Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Build Mode is Abandoned [ UPDATE] Good News.

Comments

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I honestly liked building much better in Sims 2.
  • Options
    AeonpixelsAeonpixels Posts: 3 New Member
    Where to begin? Sims 4 lacks in so many things and the development is super slow with only one expansion per year... totally inconsequential with providing doors windows for all hights.. So why do we have them if we don't get enough and equal for all heights. Totally wish all the things you said but slowly l start to give up hope on an adequate improvement in build mode... There is so much what they need to do... and still don't provide... l wish they would incorporate all the features we used to have and top that with things we never had before. I miss especially more tools and items for modern buildings. Customizing to your own liking with the provided content for build and buy is pretty impossible unless you recolor yourself and add it as cc and this makes me mad. There are items in build mode l like but I wish they would have other materials /more color choices etc.and more modern stuff we live in 2018 and not e.g. 1950-1980. It's extremely exhaustive and honestly l lost the passion to build with nocc due to lack of individual choices . Some things l would use if they only would have an another color or style. I started to add a bunch of maxis match cc and now l like it but you will never achieve such look with nocc it would be possible but no they don't want us to be individual we are so limited in Sims 4 in everything compared to previous Sims Games that I highly doubt that we will get a chance to customize and get tools to finally have a full joy. I love to build but I miss so much stuff in the whole build catalog... like

Glass floor tiles
    Skylights

Minimalistic modern build items (MATCHING SETS instead of mix flea market mix and match setup)
    Modern Doors and Windows in Sets for all heights ( A set with seamless glass e.g 3 windows left is framed except the right sight, the window in the middle has frame only on the top and on the bottom and the right window has no frame on the left side and this for all heights, we never had something like that but this would be Timless and modern Mutske from TSR provides a set with such windows why can't the Sims?

More modern columns
    L-Stairs/Spiralstairs
    Seperate Foundation (the current version gave me million times trouble and l mostly removed it out of anger :D )

If you add stairs provide matching column, railing, fence, fence door, awning etc. I don't understand this let's create this one, may that one and skip the rest philosophy... l mean the windows and doors are the best example from City Living those would have been way better if we would have them for all wall heights.

So much is needed and so little added... circle roofs we have but we don't have round walls so does that make sense? Oh boi.... l wish so much but we won't get most of it l fear that....

They say they listen to us but they didn't give us working elevators with wohoo, we cannot change walls, doors etc. in city living... Geez we are so limited we can't create our own hoods, we can't even rename 10 Windenburgs in 10 saves... we can't color as we wish, we can't and don't have so much of this and that but l wish l would rule my sims world in build/buy oh well and let's not forget the pets the lucky one who get the color wheel which make me start to hate the poor pets that they can be colored as you wish.... l wish but don't believe we will get the freedom we used to have to make the Sims World ours and not theirs...

I went back to Sims 2 because it has features Sims 4 is far away and lacks heavily in many ways Sims 2 has in build mode... l wish Sims 4 would try to add all the features Sims 2 used to have (of course updated ;) ) and top that with tools we never had before... that would my ideal improvement they would need to do.

I do appreciate the tools we got in Sims 4 but l feel like it has so much potential that l fear they will not finish it to the end and improve it appropriately.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Aeonpixels wrote: »
    Where to begin? Sims 4 lacks in so many things and the development is super slow with only one expansion per year... totally inconsequential with providing doors windows for all hights.. So why do we have them if we don't get enough and equal for all heights. Totally wish all the things you said but slowly l start to give up hope on an adequate improvement in build mode... There is so much what they need to do... and still don't provide... l wish they would incorporate all the features we used to have and top that with things we never had before. I miss especially more tools and items for modern buildings. Customizing to your own liking with the provided content for build and buy is pretty impossible unless you recolor yourself and add it as cc and this makes me mad. There are items in build mode l like but I wish they would have other materials /more color choices etc.and more modern stuff we live in 2018 and not e.g. 1950-1980. It's extremely exhaustive and honestly l lost the passion to build with nocc due to lack of individual choices . Some things l would use if they only would have an another color or style. I started to add a bunch of maxis match cc and now l like it but you will never achieve such look with nocc it would be possible but no they don't want us to be individual we are so limited in Sims 4 in everything compared to previous Sims Games that I highly doubt that we will get a chance to customize and get tools to finally have a full joy. I love to build but I miss so much stuff in the whole build catalog... like

Glass floor tiles
    Skylights

Minimalistic modern build items (MATCHING SETS instead of mix flea market mix and match setup)
    Modern Doors and Windows in Sets for all heights ( A set with seamless glass e.g 3 windows left is framed except the right sight, the window in the middle has frame only on the top and on the bottom and the right window has no frame on the left side and this for all heights, we never had something like that but this would be Timless and modern Mutske from TSR provides a set with such windows why can't the Sims?

More modern columns
    L-Stairs/Spiralstairs
    Seperate Foundation (the current version gave me million times trouble and l mostly removed it out of anger :D )

If you add stairs provide matching column, railing, fence, fence door, awning etc. I don't understand this let's create this one, may that one and skip the rest philosophy... l mean the windows and doors are the best example from City Living those would have been way better if we would have them for all wall heights.

So much is needed and so little added... circle roofs we have but we don't have round walls so does that make sense? Oh boi.... l wish so much but we won't get most of it l fear that....

They say they listen to us but they didn't give us working elevators with wohoo, we cannot change walls, doors etc. in city living... Geez we are so limited we can't create our own hoods, we can't even rename 10 Windenburgs in 10 saves... we can't color as we wish, we can't and don't have so much of this and that but l wish l would rule my sims world in build/buy oh well and let's not forget the pets the lucky one who get the color wheel which make me start to hate the poor pets that they can be colored as you wish.... l wish but don't believe we will get the freedom we used to have to make the Sims World ours and not theirs...

I went back to Sims 2 because it has features Sims 4 is far away and lacks heavily in many ways Sims 2 has in build mode... l wish Sims 4 would try to add all the features Sims 2 used to have (of course updated ;) ) and top that with tools we never had before... that would my ideal improvement they would need to do.

I do appreciate the tools we got in Sims 4 but l feel like it has so much potential that l fear they will not finish it to the end and improve it appropriately.

Agree!

tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I was thinking that the foundation problem could be fixed with them using the half wall idea, where there are different heights to choose from and it’s not being constrained to the foundation slider, that way, we can have sheds and other buildings with their appropriate heights, even giving homes little step ups.

(My home is on a foundation and has 2 step ups from the garage, one is the door outside and the other is the way to the kitchen)
  • Options
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    I was thinking that the foundation problem could be fixed with them using the half wall idea, where there are different heights to choose from and it’s not being constrained to the foundation slider, that way, we can have sheds and other buildings with their appropriate heights, even giving homes little step ups.

(My home is on a foundation and has 2 step ups from the garage, one is the door outside and the other is the way to the kitchen)

In fact this can be solved in an even simpler way. Simply add a feature that when you hover your mouse over the wall, a two-way arrow appears, and pressing the mouse by clicking up or down would set the foundation height of that area.

And if you use the default foundation slider, it would affect everything. That is, slider for foundation is worth for everything. And by mouse allows the player to define individually which place will have the foundation.

:D
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    I have nothing more insightful that the great feedback that is already in this thread, but I couldn't agree more with the need for more attention to build mode. All these features are common sense needs in a build mode.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I need ceiling & ceiling fans to return. I wish someone would list and compare all the build mode items past sim games had compared to what TS4 has now 4 years in.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Where to begin? Sims 4 lacks in so many things and the development is super slow with only one expansion per year... totally inconsequential with providing doors windows for all hights.. So why do we have them if we don't get enough and equal for all heights.

Yes, the doors/windows situation is very frustrating.
    I love you three uneven frame windows idea so much!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Where to begin? Sims 4 lacks in so many things and the development is super slow with only one expansion per year... totally inconsequential with providing doors windows for all hights.. So why do we have them if we don't get enough and equal for all heights.

Yes, the doors/windows situation is very frustrating.
    I love you three uneven frame windows idea so much!!!

Agree!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    thevogel wrote: »
    I just posted about this subject myself! I should have read ahead...however I think the more of us builders complain, the likelier we are to be heard.

Well... we've been asking, pleading, begging...since the base game came out, and we are still being ignored. Having to endure comments like "Lounge chairs are too hard to create because of all the animations", is infuriating... Especially when they took the time to make a talking toilet. There are no real functional elevators or any kind of selection with stairs, foundations, color swatches...etc.... But they can provide 20 different ways to party and give us a talking toilet.

Yeah I give up. My money can be well spent elsewhere.

Anyway, we are not listened in this community. My money can be well spent for packs from TS3 that I don't have & Cities Skylines.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I agree with everything the OP said, But I'd like to add.

*Ladders so that we can create attics. :)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Staircases are so poor so far in this game.
    I hope they do bring more chose to this game.

That, and you can never see the true color of them, they look dark even if they are white. It doesn't matter how much light I put on it.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    As i love building in Sims, i'd be happy with more (if small) steps of improvement. If they came steady at least, shaped steps here (really, those straight long steps, especially on the really high walls make it impossible to keep room size reasonable), independent foundations there (my tool shed or garage doesn't have a half story high foundation, for sure!) and pedestals/stages then. (Not necessary in this order but just keep stuff coming)
    Make your players happy, throw "small" stuff at them from time to time, maybe even for free, since we're buying your (sometimes overpriced) stuff packs more readily if we see you make an effort for stepping up the game for your community. (you could give us at least the long time missing pool side deckchairs ;))
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I do enjoy building in Sims 4. Or at least, I'd enjoy it if it was more flexible. The inability to have multi-level foundations is frustrating, as is the inability to build over water and the single type of staircase which takes up so much room and is more expensive the higher your walls..

Circular rooms would be an absolute nightmare on polygon count which is why they aren't around but their absence still makes me sad with the existance of curved decks.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    If they can make curved decks, why can't they make curved rooms?
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    If they can make curved decks, why can't they make curved rooms?

I agree! Why not put in curved walls from the start? We have a curved roof now, maybe they're working on curved walls.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 4 has been watered down even the creativity had been watered down. Do not get me wrong there are some building tools such as dissecting one room and adding that room to another creation but there are a lot of tools such as the OP has mentioned and editing lot sizes and Lot creation is an part of building also terrain editing and everything is stating in Sims 4 land and for me that means creativity is stagnant for you can't go all out and create or build crazy designs because you can't expand the lot to your liking. The neighborhoods are same old, same old the only thing that changes is the homes.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, curves are absolute murder on a polygon count if your're asking about round rooms.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm not huge in the building department, although the first thing I do is redo my houses. The lot traits <3 seems to be a huge addition that I like. What I would like to see is more stairs/ elevator options. I do miss building ponds, because you could put one on your property. The thing I miss the most is huge 64x64 lots in each world and several of them.
  • Options
    xGamerZeexxGamerZeex Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with everything in this post, but don't forget that in The Sims 3, your house and the neighbors house was all loaded at the same time and in The Sims 4, Only your house and or that property that's in your neighborhood was automatically loaded. Which I could go to my neighbors house while my other sims can me at home chilling and at the park. We need more world/neighborhood multitasking! Having to load every house/area in the game gets kinda boring.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lots of good ideas here, so many of which should have been part of the game from the get-go. This is all one more reason I much prefer TS2, enormous flexibility and capability in building. Something I've mentioned in posts elsewhere is that I suspect that most of our build woes come from the online origin of the game. The only thing a player in an online game can do is wander through the given world and interact with the persons/objects the game permits. There is no building activity that would even remotely impact on the world, which must remain a static feature for the benefit of all the many players who will come in at various times. The TS4 world is built on that basic premise, so even though it is now an individual game, the limitations are already there and can't be changed.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Well I think we can all agree that we are officially not getting anything else for build mode. Sims Mobile is where the focus is. So...it's done. I'm glad I stopped playing and buying the stuff for this game when i did.

I will stick with TS3. Keep my fingers crossed that another company, or very talented individual takes on the challenge of bringing a new version of our beloved sims (called something else of course) to us soon.
  • Options
    bbeatifulboybbeatifulboy Posts: 83 Member
    OMG, you had spoke what I exactly want to shout out loud! I cannot agree you more. As a Sim gamer love designing and building houses, I feel I am totally abandoned. I really hope EA be considerate for builders and add all these build features back.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2018
    Honestly, I don't enjoy building with TS4. When I feel like building, I boot up the games that handled this facet of the game in a much more flexible manner.

At this point, I don't expect that much else will be coming along, either. As such, I'm asking for only two things in the build category:
    • Interior platforms -- hopefully, of varying heights. Since all staircases are modular anyway, platforms would allow me to build my own L-shaped and switchback stairs. Not to mention, I could have raised areas of the room that will react correctly to light. As opposed to how lighting works with sunken floors -- which is very poorly.
    • The ability to build outbuildings/garages that don't have foundations. The continued existence of this problem is confounding to me. The devs found an ingenious way to build fences with or without foundations. I would love it if they could translate that same tech to room foundations.
    September will mark the official end of The Sims: DIY's fourth year. Have they continued trying to solve the foundation issue, or has it been added to the ever-growing ignore pile?

I3Ml5Om.jpg