Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duplicates and Recolors in My First Pet Stuff

https://simsvip.com/2018/03/12/the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-contains-withheld-content-recolored-duplicates/

You can see they took base game and Cats and Dogs content and barely changed it for the most part. Wow. Just wow.
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2018
    Pulled content and recolours.

https://simsvip.com/2018/03/12/the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-contains-withheld-content-recolored-duplicates/

I just don't see how they can defend this one.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You’re a little late to the party there friend lol but you’re right. The pack will still do big numbers tomorrow though anyway.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited March 2018
    it's super skeevy of them but I'm so desperate for a hamster I've thrown away all self-respect
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    it's super skeevy of them but I'm so desperate for a hamster I've thrown away all self-respect

Stay strong
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    They showed all of the pack items on the livestream....so it's not like they are hiding what's in there, lol.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    You’re a little late to the party there friend lol but you’re right. The pack will still do big numbers tomorrow though anyway.
    Of course it will and for me it is not worth the price unless it is real cheap for which I can wait. I can buy it now but I won't because of the practice it has adopted and yes, in my eyes and thoughts some of that content was withheld and EA/Maxis know it was. However, for those buying it they are entitled to buy into it. I will wait for the next GP/EP and hope it path is not the same as this SP, as said all done fits Sims 4 controversial path.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    But you forgot the 5 pets! *hides*
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I love SimVIP and I'm really happy that she did this post. I hope that everyone sees this before buying it. Totally not worth it.

Now I kinda feel bad because I know that my sugar daddy is buying this for me and giving EA the money.. :lol: well at least it's not my money that goes to EA.
  • Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

dokuma.jpg
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    good for you! Someone whose not buying because they dont want to! What a breath of fresh air you are

Dont spend $10 on coffee??
    how about tea?
    :wink:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

It is only four. Sonic was a joke..
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    So much venom for a 10.00 stuff pack...lol

Part of the problem is that it is no longer a $10.00 stuff pack here since the first of the year. It is probably better this way, I'm saving money and finding after a couple days the hype wears off and I don't miss what I thought I wanted.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Tardy to the party. It was pretty obvious a lot of this was recolors along with a few things that was missing from a matching set. This feels even less empty like perfect patio stuff pack. Hardly enough stuff as it feels more like a add on than anything.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yup, it's pretty sad. The shirt that male and female sims get is a recolor of a shirt from the base game, and the swatches are uuuuuugly. Who wants to wear a shirt with ugly Dalmatian spots on it? Even Deligracy, who's usually a big fan of everything sims, was critical of the CAS. The pet clothes are excessive and ridiculous. It makes me wonder how low EA made their budget, because this pack is stingy.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    So much venom for a 10.00 stuff pack...lol

Yeah, but when you live in Venezuela and 10$ is equal to 2 months on a full time job...
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I really don’t get what they were thinking. I feel like this is obvious how they are trying to take advantage of us. I have every pack, but I can’t justify buying this one. Also the desk and chair not being included in cats and dogs is so obvious now and the recolors. It just all makes me sick. I’m usually always defending them and I’ve been here since day one of Sims 4 release, but this is just a huge money grab and a blantant disrespect for their customers.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    aleeeexxxp wrote: »
    I really don’t get what they were thinking. I feel like this is obvious how they are trying to take advantage of us. I have every pack, but I can’t justify buying this one. Also the desk and chair not being included in cats and dogs is so obvious now and the recolors. It just all makes me sick. I’m usually always defending them and I’ve been here since day one of Sims 4 release, but this is just a huge money grab and a blantant disrespect for their customers.

Yup. There's just no other way to put it.