Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously? Again with the "hire vendor" for the food stalls?

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
Maybe this is a bug, but I doubt it. I built a karaoke bar with arcade machines, and put one of the new food stalls out front with a seating area. But just like bartenders or baristas when it isn't the exact right type of lot, no one mans it. I'm supposed to pay $100 to hire someone. Come on. I mean, what's the point? It's not like anyone gets free food even if I pay the $100. If you can program the game to have multiple vendors in a common area, then why can't you do the same for regular lots? I'm not even sure where I'm supposed to be able to use these, then. As much as I love the new expansion, there are always so many limitations to what you can do with things. There are so many objects that even if they function, get totally ignored by sims unless you direct them to it. I put a karaoke machine in a nightclub, for example, and no one uses it. Weird way to program; it's like only certain items exist to sims on different lot types.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    What?!!! But... but I've been adding them to my parks... so, no point in doing that then? :s
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!! Urgh, this is my great big annoyance this week.

I was so excited that I could place the food carts in other areas. I put the taco one in the park at Oasis Springs, and the tea one in Willow Creek's park. And I was so pleased with myself till I realised that if I wanted a cup of tea I had to fork out $100 to hire a flippin vendor! If I went to a park in real life, I wouldn't have to hire someone to come and attend the food stand, there would be someone there already. It's unrealistic. Uuuuuurrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Yeah. I'm really grumpy about this.

I can easily mod it so that there is no fee (I did this for the drinks bar and coffee bar) but it's not ideal because I still have to hire them and it breaks the immersion. I just want a vendor or barista to show up on their own accord. If I own the venue, or it's on a residential lot, then fine. But if I'm a customer then I want someone to be there to serve me my tacos and tea dagnammit!!! :D:D:D

I really do hope the gurus address this. Because it's silly and frustrating. And it really limits the flexibility of these objects. My logic is: if I put a bar, coffee bar, or food stand on a community lot, then I obviously want an NPC to tend it. It's not there to look pretty. Something like a buffet table is different: it's more suited to special occasions where I might want it as a one-off.

At first I thought maybe if I gave them time that the vendors would show up on their own. A bit like how they open and close the stands in the city. So I was quiet at first while I tested them and played around with them some more. But after spending a couple of days at each lot nobody ever came to tend them. :(

That's funny, because I just discovered your mod to take care of the baristas and bar after I posted this, lol. Yes, a mod would help for the stalls, too, and that would certainly work, but it is so silly like you said that they can't just work properly to begin with. Any objects that I have to kick start myself tend to eventually get ignored for the most part.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Cinderellimouse Are you really surprised?

Disappointed might be a better word in this case.

Edit: Not in the whole pack. But certainly in this detail.
  • Options
    @Cinderellimouse Are you really surprised?

A little bit more than usual, simply because they are in buy mode instead of having to use a cheat to place them, but there doesn't seem to be ANY place we can use them where they function, which isn't quite the same with the bar and coffee bars since we need those to build cafes and bar lots. But yeah, I certainly know what you mean; part of every new pack is both discovering what new stuff I can do right alongside of all the things I can't do with it.
  • Options
    @ravynwolvf I'll upload a mod either later this evening or tomorrow because it's bugging me too. XD I do need to check the bar and barista mods to see if I need to add and new CL interactions, so there may be an update for those too. I'd hold on before downloading those until I've checked them. I got distracted by poking at the new files.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you do make that mod, @Cinderellimouse , post it here? It would be nice to save the money cheat after hiring, and I do have a couple of places I want to stick a food cart.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Very disappointing. I feel if it isn't on a residential lot, or your sim is hosting a party, then an NPC should be spawned.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How about asking them to fix it.

Good idea but we know how long that could take. :/
    @Cinderellimouse, thanks. :)
  • Options

I thought we were by posting feedback in threads like these. But in the meantime...
    If you do make that mod, Cinderellimouse , post it here? It would be nice to save the money cheat after hiring, and I do have a couple of places I want to stick a food cart.

I'm just testing now. I've changed the value from $100 to $0. So we'll still have to hire them, but at least it won't cost us. I hope one of us can figure out a better way.
  • Options
    @ravynwolvf I'll upload a mod either later this evening or tomorrow because it's bugging me too. XD I do need to check the bar and barista mods to see if I need to add and new CL interactions, so there may be an update for those too. I'd hold on before downloading those until I've checked them. I got distracted by poking at the new files.

That would be most excellent! I'll be keeping an eye out for updates on the others, too, now that I found them; most useful.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    $100 per vender with 8 max per lot. I changed my mind about building a community lot with loads of vendors.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    $100 per vender with 8 max per lot. I changed my mind about building a community lot with loads of vendors.

There's no 8 Sims maximum using a lot; that's the household maximum. Up to 20 Sims can be in the lot+neighbourhood at a time.

I thought we were by posting feedback in threads like these. But in the meantime...
    If you do make that mod, Cinderellimouse , post it here? It would be nice to save the money cheat after hiring, and I do have a couple of places I want to stick a food cart.

I'm just testing now. I've changed the value from $100 to $0. So we'll still have to hire them, but at least it won't cost us. I hope one of us can figure out a better way.

Awesome! My warehouse cafe is looking forward to having an arrangement with another small business to use its yard :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

There's no 8 Sims maximum using a lot; that's the household maximum. Up to 20 Sims can be in the lot+neighbourhood at a time.

Awesome! My warehouse cafe is looking forward to having an arrangement with another small business to use its yard :)

I wasn't talking about the max of Sims per household. I was talking about vendors and those you can only have 8 working at a time per lot.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

I wasn't talking about the max of Sims per household. I was talking about vendors and those you can only have 8 working at a time per lot.

Ah okay. Can't imagine wanting more than that anyway. But now I know :)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

I don't mind hiring them as long as it's free-lol. In the meantime I'm so used to typing in cheats I just up my sim's income to reflect what I need to open the stalls.
  • Options
    Here we are: https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/ts4-download-hire-market-vendors-for-free/

Let me know how you get on with it please. I've tested it in game myself and everything seems to be working well. I'm updating the bar and barista mods now.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Here we are: https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/ts4-download-hire-market-vendors-for-free/

Let me know how you get on with it please. I've tested it in game myself and everything seems to be working well. I'm updating the bar and barista mods now.

This is awesome! Is there any way to make a mod that has every stall (or bars and baristas for that matter) already hired when you arrive at the lot? It annoys me how they only have one worker already there when you arrive at a lot. Thanks again.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

This is awesome! Is there any way to make a mod that has every stall (or bars and baristas for that matter) already hired when you arrive at the lot? It annoys me how they only have one worker already there when you arrive at a lot. Thanks again.

There will be a way. But I haven't figured it out yet. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Ah okay. Can't imagine wanting more than that anyway. But now I know :)

Yeah I was going to build a park filled with all of the vendor types so I didn't always have to always wait for a festival or hunt for the food cart I wanted. I don't know about the game of others but I know in my game you don't always get the same food vendors in the community areas in San Myshuno.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you, @Cinderellimouse ! You are awesome!!! :tackle hugs: :star::star::star::star::star::star:
    I agree on the topic that I wish they would code these differently. My sims acquire money rather easily so I often don't mind spending $ on stuff like this (keeps their net value more realistic for me) but I totally agree that it breaks the public lot immersion and shouldn't be how the objects behave when placed on non residential lots. :/
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options

I've been trying it, and it seems to be working quite fine. Perfect solution, and many thanks for it!