Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously? Again with the "hire vendor" for the food stalls?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thank you for this :) I grabbed the barista one too!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I wonder if it's possible to make a mod where they are spawned automatically - I know Coolspear1 on MTS managed to add baristas and other npcs to his gtw career mods, maybe something similar can me made for other lot types? I have absolutely no idea how to do it though, or if it's even possible for regular lots.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    If you don't have the mod and hire the vendor once, will they then always be there or do you have to hire them all over again if you travel to the lot again?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think (because I'm not 100% sure) that they only stay a couple of hours if that, then they leave. If you want them back, you must hire a new worker.
  • Options
    LovelyCyanideLovelyCyanide Posts: 6 New Member
    I actually can't use your mod with any success tbh. I tried using it as a regular mod and as a script mod, I even saw something about lot zoning and I have no idea how to put on coding for that. Maybe I'm just too stupid for mods, who knows.
  • Options
    onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    It is annoying enough to have to hire vendors for community lots. But I'm also having an issue where hired vendors never show up to the community lot at all! Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Options
    kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    Here we are: https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/ts4-download-hire-market-vendors-for-free/

Let me know how you get on with it please. I've tested it in game myself and everything seems to be working well. I'm updating the bar and barista mods now.

Aw yay! This has been bugging me so much, thank you <3
    May we all chill like wizards
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    It is annoying enough to have to hire vendors for community lots. But I'm also having an issue where hired vendors never show up to the community lot at all! Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes, I've had this happening occasionally too.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you for the MOD Cinderellimouse, I really like it just downloaded it the other day and have a food stand in my gym.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Thank you for the Mod I will use it I was going to make a park full of vendors but yes this will help a lot.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I'm sorry, but I have to UP this thread HARRRRD.
    Can anyone tag a simguru or MULTIPLE simgurus to fix this problem?
    It seen like it would be an easy fix if someone on the Devs group knew it was just a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to place food stalls.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    What is the hire free barista mod please?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    What?!!! But... but I've been adding them to my parks... so, no point in doing that then? :s

I did the same. I hired the vendors
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    $100 per vender with 8 max per lot. I changed my mind about building a community lot with loads of vendors.

There's no 8 Sims maximum using a lot; that's the household maximum. Up to 20 Sims can be in the lot+neighbourhood at a time.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How about asking them to fix it.

I thought we were by posting feedback in threads like these. But in the meantime...
    If you do make that mod, Cinderellimouse , post it here? It would be nice to save the money cheat after hiring, and I do have a couple of places I want to stick a food cart.

I'm just testing now. I've changed the value from $100 to $0. So we'll still have to hire them, but at least it won't cost us. I hope one of us can figure out a better way.

Awesome! My warehouse cafe is looking forward to having an arrangement with another small business to use its yard :)

I wasn't talking about the max of Sims per household. I was talking about vendors and those you can only have 8 working at a time per lot.

Ah okay. Can't imagine wanting more than that anyway. But now I know :)

Yeah I was going to build a park filled with all of the vendor types so I didn't always have to always wait for a festival or hunt for the food cart I wanted. I don't know about the game of others but I know in my game you don't always get the same food vendors in the community areas in San Myshuno.

I built a restaurant in San Myshuno (or rather, I downloaded and placed a restaurant lot since my building skills leave much to be desired) and set the menu for all of the City Living foods so my Sims can find them whenever they want. (Requires Dine Out, of course.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I use LittleMsSam's Auto Employees Custom Lot Trait. Makes the vendors appear automatically.
  • Options
    LafooteLafoote Posts: 70 Member
    This is basically the dumbest thing to need a mod for. Just fill the vendors on lots if they are not residential.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Does @Cinderellimouse mod still work with the new expansions and patches?
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Will the Sims team please allow NPC's to work these stalls on public lots...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    Will the Sims team please allow NPC's to work these stalls on public lots...

Hopefully. it is a work in progress. Maybe it will part of a patch soon.
  • Options
    sweetlilpsychosweetlilpsycho Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > Here we are: [link]
    >
    > Let me know how you get on with it please. I've tested it in game myself and everything seems to be working well. I'm updating the bar and barista mods now.

Getting a "too many requests" error from Dropbox, boo! Any way you could put it up on ModTheSims or something? Love your work and would love to follow you there!
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > Here we are: [link]
    >
    > Let me know how you get on with it please. I've tested it in game myself and everything seems to be working well. I'm updating the bar and barista mods now.

Getting a "too many requests" error from Dropbox, boo! Any way you could put it up on ModTheSims or something? Love your work and would love to follow you there!

The mod works fine in my game. Are you sure it's hers? Although, now that I think about it, I haven't seen the option to hire anyone lately (nor have I needed to)...
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    So, what's the point of the original gameplay for buying a food stall and placing it on your home lot? You hire a vendor, your sims PAY for the food... and what? Do guests spontaneously get food? Do npc sims stop by and get food?

I haven't had a party with one installed, do partygoers get food there?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    So, what's the point of the original gameplay for buying a food stall and placing it on your home lot? You hire a vendor, your sims PAY for the food... and what? Do guests spontaneously get food? Do npc sims stop by and get food?

I haven't had a party with one installed, do partygoers get food there?

It only works on community spaces lots that came with Eco Lifestyle. For other lots you can use a mod to call the NPC without paying him.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited July 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It only works on community spaces lots that came with Eco Lifestyle. For other lots you can use a mod to call the NPC without paying him.

I haven't tried adding one to a Eco community lot. I assume they work like the San Myshuno ones.

I haven't used them much so I don't know what happens to parks, bowling alleys, gyms that we place them on. Do NPCs use them when a vendor is hired?

I mean, why did they let us buy them in Build/Buy if they are almost nonfunctional?

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I haven't tried adding one to a Eco community lot. I assume they work like the San Myshuno ones.

I haven't used them much so I don't know what happens to parks, bowling alleys, gyms that we place them on. Do NPCs use them when a vendor is hired?

I mean, why did they let us buy them in Build/Buy if they are almost nonfunctional?

Nobody uses them autonomously when a vendor is hired, and the vendor only stays for a couple of hours or so.