Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here is what I want to see in the Final Jungle Adventures Livestream Friday

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I know we 'll be seeing the temple which I'm looking forward too but I'm also hoping to see the following

The Romantic Villa inside view

A Hidden Pool

The Lookout Point near Flirty Falls that wasn't shown

The island that is off to itself

The hostile with 8 bedrooms.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm curious about the 8 bedroom villa too. I'm hoping we can just rent a bedroom in it and not have to rent the whole thing. If we have to rent the whole thing then that lot will get bulldozed because it will be useless to the way I play. I'll use the lot to build something smaller and cheaper for single sims to use.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm curious about the 8 bedroom villa too. I'm hoping we can just rent a bedroom in it and not have to rent the whole thing. If we have to rent the whole thing then that lot will get bulldozed because it will be useless to the way I play. I'll use the lot to build something smaller and cheaper for single sims to use.

I think with that one that the locals will also be sleeping there like in WA.
  • Options

I hope it runs differently. I think it would be too pricey to have to rent the whole villa. I'd be okay with other locals there, or other archaeology students, so long as I am not footing the bill for the whole place.

Aside from that, I want to see some of the tomb exploration play too.
  • Options

I hope it runs differently. I think it would be too pricey to have to rent the whole villa. I'd be okay with other locals there, or other archaeology students, so long as I am not footing the bill for the whole place.

Aside from that, I want to see some of the tomb exploration play too.

Tomb exploration is a given. They've said they'll be showing the temples next.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I want to see the romantic villa too. I'm planning to use it for a romantic getaway on my show. And I'm curious to see how "hidden pools" actually work.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the big house, as set-up now, is just like any other rental villa except that it has eight bedrooms. They are not going to "add in" a new program for a B&B or a hostel that will take up space in this already packed pack.

You could however possibly create your own type of hostel by changing the lot to a public lot type. Maybe National Park as it doesn't "require" as much or just a park. The required stuff could be used at a hostel to keep the kiddies happy. Generic doesn't really work for me and never has.

If anyone play tests this idea, please let me know how changing the lot type to a public lot makes any difference.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Hostel to me seems like it should definitely be that you're renting a room and not the whole thing. Otherwise why specifically call it a hostel and not just a Party/Luxury 8 Room Rental or something like that.

If this is true it means it's a system they could reuse for regular hotels and/or dorm rooms in the future. I mean they have the basics for this in how you can rent one apartment in CL so doing it on a smaller scale for rentals is not out of the realm of possibility.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I have a feeling you're going to have to rent the whole villa, I think they would've said if you could just rent one room? I think it'd be cool if you could rent just one room though. If not, I agree, I'll probably bulldoze it, too, to build something smaller.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    I have a feeling you're going to have to rent the whole villa, I think they would've said if you could just rent one room? I think it'd be cool if you could rent just one room though. If not, I agree, I'll probably bulldoze it, too, to build something smaller.

In TS3 npc rented as well. That's why I think this 8 bedroom hostile will have other sims renting as well.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i hope you can rent a single room maybe with a community parlor and kitchen i plan on making a single sim and training her in athletic
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I think I might skip it, so I can go in not knowing more than that I saw in the first live stream. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If you have to rent the whole hostel, I'll probably replace it with something, maybe the Selvadoradan/Mexican food restaurant I was planning for one of the other worlds like Brindleton Bay. Or I might remodel it and turn it into a spa with massages and a sauna.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If you have to rent the whole hostel, I'll probably replace it with something, maybe the Selvadoradan/Mexican food restaurant I was planning for one of the other worlds like Brindleton Bay. Or I might remodel it and turn it into a spa with massages and a sauna.

Wondering if I could save the hostel to my library and put it somewhere else (Oasis Springs, maybe?). Some of the buildings could pass for Southwestern or Mission style... :wink: not sure since I don't build that particular style.

(I might even use OS more often, with some fresh buildings in it)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think they will make a beach GP at some point which adds hotels
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I miss the Beach why can't they give us several worlds instead of just one.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    During the live stream Ninja said it was a hostel like WA base camp. So you just get 1 bed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I want to see BB mode properly. So far it looks great!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    During the live stream Ninja said it was a hostel like WA base camp. So you just get 1 bed.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping for! I haven't seen the stream yet today because I just got in from work.
  • Options
    Oh. So which is it? lol.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018

She needs to tell Ninja - lol. I could have sworn He said it was a sort of hostel for student archeologists - which made me happy. Now not very happy as who can afford an 8 bedroom house if you play without cheats?

ETA - I went back and checked and he did call it a 8 bed Hostel - Research station. So at least I know my memory was right. LOL. It's early in the video right before they start any adventuring - the first Villa they showed - (about 19:06 in the live stream - right after showing the market...
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Did he?

I watched part of it again, (maybe he says it later) but at the part where they are showing off the two rentable lots, it's the other Guru that said it's a hostel and is corrected by a female saying in the background it's a research centre. To which he says: "hostel, research centre same thing"

Sim Guru ninja didn't say anything, at that part anyhow.
  • Options

Did he?

I watched part of it again, (maybe he says it later) but at the part where they are showing off the two rentable lots, it's the other Guru that said it's a hostel and is corrected by a female saying in the background it's a research centre. To which he says: "hostel, research centre same thing"

Sim Guru ninja didn't say anything, at that part anyhow.

Well none the less I asked Megs if they would show the inside anyway and I also told her I wanted to see the inside of the romantic villa.