Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Build Mode is Abandoned [ UPDATE] Good News.

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2018
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    At this point in TS4, I have given up. I do not believe we will see anymore significant build mode tools added to the game. As loud as us builders have been about the lack of tools in this game, I believe that if EA had any intention to add more, we would have seen them by now. When I was told by SimGuruHouts well over a year ago that builders were not forgotten, I had great hope that we would see some big improvements in build mode tools. And all we have gained in that time is a couple of new roof types.... big deal!

No, TS4 is a BIG fail for veteran builders. We have been truly abandoned, ignored, and forgotten.

agreed.

at this point it seems unlikely, I guess only time will tell.
    I think Building tools and building content is very poor for this game.
    about the best we have seen IN 12 Months or more is a few new roofs and the not so best, no apartment building.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I wish they would consider doing a SP just for builds. They could add a bunch of build items in a good variety of colors that are sorely missed. Also, instead of CAS items, wallpaper and flooring. I know it is not the answer, but I don't think it would hurt.

Some kind of Architecture SP even specifically just for building in general. They have never even touched that for Sims 4 and they should. However, SimGuruGraham stated that SP's don't handle build objects and we have to look for the separate build team that brings them in between GP's and EP's. If we're not getting an SP of it, maybe a GP instead? I can't trust the EP team to focus solely on something like that alone.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'd be happy to just move a mirror on my Sims wall without using moo in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I wish they would consider doing a SP just for builds. They could add a bunch of build items in a good variety of colors that are sorely missed. Also, instead of CAS items, wallpaper and flooring. I know it is not the answer, but I don't think it would hurt.

Some kind of Architecture SP even specifically just for building in general. They have never even touched that for Sims 4 and they should. However, SimGuruGraham stated that SP's don't handle build objects and we have to look for the separate build team that brings them in between GP's and EP's. If we're not getting an SP of it, maybe a GP instead? I can't trust the EP team to focus solely on something like that alone.

its a good idea, but,
    there are quite a few different styles for build mode content. a stuff pack wouldn't be able to do that much. unless they did more than one.

if only they just added more build mode in expansion packs and game packs.
    Architecture stuff with a career would be fun for me, like they did with ambitions. maybe others would like to see it again
    tho I did like mansion&garden Stuff pack, it only had a few styles,

so yeah, if they did do it in a stuff pack its probably going to be limited in styles.
    game pack or expansion might bring us more.

• Options
    Too many build mode opportunities have been wasted in TS4. They gave us a city setting without the ability to actually make apartment buildings with elevators. I cannot see the devs back tracking to create terrain tools or anything game changing building wise.
    It's a shame really. I miss making elaborate houses with long drive ways & garages, L shaped stairs and Victorian style spiral stair cases. I would love the ability to make a pond a sim could swim & fish in. I just do not see anything like that happening in TS4. They are focused too much on stuff packs (filled with ugh, stuff.. like chairs..) this time around.

agreed.
    it seems like this is the case.
    i wish they gave the stuff packs a rest and focused on game issues and EP.

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'd be happy to just move a mirror on my Sims wall without using moo in my game.

Oh I know what you mean. Cool feature from TS2.

Tho being able to scale up and back down any item was brilliant from this game to :)
    I love doing it with pictures and rugs especially.

• Options
    DelsabreDelsabre Posts: 137 Member
    Missing elevators, cars, matching furniture (couch, chairs and tables), matching fence gates (like op mentioned I think), matching wallpapers / floor tiles. Heck, just give us CASt... or never mind, the checklist event gameplay is too boring compared to Sims 3 anyway.

Make a Sims 5 and make it like a sandbox not another mobile crap game.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Completely agree with everything you said @The-2-Ls! I couldn't have done it any better!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    We need more tools.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I would love to have all those things.
    EA really should work on a builder focused game pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PetreakPetreak Posts: 24 Member
    I agree with what the OP said and some of the other posters as well. More tools are needed. I like to use real house plans for some of my house builds and something I have noticed is that most houses have L-shaped stairs. I always have to alter the house plans to make room for straight stairs. It sometimes throws things off in the build.
    Same thing with not having multi level heights in a house. It would be nice, since we have the different wall heights, if we could just assign the heights to a room and not the whole level of the house. Deleting the floor in a raised foundation room is ok for some things, but since you can't put a door in that area, it really isn't that great.

I haven't given up hope yet on getting a builders pack. I can at least dream about one for the moment.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Hope is the last to die. I wish very much that all these resources returned, my constructions would be incredible.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    If the community would come together & bug devs about better build mode tools the way they did with toddlers maybe it could help out the cause....
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    If the community would come together & bug devs about better build mode tools the way they did with toddlers maybe it could help out the cause....

You're right!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Independent foundations & l shapes stairs are my most wanted features.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I miss making ponds and swamp dens for my nature sims. Sure making forests is good but some sims in nature live in other areas like a swamp for example.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    If I could just get #2 (and maybe #5) I would be happy. I want the whole dang list but those would at least open so many new designs.
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I would give anything to have independent foundations. That would increase the quality and variety of builds so much. Though that's my personal priority, I support the other suggested additions, too... simply because a simulation game like this does better when it has more player options, not less.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    PetreakPetreak Posts: 24 Member
    Syllyra wrote: »
    I would give anything to have independent foundations. That would increase the quality and variety of builds so much. Though that's my personal priority, I support the other suggested additions, too... simply because a simulation game like this does better when it has more player options, not less.

I would love to have that too. I tried to recreate a house that my Grandfather lived in and couldn't get it completely accurate because part of the house wasn't on a foundation. I had to make it all on a foundation and it doesn't look right. So yeah, independent foundations would be awesome!
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I'm not brilliant at building but there are some niggles with the building system, so I pretty much agree with what has been said so far.

I will have to say is I find the room tool quite helpful and does simply building down. Even my younger siblings can build some pretty cool stuff without find it over complicated.

However there are plenty of things i'd like added.
    - Terrain tool
    - More options for making fountains and pools (like a freehand tool)
    - MORE STAIRS. FOR GOD SAKE
    - More matching furniture and decor options. Or atleast make the wood tones match because that starts to drive me insane.
    - More wallpaper/ flooring which for my personal taste would be more on the modern side. I find that again alot of walls/floors clash.
    - Round rooms.. I feel quite limited on just the rectangle/square we have atm
    - More foundation options because there is alot of off white shades and that just annoys more than it probably should
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We need more tools.

I have been saying this this the start of the game.

in the past we got more than tools,features.

stuffs great but not when its the best thing the pack as to offer in a lot of these sims 4 packs.

• Options
    hevker wrote: »
    I'm not brilliant at building but there are some niggles with the building system, so I pretty much agree with what has been said so far.

I will have to say is I find the room tool quite helpful and does simply building down. Even my younger siblings can build some pretty cool stuff without find it over complicated.

However there are plenty of things i'd like added.
    - Terrain tool
    - More options for making fountains and pools (like a freehand tool)
    - MORE STAIRS. FOR GOD SAKE
    - More matching furniture and decor options. Or atleast make the wood tones match because that starts to drive me insane.
    - More wallpaper/ flooring which for my personal taste would be more on the modern side. I find that again alot of walls/floors clash.
    - Round rooms.. I feel quite limited on just the rectangle/square we have atm
    - More foundation options because there is alot of off white shades and that just annoys more than it probably should

agreed.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Syllyra wrote: »

agree.
    independent foundations.
    terrain tool
    proper pond tool
    color wheel
    edit mode in public spaces and side walks.

just in general,

it seems some feel less is more with this game,
    not to mention the amount of excuses some give on why we have less. and tell, us to be grateful for what we did get :#