Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Not every sim is afraid of a thunderstorm.
    After a couple of days a flower arrangement will wither.
  • Options
    TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    Sims slipping on wet floors and/or muddy puddles. I almost died laughing when I first experienced that.

I knew that in winter there was a possibility to slip and fall but I set my seasons extra long and have only played through Spring to Autumn so far.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    Winter at night in Bridlington is beautiful.: My Sim went out of Club Calico to get a drink and found Eliza Pancake was the bartender. I noticed both my Sims breath and hers could be seen in the frozen atmosphere. Good attention to detail. Poor Eliza was freezing in summer uniform.

Making a snowpal brings along the locals and children to admire it and is a good way of making new friends. I've taken all them along to see where the icerink is there but still can't find it! Anybody know?

I'm wondering if the hanging on to outdoor clothes inside the house is a result of not setting the thermostat to warm when you first go in. After a while after setting it my Sim changed to indoor clothes.
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    AlanOwen wrote: »
    By chance I discovered today that sims can actually sabotage people's relationships on love day by writing fake letters to stir up drama. It really caught me off guard and the fact the sims team included more mischievous, mean interactions this time really puts the icing on the cake. The description is also hilarious! DWhE06t.pnggzWe6CU.png

ooouu i LOVE that !!!!!!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SecretCyclist 'slap 'em silly' is a mischief interaction that pops up as an option when a sim is playful, and despite the appearance of 'slapping' the other sim, it's considered friendly when done, as most mischief interactions usually are

oh and editing this to have things i discovered:
    vampires are immune to temperature naturally, even vampire children. i thought that was a nice touch. they still have frosty breath in the cold, though.

each scent you can give to flower arrangements has a different effect, starting at skill level 3, your sim learns how to scent with two different flowers. i'll start a thread about what they all do in a bit, but for here, what i consider the interesting ones are 'timelessness' from bluebell (it stops the arrangement from decaying) and 'bee-friending' from crocus (when placed within range of a beehive, the bees drop to 'calm' state within an in-game hour)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2018
    Scenting a flower arrangement with different flowers gives different benefits: Spoilers below
    Bluebells: "Timelessness" - the flowers will stay fresh forever
    Chrysanthemum: "Full of Friendship" - These flowers create joy and help bond the ties of friendship
    Daisy: "Joy and Sunshine" - Looking at these flowers brings out happy good feelings!
    Snapdragon: "Disrespect" - Two options appear when clicked, "How Dare They" and "Rude News" +2 angry moodlet. Once your sim is angry, you can tell the bouquet to "Shut Up"
    Rose: "Fill with Passion" - The aroma of this floral arrangement just fills sims with passion
    Tulip: "Faithful" - No moodlets given when viewed. Probably something you might want to give a significant other
    Dalia: Mourning - Interaction is called "Weep from Beauty" - Sadness emanates from this floral arrangement +3 sad moodlet
    Crocus: "Bee-Friending" - I haven't figured out what it does. My bees are already maxed in friendship. I gave it to another sim with no extra benefit.
    Lily: "Creativity" - Option to click "Creative Skill Inspiration: Feeling very inspired by having this arrangement. So precious! +2 Inspired
    Bird of Paradise: "Magnificence" - Click to "Be Magnificent". +2 Confident
    Christmas Rose: "Slumber" - Click "Feeling Drowsy". Makes you tired, and it sent my sim straight to bed for a nap. Clicking to cancel did not work.
    Begonia: "Cursed" - I cursed a townie and they got a dazed moodlet.
    Deathflower: "Death" - I aged up a townie to an adult, but you can kill an elder sim this way.
    Snowdrops: "Seasons" - Little wisps play tinkling sounds around the flowers. If you "Watch Wisps", you get a +2 Inspired Wisp Watcher moodlet
    Orchid: "Life" - "Inhale Life Essence" Ages your sim down. Possibly will age other sims down if you give as a gift.
    Post edited by SageRainWillow on
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    There's a new Honey Cake.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    When you declare to a sim what kind of wheater you like, it will impact your sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @Writin_Reg: I noticed it's your personal Remembrance day. If it were possible, I'd send you a Sims floral arrangement. Dalia's appropriate, but I don't want to make you sadder. Bluebells and Chrysanthemums, for you and your friends, perhaps? :)
  • Options
    Creep2NightCreep2Night Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello my problem is I can't plant anything because it's cold, it was spring so I thought it was normal, then summer came and still plants say "it is too cold to plant" I even tried to build a greenhouse but no difference.. The weather is hot why can't I plant?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Father Winter is rich!
    Ttf0yYN.png

Yes! Let's move Father Winter in...then kill him!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Father Winter is rich!
    Ttf0yYN.png

LMAO. Aaand all of the golddiggers line up around the block :lol:

Poor Father Winter. The man has such kind intentions yet he's so vulnerable to evil Simmer plotting >:)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @calaprfy & @ParmaViolet87: but...then YOU would have to become Father Winter! (Mother Winter being more properly known as Demeter, and she's too p.o.'d about her daughter being stuck in Hades to let the plants grow, let alone give y'all presents. :p )
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I keep seeing pink flowers floating around. I couldn’t figure out why, then I realized that the wind blows the flowers off the pink willow trees. :) I’m loving all the little details!

the little details are important!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Surprise holiday event spoiler!
    Take advantage of 'Night On the Town'! Free food at restaurants! <3 Time to order the most expensive things! (or go for a very cheap date xD)

242v6vp.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm enjoying the EP a lot. I do wish there were a few minor touches like "towel off pet" after a storm and "comfort pet" during thunderstorms, too. But all in all, this is a very rich EP!
  • Options
    So 'scary' gnomes were actually quite helpful. I found this. Its a cornucopia of seeds!

2rh9orb.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2018

During
    the Neighborhood Brawl you can make up immediately after fighting even if you've introduced yourself rudely.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So 'scary' gnomes were actually quite helpful. I found this. Its a cornucopia of seeds!

2rh9orb.png
    :joy: why can't I get that lucky.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641