Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what exactly does the romance guru do?

Anything? I haven't had anything come from asking him about my romantic destiny before so what's the point?
Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    My sim got a bad outlook which gave her a sad moodlet and kinda ruined any chance of finding romance at that particular festival.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I wish he was more like the Matchmaker from TS2. :(
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    Another half done feature that really does nothing but be present to photograph
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Wow it's like I predicted this the moment the Romance Guru's existence was announced or something.

Who's the real Guru here?!
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    The guru told me my sims's romantic future looks bleak. Her (now) ex flirted with others. Every date someone has taken her out on has been very meh. Even that cube she got from the geek festival told her she would have no luck in love. At every festival so far, the guru has given her bad news. If it continues, she is just going to go desperate and wish for love at the Well.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Not much sadly, was really hoping the Guru was similar to the Matchmaker, seems like a really half baked Job.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Sims don't have likes/dislikes so how would the matchmaker guru pick a date for them? It would be completely random and that's not what I would want from a matchmaker personally. Wishing well does the same job with added romance bars.
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sims don't have likes/dislikes so how would the matchmaker guru pick a date for them? It would be completely random and that's not what I would want from a matchmaker personally. Wishing well does the same job with added romance bars.

Matchmaker guru asks our sim 'What are the qualities you are looking for in another Sim?' And then Sim could answer 'I wish for someone good', and then voila - if you are lucky, good sim appears next to yours, if not... then you meet his evil twin.

In this generation you don't have to be any clairvoyant to predict, that any new content will give you new moodlet and emotion change or boost for gaining skills or needs. And this is why I'm constantly gaining moodlet 'bored' while playing Sims 4.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited November 2016
    Shakuahi wrote: »

Matchmaker guru asks our sim 'What are the qualities you are looking for in another Sim?' And then Sim could answer 'I wish for someone good', and then voila - if you are lucky, good sim appears next to yours, if not... then you meet his evil twin.

In this generation you don't have to be any clairvoyant to predict, that any new content will give you new moodlet and emotion change or boost for gaining skills or needs. And this is why I'm constantly gaining moodlet 'bored' while playing Sims 4.

Well that would be a way making it less random and more interesting. You could do that kind of search with GT clubs. It would be a quaranteed positive result though and no matchmaker involved. Unless you only did that kind of search on the romance festival. Also you could pick a couple of trait options, so you would not be sure what traits the chosen sim actually has. I might actually try this :smile:
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    I wish he was more like the Matchmaker from TS2. :(

So do I.
  • Options
    He or she isnt really needed as there are plenty of married sims that will flirt with yours. ;):p
  • Options
    He will tell your sim if their suited for their soulmate

11-05-16_6-34-55nbspPM.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    Aww, that's sweet what the Guru said to your sim, Catlover. I've never seen mine say anything even remotely nice to my sims. LOL Anyway, as others have answered, the Matchmaker doesn't do a whole lot outside of telling you how well matched (in his opinion) your sims are. I definitely agree with a few others in wishing that he could summon a match for your sim. (Please give that summoning a decent chance at botching horribly, too, and providing your sim with a less that savory match. lol) I'd have fallen out of my chair laughing if the Matchmaker had summoned me up some terribly evil and horribly matched sim to date.
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, the guru is more of a gimmick than anything. The wishing well in a STUFF pack managed to nail matchmaking, why can't the romance guru in a EP? I'd have expected him to be even more advanced, take into account careers and traits etc, if he's such a 'guru'.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2016

Or it could ask you about which traits your prefer in a sim or hair color preferences... There is quite a few ways that the Matchmaker could work in this game.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    LOL My matchmaker in 2 never got it right. Some of the combos were hilarious. Unless maybe my young adult simmers preferred elders? And yes i had my preferences all noted. Haven't done much with the guru as yet although they did peg my sim's romance as not going to have a happy ending. She was dating our favorite Lothario though so that's a given.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Megan4462Megan4462 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the romance guru hates vampires because every time my vampire couple visits him, he says things like "I hear wedding bells, but they sound cracked." My sim got upset, so to cheer her up, I had her drink from him.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Not much sadly, was really hoping the Guru was similar to the Matchmaker, seems like a really half baked Job.

Yes, I hoped for the same but got a moodlet provider instead.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    In my game, the guru destroys relationships. I sent Sergio Romeo there with Siobhan, and after telling him they had a romance to last a lifetime, he flirted with Siobhan, which resulted in Sergio getting upset and breaking up with her. 10/10 romance guru.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    In my mainsave the romance guru is a beautiful elderly woman with cc alien eyes. Though she doesn't do anything useful, her appearance is pleasing and calming. Especially when she's in flirty mode (which she is most of the time) her gestures radiate so much grace that I'm at peace with the feature. Could have gone either way, though, then I'd sing a different tune, lol.
  • Options
    DustwebDustweb Posts: 7 New Member
    Are all romance Gurus elders? For some reason I only get old ladies in my saves.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yeah, the guru is more of a gimmick than anything. The wishing well in a STUFF pack managed to nail matchmaking, why can't the romance guru in a EP? I'd have expected him to be even more advanced, take into account careers and traits etc, if he's such a 'guru'.

Hang on, the wishing well matchmakes?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Last time I checked them, she said my sim would find a love with a certain appearence she described, then I found a new game-generated sim with the same features. I still don't know if it's coincidence or not.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Last time I checked them, she said my sim would find a love with a certain appearence she described, then I found a new game-generated sim with the same features. I still don't know if it's coincidence or not.

That happened in my game as well. I liked it! :smiley:

Sometimes my Sims have trouble finding their significant other so the romance festival helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top