Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims will be at EA play this June

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited February 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Don't get why some people are in such a hurry to get sims 5.

I think it has to do with Sims 4 being the least popular title of the Sims franchise.

There's really nothing to support this. The fact they want it go past the normal 4 year cycle suggests the opposite.

Are we seriously all just gonna pretend Sims 4 doesn't poll terribly versus the other games? A thread I made is still active and shows how poorly the game is received on average. There have been a number of polls asking people to name their favorite or rate each game and Sims 4 consistently underperforms. Heck, the general atmosphere of these forums makes that obvious, since for example a rather active thread lately is "if you could change three things to improve Sims 4," people are constantly asking about Sims 5 and there's a great number of criticisms that arise with every pack. If you think this forum is the most negative, I'm gonna say you seriously lack perspective on the Sims community because whether you grab simscommunity, SimsVIP, the Sims subreddit, carl's sim guide or any other random Sims communities, you will very quickly see this forum is easymode in terms of how harsh the criticisms are. If you feel my thread is a terrible measurement of the game's rating, by all means please go to Metacritic, any games journalism website or any other review database and compare the Sims games to each other. I promise you it doesn't get better than what you see here. Quite the opposite.

Sales or cycle length =/= success. There are a great number of factors that can go into cycle length and plenty of great products sell poorly. Last we heard, this game was still behind all three of the other games in terms of total sales, so that's not even an argument for it. We also have zero confirmation the Sims 4 will last significantly longer. It's also interesting to note that if we tried to gauge quality by sales, Sims 1 is the best, Sims 3 is second, Sims 2 is third and this remains last. Sims 2 is often regarded as the best one while Sims 1 is admittedly dated and offers practically nothing over Sims 2, so clearly sales don't reflect quality.

It is perfectly fine if you love Sims 4. However, when we sit here in blatant denial of the facts surrounding how well rated this game is, then quite frankly it sends the impression we're too personally invested in this game. You can like the game, you also shouldn't feel shame in liking something that overall has mixed reception; like it because you like it. When we're blatantly denying facts and rewriting history though simply because the facts are uncomfortable to look at? Yeah, now it's time to take a step back and ask yourself why that truth of it's mixed reception seems so bothersome to you.

I think it's a mistake to deny such things and pretend like everything is fine. Doing exactly that is how you allow the quality of the game to drop, because it welcomes a culture where no one speaks out when features start disappearing.

Lol you made a poll in the feedback forum, a place where all the people who complain about the game go.

People who complain about the game are nothing more than a vocal minority. 90% of negativity here are the same dozens or so people posting over and over again. Those who like the game are busy playing the game instead of posting on forums like this.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

I think it has to do with Sims 4 being the least popular title of the Sims franchise.

There's really nothing to support this. The fact they want it go past the normal 4 year cycle suggests the opposite.

Are we seriously all just gonna pretend Sims 4 doesn't poll terribly versus the other games? A thread I made is still active and shows how poorly the game is received on average. There have been a number of polls asking people to name their favorite or rate each game and Sims 4 consistently underperforms. Heck, the general atmosphere of these forums makes that obvious, since for example a rather active thread lately is "if you could change three things to improve Sims 4," people are constantly asking about Sims 5 and there's a great number of criticisms that arise with every pack. If you think this forum is the most negative, I'm gonna say you seriously lack perspective on the Sims community because whether you grab simscommunity, SimsVIP, the Sims subreddit, carl's sim guide or any other random Sims communities, you will very quickly see this forum is easymode in terms of how harsh the criticisms are. If you feel my thread is a terrible measurement of the game's rating, by all means please go to Metacritic, any games journalism website or any other review database and compare the Sims games to each other. I promise you it doesn't get better than what you see here. Quite the opposite.

Sales or cycle length =/= success. There are a great number of factors that can go into cycle length and plenty of great products sell poorly. Last we heard, this game was still behind all three of the other games in terms of total sales, so that's not even an argument for it. We also have zero confirmation the Sims 4 will last significantly longer. It's also interesting to note that if we tried to gauge quality by sales, Sims 1 is the best, Sims 3 is second, Sims 2 is third and this remains last. Sims 2 is often regarded as the best one while Sims 1 is admittedly dated and offers practically nothing over Sims 2, so clearly sales don't reflect quality.

It is perfectly fine if you love Sims 4. However, when we sit here in blatant denial of the facts surrounding how well rated this game is, then quite frankly it sends the impression we're too personally invested in this game. You can like the game, you also shouldn't feel shame in liking something that overall has mixed reception; like it because you like it. When we're blatantly denying facts and rewriting history though simply because the facts are uncomfortable to look at? Yeah, now it's time to take a step back and ask yourself why that truth of it's mixed reception seems so bothersome to you.

I think it's a mistake to deny such things and pretend like everything is fine. Doing exactly that is how you allow the quality of the game to drop, because it welcomes a culture where no one speaks out when features start disappearing.

Make a poll on a Facebook Sims group that’s for all games and come back to me. I already know The Sims 4 wins by a landslide.

Yup. If The Sims official Twitter account (2 million followers) or The Sims YouTube channel (1 million subscribers) made poll asking the favorite Sims game, TS4 would easily have more votes than the 3 other games combined.

Hell, even when SimsVIP (which has a far smaller following) made a poll two years ago TS4 still had almost 50% votes.

poll.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Make a poll on a Facebook Sims group that’s for all games and come back to me. I already know The Sims 4 wins by a landslide.

Yup. If The Sims official Twitter account (2 million followers) or The Sims YouTube channel (1 million subscribers) made poll asking the favorite Sims game, TS4 would easily have more votes than the 3 other games combined.

Hell, even when SimsVIP (which has a far smaller following) made a poll two years ago TS4 still had almost 50% votes.

poll.png

Can you link me to the poll? Sims 2 is my favorite, but I like all the other 3. At this point in time, they each have something unique to offer, at least.

Also, I'm amused that each game is roughly half as popular as its successor. The bars dividing into half look visually pleasing. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

And of course let's keep in mind not all the community of the sims fanbase is represented there. Some use other social platforms. I mean, better wise it would be just to make a global poll and share it everyone for everyone from everywhere to vote.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018

As I have learned from another game, the ones that have the most complaints/hate the game are the most vocal crowd but are often in the minority. The fact that there are probably a lot of people that don’t come to this forum(or even know it exists. I only learned recently and I’ve apparently had an account since 2012(which I do not remember making)) so there could be quite a lot of people that love this game more then those that don’t that aren’t responding to your poll simply because they don’t know this place exists.

I have nothing more to say on the matter considering I don’t know what EA play is and I barely know what E3 is but the fact that you assume forumns like this one shows the opinion of *all* sim players really made me upset. I didn’t even know several of those sites existed till you meantioned them(I figured there must be a Reddit but I don’t go on reddit ever) so I’m sure I’m not the only one. So yeah that’s all I wanted to say. Have a nice rest of the day.
    Ever heard of ‘randomly’? This forum is not only visited by unsatisfied simmers, never has been. It’s visited by simmers.

@elelunicy Does SimsVIP have a section for each of the games? I mean, is it a place where all simmers go? Or mainly simmers that play Sims 4? Because in that respect this forum is quite a diverse cross section. It’s the difference between asking on a general music forum who they prefer, The Stones or The Beatles, or if you do so on a Stones/Beatles forum. That will influence the outcome.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

As I have learned from another game, the ones that have the most complaints/hate the game are the most vocal crowd but are often in the minority. The fact that there are probably a lot of people that don’t come to this forum(or even know it exists. I only learned recently and I’ve apparently had an account since 2012(which I do not remember making)) so there could be quite a lot of people that love this game more then those that don’t that aren’t responding to your poll simply because they don’t know this place exists.

I have nothing more to say on the matter considering I don’t know what EA play is and I barely know what E3 is but the fact that you assume forumns like this one shows the opinion of *all* sim players really made me upset. I didn’t even know several of those sites existed till you meantioned them(I figured there must be a Reddit but I don’t go on reddit ever) so I’m sure I’m not the only one. So yeah that’s all I wanted to say. Have a nice rest of the day.
    Ever heard of ‘randomly’? This forum is not only visited by unsatisfied simmers, never has been. It’s visited by simmers.

That..wasn’t at all the point I was making? I’m confused by what you mean by randomly. My point was that not everyone knows these platforms exist myself included until tecently so basing the popularity of the game on just those that visit results in not very accurate data as who knows how many don’t know such things exist and love the game or something idk. I thought I was clear in my meaning but I guess I wasn’t *shrugs*
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

That..wasn’t at all the point I was making? I’m confused by what you mean by randomly. My point was that not everyone knows these platforms exist myself included until tecently so basing the popularity of the game on just those that visit results in not very accurate data as who knows how many don’t know such things exist and love the game or something idk. I thought I was clear in my meaning but I guess I wasn’t *shrugs*
    Randomly is the word that comes up when I type in the Dutch word I mean, but I already wondered if it’s correct. What I mean is ‘spot check’, ‘ random sample’, ‘random test’. Meaning: if all parties are present (and they are here) it isn’t necessary to have every single person in those parties participating to get a reliable result.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

No poll about the popularity of a sims game will ever be accurate. This poll is incredibly skewed because barely anybody my age (teenager) is on the forums. You're missing out a large demographic so your poll isn't entirely accurate
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

You are trying to pretend you have facts yet you are just stating your own observations and opinions, aka nothing credible.

Meanwhile i have personally linked you factual data that shows otherwise.

These forums also make up less than 1 percent of simmers.

Youre basically polling a small city in Arkansas about the opinion of a president and stating it as the unaninous opinion of the USA.

Its not factual, and its honestly annoying. I have asked for hard proof and numbers multiple times, if you arent going to provide them then please stop going around making false statements.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

Did anyone actually read the webpage thing - ie the French thing that is also in English?

It states The Sims Mobile is a featured game.

Still, at least Simmers can rest easy that they don't need to show up for this thing.

Mystery over.

EDIT:
    It may be a translation thing - so scrub what I said.

in the article it says:

"The Sims ™ 4 and our mobile games will also be available, along with several surprises."

It's very odd for me because The sims 4 does not get dragged to EA events anymore, so I think it should be something bigger than just a regular game add.

Now that we've got Sims 4 on console systems, they could be pushing it out for publicity purposes. For all we know, it could only be the console and Sims Mobile that will be featured, not the PC version...maybe that's when they make the official announcement of when the Sims Mobile will be released in the US.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    This makes me kinda worried tbh. Usually EA only talks about really big stuff on EA Play and The Sims team doesn't get invited to those events anymore so I really hope that it's not TS5...
    I mean The Sims 4 just started to get good. 2017 was a great year for the game(I red somewhere that the game gained a lot of new players actually) and the new packs were great. The console version just came out, toddlers etc. And the beginning of 2018 also seems promising for TS4..

Having really mixed feeling about this :smirk:

As I just mentioned EA could be going to EA Play for the console version and Sims Mobile, not the PC version. It would make sense since the console was released well after the last EA Play taking it for this year's edition would give more potential players some hands on (especially with the DLC being adapted from the PC version and rolling out for console play.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

Did anyone actually read the webpage thing - ie the French thing that is also in English?

It states The Sims Mobile is a featured game.

Still, at least Simmers can rest easy that they don't need to show up for this thing.

Mystery over.

EDIT:
    It may be a translation thing - so scrub what I said.

in the article it says:

"The Sims ™ 4 and our mobile games will also be available, along with several surprises."

It's very odd for me because The sims 4 does not get dragged to EA events anymore, so I think it should be something bigger than just a regular game add.

Now that we've got Sims 4 on console systems, they could be pushing it out for publicity purposes. For all we know, it could only be the console and Sims Mobile that will be featured, not the PC version...maybe that's when they make the official announcement of when the Sims Mobile will be released in the US.

It was announced in January that Sims Mobile will be released this quarter. This quarter ends March 31st. EA Play is scheduled for June. I think the game changers at EA this week has something to do with Sims Mobile. There have been several tweets of pics with the Sims Mobile team and Jenn tweeted a pic of a hoodie with the blue and green Sims Mobile plumbobs.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018

You are trying to pretend you have facts yet you are just stating your own observations and opinions, aka nothing credible.

Meanwhile i have personally linked you factual data that shows otherwise.

These forums also make up less than 1 percent of simmers.

Youre basically polling a small city in Arkansas about the opinion of a president and stating it as the unaninous opinion of the USA.

Its not factual, and its honestly annoying. I have asked for hard proof and numbers multiple times, if you arent going to provide them then please stop going around making false statements.

What data do you have to say this site here is less than 1% of those playing? This site doesn't list how many are members, how many are logged in, how many visits, who are guests just surfing, and or anything else. It might to the moderators but TS3 listed all that stuff and how many were logged in on release date etc. Or the biggest number of people on the site totals etc. How can you even suggest you actually know this site is less than 1% without the proper data.

As for polls, all sampling polls are skewed it depends on who you ask and how you ask it. If all are of one group then of course you get a skewed answer and that is why professional pollers poll likely voters not those who aren't going to vote. Those type of polls are supposed to represent the entire population, so if you can't trust a poll here (it's always a sample representing the general public) then you can't trust any other professional poll concerning anything else. Because people will always say, they didn't poll me, but they don't have to, they get a good mix representing all then use that to say if something is more popular or not. That's how it's done. ETA: Margin of error comes from having more of the same group answer rather than have mixed numbers equal to both. ETA: 99% of polls ask less than 1,000 people, so, if you can't trust a poll here then how can anyone trust such a small sample somewhere else, but we do, and that is a representation of most.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    What data do you have to say this site here is less than 1% of those playing? This site doesn't list how many are members, how many are logged in, how many visits, who are guests just surfing, and or anything else. It might to the moderators but TS3 listed all that stuff and how many were logged in on release date etc. Or the biggest number of people on the site totals etc. How can you even suggest you actually know this site is less than 1% without the proper data.

Yes there is data.

Based on the badge ownership:

There are 53k members that have posted at least one comment
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/badge/comment

There are 17k members that have posted at least ten comments
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/badge/comment-10

Since we know TS4 has sold more than 5 million copies back in 2016 (confirmed by SimGuruLyndsay), we can safely assume the total number of posters here are less than 1% of TS4 players.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Lol you made a poll in the feedback forum, a place where all the people who complain about the game go.

People who complain about the game are nothing more than a vocal minority. 90% of negativity here are the same dozens or so people posting over and over again. Those who like the game are busy playing the game instead of posting on forums like this.

Where am I supposed to post it? For all I recall, I might've put it in General and it got moved there. The idea that "feedback" automatically means it's where negativity flocks...? News to me.

The poll you provided? I hadn't seen. It's definitely interesting and puts perspective on how divided the community is. The Sims team has taken special care to market to the Youtuber, blogger and twitter crowd, and that poll makes it clear there's a reason for that. I wasn't aware the difference in satisfaction was that drastic once entering that type of community. I would be very interested in what percent of those poll answers are from people who have only played 4 or only played 3 and 4. After all, the team themselves have admitted their target is teen girls, their transition to media forms popular with teenagers is obvious, and sure enough the poll conducted on one of the "newer" Sims communities is positive while the older communities are mixed or negative.

However, this doesn't change that Sims 4 is controversial and overall still seems to have the lowest satisfaction of the four games. The question is not if the majority likes it, the question was if it's the least popular overall. There are a significant amount of negative reviews for the Sims 4, which cannot be said for the others. Sims 1 is how we got here and remains one of the best-selling games of all time, so it's clear it still holds the title for being the most loved during it's run. Sims 2 likewise met absolute critical acclaim because in almost all ways, it simply improved on the foundations of Sims 1. No dramatic changes were made, just straight upgrades for the most part, and it's difficult to find a critic of Sims 2 to this day. Sims 3 is the only other game on the list with some level of controversy to it, and even so...? I really struggle to compare the controversy it saw to the controversy of Sims 4. I was one of the people initially dissatisfied with Sims 3, but the EPs pulled up it's quality for me. The same isn't happening for Sims 4. And of course the problem remains that people can highlight clear downgrades from Sims 3 going into Sims 4. This sample even reflects that much.

The criticism is still very strong. Those negative votes don't go away, and those are exactly why it still ranks as the worst. Sims 1 and 2 saw universal 9's and 10's, Sims 3 saw some mixed reviews but overall still ranged 7-9, and then Sims 4 did this. It's interesting to note those reviews are ongoing; filter by date and the recent reviews do not showcase a massive improvement since the release of the game, but rather people still frequently wind up unsatisfied. Heck, the 10/10 rating is a fake one heavily-laced with sarcasm, and it remains the "most helpful" positive review.

As I said, this wasn't a question of "do people like the game," this was a question of if it's the least popular game in the franchise. I cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that this one is less popular than Sims 3, but I also cannot understand why anyone would want to pretend there isn't this constant aura of disappointment and negativity amongst the communities. To name it a "vocal minority...?" I'm sorry, but I always view that "argument" as a rather weaksauce effort to dismiss any evidence to the contrary.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

No poll about the popularity of a sims game will ever be accurate. This poll is incredibly skewed because barely anybody my age (teenager) is on the forums. You're missing out a large demographic so your poll isn't entirely accurate

This right here is the problem with such discussions: everyone proclaims themselves Lord of what poll results matter and which don't. Here's my method: they all do. The one going against my own argument matters, the ones supporting my argument matter. You have to acknowledge all of them, and when you do, I think you'll find the percent of criticism the Sims 4 sees is undoubtedly larger than Sims 1 and 2 and I definitely see it being significantly higher than Sims 3 too. (though as said, I'm afraid that's more difficult to prove)
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

Yes there is data.

Since we know TS4 has sold more than 5 million copies back in 2016 (confirmed by SimGuruLyndsay), we can safely assume the total number of posters here are less than 1% of TS4 players.

Still no proof of anything. Some of that 5 million sold may have been one person (we know a few) who bought more than one copy. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited March 2018
    Probably won't be anything significant. If we're getting Seasons this year I doubt it will be announced before the late summer or fall.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes there is data.

Still no proof of anything. Some of that 5 million sold may have been one person (we know a few) who bought more than one copy. :)

The problem with the logic of the post you're quoting is that it fails to view numbers in a representative manner rather than as absolutes. We are incapable of polling ALL people and finding a definitive answer, so we can only view communities as samples. Even the poll in favor of Sims 4 was only answered by 20k users, which is a far cry from 5 million. For all we know the satisfaction could change drastically the moment the lion's share of votes are found, thus viewing things as absolutes is ill-advised. All we can do is acknowledge that Sims 4 won in that poll, but also acknowledge that I can name 5 communities where Sims 4 has mixed reviews for every one where it has positive. Clearly reviews are mixed.

I'd also advise against using things like 53k members posting one comment because Steam stats for example has this oddity where you'll often find only 92-96% of people complete the tutorial quests for games, which seems odd. (nor does it account for users who lurk but don't post)

And lastly, yes, bias exists towards the newer titles. The very poll linked in favor of Sims 4 showcases this wonderfully. The poll results match up with the age of the games perfectly. I'm actually tempted to calculate out the percent increase on each game because even the percent increase seems steady. Perhaps the problem with the poll used in defense of Sims 4 is that it rates via comparing instead of asking for direct review scores; this skews things because people who have not played all games are forced to vote for titles they have played, which may not reflect the actual quality of the games themselves. For example I've played the Witcher 1, but not 2 and 3. If I were asked my favorite Witcher game, I may be forced to vote for 1 even though based on what I've heard, it should not be the best of the series. Review scores comparatively allow people an opportunity to score each game they've played on a 1 to 10 scale while simply opting out of rating those they haven't, and then you compare the review scores to get an idea of reception.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

Yes there is data.

The problem with the logic of the post you're quoting is that it fails to view numbers in a representative manner rather than as absolutes. We are incapable of polling ALL people and finding a definitive answer, so we can only view communities as samples. Even the poll in favor of Sims 4 was only answered by 20k users, which is a far cry from 5 million. For all we know the satisfaction could change drastically the moment the lion's share of votes are found, thus viewing things as absolutes is ill-advised. All we can do is acknowledge that Sims 4 won in that poll, but also acknowledge that I can name 5 communities where Sims 4 has mixed reviews for every one where it has positive. Clearly reviews are mixed.

I'd also advise against using things like 53k members posting one comment because Steam stats for example has this oddity where you'll often find only 92-96% of people complete the tutorial quests for games, which seems odd. (nor does it account for users who lurk but don't post)

And lastly, yes, bias exists towards the newer titles. The very poll linked in favor of Sims 4 showcases this wonderfully. The poll results match up with the age of the games perfectly. I'm actually tempted to calculate out the percent increase on each game because even the percent increase seems steady. Perhaps the problem with the poll used in defense of Sims 4 is that it rates via comparing instead of asking for direct review scores; this skews things because people who have not played all games are forced to vote for titles they have played, which may not reflect the actual quality of the games themselves. For example I've played the Witcher 1, but not 2 and 3. If I were asked my favorite Witcher game, I may be forced to vote for 1 even though based on what I've heard, it should not be the best of the series. Review scores comparatively allow people an opportunity to score each game they've played on a 1 to 10 scale while simply opting out of rating those they haven't, and then you compare the review scores to get an idea of reception.

Does it really matter who likes this game or not as long as they sold 5 million? The numbers that matter are the green ones.$
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Yes there is data.

Wasn’t the 5 million copies never confirmed? When the badge started circulating gurus refused to confirm what it was in reference too.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Yes there is data.

Wasn’t the 5 million copies never confirmed? When the badge started circulating gurus refused to confirm what it was in reference too.

They did confirm it, but not in the context of those buttons. It was awhile after that when they said “something like that” in regards to a question about 5 million units sold. I wanna say it was after toddlers.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Yes there is data.

They did confirm it, but not in the context of those buttons. It was awhile after that when they said “something like that” in regards to a question about 5 million units sold. I wanna say it was after toddlers.
    They confirmed it was at least 5M about a year later, indeed after the game had had its toddler boost. There is also the Grant Rodiek quote where he said Sims 4 was doing great, after a rocky start. I think that 5M button was tweeted in that rocky start era.

(and to anyone who starts shouting: “That’s speculation JoAnne!”, look what section we’re in *big smile*)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Yes there is data.

Thanks, I remember the erm drama shall we say that came when those buttons were pictures and I knew it wasnt confirmed at that point. 5 million copies after particularly after toddlers is not impressive.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Yes there is data.

Thanks, I remember the erm drama shall we say that came when those buttons were pictures and I knew it wasnt confirmed at that point. 5 million copies after particularly after toddlers is not impressive.
    There are about 5 billion people on the earth who are old enough to play the game which is sold worldwide. So 5 million copies sold means that about 1 out of every 1000 such people (0.1%) own the game.

It is more than for most other games. But still less than half of the sold copies of TS1.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Yes there is data.

Me too. With how data obsessed they used to be they were probably for some in-game milestone across all users. Like 5 million woohoos. Who knows.