Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The calendar is bugged: Can't schedule ahead

Comments

• Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I've been having the same issue and I thought it was something I was doing wrong :/
    • I've had different events either try to start right away or just schedule on the wrong day.
    • The save I was trying I've had for over two years.
    • It does it when I kept the seasons at the default 7 days and when I increased them to 14 days.
    • I do use mods but I get the same issue when trying without.
    • A fresh save with and without my mods folder in the game works fine.
    • I tried House Party (schedules on the wrong day), Toddler Play Date (tries to start right away or doesn't appear on the calendar at all) and Birthday Party (tries to start right away or doesn't appear on the calendar at all).

I went ahead and pressed "Me Too" on the EA thread :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Røse wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make my own post? I'm on a pc (I believe, idk I'm dumb), and looking for people's regular game options. I changed mine after I installed seasons, and now it's all glitchy and laggy. Help!

Hello.
    Welcome to the forums! :) You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    When you are a full member you can start your own threads.

Move to the desktop your options or option.ini file from your sims 4 folder. Then load your game. A new options file will then be generated, with default settings which the game would make based on your computer specificatiions.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    OK. Few questions for everyone
    • Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
    • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    • Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)
    • Does a fresh save work for you ?
    • Which events do you have issues with ?

Same as others. starting right away, different date.
    Approx 2 weeks
    14 days
    No mods
    Just tried a new save and events/calendar worked fine
    My issues were with wedding which started right away but heck everyone gets married at 3 am right?
    Other issue was scheduling a birthday party but I managed to back out of that one.

Also clicked Me Too
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I see a lot of people this happens to, myself included, chose 14 days. Actually, on my laptop I stuck with 7 days and I didn't have this issue at all. So I think that could maybe be the reason?

My son left it at the default 7 days on his game and still has this issue.
  • Options
    Mindola_Forever_25Mindola_Forever_25 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the calendar, except that I cant schedule an event on the day I want it, it keeps scheduling it four days after the day I want it on. I hope this gets fixed soon!! I love seasons!!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I wanted to schedule a pool party but i can't find how to ? I mean it's not in the list of events.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I wanted to schedule a pool party but i can't find how to ? I mean it's not in the list of events.

Hello
    I don’t think that there has been an option added to have a pool party. I may be wrong but I don’t think that there is such a party type option,
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    OK. Few questions for everyone
    • Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
    • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    • Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)
    • Does a fresh save work for you ?
    • Which events do you have issues with ?

1. Event starting straight away, I am also unable to add new holidays to the calendar.
    2. Can’t say for sure. I’d say between 9 and 12 months.
    3. 7 days then I changed them to 28 days. Calendar doesn’t work on either setting.
    4. I play with MCCC. Haven’t tried without.
    5. Calendar works perfectly in a fresh save. I am able to schedule events at a later time/date, as well as add custom holidays.
    6. Wedding party and dinner party are the only ones I’ve tried. Neither work.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

Hello
    I don’t think that there has been an option added to have a pool party. I may be wrong but I don’t think that there is such a party type option,

Oh, ok ! I thought there was. Thanks Rosemow.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I am also having this isssue! Hopefully the gurus get it sorted soon :D
  • Options
    IAM2k3wlIAM2k3wl Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been trying to schedule a future event (birthday party) through the calendar to no avail. It immediately starts my event, and does not schedule it on the day that I choose. How is this problem fixed? I do not have any custom content or mods installed in my game.
  • Options
    IAM2k3wl wrote: »
    I have been trying to schedule a future event (birthday party) through the calendar to no avail. It immediately starts my event, and does not schedule it on the day that I choose. How is this problem fixed? I do not have any custom content or mods installed in my game.
    Hello
    At the moment there isn’t a fix for this issue. It appears to be affecting older save games, rather than new saves created since Seasons was released. You could try instead making a new save file and playing that save game.
  • Options
    1027kia1027kia Posts: 10 New Member
    I am having the same issue, as well as not having the option to ask someone out on a day on love day from the phone. I have to ask the person to come over and hangout, then I can ask them on a date. The option from the phone disappears everytime Love day occurs.
  • Options
    BootsieJenkinsBootsieJenkins Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, please fix calendar. The first time I tried to schedule a wedding, the calender bumped it to 7 days later. I repaired the game. 2nd re-schedule it wanted to do the wedding right then and there in the middle of a blizzard. So I waited and fast forward to the sunny day I wanted the wedding on... now it's not even doing anything! No event on calender listed... no "lets start this party now" ... it even told me I couldn't do a goaled event on a holiday, when there was no holiday on that day. Very frustrating. Sorry for the long post. New on forums. Just wanted to add on my experience with the calendar. No mods are installed. Thank u!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Just curious: how many of you actually started the season on a sunday? Cause I didn't and I changed the season length. Wondering if that combination might have caused issues.
  • Options
    SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else trying to plan my Sims wedding a week out. I did reset the season to 14days, from 7. I thought I would only have to change that once, but I just switched to a game in Brindledon Bay and it was still set on 7 days. Do i have to change all my separate folder games to 14days? I thought that was kind of odd. I guess I'll just keep planning the wedding until it lands on a day that I like. Lol. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    SimCher wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else trying to plan my Sims wedding a week out. I did reset the season to 14days, from 7. I thought I would only have to change that once, but I just switched to a game in Brindledon Bay and it was still set on 7 days. Do i have to change all my separate folder games to 14days? I thought that was kind of odd. I guess I'll just keep planning the wedding until it lands on a day that I like. Lol. Thanks! :)

Hello
    You do need to change the settings for each new save game. They seasons lengths settings don’t transfer over. This means that you are able to have different settings for different save games.
  • Options
    kiarrraaxokiarrraaxo Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Aeroprincess87 said:
    > I've tried scheduling my sims' wedding ahead by one week with and without mods in my game and no luck. I even tried making it an ungoaled and goaled event and it still wants me to have it right away.

mine is doing the same thing!! I thought I was the only one
  • Options
    kiarrraaxo wrote: »
    > @Aeroprincess87 said:
    > I've tried scheduling my sims' wedding ahead by one week with and without mods in my game and no luck. I even tried making it an ungoaled and goaled event and it still wants me to have it right away.

mine is doing the same thing!! I thought I was the only one

Hello
    You may like to press “ me too” on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/J-OPEN-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working/td-p/6878063
  • Options
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You may like to press “ me too” on this AHQ EA thread

thanks! a lot of people r having the same issues I guess its just a bug sadly:( ugh
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    kiarrraaxo wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You may like to press “ me too” on this AHQ EA thread

thanks! a lot of people r having the same issues I guess its just a bug sadly:( ugh

You’re welcome. It is affecting many simmers :(
  • Options
    saltersimmerssaltersimmers Posts: 1 New Member
    If this could be sorted soon that'd be fabulous. On a save I created after the last patch I can schedule events when I want and it works. Whereas on my legacy challenge save i schedule for monday (for example) and it turns up on the next week tuesday. Its not like i can just abandon my legac :((
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Good news everyone! Thanks to @simgirl1010 for sharing this <3
  • Options
    im happy they are aware of it !
  • Options
    XEmilyRoseXsimsXEmilyRoseXsims Posts: 16 New Member
    I try to plan a birthday party a week in advance and it gives me a pop-up message to start it immediately. Planning events for the future worked like three times and now it isn't working. I even tried repairing the game in Origin, hosting a different event, and updating my game. Nothing seems to work. I would love a patch to fix this issue. I have only had this save for 3 days.