Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappearing items

I’ve searched forums for an answer to this issue and haven’t found any posts about my exact problem.

Twice now, I’ve had items in my sims game disappear. Not while building or using the move objects cheat, but during the game. One time, my sims inventory was completely emptied randomly. Another, items off all the counters and tables were gone, including coffee machines, decorations, and collectibles from Jungle Adventure. This happened after I visited a neighbor and came back. I was pretty upset because these items were worth a lot. Luckily, I was able to quit the game without saving and my items were there when I opened the game again. But I’m scared of it happening again.

Does anyone know of a possible cause and/or fix for this issue?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    If and when it occurs, try checking the household inventory and see if the items have been placed there by the game. Try having your sims travel to another lot then back home again and see if that may help.
    To try to prevent it occuring, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've had a problem once where a Teen's inventory would completely wipe clean, including their homework, and anything new I would add into it would just clear again when I left them at home and had someone else leave the home lot. Children had the same problem, but in their case their inventories were reset to a previous point instead. I resolved my problem by resetting the whole game folder. As for the other problem, I don't have any solution for that one. To help prevent them from disappearing again, save your house into the Library and it will generally save the collectibles within it (except the new JA artifacts, they don't seem to transfer over completely in the library)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Lindsee18Lindsee18 Posts: 15 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    If and when it occurs, try checking the household inventory and see if the items have been placed there by the game. Try having your sims travel to another lot then back home again and see if that may help.
    To try to prevent it occuring, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

They for sure weren’t in my household inventory, which was frustrating! I’ll try repairing the game to see if that helps.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I once had the bug with the empty inventory when my Sim returned from work some days ago.
  • Options
    Lindsee18Lindsee18 Posts: 15 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16371721"]Hello
    This issue is affecting other simmers also. These links refer to your issues

(it won’t let me quote the links)

It would be best to move out of the apartment .[/quote]

That seems to be my exact problem! Guess I’ll move my sims out of their apartment. That’s a bummer because I like living in the city apartments. I wish there were more home lots in San Myshuno. Oh well. They’ve been having problems with the neighbor anyway!

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Lindsee18 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This issue is affecting other simmers also. These links refer to your issues

(it won’t let me quote the links)

It would be best to move out of the apartment .

That seems to be my exact problem! Guess I’ll move my sims out of their apartment. That’s a bummer because I like living in the city apartments. I wish there were more home lots in San Myshuno. Oh well. They’ve been having problems with the neighbor anyway!

Thanks for the help!

You’re welcome. It is not good that this issue is occurring. The developers are aware of the issue.
  • Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    This happened to me too! I just started the game for the first time after the most recent patch and my sim's computer, desk chair, dining chairs, elements in the elemental display racks, and all decorations are gone. I'm really bummed!
  • Options
    lar0ja wrote: »
    This happened to me too! I just started the game for the first time after the most recent patch and my sim's computer, desk chair, dining chairs, elements in the elemental display racks, and all decorations are gone. I'm really bummed!

Hello @lar0ja
    I am sorry that you have had this issue :( You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if the items are remaining in that save version. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > lar0ja wrote: »
    >
    > This happened to me too! I just started the game for the first time after the most recent patch and my sim's computer, desk chair, dining chairs, elements in the elemental display racks, and all decorations are gone. I'm really bummed!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @lar0ja
    > I am sorry that you have had this issue :( You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if the items are remaining in that save version. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Unfortunately, the bug just appears in the recovered version after a while. This game is just going to be unplayable for me until this is fixed.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yep yet another bug they introduced when fixing nothing as usual. Editing apartments causes chairs to disappear and anything on the counters as well. Just like group party goals are still broken.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    lar0ja wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > lar0ja wrote: »
    >
    > This happened to me too! I just started the game for the first time after the most recent patch and my sim's computer, desk chair, dining chairs, elements in the elemental display racks, and all decorations are gone. I'm really bummed!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @lar0ja
    > I am sorry that you have had this issue :( You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if the items are remaining in that save version. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Unfortunately, the bug just appears in the recovered version after a while. This game is just going to be unplayable for me until this is fixed.

Are your sims living in an apartment ? If they are , it may be best to move them to a house instead as there are issues with living in apartments at the moment,
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Yea,Apartments are messed up. Best not to live in one for now.
  • Options
    InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2018
    Whoever is in charge of the game to fix issues, we need an emergency patch for this pronto. I got a few apartments affected (Almost all in Spice Market and a few in Arts Quarter), and I'm getting tense on this bug that it doesn't get worse overtime that it becomes unplayable in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I had a garlic disappear yesterday while in live mode. Tried to move it from the table to the outdoor planter and *poof* gone. This happened with an herblism book too but my sim was putting it in the book case and it disappeared before she could put it away. (Was in forgotten hallow at the time).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Just saw this bug in apartments. Computers, chairs, and most clutter on surfaces vanish when I load the lot. Please fix it.
  • Options
    wholewaldwholewald Posts: 1 New Member
    @taydev It's happened to me twice in 24 hours and is absolutely driving me crazy. Both times after coming back from managing worlds. First it was laptop, TV, chairs, lights, and the plants I put in days to grow! They're not in family inventory, it's like they were never there in the first place. And it happened again just now :( hope they fix it soon
  • Options
    wholewald wrote: »
    @taydev It's happened to me twice in 24 hours and is absolutely driving me crazy. Both times after coming back from managing worlds. First it was laptop, TV, chairs, lights, and the plants I put in days to grow! They're not in family inventory, it's like they were never there in the first place. And it happened again just now :( hope they fix it soon

Hello
    It may be best to move your sims out of the apartment and into a house, until the issue is fixed. Also save your build/rooms to your library as back up copies.
  • Options
    JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    Well, we may have another thing going on with the Jungle pack. My founder sims both wrote archaeology books and now they are gone. They still get the royalties. I found one in my father's inventory and moved it to my child's inventory and the only books now in her inventory are the first vampire book and the first archaeology skill book (I'll have to double check the book number). Did it turn into the other book? She had the vampire book already, but I don't think she had the archaeology one. Also a relic base disappeared and a painting from reference that was framed and hanging on the wall. I am checking for kleptomaniacs that may have been in the house, but that would not explain the sim written archaeology books disappearing.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    JanieLyn wrote: »
    Well, we may have another thing going on with the Jungle pack. My founder sims both wrote archaeology books and now they are gone. They still get the royalties. I found one in my father's inventory and moved it to my child's inventory and the only books now in her inventory are the first vampire book and the first archaeology skill book (I'll have to double check the book number). Did it turn into the other book? She had the vampire book already, but I don't think she had the archaeology one. Also a relic base disappeared and a painting from reference that was framed and hanging on the wall. I am checking for kleptomaniacs that may have been in the house, but that would not explain the sim written archaeology books disappearing.

Perhaps it's a new Omiscan curse..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Hi, I just saw that this apartment issue was happening. I just got the game recently and both of my current families are in apartments because I prefer them to houses. I'm kind of scared to start playing them again because I don't want this bug to occur. Do we know how long it'll take for this to be fixed? It just seems like this is a major issue that should be addressed immediately.
  • Options
    Hi, I just saw that this apartment issue was happening. I just got the game recently and both of my current families are in apartments because I prefer them to houses. I'm kind of scared to start playing them again because I don't want this bug to occur. Do we know how long it'll take for this to be fixed? It just seems like this is a major issue that should be addressed immediately.

Hello @ListentoToppDogg
    We don’t know how long it will be until it is fixed but the QA team are investigating it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-Furniture-disappears-from-apartment/m-p/6681579/highlight/true#M59465
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > ListentoToppDogg wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I just saw that this apartment issue was happening. I just got the game recently and both of my current families are in apartments because I prefer them to houses. I'm kind of scared to start playing them again because I don't want this bug to occur. Do we know how long it'll take for this to be fixed? It just seems like this is a major issue that should be addressed immediately.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ListentoToppDogg
    > We don’t know how long it will be until it is fixed but the QA team are investigating it.

Thanks. I guess I'll just wait until it's fixed to play again.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > ListentoToppDogg wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I just saw that this apartment issue was happening. I just got the game recently and both of my current families are in apartments because I prefer them to houses. I'm kind of scared to start playing them again because I don't want this bug to occur. Do we know how long it'll take for this to be fixed? It just seems like this is a major issue that should be addressed immediately.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ListentoToppDogg
    > We don’t know how long it will be until it is fixed but the QA team are investigating it.

Thanks. I guess I'll just wait until it's fixed to play again.

You could perhaps start a new save game file, and have your sims living in a home in another world, until the issue is fixed.