Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The calendar is bugged: Can't schedule ahead

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Thanks for all the infos guys.

Please me too the thread Rosemow posted above so we can get this fixed by devs quickly.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    edited June 2018
    In my case when I try to set an event (a birthday) on Sunday the calendar for some reason places it two mondays later and I don't know why. If I try to set in on that Saturday it simply doesn't appear on the calendar

VYByPCp.png

I tried to use it without any mod and no luck, I'm going to try and repair the game but I'm pretty sure it won't work anyway (I'll report any change if it does!). Any idea why this happens?

Edit: What cache and where do I need to delete? I don't want to funk up my game :s

Adding the replies to the questions here!

• Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other): In my case when I try to set an event (a birthday) on Sunday the calendar for some reason places it two mondays later and I don't know why. If I try to set in on that Saturday it simply doesn't appear on the calendar.
    • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?: Like 2 days
    • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?: 14 Days
    • Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected): Yeah it has mods but I tried to play without them and no luck!
    • Does a fresh save work for you ?: It does work without any problems
    • Which events do you have issues with ?: For now birthdays, I haven't try others
    Post edited by AbyArashi on
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Sheli3Sheli3 Posts: 60 Member
    Just tried altering the seasons length. It made my event be scheduled for a week later than I tried instead of starting right away. UGH
    Origin ID: ShellySub
  • Taylour_ReneeTaylour_Renee Posts: 3 New Member
    Same! Every time I “add an event” for a day in the future... the stupid event always starts immediately.
  • GenSimGenSim Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm having this issue too! On my main save that I created before seasons it doesn't work, but with another save that I also created before seasons it does work? I have no clue why, I've taken out mods and stuff too and nothing works. I'm just really confused as to why it works on one save and not on the other?
  • Abbie_simmerAbbie_simmer Posts: 4 New Member
    I donloaded the new sims season and played it for a few hours and everything was working fine. This morning I turn it on and the buttons for the speed so pause and play and times two are shrunk and in with the new weather bar which was annoying but it didn’t bother me. Then I opened the calander and there were only one tile which was Sunday when we were on Friday and it’s as if all the games birthdays and holidays are combined into that one tile and stops me from planning anything or seeing the weather forecast ahead I’ve also tried to repair the game restart it turn my computer on and off and nothing is working
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I had one holiday cancel on me but the events have been fine.

My neighbours still have their love day decorations up and it’s Autumn!
    BTW is someone having problems with the 'Give a gift' interaction? Because it doesn't even appears for me!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    BTW is someone having problems with the 'Give a gift' interaction? Because it doesn't even appears for me!

Hello
    The give a gift interaction is working okay for me. Try repairing the game and see if it may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issue.

rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The give a gift interaction is working okay for me. Try repairing the game and see if it may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issue.

@rosemow I did all of that already but I'll try again and see if I get lucky

Hello

Try testing with another household and see if they also have this issue. Also try testing in a fresh new save game.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Mine started with a mod stopping umbrellas from working, now I have fixed that issue I have more: Sims are getting stuck in interactions, time keeps freezing (it is NOT my game freezing, I can still interact with objects enter build mode etc.) and my Sims are teleporting when talking to other Sims. MCCC gives me over 200 Last Exception notifications when this happens. I have removed all of my Mods, new saves work fine. Ugh it is frustrating because it seems like I am the only one with this.

My calender doesn't even show up sometimes, I have to keep restarting the game. I also can't schedule events because they start straight away.
    2UFyFUV.png

Hello

Try testing with another household and see if they also have this issue. Also try testing in a fresh new save game.

@rosemow checked again my mods one by one and it seems it was Explore Mod's fault!

Hello

@rosemow checked again my mods one by one and it seems it was Explore Mod's fault!

It is good that you found the cause of the issue @AbyArashi
  • AnnaGorpAnnaGorp Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Aeroprincess87 said:
    > I've tried scheduling my sims' wedding ahead by one week with and without mods in my game and no luck. I even tried making it an ungoaled and goaled event and it still wants me to have it right away.

Same with mine, except I am not able to plan holidays or anything like that either. My calender doesn't really show up :(
    AnnaGorp wrote: »
    > @Aeroprincess87 said:
    > I've tried scheduling my sims' wedding ahead by one week with and without mods in my game and no luck. I even tried making it an ungoaled and goaled event and it still wants me to have it right away.

Same with mine, except I am not able to plan holidays or anything like that either. My calender doesn't really show up :(

Hello @AnnaGorp
    If there is no calendar near the phone icon, and if you have mods/cc in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the calendar is there then.
  • NeverlyNeverly Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2018
    So, glad I'm not the only one out here in Simmerville having problems trying to schedule events. It seems that when I try to schedule events (like birthday parties) it wants to schedule them for that day instead of the day I have chosen for it to take place. Everything else calendar wise seems to be working ok for me just events that I am having issues with.
  • NeverlyNeverly Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2018
    Update: Took out mod folder (only contains CC like hair and clothing), deleted the cache file, and then played in my family (saved from before Seasons came out). I am still having that issue with this family (No matter who I choose to place the event). Started a whole new family and the events are working correctly. Now I'm not sure what to do....and how to fix my old saved family.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Neverly wrote: »
    Update: Took out mod folder (only contains CC like hair and clothing), deleted the cache file, and then played in my family (saved from before Seasons came out). Still am having that issue with this family (No matter who I choose to place the event). Started a whole new family and the events are working correctly. Now I'm not sure what to do....and how to fix my old saved family.

This unfortunately happens a lot with new content, especially the kind of content that affects many different aspects of the game :/ always works like a charm in new saves but gets kinda messed up in older ones.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So I repaired my game and can actually now use the calendar to plan events in advance now, yay! However it always moves the event to 7 days after whatever day I choose them to be on, so boo!
  • SweetieGamer709SweetieGamer709 Posts: 5 New Member
    I've been having issues in my old save. I set the calendar to 28 days. Try planning a dinner party on winterfest and it moved it to 2 days after. Also try planning a birthday party and it starred right away.
  • OversimmerOversimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I have a weird issue. The calendar isn't working at all, it only shows one day.
    Oversimmer wrote: »
    I have a weird issue. The calendar isn't working at all, it only shows one day.

Hello @Oversimmer
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • RøseRøse Posts: 14 New Member
    Can someone tell me how to make my own post? I'm on a pc (I believe, idk I'm dumb), and looking for people's regular game options. I changed mine after I installed seasons, and now it's all glitchy and laggy. Help!