found the cause of your issues :) It is good that now you have changed the firewall settings, you can play the game without the issues.
  • Lunia_NorisiLunia_Norisi Posts: 26 New Member
    Yesterday, the Sims 4 worked fine for me. Now, however, it doesn't. I click on Origin, click "Play now," on Sims 4, and just nothing at all. Sims 3 works fine, but Sims 4 doesn't. Idk why.
  • Lunia_NorisiLunia_Norisi Posts: 26 New Member
    Sorry for double posting, but Origin just pops up again and again when I click "play" on Sims 4.