Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Apartments Playable?

Is the bug where furniture disappears from apartments fixed? I want to play my game but alot of people have reported this bug.
chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
Theo♥

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I haven't had any problems with apartments.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't have that problem.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    No idea. Havne't played an apartment since the bug appeared, though some sims I've played have visited apartments.
    image.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yes, I have seen the bug where all the objects attached to tables (chairs and table decorations) disappear. It's annoying, really annoying.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Sadly I haven't heard of it being fixed yet, and I'm super paranoid so I moved like 3 families to a penthouse (since apparently they aren't affected) because I didn't want to risk their stuff disappearing. I really hope they fix it soon, it's been almost a week :/
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Yeah I actually had this issue (for the first time) just the other day. The only apartment I've ever had a problem with is the one next to Akira, Miko, and Darling's apartment. Just...furniture randomly disappearing. I haven't had an issue since I repaired my game but tbh I'm kind of nervous to boot that save back up, haha~
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited March 2018
    No word on a fix yet, unless a guru has responded on twitter. Here's the main thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936576/disappearing-items#latest

Penthouses are unaffected because they're basically just normal lots.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    When I tried to play a family in an apartment yesterday, I had the issue. It pretty much makes apartments unplayable until we get a fix.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    It was fixed in yesterdays patch - March 20th.Make sure you update.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I played apartments even before this patch and never had a problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I guess a lot of people did though and the fix it team found the issue and fixed it so nobody has the problem.

I hardly ever played apts or the few times I did it was just a matter of days with a newly turned YA - so I never saw it either but many of my friends and family did unless they lived in Penthouses. So I do know it was a problems for a lot of simmers. You were just lucky I guess.

I rarely see hardly any issues in Sims 4 - so I too count myself lucky. Right now my only issue is my sims not being able to clear the six-seater laundry day dining table. I have to remove the plates to the counter so the sim can wash them. It's annoying - but I love that dining table. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited March 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I guess a lot of people did though and the fix it team found the issue and fixed it so nobody has the problem.

I hardly ever played apts or the few times I did it was just a matter of days with a newly turned YA - so I never saw it either but many of my friends and family did unless they lived in Penthouses. So I do know it was a problems for a lot of simmers. You were just lucky I guess.

I rarely see hardly any issues in Sims 4 - so I too count myself lucky. Right now my only issue is my sims not being able to clear the six-seater laundry day dining table. I have to remove the plates to the counter so the sim can wash them. It's annoying - but I love that dining table. LOL.

What I do is have my sim stand up next to the table, ( get up from the chair ) then I can click on the plate and have her clean up. It's the sitting in the chair that causes the problem. My sim can clean up the dishes if she's standing but sitting at the table, she can't.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    In my case my sims get sent back to the table and cannot clean it even then - standing beside it - There is a post about it over on EA. reports - with many unable to clean that table in any way what so ever. At least I can pick up the plate my self and place them on a counter - then my sims washes them - but that is a pain doing it for 6 plates.

I clicked the "Me too" button for the many simmers also having this issue.

They can check my game anytime they want as I stay connected to Origin all the time so my files are always available. I don't have issues staying connected to Origin on my pc..

In dreams - I LIVE!